PDA

View Full Version : Asked sega some stuff.

KnightHunter
Nov 18, 2007, 09:41 AM
I was thinking about some stuff and I was actually kinda miffed at the time. See we are all encountering problems still in PSU. Well alot of us at least. Some are still having to use a Net work-around to even get on. So one day I asked sega a question. Since AoI was on its way out and soon to be released did they(sega) have any intent on fixing the issues we have with the game. What the answer was got me a little more pissed.

In response they say that they have been working on it since the game was released and they are still working on it. Anyone out there get the feeling that was a string I just got fed? How long has this game been out? And how long exactly did they test the game's online capacity before it was launched?

I will probably still be getting AoI but it just kinda tiffs me off that all these problems persist yet here they are pushing an expansion out the door in two days of this threads posting.

Dhylec
Nov 18, 2007, 09:50 AM
Many of the gameplay issues in the current version is fixed in the expansion. ST said there is new content released biweekly & that's what we've been getting. There are some happy with it, some don't. They will never will able to satisfy everyone. ;]

Raine_Loire
Nov 18, 2007, 09:50 AM
Well, I think it's amazing Sega actually responded, even if it was just to feed you a line. I hear they are very bad at customer service.

I think the answer to your question is "Never, unless an answer falls into their laps." i doubt they are actively looking for solutions to problems that don't affect the majority. They launched a year ago, so I think- how it is is how it's going to be. It's a pain in the ass to have to keep trying to log in through the 360, and to be kicked because of a server disconnect request, but I doubt Sega is going to do anything about it, so I decided either I can live with it or I stop playing the game.

With so many people complaining about so many things, I doubt they know where to begin.

Krisan
Nov 18, 2007, 09:53 AM
Yes, they just told you whatever to pacify you. Every customer support service in existence says "We're working on it." whether they actually are, aren't, or have already fixed it and not pushed the patch to Live yet.. This is just how the system works, a means to shut people up to place it frankly. (And when you have thousands of people asking the same questions in a short period of time or otherwise, it is also a necessity too.)

It is pretty safe to never trust customer support about anything unless they make an official announcement on the issue, or direct you to an official statement on it.

DesertGunner
Nov 18, 2007, 12:34 PM
If there's one thing the crackheads at Sonic Team don't do, it's test their games. Honestly, what's the last game you've played from Team Sonic that didn't have glitches that interfered with your gameplay experience?

Kinako78
Nov 18, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-11-18 09:34, DesertGunner wrote:
If there's one thing the crackheads at Sonic Team don't do, it's test their games. Honestly, what's the last game you've played from Team Sonic that didn't have glitches that interfered with your gameplay experience?

Sonic Heroes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Which is the last Sonic Team game I played before PSU period, but still...

Dragwind
Nov 18, 2007, 12:52 PM
I have to say, the tech support is awful. I've never had one positive instance of tech support from Sega even since back in PSO v.2, when I was actually having issues.

They used to even have a tech support line you could call at one point. Whever I used to try to send in reports via phone, I just heard laughing in the background. They took that phone line as a joke.

Even with the new forms today, I still get no response. If I do, it's very rare and of course its an automated one.

There's nothing we can expect from ST for tech support. It's up to the communities to learn for ourselves it seems. Just check as many tech support forums as possible.

Also, I've played every 3d Sonic game to date, except the ps3 one. I have however played "Sonic and the Secret Rings" for Wii, and it still had some pretty horrible glitches.

buzyb77
Nov 18, 2007, 03:28 PM
Go play Cromehounds on the 360...if you want to see anter game with many glitch..never fixed by Sega...
I'l lis the glitches that I remember

1. A Player could randomly get MAX neg money...never fied
2. Lobbies for teams/ clan could hold 20 people but..often it was more like 20 people in 20 diffrent lobbies...
3. in battles one could Join a Frien and this would cause battles Like 7vs 2 on a 2v2 battle
4. invisable Mechs
5. invencable Mecs
6. Could Give Max Nev Feedbak..(in other words A person would go from 5 full stars to a 1/9 of 1 star in 1 round and nothing short of pestering M$ daily could Fix that)

Now to a bad choice

1. Not allowing people to just play VS againt AI as it was an option and faster than waithing for people to"show up and outfit their mech" also it was Faster just to play VS PC as waiting for humans took 10+ min... and that just the timer.. and if they did not redy up or left before the time ran out and someone else poped in it could take ALot longer...

KnightHunter
Nov 18, 2007, 04:58 PM
To me Sega is just a bad company all around. They are spitting titles out just to try and make back the money they got knocked on when their console department went down. This may be a wrong assumption or not but it still hurts. I will keep playing PSU in hopes of it stabilizing some day. As far as their other titles go I really wish they would keep their hands out of other games.

They screwed up alot of their titles bad enough. Now I have to deal with them being active in the creation of Armored Core. It may not have ever been an amazing game but it was one of those games that I learned to play and had fun with because unlike some who just whined about the controls and walked off. I kept at it.

Chrome Hounds is fun but something about it just doesn't feel right. I can Hammer an enemy over and over again in a weak point and never put them down but I get hit with maybe two shells and im out till a respawn. All games have bugs. Segas however have roach motels with 24 happy hours a day and a built in termite brothel to boot.

McLaughlin
Nov 18, 2007, 05:04 PM
I like Armored Core 4. I couldn't find much wrong with it.

The_Montalvo
Nov 18, 2007, 05:05 PM

KnightHunter
Nov 18, 2007, 05:15 PM
It seemed slowed down. Maybe its just me, but in the old days I could really get my AC moving. Dodge missles and enemy fire farily well. Now its like a duck plinking game. In any way stuff will happen as it does and we will watch from the sidelines as the game industry progresses on. Well here's to the next advent of PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KnightHunter on 2007-11-18 14:17 ]</font>

Rayokarna
Nov 18, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-11-18 14:04, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
I like Armored Core 4. I couldn't find much wrong with it.

A glitched that tottal wiped out some of your Primal energy with small attacks. Random damage variables, just like when Dulk Fakis will hit you with an attack and do single damage of 450. And then hit you with the smae attack again but it hits you 3 times and damage goes to 700 and a crit of about 1600 twice over.

...They really need to fix that...

RuPiKa
Nov 18, 2007, 05:34 PM
Sega is not Nintendo. Nintendo set the bar pretty high. Sega and alot of other companies just fall short.

Esufer
Nov 18, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-11-18 13:58, KnightHunter wrote:
To me Sega is just a bad company all around. They are spitting titles out just to try and make back the money they got knocked on when their console department went down. This may be a wrong assumption or not but it still hurts. I will keep playing PSU in hopes of it stabilizing some day. As far as their other titles go I really wish they would keep their hands out of other games.

They screwed up alot of their titles bad enough. Now I have to deal with them being active in the creation of Armored Core. It may not have ever been an amazing game but it was one of those games that I learned to play and had fun with because unlike some who just whined about the controls and walked off. I kept at it.

Chrome Hounds is fun but something about it just doesn't feel right. I can Hammer an enemy over and over again in a weak point and never put them down but I get hit with maybe two shells and im out till a respawn. All games have bugs. Segas however have roach motels with 24 happy hours a day and a built in termite brothel to boot.

termite brothel? hel yeh!

Nyreal
Nov 18, 2007, 05:38 PM
Sega's support just doesn't compare with larger games like WoW. I mean, I'd expect this sort of terrible support from a Free MMO... But not from something where there's money involved.

foamcup
Nov 18, 2007, 07:17 PM
Should we even mention the billing problems? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DesertGunner
Nov 18, 2007, 08:32 PM
On 2007-11-18 12:28, buzyb77 wrote:
Go play Cromehounds on the 360...if you want to see anter game with many glitch..never fixed by Sega...
I'l lis the glitches that I remember

1. A Player could randomly get MAX neg money...never fied
2. Lobbies for teams/ clan could hold 20 people but..often it was more like 20 people in 20 diffrent lobbies...
3. in battles one could Join a Frien and this would cause battles Like 7vs 2 on a 2v2 battle
4. invisable Mechs
5. invencable Mecs
6. Could Give Max Nev Feedbak..(in other words A person would go from 5 full stars to a 1/9 of 1 star in 1 round and nothing short of pestering M$ daily could Fix that)

Now to a bad choice

1. Not allowing people to just play VS againt AI as it was an option and faster than waithing for people to"show up and outfit their mech" also it was Faster just to play VS PC as waiting for humans took 10+ min... and that just the timer.. and if they did not redy up or left before the time ran out and someone else poped in it could take ALot longer...

Chromehounds and Armored Core 4 weren't made by Sega. FROM Software made those games and Sega published them. Sega had nothing to do with the development of those games.

Authenticate
Nov 18, 2007, 08:52 PM
Blizzard doesn't know how to test their games either. Not too long ago there was a bug where shamans could get their tier 6 restoration set for free. They then were able to disenchant it and get vortex crystals (I think that's what they were). This bug was known to be on the test servers for awhile, too. But Blizzard didn't fix it until it hit the live servers and there was a big fiasco over it.

Point is; Games are designed by people, therefore they are flawed. It happens.

And about customer support... Every MMO I have ever played has had pretty crappy customer support. It comes with having to serve so many whiney people. The only way to really do anything with fixing PSU is to get the message to one of the honchos in Japan.

DesertGunner
Nov 18, 2007, 08:55 PM
But the bug isn't there, right? There are bugs in this game that have been around from the start, and are they fixed yet?

KnightHunter
Nov 25, 2007, 06:56 PM
Nintendo may have set the bar however Sega doesn't have to look to reset it just try to meet it. I emphasize TRY. Before their console fall to Sony and Nintendo Sega was one of the big three. Given that AotI has improved on the game well enough to spark my interest in the game again I will admit that I am impressed , but only slightly. Where are the technical fixes though. Sure we have new in game stuff but where are the tech improvements. Frame rate is still getting hammered and our network is still shot.

Despite their advancements its time for them to step up and get the work done that should have been back at launch.

Yes to compare this games service to WoW is pointless. I established that in another thread. But what is still a truth is that first we paid $60 for the basic game and then $10 a month for online that is broken. After it being out this long these problems should have been addressed before this. Now a expansion has been released and we still have yet to get the tech fixes that we have been asking for.

As for the, "Sega only published AC4 and Hounds," bit here is my thought. You can't truly say that Sega didn't try to influence From Software on the games development to augment revenue by mainstreaming the titles? Sega prides themselves on being a game maker but they are still trapped back in 2000. They have under their roof some of the most promising IP but it is being stifled behind a curtain of ideals that ,as a magazine put it, thought it got it all right back in the day.

As the tech progresses so should games. So should the ideals of the game makers. You can't just take a game from one system, take the minimal work needed to port it to another console and expect it to all work and be accepted by the community.

For all its blemishes I will probably still play the game but once the new fades and the ruts start hitting again what will keep us enticed to stay with the game. Shine and polish hardly out last stability and reliability.

Reipard
Nov 25, 2007, 09:13 PM
As for the, "Sega only published AC4 and Hounds," bit here is my thought. You can't truly say that Sega didn't try to influence From Software on the games development to augment revenue by mainstreaming the titles? Sega prides themselves on being a game maker but they are still trapped back in 2000. They have under their roof some of the most promising IP but it is being stifled behind a curtain of ideals that ,as a magazine put it, thought it got it all right back in the day.

That may well be one of the most ignorant things I've read in a long time.

Here are my main problems with that blurb:
A: Sega influenced From Software and that must be why the games suck? Yeah, I'm sure From Software in and of itself is completely incapable of fucking up on their own (PSP Armored Core where you don't actually play it? lol). It had to be Sega. They published it, so why shouldn't it be?

B: Oh. Yeah. Sega's really big on churning out marketable stuff, nuts to innovation (Shenmue, Dragon Force). They don't take chances on anything (Panzer Dragoon Orta). Trapped back in the Dreamcast, for sure.

Sega has poor customer support and is handling Phantasy Star Universe poorly on this side of the shore, but that doesn't justify half of the accusations. I would seriously love to know how many people are actually putting in support tickets for the stuff they complain about on these boards. Bitching on a forum is great venting and gets something to spread for sure.

I wholeheartedly support a balanced venting and announcement of your issues with the game or something you have a problem with in the game (provided of course it's a valid complaint). But. It doesn't get results, nor does it get your complaint to its proper audience. And if a bunch of people posted a problem straight to the source, it is much harder to ignore.

If you're not willing to put in a support ticket than you are, therefore, perfectly willing to live with your problem.

Raine_Loire
Nov 25, 2007, 09:48 PM
You had to mention shenmue, didn't you? *gets misty eyed...*

Carlo210
Nov 25, 2007, 09:54 PM
Reipard, you're acting as if they don't know these performance problems and network stabilities don't exist and need tonnes of people to notify them of it. The fact that we need to gang up on them in order for them to fix problems that they know exist on the service that we're paying for is exactly our point.
Horrendous slowdown, network problems. They know they exist.

Not to mention they should get the gist that something is 'up' with PSU by looking at their sales figures. Usually what happens when a game loses so many players for problems that can be FIXED, the company gets together and tries to diagnose what the problem(s) are and then they get FIXED because it's better for sales.
Sega doesn't do this, however, and remains conservative with the monetary resources we offer them (and uses them to make more crappy Sonic games that flop for obvious reasons).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-11-25 18:56 ]</font>

Reipard
Nov 26, 2007, 08:12 AM
Reipard, you're acting as if they don't know these performance problems and network stabilities don't exist and need tonnes of people to notify them of it. The fact that we need to gang up on them in order for them to fix problems that they know exist on the service that we're paying for is exactly our point.
Horrendous slowdown, network problems. They know they exist.

You would be surprised, actually.

Blizzard's World of Warcraft is a huge ass cash cow. They have to treat that seriously because it's a big project, makes them a LOT of money and is a major product of their company.

PSU to Sega is a different story. In Japan PSU is a big deal, but here it's not been such a success. Sega is likely devoting their resources to other things that are higher priority. If nobody complains to them about something, that means that they're not having any game-ruining problems and can put their resources onto other things until further notice. Honest to goodness, I know how that kind of tech support works.

Even then, even Blizzard is not 100% omnipotent to every problem in their server. Honestly, the best way to bring their attention onto something is to submit support tickets.

I am not saying this is good customer service, but it is guarunteed to get results faster than empty complaining on a forum will.

The best part is that you get license to do some empty complaining from there, because at least you tried to do something about it ^_^.

Not to mention they should get the gist that something is 'up' with PSU by looking at their sales figures. Usually what happens when a game loses so many players for problems that can be FIXED, the company gets together and tries to diagnose what the problem(s) are and then they get FIXED because it's better for sales.

Sega doesn't do this, however, and remains conservative with the monetary resources we offer them (and uses them to make more crappy Sonic games that flop for obvious reasons).

You can go 'Oh but they have this and this and this' and expect everything to work out 100% right there, but it's never that simple.

I will agree that AOI's release was botched quite hilariously, but sales figures seriously do not tell you anything. You can say 'Sales went down in 2007' but in order to find out why, you have to do additional research which includes stuff like sending out surveys, doing customer interviews, reviewing support tickets, etc.

And that takes time and money. Again, the message gets across much faster if you just say it to them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-11-26 05:23 ]</font>