PDA

View Full Version : I hate to do another "Ask the AoI people" thread, but...

bahk
Nov 18, 2007, 12:25 AM
This is bothering me a lot.
Do parties even take fortegunners with them anymore? From what I'm seeing now they're completely outdone in every way now. Stun doesn't matter when everything dies in seconds. Same with SEs. Damage is laughable to melee. Range isn't needed when everything dies before it can attack.

Is the only choice left to go melee? Or maybe guntecher to at least offer support? I know, it's just a game, don't take the damage too seriously, etc, but it ceases being fun if my only purpose in a party is spraying brightly colored balls around the room. And it'll be even worse if no one even wants me because of my bright balls.

How is Japan handling this situation partywise?

Nyreal
Nov 18, 2007, 12:31 AM
One would assume that this kind of Elitism wouldn't occur in Japan... But I'll let someone with experience answer that one.

Jao
Nov 18, 2007, 12:43 AM
we will always need gunners=/

February
Nov 18, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:31, Nyreal wrote:
One would assume that this kind of Elitism wouldn't occur in Japan... But I'll let someone with experience answer that one.

Class elitism isn't even this bad outside of PSOW to be honest.

Nai_Calus
Nov 18, 2007, 12:47 AM
The only restrictions I've ever seen on party members in open games are the number of people allowed in the party period and occasionally the number of Forces. (A lot of open JP parties are limited to 4 people because of the PS2, rofl)

Never seen a single party that neither wanted nor could not benefit in some way from a FG.

However, the JP servers and the US/EU servers are entirely different beasts... No telling what kind of asshattery you'll get on your servers.

bahk
Nov 18, 2007, 01:00 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:47, Ian-KunX wrote:

Never seen a single party that neither wanted nor could not benefit in some way from a FG.

Well that's part of the question... How do they even help the party anymore? Flying bosses sure, but that seems to be it...

Segaholic2
Nov 18, 2007, 01:05 AM
I have a question for AOTI people: How much does the item warping service in lobbies cost?

Retehi
Nov 18, 2007, 01:05 AM
If I remember correctly, Fortefighters were frowned upon when S2 Labs came out in Japan, for that mission.

So yeah, I really don't think it's all sunshine, and pocky over there either.

mizukage
Nov 18, 2007, 02:59 AM
Choose whatever Guardian type you like, most people don't care about being elite or whatever..

On the contrary, it completely depends on the player and the comrades itself. Don't expect high levels to do missions with low levels, etc..

beatrixkiddo
Nov 18, 2007, 03:01 AM
On 2007-11-17 22:05, Segaholic2 wrote:
I have a question for AOTI people: How much does the item warping service in lobbies cost?

The same amount it costs on the US servers since the feature is now in place.

Unless you're on xbox 360, in which case lol.

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 03:11 AM
On 2007-11-17 22:05, Retehi wrote:
If I remember correctly, Fortefighters were frowned upon when S2 Labs came out in Japan, for that mission.

I agree, just because they're different, it doesn't mean that they can't have jerks. Japan has a much larger gaming community, and many more "hardcore" gamers then America does, so that makes me think, that they have the exact same chance of having as many unfair players, as we do. And, just as many nice ones.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 18, 2007, 03:13 AM
On 2007-11-18 00:11, Zantra wrote:

On 2007-11-17 22:05, Retehi wrote:

I agree, just because they're different, it doesn't mean that they can't have jerks. Japan has a much larger gaming community, and many more "hardcore" gamers then America does, so that makes me think, that they have the exact same chance of having as many unfair players, as we do. And, just as many nice ones.

Ian wears rose-tinted glasses when it comes to the Japanese servers, so you really should take what it says with a grain of salt anyway.

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 03:15 AM
My thing is, the Japan population of PSU, is way bigger than our population will ever be. So, more people equals more of a chance for some of those people to be complete A-holes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-18 00:16 ]</font>

Segaholic2
Nov 18, 2007, 03:19 AM
On 2007-11-18 00:01, beatrixkiddo wrote:

Where do I do this?

beatrixkiddo
Nov 18, 2007, 03:20 AM
The same faithful CAST lady who has warped you to lobbies in the past.

Segaholic2
Nov 18, 2007, 03:21 AM
Read my post again. I asked about warping items from lobbies, not warping myself to lobbies.

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 03:21 AM
On 2007-11-18 00:19, Segaholic2 wrote:

On 2007-11-18 00:01, beatrixkiddo wrote:

Where do I do this?

It hasn't been added yet, unless you're on PS2/PC I believe, and it's the same attendents that would send you to the other lobbies, just like it's always been.

Segaholic2
Nov 18, 2007, 03:23 AM
That is why I'm asking how much it costs. Thanks for the helpful replies.

On 2007-11-18 00:23, Zantra wrote:
No... you said "Where do I do this?" You didn't specify what you wanted to do, and if you did, then you were too vague, as we both thought you meant transfering yourself.

Thanks, next time try reading.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Segaholic2 on 2007-11-18 00:25 ]</font>

Zantra
On 2007-11-18 00:21, Segaholic2 wrote:
Read my post again. I asked about warping items from lobbies, not warping myself to lobbies.

Edit: Nevermind...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-18 00:24 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Oh :<

gg reading comprehension at 2AM

I don't recall how much that cost, sorry.

edit: And furthermore, it won't be available until you're on the AotI client.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-11-18 00:23 ]</font>

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 03:26 AM
On 2007-11-18 00:23, Segaholic2 wrote:
That is why I'm asking how much it costs. Thanks for the helpful replies.

On 2007-11-18 00:23, Zantra wrote:
No... you said "Where do I do this?" You didn't specify what you wanted to do, and if you did, then you were too vague, as we both thought you meant transfering yourself.

I eat babies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Segaholic2 on 2007-11-18 00:25 ]</font>

I don't see what that has to do with anything. And, you sure are asking for a lot, from people who are on the board late at night. Plus, AOTI isn't even out in the USA for 2 more days.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-18 00:29 ]</font>

Krisan
Nov 18, 2007, 03:27 AM
I wasn't aware it cost anything to send items to your room. I mean, afterall, it is just a convenience so you don't have to disband from your group to store junk.. So until someone comes in and says otherwise, I shouldn't think it costs anything.

Segaholic2
Nov 18, 2007, 03:28 AM
I don't see how asking what the cost of a game feature that has existed on the Japanese servers for a while now is "a lot."

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 03:28 AM
On 2007-11-18 00:27, Krisan wrote:
I wasn't aware it cost anything to send items to your room. I mean, afterall, it is just a convenience so you don't have to disband from your group to store junk.. So until someone comes in and says otherwise, I shouldn't think it costs anything.

AGREE'd

Zarode
Nov 18, 2007, 03:30 AM
Heh, I hope you guys arn't mistaking needing a class for class elitism... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 03:31 AM
On 2007-11-18 00:28, Segaholic2 wrote:
I don't see how asking what the cost of a game feature that has existed on the Japanese servers for a while now is "a lot."

Only 2 or 3 people on this board have played the japanese version of AOI. And, most of those people only did the japanese Beta, so you shouldn't assume that every single person on this board is going to know the answer to every stupid question that you can think of.

Segaholic2
Nov 18, 2007, 03:32 AM
Then maybe the people that don't know the answer shouldn't reply.

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 03:33 AM
On 2007-11-18 00:32, Segaholic2 wrote:
Then maybe the people that don't know the answer shouldn't reply. I still eat babies.

Maybe when you get your answer, you should just stop posting.

Krisan
Nov 18, 2007, 03:40 AM

I don't know why you seem so irritated over this, but as I said.. I have not heard anything over the months to suggest this costs anything at all, and see no reason why it should cost anything.. so, that said, safe to assume it is free.

Even if it does, it can't possibly cost much else it definitely would have come to be widespread knowledge by now, so I really wouldn't worry about it.

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 03:41 AM
On 2007-11-18 00:40, Krisan wrote:

I don't know why you seem so irritated over this, but as I said.. I have not heard anything over the months to suggest this costs anything at all, and see no reason why it should cost anything.. so, that said, safe to assume it is free.

Even if it does, it can't possibly cost much else it definitely would have come to be widespread knowledge by now, so I really wouldn't worry about it.

AGREE'd X2

Segaholic2
Nov 18, 2007, 03:43 AM
It definitely costs money. There's a screenshot on the official site at this page (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/game_lobby.php), accompanied by this text:

Within the many new lobbies, players will discover a system allowing them to deliver items from their inventory to their common boxes back home. For a small fee, players can lighten their load before venturing forth on their next adventure, without having to return to their room to free up space in their inventory.
The screenshot shows a fee of 300 meseta. I'm wondering if this is per item, or for as many items as you want, and if the cost varies. That is all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Segaholic2 on 2007-11-18 00:44 ]</font>

Krisan
Nov 18, 2007, 03:46 AM
Let's see.. Well judging from that and how PSU's menu system works, I'd say that's the total fee. If I had to guess though, you can probably only send a limited number of items per attempt. (Kind of like how you can only trade so many items at once..) *shrugs*

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 03:54 AM
It's either 300 per item (seems high) or 300 for everything you want to transfer (seems reasonable) I guess you'll get your answer in 2 days.

Soukosa
Nov 18, 2007, 04:35 AM
It really depends upon who you're playing and what they're doing. The general population doesn't care what the hell you play as long as you're decent with it and not holding everyone back constantly. The whole labs S2 thing was likely only done by those that were greedy for money and greed attracts the assholes, so yes you were gonna see asshats there.

On 2007-11-18 00:43, Segaholic2 wrote:
The screenshot shows a fee of 300 meseta. I'm wondering if this is per item, or for as many items as you want, and if the cost varies. That is all.

300 meseta for all the items you can cram into your shared storage. If the item you send to the storage goes into a stack (like monomates), it'll create a new stack for it, even if there's room in the current one. So you can abuse this to store stacks of things you can't put in shops or in presents, like PAFs. Also, all shops and not just the ones in the new lobbies have this option once you're using the illuminus client.

Nai_Calus
Nov 18, 2007, 04:50 AM
I neither play with assholes, nor do I play *like* an asshole, and consequently I have no problems. No rose-coloured glasses involved, just a general lack of asshattery from all sides.

And trust me, if anyone were going to kick anything, I'd think the underlevelled Newman fucking Fighgunner would be it. XP

But honestly, I have yet to see anyone kick anyone for anything. Probably because I read the rules before I join a group, and other people have the sense to read the rules as well. *shrug*

I've heard of some importers getting kicked for joining parties that already had their limit or joining No Charge parties and trying to play in them, but otherwise... Yeah, haven't found any jackassery, and I've played in parties on the JP version far more than I have on the US version, but with 0 assholes compared to the frequent assholes on US.

So forgive me if my mileage varies. XP

Zarode
Nov 18, 2007, 05:20 AM
On 2007-11-18 01:50, Ian-KunX wrote:
joining No Charge parties

No Charge parties? What's that? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Rashiid
Nov 18, 2007, 05:26 AM
Free lifts?
If one is so cheap they can't afford a lobby transfer....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

mvffin
Nov 18, 2007, 06:28 AM
no charge party is where you join a team and sit in the lobby. one or two people in the team actually do the mission, and they get more rewards from it, and the people in the lobby get free mp and mission rewards. it started because meseta drops increase with larger parties.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 18, 2007, 11:03 AM
I neither play with assholes, nor do I play *like* an asshole, and consequently I have no problems. No rose-coloured glasses involved, just a general lack of asshattery from all sides.

And trust me, if anyone were going to kick anything, I'd think the underlevelled Newman fucking Fighgunner would be it. XP

But honestly, I have yet to see anyone kick anyone for anything. Probably because I read the rules before I join a group, and other people have the sense to read the rules as well. *shrug*

I've heard of some importers getting kicked for joining parties that already had their limit or joining No Charge parties and trying to play in them, but otherwise... Yeah, haven't found any jackassery, and I've played in parties on the JP version far more than I have on the US version, but with 0 assholes compared to the frequent assholes on US.

So forgive me if my mileage varies. XP

Of course joining parties with lax rules works like that. But when I can check the busiest counters and see things like "Male Beast Only, 50% Only, No Techer", it's safe to say that US players aren't the only ones with some elitist players. Not to mention a good deal of the parties limited to 4 or 4+PM are like that so the meseta is shared between 4 people only, not always because of the PS2.

Clunker
Nov 18, 2007, 02:03 PM
Uh, forgive the odd question - but why would the JP games be limited to 4 spot parties due to the *PS2*? When I ran PSU on a PS2, I joined 6parties all the time?

kohelhunter
Nov 18, 2007, 02:17 PM
here is what i gotta say on the whole fortegunner thing. They are useful and always will be against the larger enimies of the game with the dots u get off their guns and traps and things. And on the elitist thing they make the game suck for everyone because they spread this shitty standard stuff throughout the game to others and make the game unenjoyable to others. I play the game to have fun not to be harrassed by some 12 year elitist.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
On 2007-11-18 01:35, Soukosa wrote:
The whole labs S2 thing was likely only done by those that were greedy for money and greed attracts the assholes, so yes you were gonna see asshats there.

Back when Labs S2 and subsequently Firebreak was THE hotspot, everyone was greedy for money since it was so hard to come by and since we got no haxeta -the majority of parties were FFx, Kyori knows best how he used to constantly whine about how every single open party was FFx.

I neither play with assholes, nor do I play *like* an asshole, and consequently I have no problems.

That's a Lie, you've played with me before... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But yeah, it's funny when someone random player joins a "full" party and runs 3 blocks to get to the party despite everyone telling them it's full and they'll have to leave. Some people obviously don't know what's being said when the other party members are like "He's not replying, he must be gaijin", everyone else goes "w", then the guy in question chimes in "w" just to fit in, excuse me but you're the one we're laughing at w.

But as far as elitism goes, most players are happy enough to simply leave party if there's too many weak players rather than cause a fuss over such a small thing, since there's other parties they can go to (which are usually always full), or they can simply start their own with their own rules. You're playing in a party and the churn rate is unusually high and it ain't anywhere near dinner time, something's up... I think AKIYO is the only one dumb enough to make a name for himself on the JP servers for saying dumb elitist things in parties.