PDA

View Full Version : Newman AF question...

aquafire
Nov 18, 2007, 07:33 PM
Everyone keeps telling me that the atp on a newman AF would make them horrible ><...plz tell me if this is true.I say that the shadoog damage would make up for it, but I'm not sure.

Nyreal
Nov 18, 2007, 07:34 PM
I was pondering this as well. Wouldn't newmen have slightly higher EVP?

pikachief
Nov 18, 2007, 07:44 PM
newmans should be fine AT's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

aquafire
Nov 18, 2007, 07:46 PM
well I know they'd make good At's but what about AF...it's usually beasts ftw:/

pikachief
Nov 18, 2007, 07:46 PM
oh everytime someone says AF i read it as acrotecher and evertime someone says AT i read it as acrofighter >.<

aquafire
Nov 18, 2007, 07:49 PM
lol I do the same sometimes....alright thanks.

unicorn
Nov 19, 2007, 02:33 AM
I heard they actually do pretty well. They have the highest TP for shadoogs, with a very high TP mod to use shadoogs correctly. And although they have the lowest ATP, they have the highest EVP, which AF has an incredibly high mod for as well, making the differences in EVP very noticable.

Newmans don't make the most "obvious" AFs (most people would stick with Cast or Beast), but they'll make the most "different" AFs (specializing in other areas that AF does very well at).

IMO, Newmans are probably better off as AFs than they would be as FFs, FIs, and PTs.

Zael
Nov 19, 2007, 02:38 AM
No. Melee is so good, even Newmans can be good with it.

BaconZero
Nov 19, 2007, 04:28 AM
On 2007-11-18 23:38, Zael wrote:
No. Melee is so good, even Newmans can be good with it.

I agree. My main is a female Newman FF. With the stat update combined with just attack, man, everything is so much better now, lol. So a Newman AF, that would be perfectly fine. But if your a 'stat nut', that may not be a good choice.