PDA

View Full Version : BEASTS & CASTS - N.BLAST VS. SUV

Meyfei
Nov 16, 2007, 09:10 AM
A havent got to test out either side, also being im offline still, i only made a cast so far, got it to lvl 20+ as me being offline i HARDLY EVER get to use it, cuz the enemies are so dang weak and pathetic lol. But by looking at the attack styles and whats needed i'll state my opinion of what i DO know.

Casts: To use an SUV you need an Equiped Item, as for offlinethey are obtainable by certain quests, useful to use Yet takes away from your Extra slot, Their attacks are usually long ranged and hit multiple targets, yet is usable for a limited time.

Beasts: -i havent tested them yet but...- It seems, they Dont need Any items to N.blast, they just let there meter grow and RAWR!!! blasting enemies one by one with single blows, While leaveing the extra slot free for what ever units may be needed. It seems unlike casts with there, long ranged SUV's, beasts tend to scratch, tear, and shread their targets while haveing a longer time frame at doing so.

Nyreal
Nov 16, 2007, 09:12 AM
I personally like the look of SUV weapons... That and the fact that they can usually destroy an entire room.

amtalx
Nov 16, 2007, 09:18 AM
As with everything, Just Attack pretty much tips the scales. Nanoblasts will probably end up being better.

Rizen
Nov 16, 2007, 09:20 AM
IT BEGINS AGAIN!!!!

Cast's SUV ability are alot more flexible to situation seeing how you can equip multiple types at any given time. Some of them are melee oriented and others are ranged oriented. Also, each SUV weapon has their own unique status effect associated to them that is applied on enemies on contact. During the period SUV weapons are being used, they can not be harmed by any damage, so in a way, they act as special shields.

Nanoblast is pure plowing with brute melee force. Theres 4 different types of Nanoblast that increases a certain stat drastically: Red for Power, Purple for Defense, Yellow for Agility, and Blue of Invincibility. While Nanoblasting, you have two types of attacks: a normal hit, and a hard hit. Normal hits can be combo'd up to 3 while hard hits only combo once, but hits harder and blows enemies away. Nanoblasting comes at the cost of not being able to use Items, which means you can not heal during the duration.

However, whenever you use either of these, you lose all buffs applied on you before hand.

Chaosgyro
Nov 16, 2007, 09:20 AM
I prefer SUVs...even though I've been a Beast so far http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SUVs don't have to be aquired via quests online, and they add stamina so don't really waste your extra slot. (what else goes in there anyway? a crappy auto-heal? visual effect only mods? ...no really, I'm actually asking) Also, an SUV frontloads its damage and pushes it out in a short amount of time while a nanoblast requires you to have something in range to pound for the duration. Finally, you can't heal during either one which has caused me trouble a number of times during boss fights (or when I forget to pop a mate before blasting) even though I use the defense blast.

perfectminute
Nov 16, 2007, 09:21 AM
SUV's are faster for short term, they do all they damage at once. SUV's are also alot more for situatuions: They own during EX, or rooms like deljaban and vitace in GC 1up. I don't have a leveled cast but it seem like they do 1000 or so with missile launcher, and hit everything 8-10 times.

Beast do more damage, but it's alot more spread out. Beast can usualy last 2-3 spawns of enemies, if there isn't to much running between places. With a strength beast form, they do from 1k to 2k a hit, non crit. I think with a 100/10 FF beast, its was 1.7 a hit on regular enemies. And yes, they dont use any armor slots or anything. It also depends on wether or not there is a nice enough person in the party to heal/star you. Alot of people don't seem to get that beast mode outdamages them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: perfectminute on 2007-11-16 06:25 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 16, 2007, 09:22 AM
On 2007-11-16 06:20, Chaosgyro wrote: (what else goes in there anyway? a crappy auto-heal? visual effect only mods? ...no really, I'm actually asking)
That crappy auto heal has saved me so many times. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 09:22 AM
On 2007-11-16 06:18, amtalx wrote:
As with everything, Just Attack pretty much tips the scales. Nanoblasts will probably end up being better.Wait, hold the phone. JA works for fucking Nanoblast attacks, too?

...SONIC TEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

when do techers get our moment in the limelight http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Rizen
Nov 16, 2007, 09:23 AM
I don't believe Nanoblasts get JA.

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 09:24 AM
I still don't see why Bullets and Techs couldn't enjoy the Just Counter bonus.

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 09:25 AM
I know, hence the http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif face http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Meyfei
As not yet testing the beasts nanoblast, do your chose the N.blast type, or is it random?

Chaosgyro
when do techers get our moment in the limelight

The backflash from a Foie cast is the closest you're going to get.

perfectminute
Nov 16, 2007, 09:26 AM
On 2007-11-16 06:25, Meyfei wrote:
As not yet testing the beasts nanoblast, do your chose the N.blast type, or is it random?

You choose it.

Rayokarna
Nov 16, 2007, 09:27 AM
On 2007-11-16 06:23, Rizen wrote:

Im imagine if you can Just Counter into a SUV XD. That will equal win.

Nyreal
Techers are being essentially screwed... It seems that ST wants them there exclusively for support...

Support that isn't nearly as good as level 30 Shifta and Deband from PSO...

Chaosgyro
On 2007-11-16 06:24, Remedy wrote:

I was under the impression that they did actually.

Gen2000
Nov 16, 2007, 09:28 AM
Power Nanoblast (and only Power) slighty edges out SUV IMO but they are both still awesome in their uses.

About the extra slot use of SUVs, well it can be a pain when looking for armors but there isn't any any awesome extra units out at the moment anyways (the state/maintenance one seems very far off) and SUVs are the same as using a /Stamina unit. Also if you don't mind the extra "work" of hotswapping, you can still make use of the extra units after your SUV is filled.

Rizen
Nov 16, 2007, 09:28 AM
On 2007-11-16 06:24, Remedy wrote:
Well, you do not get the PP returned...but you do get the speed from it if you use it just right.

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 09:29 AM
We CAN Just Counter, yes, but we don't get a guaranteed critical like fighters do.

Meyfei
Nov 16, 2007, 09:30 AM
Techers are my Idols, and my "what would i do with out them", i'd need a techer in ANY run xD the newmen techers are quite powerful, just not really used often, as they, like humans, dont have any speacials like beasts or casts, the make up with there powerful techs, In my opinion i'd rather have newmen techer then a human techer.

amtalx
Nov 16, 2007, 09:37 AM
On 2007-11-16 06:23, Rizen wrote:

I remember someone saying how they were chain criting in beast mode for 3k+. They could have been full of lies though.

Meyfei
Nov 16, 2007, 10:40 AM
What do you mean by, "Chain criting"?

Broodstar1337
Nov 16, 2007, 10:41 AM
On 2007-11-16 06:30, Meyfei wrote:
Techers are my Idols, and my "what would i do with out them", i'd need a techer in ANY run xD the newmen techers are quite powerful, just not really used often, as they, like humans, dont have any speacials like beasts or casts, the make up with there powerful techs, In my opinion i'd rather have newmen techer then a human techer.

You know, that really doesn't say much.

Deissa
Nov 16, 2007, 10:42 AM
You can JA during Nanoblast, as I recall.

razkal
Nov 16, 2007, 11:07 AM
Can we get confirmation from a JP player or a video link to beasts JAing during Nanos please?

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 16, 2007, 11:26 AM
How about this, use NEITHER. I have a Beast FF and he doesn't nanoblast at all, he's too badass to do that, he's just pure skill.

Deissa
Nov 16, 2007, 11:27 AM
On 2007-11-16 08:07, razkal wrote:
Can we get confirmation from a JP player or a video link to beasts JAing during Nanos please?

You got confirmation from a JP player in the post above yours :p

Jaspaller
Nov 16, 2007, 11:31 AM
SUV... they really need to give Humans and Newmans something though. I find it pretty funny that people are wusses and can't live without their SUV/Nanoblast.

Zorafim
Nov 16, 2007, 11:33 AM
I prefer the concept of SUVs, probably because I've been using them for so long. With an SUV, you can take out especially difficult spawns of monsters, and just keep on doing what you were doing. You also get a variety of attacks to choose from, assuming you bring them with you. A major downside is that it's possible to miss with them, though with Sturm that isn't really an issue.

Besides, SUV macros are fun.
SHINING FINGER!!!

amtalx
On 2007-11-16 08:26, Shiroryuu wrote:
How about this, use NEITHER. I have a Beast FF and he doesn't nanoblast at all, he's too badass to do that, he's just pure skill.

Good job?

KRKcl17
Finally, you can't heal during either one which has caused me trouble a number of times during boss fights (or when I forget to pop a mate before blasting) even though I use the defense blast.

If you've got a force with you, Nanoblast becomes an unstoppable wrecking machine though. Just my two cents >_>

Weeaboolits
Nov 16, 2007, 01:17 PM
I only used the invincible nanoblast, it seemed more useful, not that offline missions are long enough to charge it half the time.

Also my beast was a ranger, which probly didn't help. ;o

Kylie
Nov 16, 2007, 01:25 PM
To be honest, I never really use my nanoblast. The damage doesn't seem that cool in comparison with majarra and other insane hax skills. If I do nano, it's for the novelty.

Mystil
Nov 18, 2007, 03:29 PM
The only reason there should be to not nano blast is if you're using a badge other than power. Because you will out damage - defense, invincible and evasion, with PAs or normal attacks. Especially if you're a male.

DEM_CIG
Nov 18, 2007, 03:35 PM
I like SUV's r better just because when u use a SUV u dont take any damage.... and SUV's have a statis effect...

Raine_Loire
Nov 18, 2007, 03:38 PM
I love that special thing newmans do. You know, that thing that is equal to a nanoblast or SUV... oh, screw it, I've got nothing...

Sol_B4dguy
Nov 18, 2007, 03:38 PM
As far as JA'ing during nano, yes, you can do that. I don't feel gimped using the invincible badge anymore with it, and I imagine the speed one got a boost what with being able to JC more often. I still like SUV, though. Spreading SE's all over it a good thing in any situation. And as Zora pointed out, it's easier to do witty macros with them. (ROCK BUSTAH!)