PDA

View Full Version : Is regrants any good

Iduno
Nov 18, 2007, 01:22 PM
Hi I was just wondering if regrants is any good and worth buying compared to other techniques like it, as it is the only light offensive technique and it seems unused im thinking of piching it up

Thanks for any answers

Umberger
Nov 18, 2007, 01:25 PM
*Regrant. ;p

It's good, levels extremely fast...but it's pretty situational. You'll only really use it on Sendillans, Gaozorans, some large enemies and mobs of medium sized creatures that need to be broken apart. But it's great to have (helps out a lot in those situations)...I'd recommend picking it up if you haven't already.

Sychosis
Nov 18, 2007, 01:32 PM
Regrant is an awesome crowd control TECHNIC. In addition to what Umberger said, Regrant is probably the best tool for helping your team get rid of Goshin and Bul Buna. It keeps them knocked over and out of the ground so your fighters can mop them up quickly.

The only problem is that it is the ONLY light element attack TECHNIC. If you're cruising through the Guardian's Colony, you're probably better off using some other non light TECHNIC that won't blow things every which way and kill you in the process :/

Flwl3ssCowboy
Nov 18, 2007, 01:34 PM
On 2007-11-18 10:32, Sychosis wrote:
Regrant is an awesome crowd control TECHNIC. In addition to what Umberger said, Regrant is probably the best tool for helping your team get rid of Goshin and Bul Buna. It keeps them knocked over and out of the ground so your fighters can mop them up quickly.

The only problem is that it is the ONLY light element attack TECHNIC. If you're cruising through the Guardian's Colony, you're probably better off using some other non light TECHNIC that won't blow things every which way and kill you in the process :/

What do you mean? (Plan to get regrant, so I've never tried it.)

Umberger
Nov 18, 2007, 01:36 PM

It's usually best to use a Foie or Diga TECHNIC there due to their high damage modifiers (Foie can burn things, Diga can silence...they're both good). But yeah...it works great on Sendillan because they just sort of fall over, and can take the heat off of everyone else if used on a Gaozoran.

Sychosis
Nov 18, 2007, 01:43 PM
On 2007-11-18 10:34, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

It returns damage with every hit like Boma Duranga. Regrant has a low damage modifier, but hits very quickly. I've accidentally killed myself when some sedillans unexpectedly ran up behind me and gave me an extra 200 damage to absorb http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Umberger
Nov 18, 2007, 01:50 PM
You don't kill yourself often with it though (just keep an eye on your health), and the knockdown/back gives you time to Resta and start up again. Oh, forgot to mention that it has 0 casting time...that's always good. =x

Iduno
Nov 18, 2007, 02:00 PM
ty im definatly getting it now especialy since it seems like an anti gazoron weapon (runs off to collect the last few PA frags needed)

Flwl3ssCowboy
Nov 18, 2007, 02:12 PM
On 2007-11-18 10:43, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-11-18 10:34, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

It returns damage with every hit like Boma Duranga. Regrant has a low damage modifier, but hits very quickly. I've accidentally killed myself when some sedillans unexpectedly ran up behind me and gave me an extra 200 damage to absorb http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I lol'd

I could imagine getting carried away and killing myself many times... in one mission... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dragwind
Nov 18, 2007, 02:25 PM
I'd have to agree, it is pretty situational. It can be very useful in tight situations though if you have it pallete ready.

Broodstar1337
Nov 18, 2007, 04:50 PM
It's weak, but it's useful for juggling enemies if you're a pure FT.

If you use any sort of melee weapon, you're better off using it.

MSAksion
Nov 18, 2007, 05:52 PM
I still highly advocate the purchase of REGRANTS. When you find yourself suddenly surrounded by charging Koltova if you're quick on the draw you can push them all away and save yourself.

So the team ranger misses a few shots and hunters need to take a few more steps to dus majarra the knocked away enemies. Cast it for like 2 or 3 seconds then move on to a better tech. As long as its not a timed mission and you're not using it on a Bil De Vear then i'm sure the others wont mind.

And Juggling an enemy or two is so much fun. Rolling Piggies on parum or Overturning Olkalas on neudaiz is....satisfyingly evil when they are completely helpless.