PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Is there still a challenge?

norrisj15
Nov 16, 2007, 11:51 PM
So I've been going all day playing pretty much everything, and with the new stat improvements there is no challenge left at all. I can pretty much solo anything easily and if i bring along a friend its cake. I'm hoping there is going to some challenging missions in AoI, so I'm just wondering is it going to stay this easy? or are we going to get something worth my time? btw im on pc if that makes a difference

RedMussel
Nov 17, 2007, 12:03 AM
Wait like 7 mouths then maybe there will be S3 but thats just a idea.

Broodstar1337
Nov 17, 2007, 12:32 AM
You could always stop using overpowered equipment and try running through said easy missions with a neutral 1* Saber and no PAs.

Jao
Nov 17, 2007, 12:34 AM
i'll say do that one mission next to the seabed one on s2?

Zarode
Nov 17, 2007, 12:35 AM
On 2007-11-16 21:34, Jao wrote:
i'll say do that one mission next to the seabed one on s2?

Endrum's Remnants?

Zorafim
Nov 17, 2007, 12:35 AM
PSU has never had challenge. It was a button-mashing spamfest. Now at least it's fun.

Shiryuu
Nov 17, 2007, 12:36 AM
The only challenging thing in AoI is the last block of the second infected AMF mission. But then again, I wasn't using a slicer, so I'm not really sure if it is really that hard until I play it again... :/

Remedy
Nov 17, 2007, 12:37 AM
If you're a FT, yes. Otherwise, no.

Agnostic187
Nov 17, 2007, 12:37 AM
It seems like PSU Easy mode to me. Hopefully they'll be one popular area like in PSO, The Ruins, that you can solo but it'll take an hour, but if you ran with 4, you can do it smoothly with still a bit of a challenge.

Imo It is a bit too easy now however.

Jao
Nov 17, 2007, 12:38 AM
yes Endrum's Remnants.
i was looking for a black bull for a gift for my friend but dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
them robots were like "Fuck no your not killing us"=(

Broodstar1337
Nov 17, 2007, 12:39 AM
On 2007-11-16 21:36, Shiryuu wrote:
The only challenging thing in AoI is the last block of the second infected AMF mission. But then again, I wasn't using a slicer, so I'm not really sure if it is really that hard until I play it again... :/

Only hard if you're soloing... or a techer.

Shiryuu
Nov 17, 2007, 12:44 AM
On 2007-11-16 21:39, Broodstar1337 wrote:

On 2007-11-16 21:36, Shiryuu wrote:

Only hard if you're soloing... or a techer.

Nothing is ever hard with a full party.

RedMussel
Nov 17, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-11-16 21:38, Jao wrote:
yes Endrum's Remnants.

Thats not where you should hunt for a blackbull <_<

norrisj15
Nov 17, 2007, 12:47 AM
On 2007-11-16 21:45, RedMussel wrote:

yes Endrum's Remnants.

Thats not where you should hunt for a blackbull <_<

lmao yea......

but yea i have a techer n its still easy i mean i dont solo w/ her. i use my cast gunner to solo which is insainly easy btw w/ the SE nerf. n endrum wouldnt be that bad w/ KS n xbows.

Darkly
Nov 17, 2007, 12:51 AM
Zorafim is very correct, now it doesn't take 2 whole minutes to kill one tengoh. It doesn't feel like your killing a brick wall. Fighting is now timed and a bit more interesting. The game may be easy right now but im sure newer missions and higher difficulty ones will be the challenge people are looking for again.

My only hope is that they up the enemies attacks, make them more aggressive but still quick to kill - this way we have an interesting fight that is a little more of a 'challenge'.

Syl
Nov 17, 2007, 12:53 AM
Yeah though, remember S2 now will be S in AoI =x

Jao
Nov 17, 2007, 12:56 AM
on the data base here it said i can find a black bull there?

Hath_Wrobo
Nov 17, 2007, 01:01 AM
Why is everyone complaining about overpowerment, when essentially we got a buff in stats to prepare for the expansion's missions and not normal PSU? It's like in PSO, comparing lvl 150 characters and how easy v. hard mode is. We have to wait for the "ultimate" version of these missions. From what I've seen, the expansion missions will not have S2 variants from the start, as the S difficulty will have level 100 monsters.

What I'm trying to say is, why don't we actually wait until the expansion to see if we are still overpowered or not?

Hokokaru
Nov 17, 2007, 01:03 AM
Sunds pretty cool with that boost, I can finally kill those evil, evil volfus in the Seabed S2 by myself is what it sounds like to me =)

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 17, 2007, 01:52 AM
On 2007-11-16 22:03, Hokokaru wrote:
Sunds pretty cool with that boost, I can finally kill those evil, evil volfus in the Seabed S2 by myself is what it sounds like to me =)

Yes, I'm very glad they are making PSU more solo friendly. I feel that's what gave PSO a good edge over this originally. Bring on the S3s, though, Sonic Team!

pikachief
Nov 17, 2007, 01:58 AM
yes Endrum's Remnants.

do what i do and solo fakis!

also i need to do train rescure S2 for my xbow! >.<

Zorafim
Nov 17, 2007, 02:37 AM
On 2007-11-16 21:51, Darkly wrote:
Zorafim is very correct,

This is the first time I've heard anything like this.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 17, 2007, 02:43 AM
Zorafim is very correct, now it doesn't take 2 whole minutes to kill one tengoh. It doesn't feel like your killing a brick wall. Fighting is now timed and a bit more interesting. The game may be easy right now but im sure newer missions and higher difficulty ones will be the challenge people are looking for again.

My only hope is that they up the enemies attacks, make them more aggressive but still quick to kill - this way we have an interesting fight that is a little more of a 'challenge'.

pikachief
Nov 17, 2007, 02:46 AM

dont worry in AOI the enemies and bosses have very tricky new attacks. everything will be awesome soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zorafim
Nov 17, 2007, 02:53 AM
I hope by "new tricky attacks" you don't mean "undodgable high damage attacks which knock you back and prevent you from doing whatever it is you were doing, and is spammed every other second."
I see much too much of that as it is.

SLY_J
Nov 17, 2007, 03:39 AM
I think the roots of the whole “difficulty” issue extend deep into the heart of PSU’s design. In my opinion, Sega simply isn’t making enough changes between difficulty levels. Rather than making immense changes to a few variables, they ought to be making small changes to wide array of variables. Based on what I’ve seen, the only things that change between difficulty levels are the enemies’ stats and movement speed. Everything else more or less remains the same; all the enemies still spawn in the same places and use the same attacks. Right now, I feel like S2 rank missions aren’t so much challenging, as they are aggravating.

I personally think that a bunch of subtle changes between each difficulty level would make a world of difference. For example: Increasing the number of enemies that spawn on a map as well as increasing the number of possible spawn points could have a huge positive impact on difficulty. Think about it. Which would you have more fun fighting? Seven heavily buffed Vahras that run three times faster than usual and spawn in the same place every mission, or twelve Varhas with modestly increased stats that run only slightly faster than normal and almost never spawn in the same place more than once? Don’t change less things more; change more things less!

Anyway, sorry about the rant. I’m sort of new here, and I guess I’m just glad to see that I’m not the only one who has some qualms about some PSU’s game mechanics. Here’s hoping AoI delivers the variety I so desperately crave!

On 2007-11-16 23:46, pikachief wrote:
dont worry in AOI the enemies and bosses have very tricky new attacks.Translation: “Now Dulk Fakis’s giant unavoidable nuclear meteor attacks come in variety of colors!” jk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Seriously though, I hope at least one boss in AoI has the “soul stealing” ability like Dark Falz had is PSO. Now that was a tricky attack...

Shishi-O
Nov 17, 2007, 05:21 AM
On 2007-11-16 20:51, norrisj15 wrote:
So I've been going all day playing pretty much everything, and with the new stat improvements there is no challenge left at all. I can pretty much solo anything easily and if i bring along a friend its cake. I'm hoping there is going to some challenging missions in AoI, so I'm just wondering is it going to stay this easy? or are we going to get something worth my time? btw im on pc if that makes a difference

super hoy murder maching looking for group and good times.

nothing is challenge to the well prepared.

so bring friends and have fun.

D1ABOLIK
Nov 17, 2007, 05:24 AM
On 2007-11-16 21:35, Zorafim wrote:
PSU has never had challenge. It was a button-mashing spamfest. Now at least it's fun.

Amen.You always speak the truth zora.

________
Atlas cars pakistan (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Atlas_Cars_Pakistan)

Sol_B4dguy
Nov 17, 2007, 12:56 PM
I can actually solo if I'm in the mood now.

In all serious-ness, I'm glad this update is a bit more friendly to fighters like myself. I can actually do damage with other moves besides majarra now, and that pleases me. That said, some things are still difficult (I forgot how much I hate Jarbas), but it doesn't feel like I'm hitting an invisible wall when the monsters that used to give me trouble show up now. I'm hoping AoI at least brings in a bit more...unique challenges besides unavoidable spam moves, though.

RadiantLegend
Nov 17, 2007, 01:11 PM
Oh its easy now is it?

Take a solo trip to Fakis S2. Not that True Darkness, the real FAKIS S2.

The goazorans are back with vengence.

Kylie
Nov 17, 2007, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I'm sure that more challenges will arise from the expansion, no doubt. It was going to get like this sooner or later (S2 missions becoming easy), so I'm not too bothered. Guess they decided that it was time to do it sooner.

DavidNel
Nov 17, 2007, 01:41 PM
Enjoy the easy break while it lasts. As soon as AOI comes out everyone will be complaining that their class is too weak... Man, people here are never happy. If your not complaining about a class nerf or a weapons selection change, you're complaining that the game is too easy.

PS: This isn't directed at anyone specifically

majan
Nov 17, 2007, 02:38 PM
there will be when the PSU counterpart of the control tower is released.

btw,everybody complains that this game is stuck in easy mode.but you never ever hear a lot about peoples escapades on the planet moatoob.its annoying,dreary,and the monsters take along time to die,the EXP sucks.but this is where the true challenge lies.the moatoob 1up mission?not easy!!!!!!thats why only 10% of the people did it,and often failed to S rank it.

if you are not willing to face the challenge,don't complain about it not being there.go try to solo desert goliath S2 and tell me there still is no challenge in this game.if there was a S rank bruce's dungeon,with level 100+ monsters,that would be some fuckin challenge now wouldnt it.this update came PRIOR to AOI content which obviously will balance out everybody having pretty much at least 1.5x the power they had a week ago,before pre-AOI update.new missions,harder missions,harder RANKS of said new harder missions,and of course,for the hardcore,sega I am sure will include some iteration of hte Control Tower(PSO vets will cringe when I mentino Ill Gills),but what people neglect to realize is that part of the control tower is already in PSU with us now.its called moatoob,and noone plays there cus its hard,not as worthwhile as someplace else,but its actually a challenge.

edit:you can tell that less people did moatoob because mugunruk boards are going for 2.5 mill while halarods and ragnuses and even carriguics are going for much cheaper.thats how it is on the 360 servers at least.bil de axes and gur asteds,same deal.rabol lebfa?MIA.storm lines?all over the place.sweetdeaths?yep,those too.people take whats easy.doesnt make them bad,but it gives them no right to complain about this game not being challenging.

and not for nothing,but pc/ps2 players who participated in haxeta and took advantage of it by synthing mass amounts of 9* 44-50% weapons have no right to complain about "easy mode" whatsoever.you signed up for easy mode long before sega made the game more playable for players who werent as fortunate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-11-17 11:42 ]</font>

Broodstar1337
Nov 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
That reminds me. I remember back when I first joined the Guild of Light and had to get to the Ice Caves in order to get to their meeting. I had an hour so I figured I had enough time to solo an S run on I think it was Tunnel Recapture. Oh boy. At the time, I was a lvl 65 FT and I had two NPCs with me, my PM and Laia. I was popping mates, atomizers, photon charges, all that shit left and right. I finally gave up when I ran out of items and had to fight a Bil de Vear with all it's buffs.

So yeah, there's definitely a challenge.

Umberger
Nov 17, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-11-17 11:38, majan wrote:the moatoob 1up mission?not easy!!!!!!thats why only 10% of the people did it,and often failed to S rank it.

The Moatoob mission was easy, the friendship gimmick was just a pain in the ass. It was only hard if your party didn't communicate well/know what to do.

pikachief
Nov 17, 2007, 02:54 PM
dont worry AOI missions on S are lvl100+!!

S2 would probably be like lvl 120+ and they have different types of annoying attacks to destroy u. Yes this version is easy but that one is a bit more challenging.

Sega's basically letting u all practice and play with your awesomness before they bring in the bigger baddies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lamak
Nov 17, 2007, 02:54 PM
Just don't run with Full Parties.

-Asheth-
Nov 17, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-11-17 11:38, majan wrote:
there will be when the PSU counterpart of the control tower is released.

btw,everybody complains that this game is stuck in easy mode.but you never ever hear a lot about peoples escapades on the planet moatoob.its annoying,dreary,and the monsters take along time to die,the EXP sucks.but this is where the true challenge lies.the moatoob 1up mission?not easy!!!!!!thats why only 10% of the people did it,and often failed to S rank it.

if you are not willing to face the challenge,don't complain about it not being there.go try to solo desert goliath S2 and tell me there still is no challenge in this game.if there was a S rank bruce's dungeon,with level 100+ monsters,that would be some fuckin challenge now wouldnt it.this update came PRIOR to AOI content which obviously will balance out everybody having pretty much at least 1.5x the power they had a week ago,before pre-AOI update.new missions,harder missions,harder RANKS of said new harder missions,and of course,for the hardcore,sega I am sure will include some iteration of hte Control Tower(PSO vets will cringe when I mentino Ill Gills),but what people neglect to realize is that part of the control tower is already in PSU with us now.its called moatoob,and noone plays there cus its hard,not as worthwhile as someplace else,but its actually a challenge.

edit:you can tell that less people did moatoob because mugunruk boards are going for 2.5 mill while halarods and ragnuses and even carriguics are going for much cheaper.thats how it is on the 360 servers at least.bil de axes and gur asteds,same deal.rabol lebfa?MIA.storm lines?all over the place.sweetdeaths?yep,those too.people take whats easy.doesnt make them bad,but it gives them no right to complain about this game not being challenging.

and not for nothing,but pc/ps2 players who participated in haxeta and took advantage of it by synthing mass amounts of 9* 44-50% weapons have no right to complain about "easy mode" whatsoever.you signed up for easy mode long before sega made the game more playable for players who werent as fortunate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-11-17 11:42 ]</font>

True very true but Bil De Axe is pretty cheap right now or at least during the 1up it was I think the board was like 800k-1.5 mil. But I think that the problem is that the S ranks that drop on motooab just arent as appealing to everyone else. But I know even Neudaiz missions alot of people dont do because its hard. I think if they mixed a variety of enemies melee resistant, tech resistant, bullet resistant into different missions throughout then it would be better. Instead the areas that pretty much have no resistance are the ones that most play.

Elley
Nov 17, 2007, 03:17 PM
Challenge? The game has no death penalty. You can never fail at anything unless it's timed.

Broodstar1337
Nov 17, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-11-17 12:17, Elley wrote:
Challenge? The game has no death penalty. You can never fail at anything unless it's timed.

Just because some runs can be hard doesn't mean they can't be S ranked.

Noblewine
Nov 17, 2007, 04:53 PM
Just run some S mission. The new monsters you'll encounter will refresh your experience. Also the updates aren't bad they actually made the game enjoyable especially with the just attack and just counter. Exploit them and you will pwn anything. Also you should be grateful if AOI didn't exist less people would be playing online.

Alamar
Nov 17, 2007, 04:58 PM
OH GOD here we go again. with the old " Is this game worth playing?" post. HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO POST THIS QUESTION? Between this one and 360 no hacks and the ever great population one. Why why why must we keep having the same old same old questions. I say take these down as soon as they are posted. I for one am pretty tired of these rearing their ugly heads all the time. FOR GOD SAKES enjoy the game. play the game. If you have to ask why then just quit and please leave us alone to enjoy it. It really irks me to no end to keep seeing these.

F-Gattaca
Nov 17, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-11-17 11:38, majan wrote:

Respect.

Forget what Diablo said; this guy speaks the truth of the thread.

Wasn't this the forum with the guy named Bleemo! or somesuch? Didn't he have a sig that said "NAY TO THE NAYSAYERS!" ?

That's what I'm feeling right now.

amtalx
Nov 17, 2007, 05:18 PM
I've never felt a challenge really, and I am a FIXTURE on Moatoob unless I'm bullet lvling. It's the only place where I won't fall asleep. I hope ST gives us something to make it harder. Hell, I would rather ST nerf EVERYONE just so that it isn't so fucking easy. Every step of the way ST has being doing everything to make it easier. Slower monsters, lower STA, LOLSLICERS, a critical hit rate stat that means NOTHING now, and no death penalty? C'mon WTF guys. Maybe if ST didn't drip feed us content it wouldn't be so bad. "Here guys, we made this game for you. but you have to wait a year to enjoy it because we are going to lock all the fun stuff up."

Alamar
Nov 17, 2007, 05:22 PM
what ever dude. You are NOT going to get me to believe that you can solo every mission with ease. No way no way. You are full of it. Take any S2 mission and solo it like your doing a C rank mission? BS plain and simple BS

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 17, 2007, 05:29 PM
Considering I'd solo every S2 before this update.... with no qualms about difficulty, it's now been made easier for me to do so.

THE JACKEL

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 17, 2007, 05:33 PM
On 2007-11-17 14:30, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-11-17 11:54, pikachief wrote:
dont worry AOI missions on S are lvl100+!!

S2 would probably be like lvl 120+ and they have different types of annoying attacks to destroy u. Yes this version is easy but that one is a bit more challenging.

Sega's basically letting u all practice and play with your awesomness before they bring in the bigger baddies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

im gonna post this on every page until this topic dies

this game still involves little strategy, and no thinking whatsoever, no matter what they toss at you.

THE JACKEL

amtalx
Nov 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
On 2007-11-17 14:22, Alamar wrote:
what ever dude. You are NOT going to get me to believe that you can solo every mission with ease. No way no way. You are full of it. Take any S2 mission and solo it like your doing a C rank mission? BS plain and simple BS

It's pretty well known that even mildly talented fGs (or any class with mobility weapons) can solo any mission in the game.

pikachief
Nov 17, 2007, 05:44 PM
On 2007-11-17 14:42, amtalx wrote:

On 2007-11-17 14:22, Alamar wrote:

It's pretty well known that even mildly talented fGs (or any class with mobility weapons) can solo any mission in the game.

the only S2 i find hard is train rescue. thats it.

oh and HIVE missions i have a bit of trouble with gaozarons but i can just trap them to death http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

amtalx
Nov 17, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-11-17 14:44, pikachief wrote:

the only S2 i find hard is train rescue. thats it.

Shock Xbow for the rouges. KS for bots. Easysauce. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MrNomad
Nov 17, 2007, 07:36 PM
You know what? If I hear another fF say "I hope AoI is more difficult" one more time, I'm gonna hack each one's account, steal all their items and meseta, turn their pm into a zero type and leave a msg on their e-mail saying "There, hard enough for you?" Okay, I wont do that, don't know how to hack http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif But here's my point: To every hunter on PSU...Please STFU about the games difficulty, thank you. I mean seriously, where the hell have you all been that you now have an opinion on difficulty? The game has been the same since the start, only now you have a JA system and the enemies move slightly slower. Now every hunter and their mother deems it necessary to let you know they hope AoI will bring some challenge now that ST gave them all a mercy fuck and introduced the JA system. Hooray! Now you're worth having in a party! Now you do tremendous damage! Now you know what it feels like to have been a fT before ST issued the mercy fucking! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If you want the game to be difficult, use a palette of sabers only, no pas, and you hafta use sabers of like elements at the enemy, also if you hit the enemy once you must allow the enemy to hit you back. Enjoy the challenge of fighting Kamatozas and jarbas as you spend 15 minutes taking down one of each! Meanwhile Ill use whatever weapons I like, whatever pa I like, and do whatever mission I like. Sure, you may think I'm a n00b for not challenging myself and using the JA system to beat mobs, but hey, at least I'm entertained with the new system. I'll enjoy being able to beat mobs with newly given strength, and you can enjoy tapping normal attack over and over and over again, trying to down a large monster while all the smaller one pick at your face. Enjoy your invisible laws of challenge, I'll enjoy what new features ST decides to give us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif