PDA

View Full Version : What jerks (i shall not curse in this topic)

Zabrio
Nov 17, 2007, 08:21 PM
read this over then you will see what i am talking about http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21844203/?GT1=10547

How could someone be such a..........@#$!ing $@#hole
I hope there are different layers of Heck (some people consider that a curse word) and they go to the worst

Anyone who does that..... i mean if you want to know what she thinks soubt your child then ask around her school not do something so evil and heartless if you know she suffers from depression and ADD even if you don't know you still don'tdo such a thing, teenageers go through ups and downs in their lives and have mood swing (especially the girls) why the heck would you do such a #@$!ing evil thing. i am sorry if this is not aloud here if so just lock this thread and let me know

ABDUR101
Nov 17, 2007, 08:43 PM
I personally feel that myspace is no place for anyone under 18. To be 13 and using myspace is just stupid, because the world we live in harbors sexual predators and the internet is just their dining menu. The reality is; the 'boy' was fictitious and this young girl fell into the trap; what if this boy had been a pedophile? She'd just be another kid who was raped and murdered and later found dumped somewhere.

Aswell, you'll notice that it was three people in a family who were more or less playing with this girl, they all sent her messages under the profile of this boy, and they all had their share of fun I'm sure while they were leading her on. Just goes to show that when you put someone behind a computer, they can do anything and still have 'good intentions' and not worry about repercussions. I'm sure they did'nt intend for her to kill herself; but the fact that they led her on, portrayed themselves as her friend, and then betrayed that trust and just up and disappeared when she distinguished 'them' as someone to depend on.

Reality: This girl isn't the first that this has happened to, and won't be the last.

Powder Keg
Nov 17, 2007, 09:12 PM
Read that article a few days ago.

It's sick how an adult would do something like that, and they should have their names and address posted nationally.

One thing that has me concerned though is the child's parents not stepping up and thinking
Hmm, isn't it rather odd that this person after so long was never met, or never talked to personally or even CONTACTED by the parents? They'd certainly have a land line by then
Or "Hmm, her entire mood changes based upon the words sent from this mysterious person." At the point the harassment started, she should not have been allowed on myspace if it affects her in such a way.

Why should the parents have been more responsible? Well, there's no way to tell that your child was going to commit suicide (reading that her first attempt was the only) but there are serious issues that need to be closely monitored if something as minor as words on the internet can affect someone in such a way. Especially for a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD with ADD and other issues. How would this child have fared come highschool, where criticism and trash-talking are mostly at their worst?

I agree with most of what Abdur said, you can't blame myspace for something like this. But it honestly doesn't matter what the age limit is on this website, people are going to sign up regardless, and that's where the parents have to step in and ensure their kids are safe.

omegapirate2k
Nov 17, 2007, 09:16 PM
Wow, that's pretty fucked up!

Broodstar1337
Nov 17, 2007, 09:27 PM
I read that article and I laughed my ass off. Seriously, teens these days need to remember what's really worth killing themselves over... being grounded.

Bitey
Nov 18, 2007, 02:34 AM
Long story short, the parents of the dead girl sheltered her too much. I honestly cannot believe that somebody with a healthy social life could ever kill themselves over a MySpace breakup. My guess is that MySpace was the only reliable way the poor girl could even "get out" and be on her own.

Orange_Coconut
Nov 18, 2007, 03:51 AM
Everyone leads different lives. While it may seem ridiculous that she murdered herself over the incident, it's from whatever perspective you're coming from. I don't think death is laughable in any way, different people have different problems. I personally agree, I think that anyone in their right mind would have been able to get through this with minimal damage. But I think that there were feelings of hope and probably relief of having someone like that, she was very young and very naive.

What I find sad is that the parents are now splitting up. I don't know what the other child's mother was trying to do, even if she wanted to know what was being said about her child the best thing probably would've been to talk to her own child about what was happening and helping him/her through whatever happened. It sounded as though this girl had been mean to the other womans' child, but I wouldn't say making a false identity and befriending your own son/daughter's friend then insulting her is the way to go about it.

Zabrio
Nov 18, 2007, 07:23 AM
so basicly the world is an #@$%#

Meyfei
Nov 18, 2007, 09:35 AM
a butter knife to all men who do horrible things online... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

omegapirate2k
Nov 18, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-11-18 06:35, Meyfei wrote:
a butter knife to all men who do horrible things online... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

The woman who created the fake profile has not been charged with a crime.

k

Powder Keg
Nov 18, 2007, 05:57 PM
On 2007-11-18 08:32, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-11-18 06:35, Meyfei wrote:

The woman who created the fake profile has not been charged with a crime.

k

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

astuarlen
Nov 18, 2007, 06:33 PM
Beyond being appalled by the actions of the three children (any adult who engages in such manipulative, junior-high-level assholery obviously has the maturity of a fetal slug), I find it interesting that the article repeatedly mentions MySpace but never once says what type of medication she was on at the time. (Okay, I realize this might be seen as a privacy issue, but read on!) As many of you are probably aware, certain depression medications are have been shown to increase suicidal inclinations, especially in young people. I'm not saying "blame the meds!", because clearly this is a case of multiple factors. Yet as far as I'm concerned, the fact that this manipulation was done through MySpace--hell, via the Internet at all--is basically irrelevant; at the least, it's no more relevant than any treatment she might have been receiving for depression and ADD.
I also have to wonder to what extent her mother was monitoring her online communications and how she may or may not have acted on that information (not that I approve of the former, but if you're going to pry into your teens' private lives, it might as well be worth something).
Oh well, can't really tell much from a short article anyway, aside from the fact that the "Josh" family is pretty fucked up.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 18, 2007, 08:07 PM
On 2007-11-17 23:34, Bitey wrote:
Long story short, the parents of the dead girl sheltered her too much. I honestly cannot believe that somebody with a healthy social life could ever kill themselves over a MySpace breakup. My guess is that MySpace was the only reliable way the poor girl could even "get out" and be on her own.

I think you're onto something with this. There is a rather big question here, and it is this: why did this young woman resort to MySpace to fulfill her romantic needs? I've done the online dating thing as well as the in-person, "holy crap, I can touch you" dating thing, and quite frankly, the online dating thing is a last-resort substitute, at best.

I'm not one that buys into the idea that conditions like Depression and ADD are genetically inspired. I think those are things that are inspired by environment and conditioning-- Depression, especially. Throwing drugs at it, it seems to me, is a disgusting thing to do. It doesn't solve the problem, it only masks it. You can't just stick some anti-depressants in your kid's cookie, and expect that to fix everything. The fact is that the problem making her depressed is still there, and if you want to fix it, then you need to sit down with the kid and fucking talk it out. It's better to clean out the litter box, than to continuously spray air freshener in the air.

Banish
Nov 19, 2007, 10:57 AM
But really, on the net, there aren't really friends. Just associates. Cyber-bulling seems quite common these days, so stay away from those kindof activities. Real dumb decision to die over a dispute and die of a hoax, even though she thought is was real, shouldn't of bothered anyway.

On 2007-11-18 04:23, Zaro wrote:
so basicly the world is an #@$%#

And yeah, this world is NOT a safe place...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2007-11-19 08:00 ]</font>

Novenia
Nov 21, 2007, 11:29 AM
Honestly MySpace has become ridiculous and I try to beat it into my friend's and family's heads that MySpace/FaceBook/MiGente or whatever you use to socialize for people.

I try to tell them that MySpace can either make you or break you. Yeah sure you get popular and you get people putting you on their top 8 and you become their idle and your buddies are all on there. But honestly I don't like the fact that you post pictures of yourself and basically tell everything about yourself on a internet page. Maybe posting pictures isn't bad but to post all the other information goes too far in my opinion. There are people out there who can bypass your friend's only viewing and keylog your passwords and your friend's passwords....So you aren't safe no matter how hard you try to make your MySpace private from people other than your friends.

There was this one time I was watching the Tyra show and they were talking of this girl who had a MySpace, she said she was safe because she kept it friends only and she would post her DAILY SCHEDULE on myspace so her friends would know where she is etc.

That's pushing it too far...

I do not ever plan to ever get a myspace.

I used to take what people said on te internet seriously but now I could care less. I really don't mind if you go on PSU and tell me I have no life and that I'm the worst person you ever knew. People on PSU don't bother me because they don't reach me in my real life. I learned to just ignore it because honestly internet drama is overrated. I stay away from that. I'm very content with my life but my internet life is seperate. The only people I share my real life with on the internet are those very close to me that I've known for many years.

I honestly don't understand why people can't take it when people talk shit to them on a video game. People let their emotions interfere with a game. Getting overly pissed about a synthesis that failed or something along those lines.

I know this person who I play with sometimes because she is friends with my best friend but whenever he decides to come play with me rather than her she gets pissed and starts bitching. Or if you do something that irks her. But from what I herd she hardly does anything in her real life other than play video games. So I could care less of her.

Regardless internet is fun and hilarious.

Mystil
Nov 21, 2007, 02:16 PM
Myspace is too depressing.