PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Ever wonder how people in US parties even make

Broodstar1337
Nov 17, 2007, 06:23 PM
So today I felt like doing HIVE runs to give myself a little break from buff parties and running seabeds. I head off to True Darkness and enter a party

So I join, I say "hi", and then I'm booted.

I join another party. I say "hi". The people in the party ask each other if I'm a friend of theirs. Since I'm not, I'm booted.

Happens a lot. When the 1up Cup took off, I didn't miss this stupidity one bit. I have to experience it again, but I sure as hell don't welcome it with open arms.

You want a party of friends? Put a password on it. Ever wonder how you got those friends to begin with? Probably from playing random games.

Is my enjoyment not worth my money? Am I not allowed to play with anybody anymore? Apparently not until I become friends with people, which never fucking happens because every time I enter a party, I'm booted before anyone even gets the chance to get to know me. Man fuck this shit.

I'd ask you guys to play with me, but we're not friends rofl XD.

No seriously, PSU's full of idiots.

-
No hate speech please. Anger is ok but different adjectives do the same job.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-11-18 16:04 ]</font>

PhotonDrop
Nov 17, 2007, 07:59 PM
Making friends outside of the game can be a big help. Another lovely alternative would be to let people come to you, make your own rooms. Being cynical never helped anything <.<

Zabrio
Nov 17, 2007, 08:25 PM
i always accept whoever wants to join and if leader is like that I leave and go join the guy that got booted

Jakosifer
Nov 18, 2007, 05:20 AM
Eh, I haven't been in a random party for a looong time simply because of idiocy like that. If my friends arent on, or are busy doing their own thing, I just solo. (THANKFULLY with the new update its less annoying to solo, JA Moubu and Assault Crush <3)

<_< But yea, the community on the US Side sucks major balls.

Darkly
Nov 18, 2007, 07:11 AM
I tend to run with one friend most of the time on psu, so i can create a party and people join me, seen as i don't randomly boot people i don't know if you ever see characters Kryugen or Butter - my friend you are safe to join.

thunder-ray
Nov 18, 2007, 07:19 AM
well for one not everybody in psu are idiots. your just having bad luck running into assholes at the momment it happens to all of the people that are nice. i know the feeling of running into people that are ether jackasses or are emo and bring their problems to psu and take them out on random players. i wouldn't let it bother you you'll find some good people and the assholes who play for the wrong reasons will quit after awhile.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-11-18 16:04 ]</font>

Zabrio
Nov 18, 2007, 07:28 AM
On 2007-11-18 04:11, Darkly wrote:
I tend to run with one friend most of the time on psu, so i can create a party and people join me, seen as i don't randomly boot people i don't know if you ever see characters Kryugen or Butter - my friend you are safe to join.

I'll keep an eye out for those names

On 2007-11-18 04:19, thunder-ray wrote:
well for one not everybody in psu are idiots. your just having bad luck running into assholes at the momment it happens to all of the people that are nice. i know the feeling of running into people that are ether jackasses or are emo and bring their problems to psu and take them out on random players. i wouldn't let it bother you you'll find some good people and the assholes who play for the wrong reasons will quit after awhile.

I 100% agree with Thunderray not everone is a complete jerk there are still those nice poeple on PSU just keep searching and you shall find some also if you see Zaro II or Zabatos II or any of my charaters I never boot unless I have a good reason (like the person that joined is one of the people mentioned in Thunderray's post)

Mystil
Nov 18, 2007, 08:59 AM
Most people in the game will befriend you if you're an ass. Others will befriend you if you have good gear. Then there are those who believe that anyone who isn't thier friend, is a noob and not worth playing with. I'm been in randoms all my life and have seen ALL the flavors of people and thier some what twisted definitions of friendship as well as teamwork.

StrongFiend
Nov 18, 2007, 12:57 PM
Lol i no boot either, and i know what your going through i keep getting booted from any party i join on true darkness, so now im playing gh3 till the expansion, If you ever see Beastie Boy, I always need an invite http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Freeze
Nov 18, 2007, 06:48 PM
I haven't been booted, yet but then I don't join too many parties unless invited. I never boot any one who joins me, all are welcome.

Nyreal
Nov 18, 2007, 07:35 PM
People are stupid. You're much more likely to make friends with the people who won't kick you.

Taris
Nov 19, 2007, 01:19 PM
I hope people realize that in this game, just like many other 360 games (or any other online game, for that matter), there is a population of sociopaths (no other word better fits) that opens up a free-to-join game just for the perverse satisfaction of booting anyone who joins, and having a laugh at their expense. It's not just PSU. It happens everywhere else where it's applicable. Hell, it happened to me in Team Fortress 2 the other day, and the next moment, I joined a lobby filled with people who were literally just booted from the same game I was booted from, all of who had the same story.

Some dolt on Halo 3 was going on about how he was about to kick all of his team that wasn't him and his mate, until the fool realized that it was a Matchmaking game, not a Custom game, and he had no power to do anything to team mates whatsoever, so we all had a good laugh there... (Til he started teamkilling, then got booted for it. Then we started laughing again.)

omegapirate2k
Nov 19, 2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I must have gotten lucky with my random parties, and now I have a group that I run with all the time, and almost always have a friends online to play with.

Jaspaller
Nov 19, 2007, 01:41 PM
People are stupid. I've pretty much given up on Uni 1 and 2 unless I really need the PA frags or whatever. Otherwise I'd rather piece together a party from my list or solo.