PDA

View Full Version : So how do GT and fig stand up to fG and fF respectively?

bahk
Nov 17, 2007, 12:13 AM
Everyone's talking about fF, but is fig really that bad now in comparison? I figured the level 30 crossbow would be a welcome addition to parties.

And statistically how does a GT stand up to a fG?

Or I suppose, where would a list of the new stat changes be found?

Broodstar1337
Nov 17, 2007, 12:26 AM
FI is still considerably powerful, but Double Sabers, Crossbows, and Mechguns just aren't as strong as Axes and Spears.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 17, 2007, 12:29 AM
FI is strong, but I don't like using it because all I do is use Majarra. My crossbows just got a lot stronger, but JA'd Majarra outdoes anything my guns do as a FI, so why not just go FF?

bahk
Nov 17, 2007, 12:31 AM
I figured that'd be the case. But since figs still get A spears, and fF and fig both get A slicers, if the damage isn't that much of a difference it's comforting to know fig's still a viable choice.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 17, 2007, 12:34 AM
Well, now that we have the lv15 classes, the gap between FI and FF ATP is ever-growing.

Broodstar1337
Nov 17, 2007, 12:36 AM
Not to mention once S-class weapons start getting more practical to use, that's just more ATP and ATA stacking up.

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 17, 2007, 12:42 AM
I'll throw in GT vs. fG then.

Now that we have level 30 support techs we really do hold a good place in parties, especially the case for me, since I was mostly the only techer in any of our parties, and when we had fTs (only like twice did this happen) I'd normally buff before they had the chance to anyways. As for our damage vs. fGs. It's kinda even right now. My bow easily can do 800+ damage a shot (I had a 1100-1200 crit today with one, maybe me joyful) using the correct element to bosses and non-bullet resistant enemies (even then, the defense pierce helps out a bit). As for crossbows, twins, mechs and such they're pretty much on par for me, compared to the fGs I played with today atleast. I'd say not having grenade launchers kinda hurts us a bit still, but not as much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Keiko_Seisha on 2007-11-16 21:45 ]</font>

Syl
Nov 17, 2007, 12:47 AM
I just got my fire card to 31

Ele mod went from 25%-29%

ATP went from 155%-161%

Pretty decent, it's only going to get better from here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

(good thing all my cards are at 30 rofl)

Miyoko
Nov 17, 2007, 01:04 AM
Shotguns are massive sex, now. >_> I've barely used my fG's crossbow at all today.

I decimated a few groups soloing with a laser cannon, too. It felt... Dirty.

CellarDoor
Nov 17, 2007, 01:55 AM
On 2007-11-16 22:04, Miyoko wrote:
Shotguns are massive sex, now. >_> I've barely used my fG's crossbow at all today.

I decimated a few groups soloing with a laser cannon, too. It felt... Dirty.

Not only Shotguns, but Grenade Launchers too. Grenades got a big power boost. 200%+ ATT modifier at level 30 is pretty damn nice =) As a Fortegunner I'm thrilled with the update.

CelestialBlade
Nov 17, 2007, 02:03 AM
Hard to compare fGs and GTs now, since the new PA caps and stats have created new roles for both classes. Guntechers have become an *amazingly* good Support class, offensively and defensively, while Fortegunners have gained further abilities in the DPS department. If you were to compare the two in terms of raw attack power it'd be pretty unfair, so comparing these two is really hard to do.

All I know is that this is the first day *ever* in which I've seen the majority of PSOW actually LIKE Guntechers. We've gotten a power boost we very well deserve and it's made us one of the top support classes in the game, and we still aren't bad at all at DPS.

Theoderic
Nov 17, 2007, 09:20 AM
What I see happening is ST steering players to use the S Ranks that are available to them over the A Ranks they have. I love Laser now... Grenade just got better at owning what it does own... I don't use Shotgun because I use Crossbow Laser, and the only thing a Shotgun can do that those others can't do is splash-hit, which I'm thinking of actually using with the new modifiers to them... Twin Handguns disappointed me to some extent because Twin Mayalee lost SE3... but the accuracy of Twins keeps increasing up until 40, quite possibly making it the most accurate gun... With the way FG is looking now, I might drop Twin Handguns for normal Handgun (same mods as a Rifle, but one handed and lower SE...) and pick up a Shotgun for my spread purposes...

But those are just thoughts in the back of my head... I'm mainly FG because of the class bonus, and the whole swapping elements on my weapons instead of having to synth multiple elements... then the PP reduction and regeneration, coupled with my Bullet Save. But there is so much to consider, when making one's character fit roles and purposes while still being comfortable with playstyle.

Nevando
Nov 17, 2007, 09:32 AM
ST did right with the GT boost.

Now it actually IS a mix of both Guns and Tech. It's TP may not be so high end, but now that I'm healing for 1000+ HP with Resta (With Har/quick), and that support techs are good, and they still get some excellent exclusive SRanks. I still think in a group with a force for support (Although, the plus side is now, Guntecher can officially BE that force), Fortegunner will be more useful, especially with Grenade Launchers being ridiculously awesome, but Guntechers are very very awesome solo class.

Prior to it, GT was just mini-Fortegunner. Now they've totally branched it off, and correctly too. It really is great.

majan
Nov 17, 2007, 03:46 PM
GTs got a nice tech boost.they have enough guns at their disposal to do good enough damage.think this way:you dont need megid to kill machines when you have killershot,so thats one less offensive tech a guntecher will wanna use.yak zagenga is immensely powerful,period.DPS wise it is certainly one of the best PAs in the entire game.bows also are definitely up to DPS par with rifles,and thats especially awesome with the fact that they now get S rank bows,which are rather strong.rikau senba and rikauteri on a cast guntecher will be immense power.htey arent quite as offensively well endowed as a fortegunner using awesome shotguns and grenade launchers and whatnot,but they are close,but versatility comes at the expense of that smaller decrease in gun-damage power,and stats.also,weapon choice is of course a huge factor in the class choice.

so gts are good with doing damage without techs,which leaves support,where they received the due stat boost.more powerful support spells and good buffs will make them formidable in the versatility department,which is what hybrid classes are all about(excluding acro classes but thats another story)

fighgunners on the other hand are a similar story.they excel where they need to excel:versatility.doublesabers being exclusive to them is a unique weapon that they can do soem awesome damage with-surely not as good as axes,but its very good damage.both weapons have their uses,and its a matter of style.the fact that fighgunners can use level 21+ yak zagenga in the expansoin also is an extremely formidable boost to their power and versatility.now thigns that are melee resistant you can whip out yak zagenga which I will reiterate is one of the elite pa's in the entire game and put down that jarba or tengogh quickly rather than chipping away at him for 2 days with an axe or doublesaber.if he still wont go down,whip out the twin pistols and zalure him with twin mayalee,which does quite awesome damage itself.if you run out of either of those,take out a machinegun.when your back to facing the other monsters that arent melee resistant,whip out the twin sabers or doublesabers and kill them off quick.also,fighgunner does good damage with their A-rank weapon choices too,lances and swords and knux.fighgunner wins.

neither class is as endowed as the melee-intensive and gun-intensive class that is superior to it in ONLY those categories,but they trade stats and different weapon choice to be VERSATILE,and not be one dimensional.in other words,for soloing,the hybrid classes are a lot better than expert classes.Im not knocking any classes here becuase they all have their uses.some are one dimensional but are THE BEST at what they do,and the others are pretty damn awesome at what they do,but are not limited to one style of play.

fighgunner wins,guntecher wins,fortefighter wins,fortegunner wins...its a matter of style.

different questoins arise when you start comparing acrofighter and acrotecher but we wont go there.

fix't

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-11-17 12:47 ]</font>