PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: question i cant figure out...

blackfox433
Nov 18, 2007, 02:17 AM
Ok i keep talking with my friends online and offline, Half of us think we can buy Psu AotI on tuesday and start playing it without being banned. The other half think that u have to buy it wednesday.

My question is WHEN CAN WE?

Eliash
Nov 18, 2007, 02:18 AM
On 2007-11-17 23:17, blackfox433 wrote:
Ok i keep talking with my friends online and offline, Half of us think we can buy Psu AotI on tuesday and start playing it without being banned. The other half think that u have to buy it wednesday.

First of all, no game will "Ban" you because you are attempting to play a game early. Most likely they will not allow you on the servers if anything but you should be able to play perfectly on Tuesday.

gryphonvii
Nov 18, 2007, 02:19 AM
what?, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to buy it on tuesday. That is the release date isn't it?

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 18, 2007, 02:22 AM
Tuesday, the 20th is the release date. If you can snag it off of a shelf on that day, then you can get online with it. This is what Sega is expecting you to do on Tuesday.

blackfox433
Nov 18, 2007, 02:23 AM
On 2007-11-17 23:18, Eliash wrote:

First of all, no game will "Ban" you because you are attempting to play a game early. Most likely they will not allow you on the servers if anything but you should be able to play perfectly on Tuesday.

Well i herd like Psu some stores sold it a day early and sega banned them. i doubted that but hey if i herd it might as well make sure its wrong.

with this site it says "pre-shiping" so that confused me.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=647061

On 2007-11-17 23:22, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Tuesday, the 20th is the release date. If you can snag it off of a shelf on that day, then you can get online with it. This is what Sega is expecting you to do on Tuesday.

BINGO ty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blackfox433 on 2007-11-17 23:28 ]</font>

Eliash
Nov 18, 2007, 02:30 AM
When I got my FFXI disk (got it early), I had the game already installed from the beta. When I tried to log onto the servers it wouldn't allow me until the next day.

That is the most that will happen for any online game. If ST was to start banning people over things as trivial as attempting to log on early they would end up loosing more money than it would be worth. Also, there's no real good reason to ban someone for playing early unless you suspect that they are not using a legit version of the game.

But as pointed out, If you get your hands on it Tuesday, you should be able to play without fear online that same day. "Pre-release Ships 11/20/07" If that is what you are talking about all it means is that they recieve the copies on the 20th (usually it means that the games SHIP on the 20th and will not be available until the following day unless you live close to the main warehouse.)

Wallin
Nov 18, 2007, 02:43 AM
On 2007-11-17 23:18, Eliash wrote:

Maybe he was referring to the Halo 3 banning (http://www.destructoid.com/halo-3-thief-gets-banned-from-live-until-the-year-9999-42820.phtml), but that was only because the idiots got illegal copies of it.

Worst comes to worst, it will just not let you online. I'd assume that the moment the 360 download is available, or even before that, the servers would be up.