PDA

View Full Version : Idea for how they could make Just Attack work for Technics

Rizen
Nov 17, 2007, 09:39 AM
OMG! NOT ANOTHER JUST ATTACK THREAD!!!! Sorry if this is getting repetitive, but I kinda got an idea. Wasn't sure if it was stated before but here it is.

What if they made it so that if you timed spells correctly, the next one would be casted faster at 80% of the cost and the last is casts faster at 70% of the cost, but has you wait until the full casting animation is done? Like a technic combo.

As for auto crit or more damage, I am not sure. It could work out depending on the spell, but at the same time, could back fire.

What you think?

UrmaBS
Nov 17, 2007, 09:47 AM
i think it should work like it does for evey one else

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrmaBS on 2007-11-17 10:32 ]</font>

Sev
Nov 17, 2007, 10:00 AM
Casting Speed and PP Reduction don't sound bad at all, still not sure about giving a Ranged Attack class Auto-Crits... But at this point, any suggestion to get the heat off of Fighters works for me, and this one doesn't suggest that I get hurt (Die) more often so I like it. The question is now, what would the Ranger equivalent be? XD

Rizen
Nov 17, 2007, 10:04 AM
On 2007-11-17 07:00, Sev wrote:
Casting Speed and PP Reduction don't sound bad at all, still not sure about giving a Ranged Attack class Auto-Crits... But at this point, any suggestion to get the heat off of Fighters works for me, and this one doesn't suggest that I get hurt (Die) more often so I like it. The question is now, what would the Ranger equivalent be? XD

Aimed shot animation? XD There are are some enemies that kneel down to shoot their guns (Like the Special Ops) and as for an effect, they could allow the shot to increase chance of applying an SE.

Krisan
Nov 17, 2007, 10:05 AM
It is a cute idea, though I'm not sure how practical the speed increase would be for Wands, Madoog's, Har / Quick users, or Acrotecher's.. (Or a combination of all of those things..) I mean, for rods in general it'd be pretty useful I am sure, but most of the other stuff already makes techs pretty darned fast as it is, and I think Sega wants to keep tech speed on a leash.. (Not to say it is a bad concept, I'm just not sure most of these things need to get any faster.. then again, Hunter didn't really need free crits either, so eh..)

The PP reduction part is pure gold though, that would be pretty neat. Still probably wouldn't please every force out there, but it is neat none the less. A damage increase of some kind probably wouldn't be a bad idea to append onto it at all though, maybe not a critical hit but definitely some kind of noticable bump in tech power to give the Force more incentive to use it.

On 2007-11-17 07:04, Rizen wrote:
Aimed shot animation? XD There are are some enemies that kneel down to shoot their guns (Like the Special Ops) and as for an effect, they could allow the shot to increase chance of applying an SE.

Hm.. Maybe something like a guaranteed application of the SE? Except.. the SE would be on a much, much shorter duration than normal, and repeated timed fire would be required to maintain a steady (and indefinite if done correctly) SE effect? (Just for balancing reasons I say it like this, since being able to SE every target in the room with the full durationeffect would be broken to me.. Even an increased chance at application would be iffy, since it would either have to be negligible an increase to most Rangers - making it pointless, or overpowering a difference, which is where the broken comes in.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-11-17 07:16 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 17, 2007, 10:07 AM
I was thinking that myself when I was posting that part about the Technic speed. My thought on that is they could put a cap speed for each techinic so that it doesn't get out of control.

Krisan
Nov 17, 2007, 10:19 AM
I mainly brought it up, since I think there are already ways in AoI to up Tech speed so fast that your character cast's the spell before the animation even finishes. <_<

mll
Nov 17, 2007, 10:24 AM
Why not just push all the tp mods on techs up. Put them on the same level as offline or something (didn't foie have a 500% tp mod offline or something crazy).

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 17, 2007, 10:39 AM
Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea if they just made the TP mods of techs higher. Also, they could have not nerfed the Gi-tech range and just made the lv 31+ one thats exclusive to FTs even greater. And also, some other dude made a thread about how techs that hit multiple targets should also attack multiple spots of a big, multi-targetted monster. That'll be awesome. In December, I'm sure they're gonna make techs faster since I read in the Japanese site that they said they're gonna rebalance the time of it or something.

Rizen
Nov 17, 2007, 11:16 AM
Personally, I think that increasing the TP mod wouldn't fix the problem, and allowing Technics to hit multiple targets would be nice, but at the same time there could be a few problems with that.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to think of solutions to see how Just Attack and Counter could work better for Technics. Lets try to stick to that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Krisan
Nov 17, 2007, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure upping the TP mod would completely "fix" the issue either, it might just serve to cause even more balancing issues.. I think -ra techs should probably hit multi-targets though, but perhaps nothing else? (Nothing else as a means for balancing purposes and because I think -ra needs a bit more loving.) And yes, to try and keep the topic rolling in the right direction.. Hmm..

Well, I don't know.. I actually can't think of much that tops Rizen's initial idea. Kind of limited with what you can do with techs compared to melee strikes, so it is a little hard to come up with something both seamless in design and practical in its usage.

AlphaDragoon
Nov 17, 2007, 12:31 PM
I actually think a good idea would be for Forces to be able to charge PAs, hold down the button to increase damage, but the spell takes longer to come out.

LTrav2k
Nov 17, 2007, 06:30 PM
If you cast a technic as a just counter, you regain the amount of PP the spell cost instead of spending it. I think that would help out... especially when you're trying to chain cast resta and keep blocking attacks mid cast.

Xencia
Nov 17, 2007, 07:44 PM
Well,you can't add Just Attack to range or techs,since each shot is it's own thing,there's no 'end' to the combo. But it brings to mind something from City Of Heroes,Blasters had a horrible innate ability,and the Devs asked for the players input on possibilities. One of the options players liked was a sort of 'rooted' bonus,meaning as you use abilities without moving,your power would climb with each successful hit.

In PSU I'd say it would be the TP Mod going up maybe 50%(not gaining 50%,but like say a 400% would be 600% next) with each continuous cast until you move or miss(Moving would include first person mode to readjust aim as otherwise Foie and Diga would get insane).

That would make the homing spells possibly much stronger,since you could happy stay away and build strength.

On bosses they could still spam Foie or Diga and it'd quickly get very mean,but likely still only get a few casts in before having to re-aim.

Ra and Gi techs you'd likely only get maybe 2 in before something mauled you and you lost the root bonus.

As for Dam-techs,I got no clue,this sort of thing wouldn't work with a 'channeled' tech very well,since it could keep the enemies at bay too well,and the power would quickly skyrocket. Maybe if the bonus was smaller for Dam-techs it might be alright,since they have a limited casting time on them. Regrants would very quickly kill you doing this sort of thing as well.

This sort of thing obviously favors a 'pure' caster,at range,since melee involves constant movement and proximity to enemies that could ruin your bonus. Wouldn't work for range weapons as the first person mode would make rifles and bows unstoppable killing machines.

Remedy
Nov 17, 2007, 07:50 PM
Ways to fix FT damage potential

1) Let multiple target hitting techs (Gi-, Ra-, Damu-, Nosu-, and Barta/Zonde/Megid) strike multiple target points on the same enemy

2) Reduce the TP to damage ratio from 5:1 to 4:1

Voila, class fixed

Xencia
Nov 17, 2007, 07:59 PM
Well,that may fix it,but he's asking for gameplay gimmicks to fix it,not a change to the base mechanics. So that techs have a 'fun' thing they can do too,similar to Just Attack,rather then just having maximum power all the time with each cast.

Remedy
Nov 17, 2007, 08:02 PM
I'm happy enough with Just Counter, to be honest.

Rizen
Nov 17, 2007, 08:14 PM
On 2007-11-17 17:02, Remedy wrote:
I'm happy enough with Just Counter, to be honest.

And you didnt believe me before. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Remedy
Nov 17, 2007, 08:16 PM
I never said anything bad about Just Counter. I knew it was going to be ridiculously awesome, especially after seeing videos that were made for my from my importer buddies demonstrating it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

So much Gizonde... <3

aquafire
Nov 17, 2007, 09:59 PM
Eh..it'd be nice if techers had some type of JA....seeing as how fighters and their JA put FT's DPS down a bit more when compared to FFs, etc....imo.