PDA

View Full Version : My brother is a fricking idiot

TheOneHero
Nov 18, 2007, 05:57 PM
I'm not in the mood to explain everything to everyone on why he's an idiot. (and I'm talking about my eldest brother we'll call Ev. He's 26)

Quick background.

He's a pot-head.
Almost aways drunk.
A drug-addict.
An asshole.
An abuser.
An user.
He'll degrade you in any way he can, regardless of who you are.
He'll attack you physically because you told him, "Don't take the dog out for a run when she's been throwing up and foaming all day."
He leaves lights, tvs, fans, anything electronic ALL DAY and throws a fit if you turn it off.
He's ungrateful.

Anyways, he just recently got a school loan so maybe he won't be such an idiot and get a real job. (Actually, "get a job" is more like it, cause he got fired at the theatre where I work, and helped him work.)

He gets 10,000$ for his school loan. That's to pay for everything he needs for the next 6 months. Which is MORE THAN ENOUGH! I've done his budgeting for him because he's an idiot.

Now, he's been complaining that he won't have enough money. Well, I forgot to take into account...

He needs booze.
Drugs.
Hookers.
An iPhone.
Ice cream. (No, seriously, he eats like a half gallon of it a day.)
Fast food, (again, that's all he eats, because chunky soup, ramen, cereal, meat, eggs, and normal food isn't "real food".)

He calls me today, said, "I bought a 360." Cool, I guess, I mean, he does have the money for it...oh wait, no he doesn't. Because he's blowing it on everything he DOESN'T need.

Then he tells me is with the "special edition Halo." That's the only reason he bought it. Now, the "special edition Halo" he's talking about is the one with the Master Chief Helmet. Why he went and spent a lot more money than he had to on a game that isn't even that great is beyond me.

But then he's a stupid assface who doesn't understand anything. Especially anything that matters.

It pisses me off so much that my parents co-signed for him for his loan. Then he just blows the money away.

We've tried to tell him, "Here's what you need." Explain to him he's GOING TO SCHOOL and doesn't need this and this, or that. But he pouts and screams and says, "I NEED THIS!!!!"

And get this.

He has classes a few times a week.

He tells us he DOESN'T do the homework.
He won't even go to class half the time.
And he's dropped out of at least 1 already because "I don't want the bad grades on my record."

Hey douchebag, do the homework, go to class, stop wasting your life and maybe you won't get "bad grades".

Yes, I know this is in FKL.

But you can be serious in FKL.

Sord
Nov 18, 2007, 06:04 PM
yeah, guy sounds like an asshole allright

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-11-18 15:18 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Nov 18, 2007, 06:08 PM
Yeah, that does suck.

possible un-fkl?

TalHex
Nov 18, 2007, 06:13 PM
i am so glad i'm an only child

Weeaboolits
Nov 18, 2007, 06:17 PM
Punch him directly in the throat.

Skuda
Nov 18, 2007, 06:18 PM
paradox!

*/ by zero*

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
My Potato brother is not an idiot.

But I call myself a doofus sometimes.

TheOneHero
Nov 18, 2007, 06:20 PM
I've been told to beat him with a sock full of oranges, tell him the Earth would make better use of his Carbon than he is, etc. etc. ._.

Sord
Nov 18, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-11-18 15:20, TheOneHero wrote:
I've been told to beat him with a sock full of oranges

gym sweat with the fragrance of oranges, both repugnent and pleasing at the same time? shit makes no sense! Make it bricks in a potatoe sack.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

JenJen902
Nov 18, 2007, 06:32 PM
seriously what a dick beat him to death

Weeaboolits
Nov 18, 2007, 06:37 PM
JenJen, your sig is too big. ;o

TalHex
Nov 18, 2007, 06:59 PM
XD beat him with the xbox he bought

Scrub
Nov 18, 2007, 07:02 PM
Didn't your parents hit him enough as a kid jesus christ

Solstis
Nov 19, 2007, 02:10 AM
Oh, I know some people like that. Well, not with all the same problems, but similar. Still, I've heard of people with worth financial woes, so don't be tooooo upset.

Worse. WORSE. WA:ROKFSm,dbf.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2007-11-18 23:10 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Nov 19, 2007, 09:12 AM
He's human what you expect?
It's well known that man is the most egotisitical self-centered form of life.

amtalx
Nov 19, 2007, 09:34 AM
The OP looks like some pretty decet song lyrics.

Atayin
Nov 19, 2007, 11:51 AM
Hookers AND the iPhone?! Is this guy insane? Some people are just bad with money- but this is downright silly.

I mean, hookers ok.. I don't condone prostitution at all, but I can see people irresponsibly wasting money on their natural urges. But AN iPHONE? WHAT.

And a 360 for the special edition Halo? Oh man. I think the most frustrating thing about being in your shoes right now, OneHero is that you and your parents obviously care a great deal about your brother... but despite all of your (admirable) efforts to help the guy out... he won't even lift a finger to help himself. So it's probably feeling like a lot of wasted stress and effort among many other things.

...but an IPHONE? Come on! I can't get over that.

TalHex
Nov 19, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-11-19 06:12, ShinMaruku wrote:
He's human what you expect?
It's well known that man is the most egotisitical self-centered form of life.

really i always assumed that was the pack rat... but then again OneHero's brother is giving them a good run for their money

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 19, 2007, 04:56 PM
You need to make sure he understands, first of all, that he will have to pay that $10,000 back with interest. They're going to want it just about as soon as he's finished with school. He can prolong it by staying in school longer, but he'll only incurr more debt, this way. Simply enough, he's put himself into quite a pickle, here. If he doesn't want creditors constantly bothering him and your parents, then he's gotta buckle the fuck down; put his petty desires asside and get his ass to work on his education-- he made the decision to go to college, and now he's gotta see it through. If he doesn't, he's just going to be a burden to the entire family, and some of you may be wont to cast that burden off, without concern.

On 2007-11-19 08:51, Atayin wrote:
I mean, hookers ok.. I don't condone prostitution at all, but I can see people irresponsibly wasting money on their natural urges. But AN iPHONE? WHAT.

Your display of priorities amuses me, greatly.

Leviathan
Nov 19, 2007, 05:02 PM
On 2007-11-19 13:56, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

On 2007-11-19 08:51, Atayin wrote:

Your display of priorities amuses me, greatly.

That last bit made me laugh, but he really is an asshole. (//_-)

Ma_Navu
Nov 19, 2007, 05:42 PM
An user.

Lawl.

TheOneHero
Nov 20, 2007, 11:52 AM
He knows he's going to have to pay back with interest, but he wants to live his life they way he does. We've told him several times he needs to grow up and get his life on track, but he won't listen.

On a side note, I suppose we can move this to rants. I'm sure I'll be posting more of his BS. ._.

Edit*

Like I said, more BS.

When he unveiled his 360, he asked if he could hook it up downstairs. (Where my set-up is, very nice, very expensive.)

Sure. I said, but you won't be able to actually plug it into my set-up, we tried when my friends brought there's over and it didn't work.

Okay he said.

I go to plug in my PS2 get a little bit in before I go to work.

Guess what? He tried to plug it directly into my set-up. Then, he didn't know what he was doing, and just shoved stuff where he thought it went.

I had audio cables in one port of the switch box, and the S-video...in another port. Okay, whatever.

Then, I see the the end of the cable (that plugs into my PS2)...shoved into the GameCube.

I am so pissed. ._.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2007-11-20 12:38 ]</font>

Sord
Nov 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
guess he never put the square block in the square hole as a kid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

well, it should be mighty amusing when he has all this stuff, no money to pay for it (or rather pay the loans back,) then has it all taken away.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 20, 2007, 04:28 PM
You need to appeal to his ego. Explain to him precisely what sort of path he's on, and explore how much of a loser that makes him. Show him the disrespect that he is earning, and with vigor-- he is displaying an inability to behave as an adult, so he should be treated as a child.

Noblewine
Nov 23, 2007, 12:48 PM
I let him learn the hard way and if he doesn't learn then I hope your parent wise up and don't give him any more support until he changes. My parents did the same thing when my brother had a drinking problem and thankfully he's gotten his problem under control a bit so we don't degrade him much anymore.

SStrikerR
Nov 24, 2007, 08:54 AM
put his master chief helmet on him, get a gun, shoot him, telll the police you thought he was a robber or something.

KodiaX987
Nov 24, 2007, 09:30 AM
Why bother?

Stop right away and think for a second:

Why bother?

He is throwing his cash away, he's buying himself anything except schooling, he will be in a giant amount of debt, and he doesn't care.

Why bother?

If he's that hellbent on killing himself so early like this, then there is nothing you can do about it. Quit stressing over it, focus your time and attention on something else, and when the dumbass comes back crying and whining that he screwed up again, tell him tough shit and leave him alone.

If he doesn't want to move out of his position on his own, everything you will do will be fruitless. It will be like teaching a rock how to swim. Remember the idiots in my class: they have been yelled at by every teacher they went up against, for two years, and not a single one has woken up and turned out good. They all either failed, made up excuses, or complained to the principal that the teacher was racist.

Get it?

Your brother is more dangerous to you than your worst enemy is. Let him go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2007-11-24 06:32 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Nov 27, 2007, 08:17 PM
Six years...

My mother left today for Arizona (to finish up the closing on the house down there) and the moment she left, my brother decides it's time to break out the pot.

First, he took it out of his room and left the door open; now the basement smells like skunk.

Then he decided to smoke it in the garage because "it's too cold outside to smoke". He left the door from the garage to the house open.

Now he has it lying around upstairs in my dad's office/spare bedroom. (Brother isn't even supposed to be in there, both my parents have yelled at him about it because he has no respect for anything in the house and makes a huge mess and ruins everything.)

So, anyway, the office/bedroom smells like skunk, he's sprawled out over the bed with his face glazed with ice cream/frosting/pie because he's a fat ass who falls asleep while eating and shitting.

I seriously want to call the cops on him and get him arrested. He grows pot. He has quite a bit of it. I am 100% positive he'd be locked away for 6 years just on the pot issue.

If I wanted, I could throw in animal cruelty, driving without a license, (he lost it at a strip club and wouldn't tell me parents "where" he lost it), buying and selling legal and non-legal drugs, etc. etc.

Or maybe I'll just wait till what's left of my family move to Arizona, give my jerk-off brother a month on his own...then call the cops. =D

Edit*

Idiot

My dog is dying. Fifteen years old. She's covered in tumors, puking, craping, strokes, and is almost completely blind. She's old, she's had it, she needs to die. I want to put her down, but Ev is like, "YOU GUYS CAN'T KILL MY DOG!"

He doesn't take care of her at all.

When she throws up, or falls down the stairs, etc. etc. He yells at her, calls her stupid and hits her. Tells her she needs to stop or he won't love her anymore.

Tonight she collapsed, puked, and stopped breathing for a little.

He yells at her.

"You just had that nice bath and you throw up all over yourself! STOP STUPID DOG!"

Then what does he do? Gets an uber-duper cleaner out. One that you know, 1/8 of a cup of cleaner for a gallon of water. Dilute. Dilute. DILUTE! TOXIC TO PETS!

He dumps it all over the floor, where my dog is laying trying to get her strength back up.

The, using the rag with the cleaner on it, he WIPES OFF THE PUKE FROM HER! He rubs it into her body!

I hate that kid. -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2007-11-27 23:26 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Nov 28, 2007, 03:05 AM
It would probably be a good idea to call the cops on him, although doing so would likely ruin any future relationship between the two of you, unless he totally wises up after doing some time.

Shuri's advice is also worth considering. I was dealing with an obnoxious person lately, and nothing came of it. I finally realized, I was wasting too much of my own time dealing with some asshole who didn't want to change. At this point, I severed all contact with him.

EDIT: In light of your most recent edit to your latest post before mine, I only wish to emphasize what I suggested. Strongly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2007-11-28 00:11 ]</font>

joluh
Nov 28, 2007, 05:05 AM
You need to stop complaining and actually do something about it, your parents as well, I don't know how you deal with those situations, everytime I've been near something like that, I put an end to it before it even starts, instead of complaining about it on the internet.

DizzyDi
Nov 28, 2007, 09:27 AM
On 2007-11-24 06:30, KodiaX987 wrote:
Why bother?
[snip]

I really couldn't have save it better myself.
You know this dude is an asshole so why are you even wasting time worrying about him?
Let him ruin his life, its no skin off your back.

ZephyrCat
Nov 28, 2007, 04:02 PM
I've known people like this before...ugh. :/ I'm sorry you have to deal with all that, especially since your family clearly cares very much for him.

Seriously, call the cops on him. Maybe doing some time will force him to see what an ass he is.

Scrub
Nov 29, 2007, 10:08 AM
No police. No ostracizing. No lectures.

If someone was treating MY pet like that? Treating MY house like that? Give him a beating. A good one.

TheOneHero
Nov 29, 2007, 06:37 PM
On 2007-11-29 07:08, Scrub wrote:
No police. No ostracizing. No lectures.

If someone was treating MY pet like that? Treating MY house like that? Give him a beating. A good one.

Funny you mention that.

Because I have, several times.

And he still defies us.

My other brother, Josh, is a doctor; the stupid brother, Ev (26) got into an heated debated about human and animal anatomy.

Josh told him one thing, and Ev was like, "just cause you're a doctor doesn't mean you know anything about the body!"

-_-

Sadly Josh returned home after the Holidays...

Sord
Nov 29, 2007, 06:54 PM
in that case, call the cops, then only afterwards take Shuri's advice