PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Just Attack

Meakame
Nov 17, 2007, 06:30 AM
I need help better understanding the whole just attack, I have read it at least ten times but still i dont understand it can anyone help me get it

Krisan
Nov 17, 2007, 06:37 AM
Essentially, rather than button mashing your attacks.. Make a pause (sometimes a significant pause) between each swing of your weapon.. if you are successful in getting the timing right, the little circular glow effect next to your hotbar that appears upon using an attack will be much larger and brighter.. Each successful Just Attack grants you a guaranteed critical strike.. This also works with PA's, making it very powerful at times if you learn to master the technique.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-11-17 03:48 ]</font>

Meakame
Nov 17, 2007, 07:17 AM
Thank you for that the way they worded it was somewhat confusing because they seamed to repeat themselves in saying if it is in PSU or not

Rizen
Nov 17, 2007, 08:15 AM
I made this topic in the Guides & Walkthrough section. Try it out.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=159725&forum=22&8

Also, check out JonathanF's primer video. He does a good job explaining Just Attack.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=159584&forum=20&58

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-11-17 05:16 ]</font>

February
Nov 17, 2007, 08:17 AM
I was going to say "Try pressing the button at different points in the animation to figure it out until you get it" but I have a feeling Rizen's link would be more useful.

burninglink5
Nov 17, 2007, 09:13 AM
So is just attack just like the charged attacks from PSO?

Tuxedose
Nov 17, 2007, 09:27 AM
No, in pso charged attack did more damage however in psu just attack hits will always be counted at critical hits. In other words Double the famage throu critical hit.

AlphaDragoon
Nov 17, 2007, 12:28 PM
In effect, it's like the light/heavy attacks from PSO in one button. And it's awesome.

Dhylec
Nov 17, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-11-17 09:28, AlphaDragoon wrote:
In effect, it's like the light/heavy attacks from PSO in one button. And it's awesome.

In some way, indeed it's a new heavy attack, except the damage is better. ;]

LTrav2k
Nov 17, 2007, 12:52 PM
I agree, it is the better variant of the heavy attack... the only thing that can keep it from causing damage is if the attack is blocked altogether. Otherwise, it'll always confirm a critical when you successfully use a just attack!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Have you guys noticed that the mobs flinch on more normal attacks now? Even using my single dagger I'm able to keep from being interrupted much more frequently after the combat change.

Kinako78
Nov 17, 2007, 02:42 PM
I'm slowly getting the hang of Just Attack, so I just have one question: I'm not gonna get kicked out of a party just cause I can't successfully perform it 100% of the time, am I?

Xaeris
Nov 17, 2007, 02:46 PM
Of course not. If anyone can actually make consistent notice of how often you're failing to JA, chances are, they're slacking off.

pikachief
Nov 17, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-11-17 11:42, Kinako78 wrote:
I'm slowly getting the hang of Just Attack, so I just have one question: I'm not gonna get kicked out of a party just cause I can't successfully perform it 100% of the time, am I?

nope. If i go play 360 and dont play AOI:JP for a few days, when i do come back im very bad at just attack and i have to bassically relearn it XD

every time cuz i always get it wrong >.<

so im gonna have trouble switching between my gunner and fighgunner like i always do :S

ChaosAngel92
Nov 17, 2007, 02:55 PM
Holy Shit, i feel like when i first played PSO. Does someone feels the same way?

Xencia
Nov 17, 2007, 02:59 PM
Noone can tell,and if I remember right,even when they add in the visual effect and noise,you only see your own.

pikachief
Nov 17, 2007, 03:04 PM
yup.

also if someone asks u how to just attack tell them what i tell them.

"Just attack" XD

Kinako78
Nov 17, 2007, 04:39 PM
*laughs* Those are all good points. Thanks for answering and not making me feel dumb for asking. XD

SStrikerR
Nov 17, 2007, 06:31 PM
no i dont feel like this is pso at all...why do people feel like that? WTF?
and also, i can do just attack with any of my weps except the sword's 2nd part of the combo, i can get the third swing right tho =]

Maxson
Nov 18, 2007, 01:46 PM
As you know, in PSO you had to hit your attack button at the right time to continue your combo. So the timing requirement for Just Attack is similar.

Ryoki
Nov 18, 2007, 02:51 PM
Doing it with the dagger male animation and Shunbu is a total BITCH. However, I'm gettin the hang of it. the problem is, you character brings the weapon back slowly, making timing hard, since it's basically just recoil animation.

A tip though: PA's like Tornado dance, Zubba, and etc, with only one combo, must have a normal attack preceding them to just attack them. IN other words, you can throw one non-PA hit, and press the PA button at the right time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-11-18 11:52 ]</font>

Zorafim
Nov 18, 2007, 03:01 PM
That's true with all PAs. You can Just Attack the first part of it with a normal attack.

Nyreal
Nov 18, 2007, 03:21 PM
I have issues with timing PAs after the third attack in a combo. I really need AoI, if only for the sound effects. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tekershee
Nov 18, 2007, 04:16 PM
I personally find it more difficult than PSO. In PSO, the window to continue the combo was much bigger, but for JA, you tend to need to press the button during the last part of that window. Even if you time 3 attacks perfectly and they combo nicely, it' doesn't necessarily mean JA :/

Dhylec
Nov 18, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-11-18 13:16, Tekershee wrote:
I personally find it more difficult than PSO. In PSO, the window to continue the combo was much bigger, but for JA, you tend to need to press the button during the last part of that window. Even if you time 3 attacks perfectly and they combo nicely, it' doesn't necessarily mean JA :/

Indeed, PSU JA window is smaller than PSO's hard attack. There has to be a trade-off somewhere.