PDA

View Full Version : When to expect the Canadian Release?

Kimil
Nov 18, 2007, 04:54 PM
A friend of mine burst my bubble today:
(For some reason) Canada usually gets games later than the US ( hell, even later than Alaska ). Something to do with the French instruction manual (Bi-lingual Country BTW)

This doesn't always happen, but with non-God Status games like (ie, games that aren't Halo 3 or SSBM), I wouldn't be suprised if I'd have to wait =/

How long do you think after Tuesday I'll have to wait? Considering atm I live in Edmonton for schooling (a capital city, and over a million ppl living in it.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-11-18 13:55 ]</font>

RedMussel
Nov 18, 2007, 05:03 PM
The same as the U.S.

Hank
Nov 18, 2007, 05:03 PM
i picked up psu 1 day after release from best buy in north edmonton. just ask them to bring it from the back

Nevando
Nov 18, 2007, 05:05 PM
Recently, a lot of games have been getting slowed down at the border, like Pokemon Battle Revolution back in July, or more recently, Sonic Rush Adventure, which actually had it's own release date in Canada (It came out in September in NA, then with the delay, the release date, in Toronto atleast, was October 10th. My brother found it in Toys R Us early October, though). I'd expect atleast a day or two before worrying.

Skuda
Nov 18, 2007, 05:14 PM
To be honest, I'm not really expecting AoI until at least thursday. It took PSU almost a week to get here. I phoned up every game retailer in my area (Vancouver) and none of them had it. I did so for about 5 days, until finally Future Shop got in a shipment.

It was almost a whole month later before I started seeing it in EB. I had looked for it every time I went in just to check. ;P

Poor Canada.

Kimil
Nov 18, 2007, 05:16 PM
=/ Okay I guess I'll check Tuesday when I get my groceries but wont get my hopes up

Nyreal
Nov 18, 2007, 05:31 PM
Or you could just cross the border. Or Import.

MaximusLight
Nov 18, 2007, 06:23 PM
On 2007-11-18 13:54, Kimil wrote:
A friend of mine burst my bubble today:
(For some reason) Canada usually gets games later than the US ( hell, even later than Alaska ). Something to do with the French instruction manual (Bi-lingual Country BTW)

This doesn't always happen, but with non-God Status games like (ie, games that aren't Halo 3 or SSBM), I wouldn't be suprised if I'd have to wait =/

How long do you think after Tuesday I'll have to wait? Considering atm I live in Edmonton for schooling (a capital city, and over a million ppl living in it.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-11-18 13:55 ]</font>

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
you live in Edmonton too?
You at NAIT or UofA?

Para
Nov 18, 2007, 06:28 PM
Im waiting on my call from EB games to tell me that my preorders are in... 1day on UT3 and 2 days on AOI.

Hank
Nov 18, 2007, 06:41 PM
prolly uofa. nobody comes here for nait.

Miyoko
Nov 18, 2007, 06:45 PM
I grabbed my copy from Wal*Mart in Kamloops the day of release, so, I'm not worried. o/

MaximusLight
Nov 18, 2007, 06:52 PM
On 2007-11-18 15:41, Hank wrote:
prolly uofa. nobody comes here for nait.

You'd be surprised, I'm at the UofA myself but I've met plenty of people who came here for NAIT.

(also you too? holy cow, you mean there are real people other than Scott that play this game? lol)

Kinako78
Nov 18, 2007, 07:16 PM
My net sis, who lives in Canada, says she won't be able to get it until the 22nd.

l_Will_l
Nov 18, 2007, 08:11 PM
I live in Ontario. pre ordered mine aoi 2 months ago. called EB yesterday and they have there orders already. Also I have friends that work at blockbuster and they always get their games a week before release. So i really see no reason in stores in canada not having it. If one shop says they dont. goto another one. we have already seen on here that a K mart was selling them last week. Its more or less the employees at a store compared to the company releasing the game. remember they do have to think about shipping times and what not so they send them before the release date

Nisshoku
Nov 18, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-11-18 14:14, Skuda wrote:
To be honest, I'm not really expecting AoI until at least thursday. It took PSU almost a week to get here. I phoned up every game retailer in my area (Vancouver) and none of them had it. I did so for about 5 days, until finally Future Shop got in a shipment.

It was almost a whole month later before I started seeing it in EB. I had looked for it every time I went in just to check. ;P

Poor Canada.

That's because the EB you live near man, sucks ass. However, where I live, they're not bad, and sometimes get in on the day of release, or at least the day after. And seeing as I'm from the maritimes, that's not really bad at all.

Too bad I work 1:45-10pm shifts. >_>

I'm calling either tomorrow to check on it, myself.

Sio
Nov 18, 2007, 10:09 PM
I live in Toronto and the eb I went to here says November 26, so next week I guess, unless the lady got it wrong XD

Immortal44
Nov 19, 2007, 02:40 AM
Ive been checking futureshops website a bit recently and up till two or three days ago it said that AOI was coming on Nov 22. This changed like two days ago to Nov 20. Im sure there are exceptions for more remote locations but most major cities should get AOI on Nov 20.

On a side note: I was in futureshop the other day and saw for the first time ever a pc copy of psu. I didnt buy my copy of psu but the person who got it for me said they had trouble finding it and I had since never seen a copy in any store I went to. (I saw xbox version but not pc.) the other day futureshop had like 10 copies. Strange...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Immortal44 on 2007-11-18 23:43 ]</font>

Kimil
Nov 19, 2007, 04:50 AM
To answer Max's Question, I'm in the UofA.
Living in Residence actually in case you live there too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
Over IN Lister, MacKenzie hall

TranceZiggy
Nov 19, 2007, 06:22 AM
Lol, slightly off topic, but I'm in Australia (Yes, meaning i get the EU release date :l), but when PSU came out in EU, i went to EB Games on the day of release, and asked them.. They said it should have come in overnight, but they couldnt find it.. So i physically helped them search through their shipments to find it XD

BLADE_EDGE
Nov 19, 2007, 06:30 AM
Answering the first question......
if you are running 360 you should have it no doubt because its a downlode
if you're running pc or ps2
PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and PC WindowsShip Date:
Available in North America 11/20/2007
Available in EU 1/25/2008
Price:
MSRP $39.95

so if its not in your hands on the twentieth complain or wait a ouple days beacuse i doubt that if it were to ship late that it would be dealyed by more than a few days.

Tangram
Nov 19, 2007, 09:20 AM
Well i live in canada i saw them in a box 2 days ago (in the place i work), with a bright yellow sticker do not sell before Nov 20 so im sure they will have it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Astarin
Nov 19, 2007, 12:28 PM
Kimil, Hank and MaximusLight are all from Edmonton too? Word. And I think I might even have Maximus' card, too...

And I plan on shopping around, starting on the Tuesday. I've picked up games the day of, or the day after, release date no problem here, including PSU. EB's and Best Buys are you best bets, in my experience.

Para
Nov 19, 2007, 03:02 PM
I was speaking to my local EB games and they said I'll have to wait until wednesday for it. However I can't even pick it up during wednesday cuz im too busy so thursday it is.

leblancdiaz
Nov 19, 2007, 04:18 PM
I don't know about you guys but were I live in Fort McMurray which is like 4 and a half hours away north of Edmonton aka emoton are EB games gets there shipment in at 10 am and 1 pm

GunnerGoddess
Nov 19, 2007, 04:55 PM
(this is freaky I live in edmonton too but no one finding out where http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) well anyways yeah should be 22nd at least if your getting it from EBgames

btw most game releases are one day later due to some law I think :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GunnerGoddess on 2007-11-19 13:57 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Nov 19, 2007, 04:59 PM
I'm expecting it on the 21st. Stores around here miss release dates by 1 day like clockwork.

RedX
Nov 19, 2007, 05:07 PM
According to the Canadian EB games site, PC comes out on 21st and PS2 on the 28th >.>

Also, Future Shop has the 20th for PC(didn't see PS2). I think EB will be cheaper though, since Future shop is charing $44 and EB has been selling things an US price aka $39.99 (there is no price on the site, so can't know for sure, but it seems likely)

GunnerGoddess
Nov 19, 2007, 05:12 PM
actually I was told 28th at one point for ps2 as well :/ but I asked 3 times. had to reserve it once, then get a refund and reserve it again. the second time reserving it they said 28th but I went back recently to check on that and they said 22nd. I just assumed my mom was either told the wrong date or forgot and made one up

l_Will_l
Nov 19, 2007, 05:44 PM
I just called my local eb games that i preordered from (im 30 min from toronto ontario.) And they said they should have my copy in either tomorrow (20th) or the 21st. So im not in a rush for 1 extra day. And they also said it is $44.99

Maddux
Nov 19, 2007, 05:54 PM
I picked up my original PSU pre-order from my local EB Games (Saskatchewan) a day after release, so I'm hoping it won't be any longer than that.

Hank
Nov 19, 2007, 05:54 PM
so many ppl from edm here lol. im at the uofa also but i commute from st albert.

HKDon
Nov 19, 2007, 09:55 PM
I live in Fort McMurray "AKA that town north of Edmonton" and the EB here didn't get the game for a week which was annoying. I doubt it will be in tomorrow but I'll check with my friend -_-

leblancdiaz
Nov 20, 2007, 12:57 AM
I myself also live in Fort McMurray, which yes is north of Emoton I mean Edmonton. I also know HKDon in real life and yes we played pso back in its glorious days. EB claims that it will be in tomorrow which I highly doubt due to the fact like HKDon was right that it didn't show up for like a week we called every day even had to collect on some kneecaps but kneecaps being broken we got are game. Fort McMurray is 57 degrees of the arctic circle were it goes down to minus 40 Fahrenheit. We have oil, gas and snow year around we get severe weather changes. Which only leads to drinking and PSU. Worse case you guys call them in at 10 in the morning when they get there first shipment or 3 in the afternoon when they get there afternoon shipment. Man I can predict whats going to happened tomorrow.

Me and HKDon meet up at college after classes we drive down are snow covered road hoping that are EB Games has PSU in, after going through the Halo nerds *puts flame shield on* we go up to the counter and ask for the game; but are denied to *insert date and time*. Meanwhile lots of curse words are then said some people get affected we drive off into the blizzard and I go back home disappointed with homework and work. <_<. After about a week later we finally get back to EB Games and they say that are preorders are sold out, and we have to wait to *insert date and time >:(.

Oh well let's roll the dice and see if PSU Expansion is in are chances are like to plastic surgery with a pipe wrench. Not going to happen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: leblancdiaz on 2007-11-19 22:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: leblancdiaz on 2007-11-19 22:32 ]</font>

Kimil
Nov 20, 2007, 03:41 PM
Nope =/

EBgames in Clairview says they don't have it -.-

Gonna be waiting a while I guess

panzer_unit
Nov 20, 2007, 03:42 PM
28th everywhere... maybe?

Maddux
Nov 20, 2007, 05:07 PM
My EB Games says the 28th.. and I just went to Future Shop where they told me, "maybe next week."

Bride
Nov 20, 2007, 06:00 PM
Soooo, checked EB, Future Shop, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and HMV on Southside of Edmonton, nobody has it, some places say the 23rd some say the 28th, if anyone sees any please say where

Miyoko
Nov 20, 2007, 06:03 PM
Surprisingly, no places I checked today had it. Though really, it's a good thing I didn't find it. I've got a lot of papers to do, so, this just means I can work on them undistracted. >.>/

Immortal44
Nov 20, 2007, 06:17 PM
I couldnt find it anywhere. I checked Futureshop and Bestbuy, and they say that they dont carry it and probably never will, and at ebgames the person said that it was discontinued?!? (it just came out how can it already be discontinued)
It I dont find it before friday Im going across the border and buying it in the states. I hear its five bucks cheaper down there anyway.

Edit: whats the deal with futureshop, they show the game on their site but every location a put in the stock checker says they dont carry it. And it says out of stock to order it online? Do they even intend on selling this game?

Please someone canadian confirm if you found it and at what store.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Immortal44 on 2007-11-20 15:33 ]</font>

Miyoko
Nov 20, 2007, 06:29 PM
Make sure you specify you're looking for Phantasy Star Universe: AMBITIONS OF THE ILLUMINUS >.>

Skuda
Nov 20, 2007, 06:32 PM
No dice for me. My EB said that it was on the release list, but they don't even have a release date. I checked Wal-Mart, they had no idea, checked Future Shop too. Future Shop was by FAR the most helpful. Since it didn't come in today, I was assured it would be in tomorrow. However, I am not going to count my eggs before the hatch. :/

Immortal44
Nov 20, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-11-20 15:32, Skuda wrote:
No dice for me. My EB said that it was on the release list, but they don't even have a release date. I checked Wal-Mart, they had no idea, checked Future Shop too. Future Shop was by FAR the most helpful. Since it didn't come in today, I was assured it would be in tomorrow. However, I am not going to count my eggs before the hatch. :/

futureshop? Check the website and look at the stock check. Whenever I check it it says this store does not carry this item. Does this mean that they are never going to get it? or does this mean that it is still shipping?

HKDon
Nov 20, 2007, 06:36 PM
No luck for me or Leblancdiaz, we check our EB and they just got their shipment but the clerk said no (He didn't seem that interested) I did check out the release book and it said the date for it was the 21th.....

Oh boy I hope we don't get a repeat performance like last year (AKA having to wait a week)

Immortal44
Nov 20, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-11-20 15:29, Miyoko wrote:
Make sure you specify you're looking for Phantasy Star Universe: AMBITIONS OF THE ILLUMINUS >.>

lol, I had to do this at ebgames. They didnt have a clue what I was talking about. I actually had to pick up the original game off the shelf and show them how to spell the title. Even after I told them that it has a 'ph' instead of an 'f'.
Sometimes ebgames people can be so difficult, and other times its the complete opposite.

Edit: anyone see that the PSU offical contest doesnt accept canadians. Only residents of the US can enter. That really sucks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Immortal44 on 2007-11-20 16:04 ]</font>

Nisshoku
Nov 20, 2007, 09:33 PM
I checked my EBGames a couple of hours before work this afternoon. I've been told that both have been in-transit, which means the next couple of days at least, I'm guessing. And unlike most, my EBGames is pretty competant. Hopefully, they get it in tomorrow, so I have something to anticipate AFTER work.

Astarin
Nov 21, 2007, 12:32 PM
As of the 20th, I wasn't able to find it anywhere either. Best Buy, Future Shop, EB Games, HMV, Wal-mart, Roger's Video... the works. I was either told they didn't have it in their system at all, that they have a release date of the 28th, or that I can check back today. So, I'll make some calls to EB today, and post if there's anything worthwhile. The people at EB have been the most helpful, by far.

Adria18
Nov 21, 2007, 02:51 PM
so did anyone from any part of canada get it today my store got pc verson only i have to wait for my copy since i ordered Play station 2 it sucks i want to play this so bad (have mine reserved at eb games)

Kimil
Nov 21, 2007, 02:53 PM
I'm getting the PC version in one hour =D (eb games in Claireview)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-11-21 13:41 ]</font>

Adria18
Nov 21, 2007, 03:07 PM
Lucky duck i gotta wait for my ps2 copy -sniffs- i so want to play lol i guess u story got the pc verson only as well?

Astarin
Nov 21, 2007, 03:51 PM
Rejoice, Edmontonians!

I just bought a PS2 copy of AotI at the West Edmonton Mall HMV, and I know that the Kingsway EB Games got theirs in today as well. Get out there!

GunnerGoddess
Nov 21, 2007, 03:53 PM
o.o kingsway got it today!!! no way they told me tomorrow (oops there sorta goes my position :/ oh well too happy to care)

Hank
Nov 21, 2007, 04:16 PM
Heh. I've had it since Tuesday morning. 360 ftw.

l_Will_l
Nov 21, 2007, 05:14 PM
Just got home from grabbing my pc copy. installing as i type

mizukage
Nov 21, 2007, 06:00 PM
I believe the store release dates and pre-order release dates is the same regardless of the country in North America.

Pre-Order = Nov. 20th
Store = Nov. 22nd

Although I did say North America, but if people in Mexico can't find the game, I don't know about that.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Para
Nov 21, 2007, 06:45 PM
I phoned EB games to make sure they got my copy today.... they said they didn't so that's OK since Im supposed to be picking it up tomorrow however... i will be PISSED if it isnt in tomorrow when I pick up my games.

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 06:57 PM
On 2007-11-18 23:40, Immortal44 wrote:
Ive been checking futureshops website a bit recently and up till two or three days ago it said that AOI was coming on Nov 22. This changed like two days ago to Nov 20. Im sure there are exceptions for more remote locations but most major cities should get AOI on Nov 20.

On a side note: I was in futureshop the other day and saw for the first time ever a pc copy of psu. I didnt buy my copy of psu but the person who got it for me said they had trouble finding it and I had since never seen a copy in any store I went to. (I saw xbox version but not pc.) the other day futureshop had like 10 copies. Strange...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Immortal44 on 2007-11-18 23:43 ]</font>

My net sis (who I mentioned before) managed to get a copy of the PS2 version at Future Shop. She said they had the PC version, too.

Adria18
Nov 21, 2007, 07:03 PM
Yep Yep im Kinako net sis and i just got back from futureshop they did have the ps2 ver and pc in because i got it sitting right next to me right now so it in go check your store's stock i got mine from the future shop in Orleans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Happy days!

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 07:07 PM
Now if you could only join us online, Adria. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

leblancdiaz
Nov 22, 2007, 06:48 PM
Before I begin I want to say is I'm from Fort McMurray which is 4 and a half hours away from Emoton I mean Edmonton.

First off the one thing I would like to say in my honor is I fucking called it. Okay know thats over with me and HKDon have made several attempts to get the PSU expansion at are local EB games. It gets to the point where you want to file a complaint. We tried phone calls, we tried coming in person and waiting for the Halo 3 and Mass Effects nerds so that we could get are PSU Expansion. Still no dice, they won't even acknowledge it in there system; let alone check to see what the status of the game is. I'm sorry I may be ranting and raving a bit, but when you pre order shit 4 - 6 months ago and they don't call until you have to show up at the last minute just to get your game is kind of sad. To me when you pre order something your entitled to some information on where the game is. It seems every day we go there it's a different excuse, all I want to know is the truth or maybe we should blame EB games for not shipping it to the 28th instead. Till then I've refused to play PSU because theres nothing to do. In the meantime I will play something else or better yet do homework.

Alamar
Nov 22, 2007, 07:06 PM
I hear you leblancdiaz. I preordered the Pc version from gamestop (they bought out eb games) one month ago and have been in the store everyday since launch and they keep giving me a run around. If you make a stink you could get something out of it. They are suppose to order from there whse. Per store per reserve plus 2-3 for the shelf. PSU is not a C-list title It is made by Sega and nothing Sega is C-list. Don't get the customer service # it is useless. Ask for the regional managers # IT IS in the computer right in front of them. They get good incentives for reserves and selling magazine subscriptions thats why they push them. Go in there and ask LOUDLY "What is the purpose of preorder if i don't get it on time?" then say " there is no purpose of reserve because you won't get it on time." gamestops are personally owned but totally corp. All reserves are in the computer. try that next time you go in. Thats what I am going to do Friday when I go see them. You might get store credit or better.

Alamar
Nov 22, 2007, 07:08 PM
This came from someone I know that was a store manager at Gamestop(EB games) so the info is good.

leblancdiaz
Nov 22, 2007, 07:24 PM
On 2007-11-22 16:06, Alamar wrote:
I hear you leblancdiaz. I preordered the Pc version from gamestop (they bought out eb games) one month ago and have been in the store everyday since launch and they keep giving me a run around. If you make a stink you could get something out of it. They are suppose to order from there whse. Per store per reserve plus 2-3 for the shelf. PSU is not a C-list title It is made by Sega and nothing Sega is C-list. Don't get the customer service # it is useless. Ask for the regional managers # IT IS in the computer right in front of them. They get good incentives for reserves and selling magazine subscriptions thats why they push them. Go in there and ask LOUDLY "What is the purpose of preorder if i don't get it on time?" then say " there is no purpose of reserve because you won't get it on time." gamestops are personally owned but totally corp. All reserves are in the computer. try that next time you go in. Thats what I am going to do Friday when I go see them. You might get store credit or better.

Alamar I hear you too you see I got the lamest excuse I heard in a while at are local EB Games that it wasn't in the system itself and a day ago they said it was shipping good going EB Games. Oh don't worry I planning to call some people up tomorrow because it seems that they have lack of interest for the game itself as well as everything. Just today I walked up to one of them and they chatted for like 5 minutes and after that they ask me if we needed something I said no don't waste the time because I already know the answer. They said what you want. I inquired about PSU expansion without even looking or pressing a button in the system he / she gives me we never received any pc games today yet there was 6 boxes on the floor labeled pc. ><. So I wander what tommorrow excuse is going to be. The truck got stuck half way here and we haven't heard of it since. Or the magical land knomes took my expansion.It makes me wander can we use kneecaps as currency? o.o

Alamar
Nov 22, 2007, 07:30 PM
What really upsets me is seeing all the ID # 40's with AOTI and me being in the 21 series Don't. Call it lame or what ever but i played this game for a year now and someone who just started playing has the expansion pack. That is sad And as per my Mini bio near my name you see my feelings for them. I mean TWO MONTHS PREPAID AND NOTHING STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Para
Nov 22, 2007, 08:37 PM
got my AOI today. Other stores should have it too if you are in the toronto area.

leblancdiaz
Nov 22, 2007, 10:30 PM
I should make another topic "Who Doesn't Have the PSU Expansion in Canada?" or is it that Fort McMurray is just getting jacked

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: leblancdiaz on 2007-11-22 19:31 ]</font>

Hank
Nov 22, 2007, 10:33 PM
Just come down to Edmonton over the weekend. We have tons of copies sitting in EB.

leblancdiaz
Nov 23, 2007, 12:25 AM
On 2007-11-22 19:33, Hank wrote:
Just come down to Edmonton over the weekend. We have tons of copies sitting in EB.

One stimulation, I have mine pre ordered and paid for the PC and PS2. I would hop on that boat in an instant if it wasn't for that. Hopefully Tomorrow will be different they might actually have it in........ ah fuck who am I kidding won't get it till Tuesday maybe if I roll the dice they might actually *rolls,*gets a 1 yep I'll take those odd, which would be good if you had 2:1 black and a 100 coins on 46. Guys someone test this theory.....