PDA

View Full Version : This is aimed more at JP PSU. Absolute Dance, good PA?

Agnostic187
Nov 19, 2007, 02:48 AM
How is the damage on Absolute Dance beyond 21?

Is it pretty good or is it relatively weak?

bahk
Nov 19, 2007, 02:56 AM
Looks absolutely awful.
And from what I've read here the Japs seem to agree.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 19, 2007, 03:17 AM
Bitch to level, but it rips up some bosses decently well.

Zantra
Nov 19, 2007, 03:19 AM
On 2007-11-19 00:17, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Bitch to level, but it rips up some bosses decently well.

AGREE'd

Nai_Calus
Nov 19, 2007, 03:24 AM
I have it, but it's L3, largely due to the first hit being almost completely unusable. 1 hit on 3 enemies, slower than molasses and low starting ATA mod on a low-ATA weapon type = Kill me prz. I also mostly play in open games, which aren't the place to be levelling PAs with a shitty opening hit. XP

I'm up to seeing one Fighgunner with it past L11. It seemed OK enough then, but still slow. Most I see with Tornado Dance still, which might have about half the max ATP mod but wastes no time in getting down to business. Also, in the time you can do one combo of the first and second parts of AD, you could pretty much do Tornado Dance twice, which even with the lower ATP mod stands a good chance of being better DPS. XP

Dein
Nov 19, 2007, 09:17 AM
On 2007-11-18 23:48, Agnostic187 wrote:
How is the damage on Absolute Dance beyond 21?

Is it pretty good or is it relatively weak?

AD is strong, it's ATP mod is 430% at lvl 40. I use it often and I can do about 2k with the first hit and 1.2kish each hit with the second part, and 1.8k~ish with the last hit. That's with JA of course but the skill is arguably the best Double Saber PA. Tornado Dance might be faster but unlike Absolute Dance Tornado Dance is only really useful for large enemies. As for the speed of the first attack, people honestly over exaggerate how slow it is. It takes about 1 second delay to use the first attack but it's not terrible, you'll just have to get used to it.

Lyrise
Nov 19, 2007, 11:58 AM
Agreed. Dein is the only one crazy enough to get it beyond 31, mine is only 27. I honestly cannot see myself getting this one to 40, not just for the levelling speed, but also because I am head-over-heels in love with the damage output of Cross Hurricane (The fact that twinsabers are easy to mass produce plays a big role in this too, since the only doublesaber I will use is Clairedoubles; no boat oars for me).

But anyone who can bring this PA to 21+ will be very satisfied at its damage output per PP. Just don't use part 3 unless you really need breathing space.

DONTOSE
Nov 19, 2007, 12:35 PM
This pa sounds powerful cant wait to get it! what does it look like anyone have a video link?

DragonStorm
Nov 19, 2007, 12:45 PM
its on youtube...cant get link atm tho lol sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DONTOSE
Nov 19, 2007, 12:47 PM
lol its ok ill go check on youtube then.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 19, 2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewTybBosRW4

Agnostic187
Nov 20, 2007, 01:43 AM
Hmm, how insanely hard are we talking about on the leveling? If used enough, can it get to 21 in a week?