PDA

View Full Version : They've fixed the censor system.....>:O [forewarning, uses s

Ryoki
Nov 16, 2007, 05:02 PM
I played this game for the hilarity value of me and my friends. And yes, that sometimes involved mild swearing. I'm sure most of the PC/PS2 players have seen

What
the
fuck?

at least once. And hell, it was funny. Guild wars has a filter that you can choose to turn off. Most PSU players I meet are adults. The youngest I've met? 14. And only once. My point is, if we are all adults, mostly, why not add a chat filter option? I'm very mad.
things like bite, bin, pms, damn, etc, still blocked. Fucking is still unblocked.

~ and (Alt+enter) no longer work.

I can't enjoy the update like this, not when Sega treats me as if I'm a child. the old ~ method was barely noticable, and worked fine. Don't like swearers? They're is a blist for that reason. And if that fails, i suggest the filter level option, from high,to medium, low, and then off.

If I can't say:
Damn, nice man

or things like

Lol, Fakis tryed to take a bite off you.

and of course, the ever funny

What
the
fuck?

bubble, I really see little reason to play as much if I have to change the way I talk.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-11-16 14:07 ]</font>

Kamiense
Nov 16, 2007, 05:04 PM
That's the most retarted reason to not play. EVER

Jaspaller
Nov 16, 2007, 05:05 PM
PSO's filter was much better. I hate this crap, I write a long message by control pad only to have it turn to garbage.

PALRAPPYS
k.

Or just use "/" like every 360 user.

Rashiid
Wow. It is rated T for teens. Don't think this game was geared towards adults.
If you are quitting for this reason: Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Ryoki
Nov 16, 2007, 05:07 PM
hehe, I love when I say I'm going to quit. Regardless, I'm angry, but I did it to see what people would say XD

Still, the rest of it is true. I am mad.

also,/ doesn't work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-11-16 14:08 ]</font>
Also, don't give me that T for Teens crap~, GW is rated T as well. And it has that option I explained.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-11-16 14:09 ]</font>

Mangekyou
Nov 16, 2007, 05:10 PM
On 2007-11-16 14:02, Ryoki wrote:
at least once. And hell, it was funny. Guild wars has a filter that you can choose to turn off. Most PSU players I meet are adults. The youngest I've met? 14. And only once. My point is, if we are all adults, mostly, why not add a chat filter option? I'm very mad.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-11-16 14:07 ]</font>

#1, So does Warcraft
#2, I'm 13 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryogen
Nov 16, 2007, 05:11 PM
So you can't say cuss words...why not find an alternative word and increase your vocab.

panzer_unit
Nov 16, 2007, 05:11 PM
On 2007-11-16 14:05, Rashiid wrote:

You're way out of touch with today's teenagers lol.

Ryoki
Nov 16, 2007, 05:15 PM
On 2007-11-16 14:11, Ryogen wrote:
So you can't say cuss words...why not find an alternative word and increase your vocab.

I understand that, but the loss of the aformentioned

What
the
fuck?

bubble, which has almost a following on my servers, is particularly annoying. Also, PSU just doesn't block swears, I mean, it blocks "bite" for Christ's sake.

Please, stop judging why I'm angry. I have a right, you know. You don't have to say my reasoning is "retarded", etc. I may swear, but I usually do it in ways that don't target people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-11-16 14:16 ]</font>

Zantra
On 2007-11-16 14:04, Kamiense wrote:
That's the most retarted reason to not play. EVER

AGREE'd

Mangekyou
On 2007-11-16 14:11, panzer_unit wrote:

Yeah. Kinda.
I so totally agree.
Yeah. kthxbai.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 16, 2007, 05:17 PM

Damn is a cuss word? Not in most houses, especially since the majority of people, in my experience I've played with, were adults anyway and rarely swore gratuitiously (unless very upset about something, like failing two Blackbulls in a row [true story]). Or 360 users just usually communicate by mic anyway. Darr, Sonic Team. :S

It simply needs to be an option like every other online RPG.

Ryoki
Nov 16, 2007, 05:20 PM
On 2007-11-16 14:17, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

Damn is a cuss word? Not in most houses, especially since the majority of people, in my experience I've played with, were adults anyway and rarely swore gratuitiously (unless very upset about something, like failing two Blackbulls in a row [true story]). Or 360 users just usually communicate by mic anyway. Darr, Sonic Team. :S

It simply needs to be an option like every other online RPG.

The same is true for Ventrilo. Sadly, I don't have this option, being on PS2 D:.

Honestly, I forget sometimes that posts are judges so friggen' harshly on this forum...:/

Rasputin
Nov 16, 2007, 05:24 PM
Don't forget pork. I'm assuming that's still blocked. As rarely as I say it, it still makes me angry.

drizzle
Nov 16, 2007, 05:26 PM
And 'fucking' still isn't censored http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mangekyou
Nov 16, 2007, 05:27 PM
Taking away cuss words is ridicules, ST is thinking about how like their other games are all E and they thought "Well maybe little kiddies who shouldn't hear 'words' are playing, so we'll just make it more family friendly. Next they'll take away all the even slightly exposing clothing. It'll be family safe, but everybody will quit. lol. Just kidding, nobody really needs to swear their heads off or say "What The Fuck" in little bubbles. Yheah..

Criss
Nov 16, 2007, 05:38 PM
I always said the censor system was retarded. And so far, everyone I know agreed.

How stupid can it be when it censors the french word for "god"? Really, I don't know what else "dieu" could mean that would be offensive.

Mangekyou
Nov 16, 2007, 05:40 PM
/
||
Thats a really good point.
I take french in school http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryoki
Nov 16, 2007, 05:42 PM
I was fine with the censor system until today. Now, it's unbypassable. The only reason people tryed to bypass it was it was the only way to say those words, without a filter option.

The2dCour
Nov 16, 2007, 05:44 PM
I interviewed one of the chat filter system designers and he said they chose to filter "shaved" because some of the teenagers that play this game don't have anything to shave yet and they could feel left out. Also "flap" is censored because most humans don't have wings and we'd all feel left out if De Ragan suddenly said "Flap flap flap flap" Just thought I'd share.

Rashiid
Nov 16, 2007, 05:46 PM

I'm talking about the 'economical' standard.
They would have to rate this game M if they allowed all of these words to be in the game.

I know teens these days are bad, hell most, if not all, of my friends smoke/drink/sex without protection like no other.

Mangekyou
Nov 16, 2007, 05:46 PM
right...

Ryoki
Nov 16, 2007, 05:49 PM
On 2007-11-16 14:46, Rashiid wrote:

I'm talking about the 'economical' standard.
They would have to rate this game M if they allowed all of these words to be in the game.

I know teens these days are bad, hell most, if not all, of my friends smoke/drink/sex without protection like no other.

That's the point of a filter option! Obviously, as you've seen, most other games have it, and if you change it, you can hear those words!

Obviously, the rating serves no meaning to that in any way!

Notice Nintendo often says "Game experience may change during online play". That's there for a reason. They aren't responsible for what you hear.

I myself don't do drugs, smoke, or drink, yet, I am still peeved at the loss of free speech. And yes, other games have free speech. (FILTER OPTION!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-11-16 14:50 ]</font>

elshagan
Nov 16, 2007, 05:50 PM
ST really fucked this one up since sometime i talk swedish with some *not always to be noted* but still it filters out... or used to filter out... fick=got , snyggt=nice. i could continue the list of swedish words being filtered for centuires

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 16, 2007, 05:52 PM
Solution: Double the last letter of the word.

Problem: Solved.

Rashiid
Nov 16, 2007, 05:52 PM
I don't know of any other game that has typing.
And 'Game experience may change during online play.' means the gameplay, like say offline in Saints Row, you can kick down doors and such. Online you can not do that.

Mangekyou
Nov 16, 2007, 05:53 PM
NAO LISTEN! they invented leet for a reason

KRKcl17
Nov 16, 2007, 05:54 PM
Problem: You look retarded when you type like that. (With double letters I mean)

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 16, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-11-16 14:54, KRKcl17 wrote:
Problem: You look retarded when you type like that. (With double letters I mean)

Problem: It's your's, not mine. I rarely use curse words anyways, but I noticed it this morning when I tried to say "damn~".

Mangekyou
Nov 16, 2007, 05:57 PM
Solution: oh crap there's no leet for fuck.

Problem: there's no leet for fuck

Solution for the problem with the solution: Don't try to say fuck?

Rashiid
Nov 16, 2007, 05:59 PM
Is there ever a need to curse on this game anyway?

Ryoki
Nov 16, 2007, 06:00 PM
On 2007-11-16 14:59, Rashiid wrote:
Is there ever a need to curse on this game anyway?

My god, you haven't read any of my posts >.>

Not being able to say bite is retarded. Hands down.

Mangekyou
Nov 16, 2007, 06:02 PM
Ill give you that :/

Yoshi_Ayarane
Nov 16, 2007, 06:06 PM
Two problems with the filter:

1) it blocks a lot of harmless, legitimate words
2) You can't turn it off

It's a hassle to have to find workarounds just for normal communication. Who the smoo cares if you swear, anyway? We really need to be able to turn that silly filter off. -.-

Have these devs never played Xbox Live... or basically any MMO other than PSU? A great deal of the "teens" that these T-rated games are marketed to have much filthier mouths than they realize. >.> Not to mention there are already parts of this game that borderline on M territory... I'm looking at you, bikini swimsuits!

Kinako78
Nov 16, 2007, 06:06 PM
On 2007-11-16 14:05, Jaspaller wrote:
PSO's filter was much better. I hate this crap, I write a long message by control pad only to have it turn to garbage.

I'd have to disagree. At least on PSU, my typing "saturday" doesn't end up looking like "sa&$%#ay"

Mangekyou
Nov 16, 2007, 06:08 PM
hehe, directly from a teen, thats so totally true. I think the bikini swimsuits are worse then any swear word anyone could say

Siertes
Nov 16, 2007, 06:09 PM
It took me no more than two minutes to find a new loophole in the filter. Not that I need to curse often, but it's nice to know, especially for those words that don't really need filtering.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 16, 2007, 06:12 PM
PSU would not be rated M just because people swear online. FFXI is rated T and people can cuss all they want without anybody caring, including the GMs (unless it's harassment). Who really cares if somebody swears? I don't cuss, but you won't ever see me tell my friends in real life or in a game to stop using it (unless it's every other word). It's not a big deal; the censoring system is, however.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 16, 2007, 06:16 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:06, Yoshi_Ayarane wrote:

2) You can't turn it off

It's a hassle to have to find workarounds just for normal communication. Who the smoo cares if you swear, anyway? We really need to be able to turn that silly filter off. -.-

Have these devs never played Xbox Live... or basically any MMO other than PSU? A great deal of the "teens" that these T-rated games are marketed to have much filthier mouths than they realize. >.> Not to mention there are already parts of this game that borderline on M territory... I'm looking at you, bikini swimsuits!

I don't understand how a swimsuit is M-rated material... so, when you go to a public pool and see a woman in a bathing suit, you tell the children not to look? Yeah, it's the girl's fault for having that body. Shame on her for showing it off! It's not like any naughty bits are showing. Jeez. Nothing wrong with bikinis/10.

F-Gattaca
Nov 16, 2007, 06:18 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:06, Yoshi_Ayarane wrote:

2) You can't turn it off

Well, as a few people already said, the problem is that the swear filter is attempting to cover multiple languages and profane slang in them, so it's not a question of "are the words harmless" but "what language or slang thereof gave the word an offensive meaning."

It makes sense to the British to have words like "poof" and "toss" censored, but for Americans we're left scratching our heads.

The swear filters are not sophisticated enough (and might never be) to understand the context and intent behind profane language, and besides that, someone who really wants to mouth off to another person will find a way around the filter if they want to.

If I were the designer of a MMO, I'd make it so that the swear filter is customizable to the user, with saveable settings that can be recalled for later ... just like with controller configurations in all sorts of games.

Don't want anything filtered? Turn it off completely. Otherwise, pick which words you want filtered, and opt to block out those words or have the filter replace them with a different word.

The more pressing issue is that characters in Story Mode use profane speech that is now censored (or was originally censored).

Jaspaller
Nov 16, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:06, Kinako78 wrote:

I'd have to disagree. At least on PSU, my typing "saturday" doesn't end up looking like "sa&$%#ay"

More power to you. Finding out which word is the problem and how to get around it was much easier back then.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 16, 2007, 06:21 PM
@F-Gattaca: Yes, it does censor words from many languages, yet not one bad word or phrase from Japanese is censored. Neither was it on PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2007-11-16 15:23 ]</font>

Rashiid
Nov 16, 2007, 06:21 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:08, Mangekyou wrote:
hehe, directly from a teen, thats so totally true. I think the bikini swimsuits are worse then any swear word anyone could say

Thats how the Japanese are, the exposing of skin is nothing to them.

Even the most childish shows in Japan have half-naked characters.
But cursing is a different matter.

Kinako78
Nov 16, 2007, 06:23 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:19, Jaspaller wrote:

On 2007-11-16 15:06, Kinako78 wrote:

More power to you. Finding out which word is the problem and how to get around it was much easier back then.

Ok, I guess you have a point there.

Soukosa
Nov 16, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:21, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
@F-Gattaca: Yes, it does censor words from many languages, yet not one bad word or phrase from Japanese is censored. Neither was it on PSO.

Actually this is one word that is censored in Japanese. A very profane word that few would actually use anyways.

On 2007-11-16 15:21, Rashiid wrote:
Thats how the Japanese are, the exposing of skin is nothing to them.

Even the most childish shows in Japan have half-naked characters.
But cursing is a different matter.

East Asian cultures in general have a much different view in regards to sexuality and what not, which leads them to not be bothered with such. As opposed to western cultures where they've been highly influenced by christianity that tends to view that stuff as a the creation of satan or whatever. Same could be said about use of language. Funny how society is so over protective of children over here but in east Asia, its the opposite and there's generally far less violence (not all countries there are like that, for obvious reasons) than over here.

omegapirate2k
Nov 16, 2007, 06:55 PM
I generally swear for comical effect, the people I play with are mature enough to realize that. It also helps that I have voice chat on 360 to balance out the shitty filter, which really only pisses me off when I try to make macros and typing up simple mail.

Kylie
Nov 16, 2007, 06:56 PM
ST needs to give us the option to turn the filter off. I don't mind not being able to curse as much because I find it tacky to swear a lot anyways, but the problem is the filter is so absurd... But I did notice that SOME of the words that didn't need to be blocked were unblocked like "under 18," but some words are still blocked like "poop." >_>

F-Gattaca
Nov 16, 2007, 07:23 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:35, Soukosa wrote:
As opposed to western cultures where they've been highly influenced by christianity that tends to view that stuff as a the creation of satan or whatever.

http://www.adultimum.net/studio/images/karmaheadbang.gif

Soukosa, you're a person who is strongly into fact finding and research. Getting the information right, as it were. To see you make a statement like this is really dissapointing.

On 2007-11-16 15:55, omegapirate2k wrote:
I generally swear for comical effect, the people I play with are mature enough to realize that. It also helps that I have voice chat on 360 to balance out the shitty filter, which really only pisses me off when I try to make macros and typing up simple mail.

That's anothe thing, now that you mention it ...

Since PSU's font isn't monospaced (nor does it have any kind of word wrap), words that get swear filtered can really drop words and whole lines of text into oblivion.

That gets really annoying given the right circumstances, especially since I've habitually learned to linebreak with alt+enter in order for my text to appear word wrapped ... can't stand having a word split between two lines.

Puppet_Papaya
Nov 16, 2007, 07:36 PM
PSO's filter was much better.
Ummm, SaturdY, basement, shoes...frightened...???

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 16, 2007, 07:36 PM
what's absurd it when you have something like
"....shouldn't it?"
and it filters the "t it"

or things like sd, coolie, etc. being censored

THE JACKEL

F-Gattaca
Nov 16, 2007, 07:38 PM
On 2007-11-16 16:36, Puppet_Papaya wrote:

Frightened was censored?

Huh. What caused that? Frig?

Roka
Nov 16, 2007, 07:45 PM
has anyone tryed @ at the start of your text and then use ~ (i think thats it, on my laptop) next to the word you want to be uncensered like for example= @ Help~. But put a space between @ and your text because it will do text actions like the thought bubble.

Inazuma
Nov 16, 2007, 07:51 PM
On 2007-11-16 16:36, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
"....shouldn't it?"

THE JACKEL

coolie means ass in greek http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif its one of the few greek words i know, despite being greek myself.

PALRAPPYS
Nov 16, 2007, 08:22 PM
On 2007-11-16 16:23, F-Gattaca wrote:

On 2007-11-16 15:35, Soukosa wrote:
As opposed to western cultures where they've been highly influenced by christianity that tends to view that stuff as a the creation of satan or whatever.

http://www.adultimum.net/studio/images/karmaheadbang.gif

Soukosa, you're a person who is strongly into fact finding and research. Getting the information right, as it were. To see you make a statement like this is really dissapointing.

Although it may sound weird, the statement is strongly possible.

The areas where it is viewed more "wrong" are the areas that were influenced by Christianity. The areas where it didn't spread, tend to view it much more lieniently.

As I've studied World History, Christianity has spread in the Western Areas much more than the Eastern.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 16, 2007, 09:01 PM
I still find it ridiculous people here can possibly think a bikini is sexual or "mature"-oriented. Does... not... compute!

Yoshi_Ayarane
Nov 16, 2007, 09:13 PM
On 2007-11-16 18:01, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
I still find it ridiculous people here can possibly think a bikini is sexual or "mature"-oriented. Does... not... compute!

Oh, despite my earlier post, I personally don't. I mentioned it because I thought it was absurd how the devs consider swearing "OMFG!!!"-level objectionable and go through all the trouble to put in filters, yet they don't bat an eye when it comes to putting in "revealing" clothes. (But the reverse would be absurd as well.)

mizukage
Nov 16, 2007, 09:40 PM
On the issue of the language filter system, I believe it is still in the beta testing stage, if not also known as in-development. Generally, the filter system applied to PSU online is put into test and through feedbacks and complaints, the developing crew will probably trying to fix or update things whereas appropriate.

Personally, I find it much more ridiculous that PSU players find it necessary to use inappropriate language when the objective of the game itself is to have fun and enjoy. However, each and every individual may have a different view or opinion on this matter and so, I will not bother with it.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 16, 2007, 09:43 PM
Sega's been using a beta stage for the censor system for too long, then. It's been almost seven years since PSO.

Puppet_Papaya
Nov 16, 2007, 09:48 PM
On 2007-11-16 16:38, F-Gattaca wrote:

Frightened was censored?

Huh. What caused that? Frig?

That's the one word that me and my team of scientists were never able to figure out. No matter how many beakers or bunson burner's we applied.

Jaspaller
Nov 16, 2007, 10:05 PM

you didn't even read my other response. As I said, PSO's filter was much better since it didn't decide to turn your WHOLE message to crap.

Syl
Nov 16, 2007, 10:09 PM
On 2007-11-16 16:45, Roka wrote:
has anyone tryed @ at the start of your text and then use ~ (i think thats it, on my laptop) next to the word you want to be uncensered like for example= @ Help~. But put a space between @ and your text because it will do text actions like the thought bubble.

Nope

The only way I know works is using an alt+number (using the weird symbols) at the end of a word.

PSU_Castor
Nov 16, 2007, 10:14 PM
Well, at least we can say shoes...

On 360 I agree that this can be annoying; random words that make no sense end up flubbing the entire chat bubble. On PC/PS2, I admit I won't miss seeing people spamming "What the f***?" in the more crowded areas. Complaining because you can't say f*** in PSU is the same as complaining because saying f*** in public is something society doesn't generally approve of. It's just a matter of what is and is not acceptable.

With friends, eh, say what you want would be my vote. There are still easy ways for them to understand which word you mean without saying it verbatim.

ZeroSoldier
Nov 17, 2007, 05:15 AM
All these work if you want to try and get some frustration out.

Cockmonster
MegaAsshat
flipperpenis
Dickimus Maximus
whoremonger
Analleakage
Boobies
Bewbs
nymphomaniac

Iduno
Nov 17, 2007, 05:36 AM
I just wish that non swears wern't censored so frequently >:(

Dragwind
Nov 17, 2007, 06:21 AM
Just type the swear word differently. Like- instead of FUCK, type FCUK!

RemiusTA
Nov 17, 2007, 06:44 AM
OH NOES I CANT CURSE ANYMORE I QUIT

seriously?

Feelmirath
Nov 17, 2007, 06:48 AM
On 2007-11-16 16:51, Inazuma wrote:

On 2007-11-16 16:36, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
"....shouldn't it?"

THE JACKEL

coolie means ass in greek http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif its one of the few greek words i know, despite being greek myself.

ROFL, that means my old Greek teacher's surname is "ass" XD

Callous
Nov 17, 2007, 08:38 AM
Just be happy you're not playing on the 360, then.

The filter there censors not only the word, but everything you wrote. And that includes you using such profanities as "help" or "problem". Can't have the children exposed to such paganism!

What
The
Fuck?

Schubalts
Nov 17, 2007, 09:06 AM
On 2007-11-17 05:38, Callous wrote:

The filter there censors not only the word, but everything you wrote. And that includes you using such profanities as "help" or "problem". Can't have the children exposed to such paganism!

What
The
Fuck?

Paganism? Put the crack down, son.

ErtaiClou
Nov 17, 2007, 12:47 PM
"Nice job guys, we shaved off few minutes that run-" Nope, denied.

BeastlyMike
Nov 17, 2007, 03:10 PM

What
The
Fuck?

Hahaha Is this guy Knobby or what? Ever heard of a mic? You can say what ever you want. If im not mistaken the bulk of the U.S. community is on XBOX 360!

Ryoki
Nov 17, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-11-17 12:10, BeastlyMike wrote:

What
The
Fuck?

Hahaha Is this guy Knobby or what? Ever heard of a mic? You can say what ever you want. If im not mistaken the bulk of the U.S. community is on XBOX 360!

NOT EVERYONE CAN USE A MIKE.

Seriously! Who cares if the bulk is on 360.

I can ONLY use a keyboard. Nothing more. And I know many people who play on PS2 like me, or PC and don't use ventrilo. And as far as I remember, this is about the chat filter being altered! Not about mics.

Please, don't mention them again. We know you can say whatever you want on them. No more mention is needed.

And as I stated before, DO NOT POST things about "OH NOES YOU CANT CURSE", etc. I've already stated that the problem goes deeper, and it contributes NOTHING of importance to the topic other than starting a flame war. So please, don't do it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-11-17 12:18 ]</font>

BeastlyMike
Nov 17, 2007, 03:21 PM
On 2007-11-17 12:16, Ryoki wrote:

On 2007-11-17 12:10, BeastlyMike wrote:

What
The
Fuck?

NOT EVERYONE CAN USE A MIC.

Seriously! Who cares if the bulk is on 360.

I can ONLY use a keyboard. Nothing more. And I know many people who play on PS2 like me, or PC and don't use ventrilo. And as far as I remember, this is about the chat filter being altered! Not about mics.

Please, don't mention them again. We know you can say whatever you want on them. No more mention is needed.

Then don't say this "Just be happy you're not playing on the 360, then." 360 is Gross BTW. Hey let me ask you a question. What is your OS on your computer?

CherryLunar
Nov 17, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-11-17 02:15, ZeroSoldier wrote:
All these work if you want to try and get some frustration out.

Cockmonster
MegaAsshat
flipperpenis
Dickimus Maximus
whoremonger
Analleakage
Boobies
Bewbs
nymphomaniac

Let me add the word Dumbshit to your list. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also, PM's (with an apostrophe) is censored...

PMB960
Nov 17, 2007, 03:39 PM
Holy Crap, Warning +1 :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2007-11-18 17:51 ]</font>

Fatima
Nov 17, 2007, 03:42 PM
I rather enjoy typing the word Bingo with spaces between each letter to see it censored...yet...I have asked around..and haven't found anyone who knows why the word "Bin" is censored. The "shouldn't it" thing is highly annoying, especially if you're trying to communicate with someone who doesn't speak english very well, and all that stupid random censoring just makes things difficult.
"PMs" is freaking stupid...since it is a part of the game termonology, and yet they censor it, however, the word Menstration is not censored....WTF?! PMS is just when women get crabby before that time of month...not the thing itself...silly japanese...

AND O MAh FREAKING GAWD GET THAT PICTURE OFF THIS THREAD, NOW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fatima on 2007-11-17 12:43 ]</font>

Zer0_ConvoY
Nov 17, 2007, 03:45 PM
BECAUSE TERROR IS WRONG AND STUPID AMERICANS THINK BIN LADEN IS A CUS WORD AND GRATS TO BILLY AND HIS ARTISTRY!

Raine_Loire
Nov 17, 2007, 03:47 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:16, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
I don't understand how a swimsuit is M-rated material... so, when you go to a public pool and see a woman in a bathing suit, you tell the children not to look? Yeah, it's the girl's fault for having that body. Shame on her for showing it off! It's not like any naughty bits are showing. Jeez. Nothing wrong with bikinis/10.

Well, when it's a guy PRETENDING to be a girl in a swimsuit... then I'd tell my 5 year old to look away...

Anyway, my biggest problem with the filter system is that they censor words that they USE for items in the game. I don't know if that has been fixed, or will be- Laguna's 360 got the E 74, so he's commandeered mine for the next few weeks til his comes back from Microsoft. So you'll have to tell me if I still have to go around the censors to list my vahra nails when I sell them? Hate getting that big ad box full of garbage after the painstaking process of using the on screen keyboard.

Personally, I feel chat censors are counter productive in the 360 version for 2 reasons.

1) people mic chat in parties and in their rooms, so if you got an M rating for what people MIGHT say online, PSU would have it already!

2) people find ways around it anyway. It does no good.

OMG REMOVE PICTURE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2007-11-17 12:49 ]</font>

KRKcl17
Nov 17, 2007, 03:48 PM
I see the banhammer approaching.
I'd get rid of that picture, fast.

Psycho_Sonic
Nov 17, 2007, 03:58 PM
THE GOGGLEZ THEY DO NOTHING!!!

Raine_Loire
Nov 17, 2007, 03:59 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:55, omegapirate2k wrote:
I generally swear for comical effect, the people I play with are mature enough to realize that.

Oxymoron? People mature enough to realize swearing is funny?

I rarely find adults (mental adults, not people who are over 18) that feel such a need to swear that they would get angry over not being allowed to...

Well, except rednecks. They love to swear. No joke. When I worked as a manager of a Target in GA, I had to ask countless rednecks to please refrain from using that kind of language in the store.

I talk to people about language in my parties, too. Which usually means telling Laguna not to say assclown about EVERYONE. I guess I'm just not mature enough to find the swearing funny. YAWN...

Noblewine
Nov 17, 2007, 04:01 PM
If it's a problem then just play as your normally would. However if swearing is the only way you can enjoy the game, then I suggest ya start learning leet or just misspell words so its translated normally and not sensored.