PDA

View Full Version : PSU: So how do we beat the filter now? :(

Kietrinia
Nov 16, 2007, 06:57 PM
This big patch took out all the methods we use to get around the chat filter. Has anyone been able to find any other symbols to beat it?

People can hardly understand a thing I'm saying now, and I don't even understand half the things it cuts out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Chuck_Norris
Nov 16, 2007, 06:59 PM
When saying "Crap" you could replace the "C" with a "K". When saying "Damn" You could take the "N" out. You could also just try speeking 1337. But that doesn't always work.

Anduril
Nov 16, 2007, 07:08 PM
Spell profanities Backward! (not sure if that works, I'm going to have to go check that out later...)

Chuck_Norris
Nov 16, 2007, 07:10 PM
Last i checked, it doesn't.

Rashiid
Nov 16, 2007, 07:12 PM
Guess I actually have to use my mic now....

Roka
Nov 16, 2007, 07:22 PM
does @ still work?

Kietrinia
Nov 16, 2007, 07:27 PM
The common "false positives" like "isn't it" and "..put a thing..." are really getting on my nerves. They even expanded the list by a few words. x.x

Siertes
Nov 16, 2007, 07:29 PM
Just wait a few days and I'm sure the method will be widely known. Patience...

Miyoko
Nov 16, 2007, 07:58 PM
Screwed is no longer censored. To get past them now, well... It's a secret, but still entirely possible! >.>

Broodstar1337
Nov 16, 2007, 08:03 PM
Sonic Team let a real winner handle the profanity filter in this game...

PALRAPPYS
Nov 16, 2007, 08:07 PM
Does / still work? Please say it does... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 16, 2007, 08:12 PM
On 2007-11-16 17:07, PALRAPPYS wrote:
Does / still work? Please say it does... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nope.

For those that really want to cuss, try this...

[spoiler-box]Placing "*" (stars) over certain letters.
For example F**k. Though, that's the only way you would be able to get pass it for now. You can't use things like Fu*k or Sh*t though.[/spoiler-box]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-11-16 17:16 ]</font>

ilovetypemoon
Nov 16, 2007, 08:13 PM
It's been said in the previous thread. Just double type the last letter i.e. damn = damnn, fuck = fuckk, shit = shitt, fucking = ... oh, yeah.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Nov 16, 2007, 08:18 PM
haha, oh wow, they blocked sht.... I just noticed that.

Egg99
Nov 16, 2007, 09:27 PM
This is something I don't understand.

Phantasy Star in some form of online variation has been around for what, seven years now? Eight? And throughout that entire time, over the course of five games (soon to be six), they have STILL yet to hire a single competent employee who can handle a chat filter. How in the shit do you manage that?

I can understand a few bad translations (well, more than few >.>), but if you've had EIGHT YEARS to perfect a bloody chat filter, how hard can it possibly be? I mean honestly, how fucking retarded do you have to be to program the game to filter the word "bite", but not "Holy whorebags Batman! It's a fucking fuckfest in here!"??

It's like they put a big sign on their front window that said, "HELP WANTED: ILLITERATE FOREIGNERS WHO HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF BASIC ENGLISH TO HELP PROGRAM AN ENGLISH CHAT FILTER. APPLY WITHIN."

pikachief
Nov 16, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:57, Kietrinia wrote:
How do we beat the filter now? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

With a big stick.

Syl
Nov 16, 2007, 09:31 PM
Adding unicode symbols (such as ♣ and ☼ [alt + number]) at the end works.

But for some reason I can't input them on my game -.-

McLaughlin
Nov 16, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-11-16 18:27, Egg99 wrote:
This is something I don't understand.

Phantasy Star in some form of online variation has been around for what, seven years now? Eight? And throughout that entire time, over the course of five games (soon to be six), they have STILL yet to hire a single competent employee who can handle a chat filter. How in the shit do you manage that?

I can understand a few bad translations (well, more than few >.>), but if you've had EIGHT YEARS to perfect a bloody chat filter, how hard can it possibly be? I mean honestly, how fucking retarded do you have to be to program the game to filter the word "bite", but not "Holy whorebags Batman! It's a fucking fuckfest in here!"??

It's like they put a big sign on their front window that said, "HELP WANTED: ILLITERATE FOREIGNERS WHO HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF BASIC ENGLISH TO HELP PROGRAM AN ENGLISH CHAT FILTER. APPLY WITHIN."

ABILITY TO WRITE NOT REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION.

Elley
Nov 16, 2007, 10:45 PM
It's Sonic Team. Not only do they NOT care about their games, but they're grossly incompetent on top of that. Mix that with their bias against the 360 and you have a winner for one of the worst developers in recent memory.

Elley
Nov 16, 2007, 10:46 PM
On 2007-11-16 19:45, Elley wrote:
It's Sonic Team. Not only do they NOT care about their games, but they're grossly incompetent on top of that. Mix that with their bias against the 360 because it's "American" and you have a winner for one of the worst developers in recent memory.

THERAPIST
Nov 16, 2007, 11:27 PM
On 2007-11-16 16:27, Kietrinia wrote:
The common "false positives" like "isn't it" and "..put a thing..." are really getting on my nerves. They even expanded the list by a few words. x.x

isn't it = isn'@ #!
isnt it = isnt it

Go figure

Starrz
Nov 16, 2007, 11:55 PM
Express yourself in another way rather than using profanity.

Sgt_Shligger
Nov 16, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-11-16 20:55, Starrz wrote:

You're missing the point. Some of us want to swear and curse. Some of us want to be able to say "isn't it" without getting "isn'# $%."

Sekani
Nov 17, 2007, 12:02 AM
On 2007-11-16 20:55, Starrz wrote:

Profanity isn't the problem. The @%!$%$!-ing of basic English words that are almost required to effectively communicate with other players is the problem.

Egg99
Nov 17, 2007, 12:21 AM
On 2007-11-16 20:27, THERAPIST wrote:

isn't it = isn'@ #!
isnt it = isnt it

Go figure

So now they're trying to promote illiteracy? Figures.

And express ourselves in a way that doesn't include profanity? That might be the dumbest thing I've read all month.

AzureBlaze
Nov 17, 2007, 01:03 AM
I'm with Egg99 on this one.
HOW can they still be THIS BAD at it? And esp with a game that can change 'on the fly' with whatever patches etc unlike the other pso's cant they just take stupid 15 mins and patch the filter?

I totally fail to see how it's too much trouble to get 1 english speaking person in "America" Sega of America to just look over it for 5 seconds and take out the BS that is turning non-swears into swears.

Don't forget we've faced down "Hell" weapons, the mystery of the "Marcia" mag and the "Ice Staff Dagon" which aren't swears but official names you couldn't even say. I mean duh "PMs" yes it's also PMS but please, that's not a swear anyway its an unfortunate natural condition and no one's ever gonna use it in that context.

What about Cola, Refrigerator, Basement, Bomberman Good, Pork, Sporks, Shoes, ho ho ho, and saturday? Those BETTER not be back on the list. I still spell "Saturday as Satahday" in avoidance due to that.

Losing "Put a" and any of the apostrophe'd words is kinda worse though because you dont think them up as such. I'm no swear maniac but I will say 'damm' sometimes or 'hella whatever' so it is really the ordinary things that become curses that bother me the most. Still, it looks like it's time to say "Damm they're on Krack" once more with this filter.

Hokokaru
Nov 17, 2007, 01:15 AM
Try selling a Fuka misaki XD they @#! the names of weps apparently

XDeathX
Nov 17, 2007, 01:51 AM
Sega is getting more dence by the months.....

CelestialBlade
Nov 17, 2007, 02:07 AM
Why do people still think one combination of letters is any worse than another, again?

Also in before OMG SEGA VIOLATED MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH RIGHTS.

Shishi-O
Nov 17, 2007, 04:22 AM
they swearers turn on mic and curse...lol

pikachief
Nov 17, 2007, 04:34 AM
shhh! dont tell microsoft! they might censor our words through the mic too! D:

SLY_J
Nov 17, 2007, 05:41 AM
Three problems with the PSU Language Filter:
1. It's Hypocritical – Plenty of characters in the online story missions use curse words. The word, “damn,” appeared at least once on over half of the missions. Heaven forbid that anyone violate the virgin ears of a younger gamer! Except, of course, if an NPC does it. Then it’s OK.
2. It’s Flawed – Isn’@ $% obvious?
3. It’s Futile – Oh Darn! I really want to tell this guy in our party that I think he’s a s**t-eating b*****d for running out of Scape Dolls, but if type that in it will get filtered! Whatever shall I do? If only there were some way I could chat with my voice! [/sarcasm]

The worst part is that this problem is so easy to fix! All you have to do is add a setting under the options menu (under the “System” tab in the in-game menu) that allows us to specify whether or not we want to enable the chat filter. That’s it! That’s all you have to do! Sega, how could you not have thought of this at least once in the past half of a decade?! There’s no excuse for this!

Winter_of_uno
Nov 17, 2007, 09:06 AM
Can't even type Twin Penetrate, an official Ult PA. Is k k k still blocked? And nothing happens when typing KuKluxKlan? Yeah, right.
Sega always hated linguists, language and QA.

UrmaBS
Nov 17, 2007, 09:44 AM
too bad there is no chatt filter option in the PC/Ps2 version....damn chat filter >.<

Atasque
Nov 17, 2007, 10:50 AM
No swearing at all in game?

SWEET!!!

Weeaboolits
Nov 17, 2007, 11:02 AM
I remember PSO's filter pissed me off, I wanted to name my HUcast AceOfSpade, but couldn't because the filter said "spade" was vulgar. Also, I said spicey once, but it came out as @#$%ey. ._.

LP_Phoenix
Nov 17, 2007, 11:15 AM
its very funny everytime , when we find a new word that is censored....
a lot of german words u cant use...
u cant say: "i am" in german, cause this am is bin in the german language.... and sega associate bin laden....did anyone try to say some terroristic words or something like that....
some other word i found out:
sd (wanna say sd card....doesnt work, idk why)
spas (another german word...without the 2nd s, spass like fun)
and 100 other words..... i dont know what sega was thinking when they discuse a list of the censored words....
take a dictionary and put the finger on a random page.....that is gonna be censored ....>.<

Sinue_v2
Nov 17, 2007, 11:34 AM
Remember people, Phantasy Star Universe - from it's cutesy shallow "Believe it" anime atmosphere and storyline to it's word filter is a CHILDRENS game. Sonic Team doesn't know how to make anything else. They refuse to allow the series to grow with it's audience. So even if someone competent was in charge of the chat filter, I wouldn't expect it to be much more liberal with the language than it already is.

ErtaiClou
Nov 17, 2007, 11:55 AM
On 2007-11-17 02:41, SLY_J wrote:
Three problems with the PSU Language Filter:
1. It's Hypocritical – Plenty of characters in the online story missions use curse words. The word, “damn,” appeared at least once on over half of the missions. Heaven forbid that anyone violate the virgin ears of a younger gamer! Except, of course, if an NPC does it. Then it’s OK.

Yes, we get to hear Laia say "butt" all mission as if we want to but when it comes to us, noooo, the gamers have no sense of responsibility. Yeah, believe it, :/

Weeaboolits
Nov 17, 2007, 12:52 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/VanGarrett/PSO-Cussing-Soldier.jpg

bloodflowers
Nov 17, 2007, 12:52 PM
So on the PC now, does:

@ this is shit

result in: #$%&#$%&#$%&

or: this is #$%&

For the 360, we currently get the second result, without the @ symbol nearly every sentence possible in the english language results in a solid block of #$%& symbols. I kind of thought the @ symbol was actually making the filter work as designed rather than bypassing it. What are you getting on the PC rev now from the above test?

Kylie
Nov 17, 2007, 01:09 PM
My friend suggested we treat "i" as silent, which is a stupid idea. Of course, I've been doing it just to tick him off. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Flwl3ssCowboy
Nov 17, 2007, 02:11 PM
's he an 'd'ot? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryoki
Nov 17, 2007, 03:11 PM
If I hear one more person suggest using the mic, I will kill them. NOT everyone plays on PC or 360, you friggen know..

pikachief
Nov 17, 2007, 03:14 PM
On 2007-11-17 12:11, Ryoki wrote:
If I hear one more person suggest using the mic, I will kill them. NOT everyone plays on PC or 360, you friggen know..

then get one and use a mic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

jk XD

ShinMaruku
Nov 17, 2007, 03:17 PM
ST must die.

pikachief
Nov 17, 2007, 03:18 PM
u beeet teh filtar bii uzin nuun engrisshhh wardz

Ryoki
Nov 17, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-11-17 12:17, ShinMaruku wrote:
ST must die.

@$%! yeah!

@$%! JYOO FILTER!!! NUUUU!!!

_Vyser_
Nov 17, 2007, 03:24 PM
On 2007-11-17 12:11, Ryoki wrote:

Wait...are you suggesting PC users can use the mic? <_<

bloodflowers
Nov 17, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-11-17 09:52, bloodflowers wrote:
So on the PC now, does:

@ this is shit

result in: #$%&#$%&#$%&

or: this is #$%&

For the 360, we currently get the second result, without the @ symbol nearly every sentence possible in the english language results in a solid block of #$%& symbols. I kind of thought the @ symbol was actually making the filter work as designed rather than bypassing it. What are you getting on the PC rev now from the above test?

So umm - anyone? What happens now on the PC with the above test?

Noblewine
Nov 17, 2007, 04:59 PM
Just use learn to use leet or misspell a word, that always works http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Also if you use a lower case letter it sometimes won't catch it like when you say D4Mn.

Yoshi_Ayarane
Nov 17, 2007, 05:37 PM
On 2007-11-17 13:59, Noblewine wrote:
Just use learn to use leet or misspell a word, that always works :D
Also if you use a lower case letter it sometimes won't catch it like when you say D4Mn.

What about those of us who don't want to come off as a fool with no knowledge of the English language? >.< l33t gives me a headache to decipher, and I can't stand all the lolspeak flying around. Blech!

Both the censor and the measures we have to take to get around it accomplish the same thing: they make normal communication a chore. Considering how team play seems to be a big deal, impeding basic text chat with a flawed and untoggleable censor is REALLY REALLY BAD.

At this rate, I'll probably just switch to using my TeamSpeak server exclusively. This text chat business is getting ridiculous. -.-

PsNiBe
Dec 6, 2007, 12:37 AM
On 2007-11-17 09:52, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/VanGarrett/PSO-Cussing-Soldier.jpg

oh man, i loved hackin' pso to make the NPC's say shit like that. so much pointless, time-wasting fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PsNiBe on 2007-12-05 21:40 ]</font>

Carlo210
Dec 6, 2007, 01:02 AM
Just use a letter 3 times. Like fucccck or shhhhhhit

or motherfucccccccker
or seeexxxxxx
or ballllssss
or beeeeaastiality

EDIT: Congrats, you just scored yourself a warning for that. Let's try to keep in mind, also, besides that word, this is a PG-13 forum as much as possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-12-05 22:07 ]</font>

tirith
Dec 6, 2007, 01:18 AM
i found if you merge words together the pc filter doesn't mess with em

PsNiBe
Dec 6, 2007, 01:23 AM
On 2007-12-05 22:02, Carlo210 wrote:
Just use a letter 3 times. Like fucccck or shhhhhhit

or motherfucccccccker
or seeexxxxxx
or ballllssss
or beeeeaastiality

EDIT: Congrats, you just scored yourself a warning for that. Let's try to keep in mind, also, besides that word, this is a PG-13 forum as much as possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-12-05 22:07 ]</font>

hold on, what? that guy just got a warning when the whole time people have been saying things like that in this thread? did you even read what this thread was about? are you gonna give me a warning for quoting him? are you drunk with power?

Hokokaru
Dec 6, 2007, 01:27 AM
Ok a lil something i discovered on the 360 lol if youve seen me youve prolly seen me shout all the swear words with no slahes or whatever... what i do is i add the "@c" or "@s" things so i can say words like fucking, dammit godamned and so forth with the other words.....

PsNiBe
Dec 6, 2007, 01:29 AM
just for that, i'm going to let everyone in on a little secret, which is actually not that secret, because it is on PSUpedia. in fact, i think someone already somewhat referenced it on this thread, but i will make it more obvious.

just type "@ " before whatever you want to say. it doesn't always work, but you can end up saying things like "SHITFUCKER". go ahead and warn me for that, Getintothegame, i don't care. you'll just lose yourself and PSO-World about 50 respect points for each person that reads this thread, and in the end all you will have done is alienated some of your once loyal fans. "Congrats!"

PsNiBe
Dec 6, 2007, 01:31 AM
oh whoops, little late with that (non)secret.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 6, 2007, 01:57 AM
One method I've taken to doing is letting the complete lack of word wrap take care of it. For example..

Get on back to
Ragol and eat
shit and die!

In this case, "eatshit" was typed but it LOOKS like "eat shit".

Also, silly compound swears like "shitfucker" are NOT in the filter...at least, on the PC/PS2.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 6, 2007, 01:59 AM
Adding letters works, like:

Fucks this shits cause it fucking sucks asss, bastards dragon (What I feel with White Beast and Drops right now XD)

GenesisDX
Dec 6, 2007, 06:14 AM
I just replace "i" with "y". i.e. Shyt & Bytch. Actually thats been my method the entire time I've been playing PSU. So it kinda pisses me off when I'm not tryin to swear and my sentence ends up looking like :
"Hi &#^#&!$!$*&@$*!, do you?

Fix ya cesnors guys, either that or &$# ! <--(put a) fuckin filter in the game for us that arent upset by "bad" language.

PsNiBe
Dec 6, 2007, 09:43 PM
On 2007-12-05 22:57, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Also, silly compound swears like "shitfucker" are NOT in the filter...at least, on the PC/PS2.

oh really? i guess it's the same with the 360 then too. lol, and here i was thinking i was being sneaky.

but seriously that "@ " thing does work for certain things. like saying "President". which is so dirty, i know.

PsNiBe
Dec 6, 2007, 09:45 PM
i like how you can say "MEXICAN STINKY BALLS!" with no censorage.

Nuclearranger
Dec 6, 2007, 09:47 PM
See below post*****

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NuclearRanger on 2007-12-06 19:08 ]</font>

Noblewine
Dec 6, 2007, 09:57 PM
On 2007-11-17 14:37, Yoshi_Ayarane wrote:

On 2007-11-17 13:59, Noblewine wrote:
Just use learn to use leet or misspell a word, that always works http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

What about those of us who don't want to come off as a fool with no knowledge of the English language? >.< l33t gives me a headache to decipher, and I can't stand all the lolspeak flying around. Blech!

Both the censor and the measures we have to take to get around it accomplish the same thing: they make normal communication a chore. Considering how team play seems to be a big deal, impeding basic text chat with a flawed and untoggleable censor is REALLY REALLY BAD.

At this rate, I'll probably just switch to using my TeamSpeak server exclusively. This text chat business is getting ridiculous. -.-

Not really I only use leet when I need to swear. LOL
But whatever meets your fancy use it.. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2007-12-06 18:58 ]</font>

Nuclearranger
Dec 6, 2007, 10:05 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/Nuclearranger/psu20071206_210322_008.jpg

lol...

Code works quite well

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NuclearRanger on 2007-12-06 19:33 ]</font>

Aviva
Dec 6, 2007, 10:28 PM
you also cant say homeless.... tech god dont get me started with that dam filter

gryphonvii
Dec 6, 2007, 10:30 PM
why are we still talking about this?

Ken_Silver
Dec 6, 2007, 11:53 PM
lol, it doesn't bother me when they block out curses. It's a pain when they block words that aren't curses. But since I've been playing (not often by the way) I haven't had a problem with the new system yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nuclearranger
Dec 7, 2007, 12:15 AM
The tilde key was just added to blocks lol..