PDA

View Full Version : AOI purchase question

Cry0
Nov 18, 2007, 05:12 PM
maybe an obvious question, but... if you have bought the original psu on pc, do you need to buy AOI too? or can you download it as an expansion? or do you get a discount or what?

Chuck_Norris
Nov 18, 2007, 05:16 PM
You can play the game with the PSU V1 disc. But you can't use the new room stuff, or go to new areas, or use new weapons. If you want to do all that, I think you need the disc.

Hank
Nov 18, 2007, 05:16 PM
no to all.

Cry0
Nov 18, 2007, 05:23 PM
figured sega would rip us off. kay thx.

Chii
Nov 18, 2007, 05:29 PM
Errm, maybe my memory is failing me... (has not played PSU in a while since laptop was goofing up and needs to reinstall it since it was repaired) but I never remember having to insert the PSU disk to play with any of the content. Rather I just installed with the dvds and that was that.

majorgamer55
Nov 18, 2007, 05:33 PM
its the same process Chii, but you still need to spent $40 for a new disk... i know rip off comes with fun you know.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Cry0
Nov 18, 2007, 05:37 PM
Nah, sega ripped me off one too many times. keeping the HL going for three more months even though I quit it, and having to call their friggin hotline. Paying 40 bucks more, plus the whoel agony of monthly (10 bucks, are you mad?) fees again, while i did it for so long on pso already. No thanks, ill stick with free online gaming thank you. even though my heart yearns for it... craves it... NO! must be strong. not give in. must not relapse!

Nyreal
Nov 18, 2007, 05:37 PM
Well. You could always torrent the iso...

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 18, 2007, 05:38 PM
You can buy the game yourself, or your friend can buy it, and you use his disc. Supposing that they haven't chosen to include a CD key this time (which I don't anticipate), all you need is the game installed on your computer. All things considered, $40 is fairly standard for an expansion to an MMO these days, but if it's too rich for your bud, maybe you get some of your buddies together, and you all chip in for one copy.

Chii
Nov 18, 2007, 05:39 PM
Ehh, I'm used to it... when it comes to expansions. Up until I recently started playing not so much I'd pre-ordered and paid for every expansion to Anarchy Online :> Which was 40 ish when the first game came out 30 for Notum wars, another 30 for Shadowlands, 30 for Alien invasion, and there is another expansion which is out now, but haven't bought since I don't play it for the time being. But that would be another 20 at least.

Most expansions cost money sadly, but in reading about this one it seems like it may be worth it considering it brings both online and offline content. Not to mention it seems to completely revamp the online interface, in terms of rooms, items, functionality etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chii on 2007-11-18 14:40 ]</font>