PDA

View Full Version : 4th Quarter PSU population system check!

Saner
Nov 18, 2007, 07:29 PM
Which system are you currently playing PSU on now? (it doesn't count if you played on another system in the past).

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 07:30 PM
Xbox 360, but I plan to switch to PS2/PC eventually.

McLaughlin
Nov 18, 2007, 07:30 PM
Why even do this kind of shit? Nothing good could possibly come of it.

buzyb77
Nov 18, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 2007-11-18 16:30, Zantra wrote:

wow um wow....that's like saying I have a MP3player in my car now but I plan on ripping that out and installing a 8-Track player soon...

Saner
Nov 18, 2007, 07:37 PM
well ya let's be respectful, it's not about clashing preferences, and it doesn't matter if one gets more votes than others, it's just a neutral survey. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 07:38 PM
On 2007-11-18 16:33, buzyb77 wrote:

wow um wow....that's like saying I have a MP3player in my car now but I plan on ripping that out and installing a 8-Track player soon...

And... it goes down hill.

No, it's like saying I want offline Episode 2 story mode, and the ability to take screenshots, and get patches earlier than Xbox 360, and the ability to buy 5 months of online play and get a month free, and to be able to access the online mode from either my PS2 or my PC, and the ability to cancel my account from a website, whenever I want, and not have to deal with a microsoft employee for 20 minutes Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.

Plus, our community sucks... it's really going downhill, all the spammers, and losers from the demo have started seeping into the real game, and the release of the expansion being so easy to obtain, is just going to make it worse for Xbox 360 players in the long run. Plus, the way it seems to me, Sega eventually gives up on Xbox, and Microsoft only keeps the servers up, to keep making money (looks at the Xbox PSO servers, which are still in endless winter)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-18 16:44 ]</font>

aquafire
Nov 18, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-11-18 16:33, buzyb77 wrote:

Not if your pc is up-to-date..and I've heard ps2 can have less slowdown than 360 for some people.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 18, 2007, 07:41 PM
PC/Ps2 for me... getting my PC revisited tomorrow, just in time for AoI. What a coincidence! (sp? whichever way I write that word just looks wrong right now..)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2007-11-18 16:42 ]</font>

zandra117
Nov 18, 2007, 07:42 PM
360 Star Check http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif ...

Current Status:
Universe 1 = 5 full stars
Universe 2 = 5 full stars
Universe 3 through 30 = 1 half star
No Blanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-11-18 16:46 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Nov 18, 2007, 07:42 PM
360 for me...

Dhylec
Nov 18, 2007, 07:43 PM
It's obvious that 360 has more players than PC/PS2, but that's nothing compared to JP. We are, in all, a smaller community here, so no need to divide it any further, yeah?

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 07:47 PM
On 2007-11-18 16:43, Dhylec wrote:
It's obvious that 360 has more players than PC/PS2, but that's nothing compared to JP. We are, in all, a smaller community here, so no need to divide it any further, yeah?

Yes, and more players equals more... trouble.

We have a higher A-hole ratio than PS2/PC does.

That's why i'm switching, and if i'm wrong about PS2/PC, I can easily cancel at their website, instead of having a Microsoft rep, from India, try to sell me a gold account, when all I want to do is cancel.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-18 16:48 ]</font>

Kinako78
Nov 18, 2007, 07:48 PM
I think the idea of the poll is just to see where everyone is.

As for me, PS2.

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 07:51 PM
I think PS2/PC should have been one option in the poll, as they play together on the same servers, and therefore, it's technically the same version. Because if it was done that way (at least right now) PS2/PC would be "winning".

Saner
Nov 18, 2007, 08:06 PM
On 2007-11-18 16:38, Zantra wrote:
[quote]On 2007-11-18 16:33, buzyb77 wrote:
[quote]On 2007-11-18 16:30, Zantra wrote:

Plus, our community sucks... it's really going downhill, all the spammers, and losers from the demo have started seeping into the real game, and the release of the expansion being so easy to obtain, is just going to make it worse for Xbox 360 players in the long run. Plus, the way it seems to me, Sega eventually gives up on Xbox, and Microsoft only keeps the servers up, to keep making money (looks at the Xbox PSO servers, which are still in endless winter)

well you can mute the spammers permanently.

and it helps to join a good team/clan to keep having fun around a small but humble community circle that's respectful. if FF11 taught me anything is that you can't have much fun if you don't try meeting up with the right people/clans/posse to have a good time.
when I was in a linkshell, everyone treated each other as friends, but I was feeling left out cause I couldn't party with them (well it was a huge level difference and required quest completion difference), but ya felt like a radio-friend instead of a fellow adventurer you actually team up with your clan/whatever members. So ya it's not really about how many people, it's about the right ppl you share your experience with.

ya I agree it's a pain needing to phonecall MS if you need to cancel for whatever reason until you are later able/interested in coming back. but it's really not that big of a deal like calling circuit city customer service to connect you to the right department. ^_^;

but ya, preferences may vary. it's just too bad they couldn't link 360 with the other servers. but I don't think Sega will give up on Xbox360 since it seems to have more people in the US servers, and therefore more customers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

Saner
Nov 18, 2007, 08:08 PM
[quote]On 2007-11-18 16:33, buzyb77 wrote:
[quote]On 2007-11-18 16:30, Zantra wrote:

well you can mute the spammers permanently.

and it helps to join a good team/clan to keep having fun around a small but humble community circle that's respectful. if FF11 taught me anything is that you can't have much fun if you don't try meeting up with the right people/clans/posse to have a good time.
when I was in a linkshell, everyone treated each other as friends, but I was feeling left out cause I couldn't party with them (well it was a huge level difference and required quest completion difference), but ya felt like a radio-friend instead of a fellow adventurer you actually team up with your clan/whatever members. So ya it's not really about how many people, it's about the right ppl you share your experience with.

ya I agree it's a pain needing to phonecall MS if you need to cancel for whatever reason until you are later able/interested in coming back. but it's really not that big of a deal like calling circuit city customer service to connect you to the right department. ^_^;

but ya, preferences may vary. it's just too bad they couldn't link 360 with the other servers. but I don't think Sega will give up on Xbox360 since it seems to have more people in the US servers, and therefore more customers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

On 2007-11-18 16:51, Zantra wrote:
I think PS2/PC should have been one option in the poll, as they play together on the same servers, and therefore, it's technically the same version. Because if it was done that way (at least right now) PS2/PC would be "winning".

ya sowwy I should of done that, it makes sense.

PALRAPPYS
Nov 18, 2007, 08:13 PM

And... it goes down hill.

No, it's like saying I want offline Episode 2 story mode, and the ability to take screenshots, and get patches earlier than Xbox 360, and the ability to buy 5 months of online play and get a month free, and to be able to access the online mode from either my PS2 or my PC, and the ability to cancel my account from a website, whenever I want, and not have to deal with a microsoft employee for 20 minutes Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.

I personally like our servers. The Spammers can be avoided, and the a-holes don't have to be dealt with. There goes the people who bother you.

Plus, if Sega gives up on the 360 version, as long as it's after they've stop updating all versions, I'm perfectly fine with that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I want to keep my characters!

Saner
Nov 18, 2007, 08:18 PM
well if they ever cancel the the 360 servers completely, they should give a free patch that lets people access everything offline. the community deserves it if Sega dares to abandon them. but realistically, they'll probably continue supporting the servers to milk money, they just won't update it anymore.

but anyways it's too early to think about that now, AOI is 2 steps away from release, and much fun to look forward to. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif