PDA

View Full Version : New on PS2

Epy1221
Nov 18, 2007, 01:13 PM
So i'm switching from Xbox 360 to playstation due to my xbox breaking on me (for the second time).

Any one on PS2/PC got any tips or suggestions for me, i know theres not a lot of users on the ps/pc servers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-11-18 11:12 ]</font>

Arowind91
Nov 18, 2007, 01:15 PM
i know theres not a lot of users on the ps/pc servers

Just try to find a group to play with. I'm sure AOI will bring back people...Hopefully

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arowind91 on 2007-11-18 10:16 ]</font>

Dhylec
Nov 18, 2007, 01:17 PM
Basically, make friends, meet up & play. ;]
Use Player matchup to arrange your time & place. If all failed, join random parties at uni2. Like everything else, it's might be tough at the beginning, but don't give up.

Rizen
Nov 18, 2007, 01:18 PM
On 2007-11-18 10:13, Epy1221 wrote:
So i'm switching from Xbox 360 to playstation due to my xbox breaking on me (for the second time).

Any one on PS2/PC got any tips or suggestions for me, i know theres not a lot of users on the ps/pc servers

Your Xbox broke too eh? My brother's did too yesterday. >.<

Anyway, PS2 is known for its slowdowns and loading problems at times. Its recommend that you make sure your PS2 doesn't overheat and doesn't scratch up your disks before you try to play.

Other than that...Im not too sure. Populations is small, but once you meet a few people that won't be a problem.

Flamingo99
Nov 18, 2007, 01:18 PM
Well, there's quite a bit of slowdown when I played it on the PS2. If you have a computer that can run PSU, I'd definitely recommend getting it for that instead. Its nothing too bad, and it only happens when there's a load of spells going off or a lot of enemies on the field.

Just wanted to give you a heads up.

BanF
Nov 18, 2007, 01:32 PM
Watch out for the Mizura. On the PS2, they just stand still and shoot you with their stingers nonstop.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 18, 2007, 01:48 PM
If you're dumb enough to stand in front of them, yes XD

Anyway, the only advice I can really give is..the economy may take some getting used to, BUT...since we just got an update which gives more meseta during missions, that may be a bit easier on you at the lower levels now, as well as an exp increase.

Also, like anywhere else, you're bound to meet some jerks, but..don't let that turn you away, just try to find some guys you feel comfortable playing with and exchange partner cards, and just try to enjoy yourself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

What else..oh! Yes, there is a bit of a slowdown (especially if you are in a party with more than two techers XD) on the PS2 version, however....in a couple of days (according to ST), this will be fixed in AOI.

Apparently, PSU wasn't as compatible with the PS2 as they wanted it to be, hence why we experience such slowdowns and whatnot, but..I heard AOI runs a little better on the PS2 and you will encounter less slowdown, weapon/tech lag, and I'm hoping the characters will load faster too in lobbies.

Other than that..

I hope you enjoy your stay!

It's always nice to get a new member who doesn't sound like a jerk/noob/elitist http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif