PDA

View Full Version : the economy would be more balanced if people sell items this

Saner
Nov 18, 2007, 12:17 AM
the number of stars would determine the price.

1 star = 10 meseta
2 stars = 20 meseta
3 stars = 30 meseta
4 stars = 40 meseta
5 stars = 50 meseta

etc. etc. even for the synthesis materials. That's what I did back then and many were happy to shop at my humble and wuvable store. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

so ya, maybe more people will be reasonable when selling any items and stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xaeris
Nov 18, 2007, 12:23 AM
Really now...say, what's the name of your shop character?

Soulvayne
Nov 18, 2007, 12:24 AM
well the shop search function will have an effect on the economy I would think. Might see alot of people undercutting one another in an attempt to sellt their stuff.

Syl
Nov 18, 2007, 12:25 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:24, Soulvayne wrote:
well the shop search function will have an effect on the economy I would think. Might see alot of people undercutting one another in an attempt to sellt their stuff.

I'm already doing that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Retehi
Nov 18, 2007, 12:25 AM
Did he just say "wuvable"?

DraginHikari
Nov 18, 2007, 12:26 AM
Sure maybe when we find the cure for Human stupidity XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2007-11-17 21:26 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 18, 2007, 12:28 AM
nothing lasts forever, times have changed and so has the economy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 18, 2007, 12:28 AM
After reading this thread, I believe now I know why her Mood is set to, "Optimistic". It's a nice thought, but good luck getting everyone to do it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

McLaughlin
Nov 18, 2007, 12:32 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:25, Retehi wrote:
Did he just say "wuvable"?

You must be new here.

shotsfired
Nov 18, 2007, 12:52 AM
ahhh, capitalism....

Hokokaru
Nov 18, 2007, 12:56 AM
ummmm a 10* for 100 dollars? thats like buying a lot of crimsons and NPCing them for the 45K each lol

Weak
Nov 18, 2007, 01:08 AM

Well, honestly, It would lower the inflation.

hypersaxon
Nov 18, 2007, 02:03 AM
I usually sell stuff like this:

1-3 star = 25%
4-6 star = 50%
7-9 star = 75%
10-12 star = 100%

Of course, depending on what others are selling the items for, I would take that into account as well. I just kinda use the above as a baseline.

Wallin
Nov 18, 2007, 02:46 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:17, Saner wrote:
the number of stars would determine the price.

1 star = 10 meseta
2 stars = 20 meseta
3 stars = 30 meseta
4 stars = 40 meseta
5 stars = 50 meseta

etc. etc. even for the synthesis materials. That's what I did back then and many were happy to shop at my humble and wuvable store. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

so ya, maybe more people will be reasonable when selling any items and stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Umm... wow... so for one round of HSM on C I could own every single 10* item in the game. Sweet, sign me up!

Krisan
Nov 18, 2007, 02:49 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:56, Hokokaru wrote:
ummmm a 10* for 100 dollars? thats like buying a lot of crimsons and NPCing them for the 45K each lol

I'm pretty sure those numbers weren't meant literally, so much as an example of a clean incrementing format.. And honestly, I used to follow this example too in my old shop. I'd sell things based on their star rating and give them a set price, with 1 stars all being very cheap, and each star higher going up by so and so amount.. (though, I also had different pricing categories depending on what the items were.. such as, all consumables followed one scheme, all synth mats followed another, each weapon type had their own, and so on..) My store used to be very popular and I made quite a bit of fast money off it.

When I reopen my store in AoI, I intend to continue my old trend and sell things at reasonably low but profitable prices.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-11-17 23:54 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Nov 18, 2007, 09:38 AM
Oh sure, it's a great idea, but eventually, you'll run into the problem I have run into... If you sell your stuff at REASONABLE prices, eventually you don't have anything, and you don't have any meseta to show for it. And few people selling higher ranked stuff sell it at REASONABLE prices- unless you think saying "Well, these 10 shops are selling it for 10 mil, I'll sell it for 8!" is reasonable marketing...

Meanwhile, I'm stuck with an A pallette... At least I made my Nafri senba, I couldn't afford to buy one!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2007-11-18 06:39 ]</font>

Soulless
Nov 18, 2007, 09:47 AM
@ 1st post: Learn something about economy... PLEASE!

Hey12389
Nov 18, 2007, 09:58 AM
well as soon as people realize ray photons dont really sell for 2k ....

Raine_Loire
Nov 18, 2007, 10:01 AM
@Soulless If EVERYONE priced their stuff like this, there would be no need to make gigantic profits from rares, because people would earn sufficient money from doing runs to get what they need.

Unfortunately, this would fail for the same reason communism does... there's always SOMEONE who wants all the money. So you'd have some jerk buying all the rare drops for low prices then pricing them for high, and no one would have the money to buy any of them. They'd make a character called Castro, and rule over everyone else. It would be terrible.

But it's a nice theory.

Krisan
Nov 18, 2007, 10:07 AM
I'll still keep my prices reasonably low regardless. It is a bit of the principle to it that matters to me.. I just feel better knowing that I'm not ripping people off, even if everyone and their granny insists to follow the grossly inflated theme of the economy. *shrugs*

Besides, I figure I'll do well enough to stay afloat at least.. especially in AoI, with all these changes. The new synth rates allow me to make whatever I need now by myself.. and the ele % adjustment means I don't necessarily need to shoot for really high %'s anymore either. Sure, I'll still have a time getting any rares, but I figure I can stay mostly self sufficient if worse comes to worse. I'm a very patient individual.

Soulless
Nov 18, 2007, 10:32 AM
If everyone priced his stuff like this you wouldnt get anything unless your lucky enough to be the first to enter a shop after someone put something in it. I guess the chance to get a catilium now is MUCH higher than it would be if it was sold for 10 meseta. Simply because 100 times more ppl need catilium than there is. So right now you either decide to spend the meseta or you wait for the price to drop (.. or farm it yourself) - instead of not getting any unless your the lucky 1%.

-Asheth-
Nov 18, 2007, 10:36 AM
I think when the shop search and AOTI are all implemented I think at first things will lower in price at least S-Ranks from the 1up. There is going to be a flood of middle to high % weapons being synthed and sold this will keep the market down.

Also the prices for grinded weapons will go down because there is no longer a risk involved so I think most people now would rather take the chance themselves since they wont lose the weapon.

I'm sure there are alot of people just sitting on S-Rank boards to synth them when 360 gets the update. Some will hold out for 1-up rewards some will not. I think things will settle down now as far as prices go. I believe what you may see is a slight rise in ingredient costs for materials that cant be bought at the NPC.

Kinako78
Nov 18, 2007, 12:49 PM
On 2007-11-17 21:25, SylviaEspada wrote:

On 2007-11-17 21:24, Soulvayne wrote:

I'm already doing that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ditto. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Krisan
Nov 18, 2007, 12:56 PM
On 2007-11-18 07:32, Soulless wrote:
If everyone priced his stuff like this you wouldnt get anything unless your lucky enough to be the first to enter a shop after someone put something in it. I guess the chance to get a catilium now is MUCH higher than it would be if it was sold for 10 meseta. Simply because 100 times more ppl need catilium than there is. So right now you either decide to spend the meseta or you wait for the price to drop (.. or farm it yourself) - instead of not getting any unless your the lucky 1%.

As things are now, the prices of most items keep them from EVER moving off store shelves.. They're just stagnating needlessly right now. So yea, I'd rather see people lower their prices to a reasonable level and watch items fly around to the people who actually need it than see it sit in someones store for months at some ridiculous price or another..

Regardless, it is a moot point entirely, since not everyone is going to lower their prices no matter how idealistic someone is. The economy is going to be forced to level out a bit though as AoI's influence begins to spread.. though just how much of a difference that will bring is yet to be seen.

Arowind91
Nov 18, 2007, 12:59 PM
As long as people sell stuff for 9999999 the economy will never change.

Foxfire15
Nov 18, 2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah, some of the item prices are just nuts. The thing that really gets to me though, is finding mats that the NPC sells. I guess no one ever checks, but I'm not gonna pay you 100k for a Nanoresin when I can buy it from the NPC for 7.5k >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxfire15 on 2007-11-18 10:01 ]</font>

Kinako78
Nov 18, 2007, 01:05 PM
That happened to me yesterday. I was in the market for a Cubo Upinde for Siara and was hoping to find one for less then the NPC shop (90k), but the cheapest in the player shop was 150k. Needless to say, I just bought it from the NPC.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 18, 2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah, it's sad really..people still trying to sell a Tero / Guard for into the millions when you can just buy it from an NPC for less than 50K http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Schubalts
Nov 18, 2007, 02:23 PM
If there are people stupid enough to buy the Tero units that are in shops, I want to meet them so I can make a bigbig profit!

Dragwind
Nov 18, 2007, 02:33 PM
I think its a great feature. Now those who want to sell just have to look up the item, and compare prices. It can now be done fairly quickly and it sure as hell should help the economy eventually. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Lamak
Nov 18, 2007, 02:35 PM
Meh, I've made around 20m from simply undercutting. More money for me.

Broodstar1337
Nov 18, 2007, 04:46 PM
There is no clear cut way to determine a good price for items. You just have to research prices and then price your stock to sell. People see that pricing goods for lower works and they'll try to beat or match your prices. Eventually, there's a fixed point where items will settle down on until the market changes again.

At least, that's how things are supposed to work.

majan
Nov 18, 2007, 04:56 PM
you know,I was ready the other day to make a thread about selling things for 9999999999 ,or saying in your shop ad S BOARDS NFS ....well,if they are NFS,what the fuck are they doing in your shop?but I came to the conclusion that it wasnt even close to bringing it up for discussion since none of htis will be a probelm on tuesday,when we download AOI (or get the cd for some of us) onto our xbox's and ps2 and pcs.now,we will be able to sift through the pricks that put things up in a shop that are not for sale.

it also solves the probelm of overpricing of course,and it is going to have a hugely widespread effect ont he economy because now people are going to be able to search for reasonably priced shops,and then this will have an effect on people who sell vulcaline for 15k when their shit literally stops selling cold,immediately.it will be a glorious thing when it finally all falls into place on tuesday but once everybody knows how to work the shop search function boy oh boy is this economy going to have a nice little revival.

KnightHunter
Nov 18, 2007, 05:07 PM
Even just fair prices. Some people get outrageous. I don't really try to undercut people. I just want my stuff moved. The highest price Synth item I have is 1000. Im only level 7 though too. The photons I have are only at 150.

Zorafim
Nov 18, 2007, 05:09 PM
I really love the new item system now. People who overprice will never get anything sold, while people who underprice will sell their things too quickly. Eventually, an equilibrium will be reached, and things will be sold for what they're supposed to be sold for. I already see Kerselines being sold for 300.

Another good thing is, I know what to sell my items for now. I can actually sell things. People enter my shop, and buy my items, as opposed to sneering at me. It's great!

majorgamer55
Nov 18, 2007, 05:35 PM
you have a weird.... way of selling but.... anywho... first whats your shop name? and second we just need to wait it out so when people buy out srank mats and they use them and fail the synth, then that means the money dies out slowly.... we will get there..... also this wouldnt of never happened if it werent for no dirty hackers....

Saner
Nov 18, 2007, 05:43 PM
oh that was long ago, they probably deleted my character looong ago.

but anyways yeah I'm working on bake sales to afford the expansion and fee again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I can afford it now! but I'll probably wait till next month.

Zorafim
Nov 18, 2007, 05:50 PM
Out of curiosity, when you played, did you use only Zondial?

majan
Nov 18, 2007, 05:59 PM
On 2007-11-18 14:09, Zorafim wrote:
I really love the new item system now. People who overprice will never get anything sold, while people who underprice will sell their things too quickly. Eventually, an equilibrium will be reached, and things will be sold for what they're supposed to be sold for. I already see Kerselines being sold for 300.

Another good thing is, I know what to sell my items for now. I can actually sell things. People enter my shop, and buy my items, as opposed to sneering at me. It's great!

yes.

StKkilo
Nov 18, 2007, 06:28 PM
lmao! so in for example according to your theory all 10 star weapons should be 1000 meseta?.......

Saner
Nov 18, 2007, 06:34 PM
On 2007-11-18 14:50, Zorafim wrote:
Out of curiosity, when you played, did you use only Zondial?

oh I never used Force class online.

it was only until I played a lot of extra mode afterwards that I really had fun with Force class, but I'm still a Hunter at heart. and I don't recall using Zondial much, or even remember buying it.

StKkilo, actually 10 star weapons should be 100 meseta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

but ya of course people will sell them for more. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kylie
Nov 18, 2007, 06:38 PM
Works for lower star synth mats, but the higher ones are best done like they are. Economies work on cash flow and competition... with the new shop system, I'm sure prices will go down soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-11-18 15:39 ]</font>

Lamak
Nov 18, 2007, 06:41 PM
I can't wait until Catilium is not 2m! :|

Zorafim
Nov 18, 2007, 06:47 PM
On 2007-11-18 15:34, Saner wrote:

it was only until I played a lot of extra mode afterwards that I really had fun with Force class, but I'm still a Hunter at heart. and I don't recall using Zondial much, or even remember buying it.

Bah. What's the point of being called Saner if you don't even use the speed boost spell?

Broodstar1337
Nov 18, 2007, 06:50 PM
On 2007-11-18 15:38, Kylie wrote:
Works for lower star synth mats, but the higher ones are best done like they are. Economies work on cash flow and competition... with the new shop system, I'm sure prices will go down soon.

In real life, people generally have an idea of where to go for a better deal than most other places. If they see a place where they can get the same good for a better price, they'll buy from said location who sells same good for good price. It wasn't like that in PSU until now, and now we're gonna start getting half-decent shop competition because of it.

zandra117
Nov 18, 2007, 07:19 PM
Most elemental photons on xbox360 sell in player shops from 500 meseta to 1000 meseta, unless the shopkeeper is a noob.

Saner
Nov 18, 2007, 07:24 PM
On 2007-11-18 15:47, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-11-18 15:34, Saner wrote:

Bah. What's the point of being called Saner if you don't even use the speed boost spell?

cause it isn't called saner? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

well I don't remember cause it's been a long time but if its the Zonde spell that I used often, I wouldn't know now cause I was busy with PSIV and other stuff for a long tiem, so I can't remember all the details,

but a true Saner is speedy enough without a boost spell. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zorafim
Nov 18, 2007, 07:26 PM
But, saner is a boost spell...?

-Asheth-
Nov 18, 2007, 07:35 PM
What Im wondering about is will you see low % 8* and 9* Weapons retain there value more because of the elemental adjustment.

I personally think that 8* and 9* High percent weapons will lose value slightly not much but just a little but lower percent weapons i.e. 14-18% Will actually increase slightly do to the fact that they are more effective than before

hypersaxon
Nov 19, 2007, 02:07 AM
On 2007-11-18 16:26, Zorafim wrote:
But, saner is a boost spell...?

Way back in Phantasy Star IV, yeah.

And I doubt I'm gonna sell anything as cheap as Saner suggested, because you gotta keep in mind the cost of actually producing things like weapons, like how much the materials that went into your weapon cost. If you're not making your money back, you're losing money which is not smart business.

Ahkaskar
Nov 19, 2007, 10:43 AM
I feel sorry for the people who are trying to sell synthesized equipment. Some 7-9* items are going for far less than they should, and 9* equipment for any less than 50k is literally charity. The pre-synth market is leveling out nicely, but the post-synth market is in terrible shape. (PC/PS2, I might add--I can't speak for 360)

I've been trying to figure out how to price post-synth, but the striking weapon market might be in need of divine intervention before that arena is tenable. If one were to go through the calculations, the old price schemes of around 120-150k were actually reasonable.

Nisshoku
Nov 19, 2007, 11:32 AM
What I usually try to do when I sell something in my shop, is look to see if NPC stores have it, and if so, I usually cut the price for it by half, and a little more. Now with a better price search function, I haven't really tried any selling according to some prices I see, but I usually mark it down to a little less than what I see in said list.

I figure if they're looking for a good deal, why not give them one?

Kylie
Nov 19, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-11-18 15:50, Broodstar1337 wrote:

On 2007-11-18 15:38, Kylie wrote:

In real life, people generally have an idea of where to go for a better deal than most other places. If they see a place where they can get the same good for a better price, they'll buy from said location who sells same good for good price. It wasn't like that in PSU until now, and now we're gonna start getting half-decent shop competition because of it.

Exactly. That's my whole point. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif The prices were kind of rediculous before, but I honestly blamed the system more so than I did the shopkeepers. Searching by condition not only makes things more realistic, but it also makes things a lot better for everyone. More people will buy, more things will sell, everyone's happy - well, except the handful of people that used the old system to get rich quick.