PDA

View Full Version : As amazing as the shop search is, it could use one more thin

Remedy
Nov 18, 2007, 12:10 AM
A sub-sort. Example: I'm searching for Rabol Asteds, because they're the best armor ever for FTs. (so much EVP) I set that I'd like to find Rabol Asted Ground, sorting by attribute rate. Now, I find a lot of 24% Earth Asteds, but they're all over the place in prices, and a nice 300k one is hidden within the stupid 5m and 8m prices. Thusly, the shop search should be changed eventually to include a subsort, so I can go:

Search Name: Rabol Asted Ground
Primary Sort: Attribute Rate
Subsort: Price

And the 300k 24% Asted will come up before the 5 million one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Good idea, at least I thought. :3

MattMattic
Nov 18, 2007, 12:11 AM
i beleive you can sort by price, lowest to highest

yes you can, go to sort setting and select price from the list, it list items from lowest price to highest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MattMattic on 2007-11-17 21:16 ]</font>

disneyland
Nov 18, 2007, 12:12 AM
MEIRA-EDIT: http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2007-11-17 21:17 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 18, 2007, 12:14 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:11, MattMattic wrote:
i beleive you can sort by price, lowest to highestCorrect, but you cannot do that at the same time as sorting by attribute rate. I'd much rather buy a 500k 30% than a 300k 20%, for example.

MattMattic
Nov 18, 2007, 12:17 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:14, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-11-17 21:11, MattMattic wrote:
i beleive you can sort by price, lowest to highestCorrect, but you cannot do that at the same time as sorting by attribute rate. I'd much rather buy a 500k 30% than a 300k 20%, for example.

oh ok i get what your saying

happychan
Nov 18, 2007, 12:24 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:10, Remedy wrote:
A sub-sort. Example: I'm searching for Rabol Asteds, because they're the best armor ever for FTs. (so much EVP) I set that I'd like to find Rabol Asted Ground, sorting by attribute rate. Now, I find a lot of 24% Earth Asteds, but they're all over the place in prices, and a nice 300k one is hidden within the stupid 5m and 8m prices. Thusly, the shop search should be changed eventually to include a subsort, so I can go:

And the 300k 24% Asted will come up before the 5 million one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I agree with this. I am really disappointed with the new conditional shop search. The new system does not have nearly the amount of satisfaction as the previous system. All of the best players will understand what I am talking about when I say that getting good equipment should require a large amount of effort and dedication. It is a sad state of affairs when any scrub can get top tier gear without putting in any effort, and just makes it harder for those of us who are willing to put in the effort to get the good deals we so richly deserve. Really this is just one of Sega's many steps to dumb down the game to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

And don't even get me started about how this is ruining the prices on fortetecher gear. Maybe they should spend more time figuring out how to stop screwing over fortetechers with every change they make.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 18, 2007, 12:26 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:20, Zakikun wrote:
bitches dont know bout ur rabol asted

Old is ooooooold

Anyway, I think another good thing to add to the search function would be to list the quantity of the items, such as mats, consumables, photons, etc.

For example:

You notice two people are selling Ban Photons for 2,000 a piece, HOWEVER..Shop A only has two and you need 10, but you didn't know that Shop A only had two photons, while Shop B had a supply of 83.

That's really the only other thing I could think of. It would save me a trip, anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Dhylec
Nov 18, 2007, 12:27 AM
Heh, we got the search now, the next option is to buy from your room? No need to leave, why go when you can search, sorted & have it delivered to ya? ;3

Remedy
Nov 18, 2007, 12:27 AM
Oh, so you mean like eBay? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zakikun
Nov 18, 2007, 12:28 AM
guys this new search function is soo dumb now people wont buy my overpriced armor sega u better fix this or else everyone will quit again

DraginHikari
Nov 18, 2007, 12:29 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:24, happychan wrote:

On 2007-11-17 21:10, Remedy wrote:

I agree with this. I am really disappointed with the new conditional shop search. The new system does not have nearly the amount of satisfaction as the previous system. All of the best players will understand what I am talking about when I say that getting good equipment should require a large amount of effort and dedication. It is a sad state of affairs when any scrub can get top tier gear without putting in any effort, and just makes it harder for those of us who are willing to put in the effort to get the good deals we so richly deserve. Really this is just one of Sega's many steps to dumb down the game to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

And don't even get me started about how this is ruining the prices on fortetecher gear. Maybe they should spend more time figuring out how to stop screwing over fortetechers with every change they make.

Wait, your telling me the old system of having to search through 25+ shops for overpriced garbage was a better system?

McLaughlin
Nov 18, 2007, 12:30 AM
Here's an idea: Search by price and raise your price up until you find something you like for a price you like.

Aka
Nov 18, 2007, 12:32 AM
Yeah duh, change the upper and lower price limits to a range that suits what you're willing to pay for. That's what I did to buy up all the cheaper Diads.

Nyreal
Nov 18, 2007, 12:33 AM
Pfft. I've seen prices rise because of the shop search... But people are stupid, so hey...

bahk
Nov 18, 2007, 12:34 AM
No, what the shop search system needs is the ability to detect [B] Storm line. It can pull up already made ones fine but it just won't get the board, and people are selling them.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 18, 2007, 12:36 AM
That's weird. Just try typing in, "Stormline" instead, not, "[B]Storm line". When I'm looking for boards, I'll just search for something like, "Huge Cutter" and if someone is selling the board, then naturally, in one of the results, I will see, "[B]" beside the name.

I'd just say do that instead of complaining about the system not being perfect http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Remedy
Nov 18, 2007, 12:37 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:34, bahk wrote:
No, what the shop search system needs is the ability to detect [B] Storm line. It can pull up already made ones fine but it just won't get the board, and people are selling them.Name: Storm Line
Type: Board

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 18, 2007, 12:38 AM
Yeah, okay..that works too.

XD

bahk
Nov 18, 2007, 12:46 AM
...What?
I've tried both of those ideas though. I wouldn't have bothered mentioning it if something that obvious worked.
Well what the heck...

Dhylec
Nov 18, 2007, 01:14 AM
Ok, closed by request.