PDA

View Full Version : Gunners Beware! PP Regen is slower!!

Clunker
Nov 16, 2007, 08:40 PM
At first I thought I was simply misreading the situation, due to the fact I was soloiong Fight For Food A, rather than in a party - but!

I very carefully watched how my 9* shotgun recharged; it now *only* regens 11 PP per tick - NOT 12 as per Fortegunner's listing for Shotties @ PSUpedia!

I'll try to keep track of other Ranged Weap PP regens; however, if other Gunners could list Character Type, Weapon Type/Star, and how much PP regen you are seeing, this could affirm my fears that ST has slightly nerfed the Gunners this time round, in terms of PP supply... Thx!

Carlo210
Nov 16, 2007, 08:51 PM
Why would they do this? That's just silly.

Rashiid
Nov 16, 2007, 08:51 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Oh noes, not 11! *shreeeks*

Clunker
Nov 16, 2007, 08:53 PM
Perhaps I overdid it on the phrasing, but I can also confirm this reduction on Twin Handguns, and Rifles. Grenades seem to regen @ 8PP, but I can't recall if that's the same or not.

CelestialBlade
Nov 16, 2007, 08:57 PM
Wow XD

Good thing charges are cheap.

jayster
Nov 16, 2007, 08:57 PM
Giga bullet pp save needs some use I suppose :/

Clunker
Nov 16, 2007, 09:00 PM
On 2007-11-16 17:57, Typheros wrote:
Wow XD

Good thing charges are cheap.

True, but is this not strange? For what reason would the regen amount go down, when practically all else is getting improved? Perhaps the 25% PP regen boost is now rounded down instead of up?

CelestialBlade
Nov 16, 2007, 09:02 PM
Definitely strange, just saying it could be a lot worse.

Arcturus
Nov 16, 2007, 09:27 PM
What the crap! Gunners did NOT need a nerf like this!

Schubalts
Nov 16, 2007, 09:31 PM
My shotgun wtill recovers 8 PP as a Protranny. Maybe they just lowered the bonus that Fortegunner and Guntecher(who else get a bonus?) got, not the weapon's PP regen.

Miyoko
Nov 16, 2007, 09:35 PM
I noticed this, too, and while it's a small nerf, it's there on every gun (Yohmei rifles regain 14 now instead of 16), and it really, really pisses me off.

Yeah, that's right. Fuck you, Sega. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

McLaughlin
Nov 16, 2007, 09:41 PM
Rangers, say hello to Sega. They are what I will refer to as "a car."

After receiving next to nothing in the form of a power boost in AotI, they "ran you over."

This PP regeneration nerf is what I'll refer to as "getting kicked in the nuts."

Sega has run you over in their car, backed up, inspected their bumper, and then kicked you in the nuts.

Good night.

Lyrise
Nov 16, 2007, 09:49 PM
On 2007-11-16 18:31, Schubalts wrote:
My shotgun wtill recovers 8 PP as a Protranny. Maybe they just lowered the bonus that Fortegunner and Guntecher(who else get a bonus?) got, not the weapon's PP regen.

This. All classes have their PP regeneration rates adjusted. Fighgunners will probably be most pleased, since theirs is the one that got most boosted.

Weeaboolits
Nov 16, 2007, 11:42 PM
Over 1pp? >.>;

Scejntjynahl
Nov 16, 2007, 11:49 PM
-_- Seriously? A rant about lower PP regen? I never thought I would miss the days about rants because of FSOD, BSOD, Nol, and corruptions.

amtalx
Nov 17, 2007, 02:04 AM
On 2007-11-16 20:42, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Over 1pp? >.>;

Do I REALLY care about that 1 PP? No. It's the principal. This whole expansion was about giving fighters a boost...which is fine, whatever. They needed it. But when you start TAKING THINGS AWAY from other classes, that some ass right here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-11-18 16:29 ]</font>

Schubalts
Nov 17, 2007, 09:22 AM
Like fighters didn't need a boost? Before they were basically meat shields compared to the damage of rangers and forces, yet couldn't even do THAT with the insane "difficulty" due to monsters being: uninterruptible when doing anything other than regular attacks(no, Mr. Kamatoze, I promise I won't knock you out of your gibarta spam); able to hit you in a wider radius than a godamned SWORD with regular attacks; and our "super high defense" being utterly useless when compared to the armor's elemental percent.

What did you lose? A couple points of PP. A couple points of PP compared to: pretty much never having to get within a monster's attack range(shotguns and traps not included); reliable status effects from across the room; and you also GAINED FLINCHING FOR EVERY GUN. What would you rather have, 2 more PP a tick or the ability to keep a monster from ever reaching you with a gun?

Wren6
Nov 17, 2007, 11:05 AM
Actually all Forte types now have the worst pp regen of any class except Protranser. I guess Sonic Team decided 20% pp reduction was too good even with the reduced weapon selection. Nerf! And Fortegunner lost 2pp/tick regen on handguns and Yohmei rifles.

Dhylec
Nov 17, 2007, 11:43 AM
On 2007-11-16 20:49, Scejntjynahl wrote:
-_- Seriously? A rant about lower PP regen? I never thought I would miss the days about rants because of FSOD, BSOD, Nol, and corruptions.

Is this why you haven't been back to the game? ;D

Wren6
Nov 17, 2007, 08:58 PM
The whole point of this "rant" is that Sonic Team has decided to punish Fortegunner and Fortetecher players instead of simply improving the types that need improving. That's right, Fortetechers lost pp regen as well. All Fortes did except Fortefighter won't miss it because of the normal strike pp regen. Nobody wants to have the character nerfed that they put a thousand hours of play into leveling. That, to me, is a big no-no in online RPG's. If there was a balance issue in the game, ST should have improved other classes that needed improvement, but punishing some players for the sake of balance is wrong especially when we are paying to play.

MrNomad
Nov 17, 2007, 10:04 PM
On 2007-11-16 23:04, amtalx wrote:

Over 1pp? >.>;

Do I REALLY care about that 1 PP? No. It's the principal. This whole expansion was about giving fighters a boost...which is fine, whatever. They needed it. But when you start TAKING THINGS AWAY from other classes, that some ass right here.

You're guns flinch! Get over it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-11-18 16:30 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Nov 18, 2007, 04:20 AM
What he said. Guns flinch, SE's land better, and Fortegunners really aren't that bad at using melee now either. And with S/S2 enemies dropping 1000+ meseta each, there's really no excuse to say you can't afford photon charges. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Yea, it's anal that ST would do that, but it's not really anything that'll ruin the game.

amtalx
Nov 18, 2007, 05:16 AM
On 2007-11-17 19:04, MrNomad wrote:

Over 1pp? >.>;

Do I REALLY care about that 1 PP? No. It's the principal. This whole expansion was about giving fighters a hand job...which is fine, whatever. They needed it. But when you start TAKING THINGS AWAY from other classes, that some ass right here.

Oh god cry me a fucking river. You're guns flinch! Get over it!

Correction. They WOULD flinch if the enemy I was targeting didn't just get LOLSLICERED. Honestly, I wouldn't give two shits about the PP reduction if the combat system weren't totally fucked. At the end of the day 1 PP means nothing, which goes back to my original point that it's about the principal.

MrNomad
Nov 18, 2007, 12:09 PM
On 2007-11-18 02:16, amtalx wrote:

On 2007-11-17 19:04, MrNomad wrote:

Over 1pp? >.>;

Do I REALLY care about that 1 PP? No. It's the principal. This whole expansion was about giving fighters a hand job...which is fine, whatever. They needed it. But when you start TAKING THINGS AWAY from other classes, that some ass right here.

Oh god cry me a fucking river. You're guns flinch! Get over it!

Correction. They WOULD flinch if the enemy I was targeting didn't just get LOLSLICERED. Honestly, I wouldn't give two shits about the PP reduction if the combat system weren't totally fucked. At the end of the day 1 PP means nothing, which goes back to my original point that it's about the principal.

But by losing 1 pp you GAIN flinching, better SE stats, new grinding system to improve weapons etc. And as for LOLSLICERS, wait for them to get nerfed, THEN you can find something else to whine about http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

panzer_unit
Nov 19, 2007, 12:17 PM
Wait for them to come out first, then complain, then enjoy the nerf you already know is in the works.

Seriously though: getting flinch and much easier SE is _almost_ the OMG ITS OVER 9000 that fighters got. Here's my Shigga Desta. There's a bunch of whatevers. I start firing and they're going to take minutes to get from there to here, if at all. Oh, didn't we also get the costs of (some) bullets wildly reduced? Like my grenades are only 30pp to use AS A PROTRANSER. Talk about win.

amtalx
Nov 19, 2007, 01:20 PM
The nerf only takes 80% off the first strike (still has a mod around 200% I think)...which of course is the only strike that you can't JA. The other 2 hits get to keep their original ATP mod. The nerf effectively does nothing. What doesn't go down in 1 combo will go down in 2.

omegapirate2k
Nov 19, 2007, 01:25 PM
Lulz hunters regain more PP than gunners now D:

ashley50
Nov 19, 2007, 01:54 PM
to avoid this...

Bring Extra Weapons!