PDA

View Full Version : People mentioned NPC AI, but is it my imagination or ...

F-Gattaca
Nov 18, 2007, 01:03 AM
... are monsters showing better teamwork now?

Training some of my Photon Arts in HIVE A solo, I found something which I have not seen before in Junsaguns.

You know, the giant flying SEED birdies.

Anyway, the thing I haven't seen before until tonight (and mind you, in September and October I used HIVE A to train PAs exclusively ... with the exception of Killer Shot, that was done at DG S2) ...

If one Junsagun does an attack that will knock you down if it hits, the other Junsagun is likely to barf Megid ... with the obvious suckage that can bring, considering you're on the floor and oh so vulnerable.

It's happened quite a few times tonight. In fact, I'd be a fuming right now if that I had bought that scape doll I lost to it ...

Is it just me though, or do the monsters seem a little more clever?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-11-17 22:05 ]</font>

Turambar
Nov 18, 2007, 01:04 AM
If its true, ^_^b

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-11-17 22:05 ]</font>

Jao
Nov 18, 2007, 01:05 AM
yes they did some where on the psu site it said monsters will play smarter

foamcup
Nov 18, 2007, 01:43 AM
Yeah, the A.I. has been much improved. Last night I saw a King Ollaka use Gifoie, I've never seen that before.

F-Gattaca
Nov 18, 2007, 02:26 AM
On 2007-11-17 22:43, foamcup wrote:
Yeah, the A.I. has been much improved. Last night I saw a King Ollaka use Gifoie, I've never seen that before.

Indeed. Things are decidedly more dangerous, even on A and S, but I only really noticed it once I went soloing or duoing with a friend.

Dark Sattelite S, with me and that buddy, is actually making me work to stay on my feet.

(And people say PSU is easy mode now? Yeesh.)

blackfox433
Nov 18, 2007, 02:30 AM
hmm.. they dont seem smarter to me.. but then again the party's im in destroy them to fast to notice there smarts

relentless
Nov 18, 2007, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I was soloing DA S2 yesterday for fun and lol the Ollaka+Ollaka King groups were more annoying than usual. But doesn't change the fact, that with a good party, you won't notice any difference since everyone has higher stats now and does decent damage.

Shishi-O
Nov 18, 2007, 09:52 AM
since the 1up cup began i have been repeating this sentence, " did he just?" or " OMFG did they get smarter? "

darkante
Nov 18, 2007, 09:54 AM
I have noticed some Go vahras running around and using themselves as shield for their King on MB S2.
Instead of running around like the world were gonna go under lol.

Raine_Loire
Nov 18, 2007, 09:55 AM
So the monsters were required to go to a 'Villain Team Building' workshop? Great, just great.

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 18, 2007, 10:40 AM
I was pwned too many times yesterday to not notice it. It was even in the JP patch notes that the AI would be much improved.

BFGfreak
Nov 18, 2007, 11:26 AM
OK, now here begs the question, is the NPC AI improved, or are they still useful only as meat shields?

Magness
Nov 18, 2007, 11:50 AM
On 2007-11-18 08:26, BFGfreak wrote:
OK, now here begs the question, is the NPC AI improved, or are they still useful only as meat shields?

I didn't read anything about PM AI, but before the update my PM(414) was a maniacal, killing machine. She would run off and slaughter anything in the room. After the update it's a completely defferent story. Last night she just stood there while 3 Vahras on Plains Overlord A took her HP from full down to around 20%.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magness on 2007-11-18 09:04 ]</font>

Flwl3ssCowboy
Nov 18, 2007, 01:42 PM
Delsebans use their annoying knockback attack way too much now. >_> Hunter-friendly my a&%.

edit: But I'm for improved AI, even if it does mean only the enemies get smarter. I just wish they could've improved Ally AI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-11-18 10:43 ]</font>

Clunker
Nov 18, 2007, 01:57 PM
On 2007-11-18 08:50, Magness wrote:

On 2007-11-18 08:26, BFGfreak wrote:

I didn't read anything about PM AI, but before the update my PM(414) was a maniacal, killing machine. She would run off and slaughter anything in the room. After the update it's a completely defferent story. Last night she just stood there while 3 Vahras on Plains Overlord A took her HP from full down to around 20%.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magness on 2007-11-18 09:04 ]</font>

This PM touch of idiocy is prolly due to the patch we got friday morn; many MP devices dissapeared, and there was likely also a accidental removal of a PM AI fix...

Sol_B4dguy
Nov 18, 2007, 03:24 PM
Enemies do seem smarter to me, too. A pair of Kog Nadds kept sandwiching me between their spikes last night. >_<