PDA

View Full Version : PSU(The Demo)Never seen this on the full game.

Saligun
Nov 18, 2007, 09:33 PM
I finally been able to play the PSU's demo and found universe 2 too have 5 full stars yet i have never seen a full universe on the regular PSU game(USA) not even during the 1up cup deal.From what i have read about this demo i never would have guessed that so many people would be on it at any one time.There's no way there could be that many weirdo's online in any demo at any time.So maybe the demo's not just for the weirdo's after all.

_MorningStar_
Nov 18, 2007, 10:01 PM
There are some good ppl on the demo but alot of ppl use it as a chat room
which is why u find weirdos. I have a friend on the demo so I still play it.

PALRAPPYS
Nov 18, 2007, 10:02 PM
360: Had 2 full universes a bit earlier today

Pc/Ps2: Do you play on it? That would explain why.

HalfDarShadow
Nov 18, 2007, 10:14 PM
actually during the summer we almost filled up three universes.

and during 1up ppl were in all universes.

i personally think the demo should be deleted, nothing against anyone or anything but its not fair how people are too lazy(no offense) to pay for the real game.

i can understand if your having fiancial problems and cant afford it but for the rest its another story.

if people keep playing the demo, theyll never get to experience the real game. =/

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 10:19 PM
Why pay for the cow, when you can get the milk for free?

Sure... it's non-fat milk (2% at best) but, it's still free milk.

Saner
Nov 18, 2007, 10:21 PM
well they are kind to let players play the original version for free online. I'm sure there are some little innocent children who are enjoying it despite how little it offers.

though if they closed the free demo servers, I wonder if that would increase GL subsciptions? either that or they are keeping the demo servers up to test something.

ah well.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

Zantra
Nov 18, 2007, 10:25 PM
On 2007-11-18 19:21, Saner wrote:
well they are kind to let players play the original version for free online. I'm sure there are some little innocent children who are enjoying it despite how little it offers.

though if they closed the free demo servers, I wonder if that would increase GL subsciptions? either that or they are keeping the demo servers up to test something.

ah well.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

I think Extra mode was the main problem, if they didn't include extra mode, and were dead set on only letting you make your own character, if you played online. Then, I think that more people would have gone online (at least in the beginning).

Adding Episode 2 offline to AOI makes sense, because it's a full fledged game, but people who play Extra mode, and then go online expecting the same kind of gameplay, are sadly dissapointed.

pikachief
Nov 18, 2007, 10:31 PM
On 2007-11-18 18:33, Saligun wrote:
I finally been able to play the PSU's demo and found universe 2 too have 5 full stars yet i have never seen a full universe on the regular PSU game(USA) not even during the 1up cup deal.From what i have read about this demo i never would have guessed that so many people would be on it at any one time.There's no way there could be that many weirdo's online in any demo at any time.So maybe the demo's not just for the weirdo's after all.

there is like half as many people there as on 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

also r u on rihgt now!? i got my PSU disc broke and my parents refuse to buy me another game till X-mas!!! T_T

so yea lets play demo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HalfDarShadow
Nov 18, 2007, 11:11 PM
yea. i guess i can understand otherwise, but....i dunno....just strange.....=/

for extra mode, if they added more achievements, it would increase more ppl decated to it to play more extra....

youh kno wat i mean

gryphonvii
Nov 18, 2007, 11:16 PM
I like demo weekends

Dragwind
Nov 18, 2007, 11:22 PM
People still play that demo? Wow...haha.

AnimeSister
Nov 19, 2007, 01:36 AM
What is the demo like anyway? Since our xbox live is acting up; I've never really had the chance to play it. I brought the real game first before even trying so I have no idea : ( (*sniff* xbox live, when we really need you, you fail to recover our gamertag...*sniff* lol)

BanF
Nov 19, 2007, 02:28 AM
The demo is basically the colony minus the starport missions, plus the first missions in Parum and Neudaiz. Cap level is 30. Like they said, since it's free, a lot of people are there, but no, they're not nearly as many as the people who pay (on the other hand, the people who pay come and go since they're scattered all over the world, while the demo crowd seems to be mostly US people). And among those people, there are a lot of peddlers and such.

Immortal44
Nov 19, 2007, 02:29 AM
complain about the demo all you want it still doesnt change the fact that the xbox has a higher pop with the demo than the pc/ps2 have without it. Its like they are constantly advertising there game on the xbox where as the pc/ps2 have no advertising and no way of people finding out what the game is like without buying it.
point: ps2/pc need more advertising (but its probably too late now anyways to worry about it)

Syl
Nov 19, 2007, 02:33 AM
On 2007-11-18 18:33, Saligun wrote:

I still say the demo is full of idiots =/

Higher population doesn't exactly qualify for better quality. Stop with the offline obsession <_<

Aviva
Nov 19, 2007, 02:38 AM
my room mate and my boyfriend play the demo during the weekly updates and such LOL

I prefer the old school PSO during updates