PDA

View Full Version : When do people buy PSU Expansion???

mizukage
Nov 19, 2007, 01:29 PM
Not sure how many people play extra mode, but on a different thread here... A moderator had pointed out that by starting a game in AOI, some of the weapons and items that are missed in PSU will be lost forever, which includes the awesome...Dagger of Serafi.

On top of that, many of the S-ranks won't be available in NPC shops at the start of the game if they aren't purchased in PSU beforehand.

I haven't decided to purchase the game on the release date or not yet, because I still need to put at least 30 hours, if not 50 hours into PSU extra mode. Considering that I play less than 20 hours a week, its kinda stupid if I buy the game on the release date and not play it for another 2-3 weeks..

Off-topic: I had bought tons of other nice games awhile back and haven't got a chance to play any of them properly yet (without skipping the intro, cutscenes, etc..). Will I make AOI an exception or not? Maybe, maybe not... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-11-19 11:08 ]</font>

MrPOW
Nov 19, 2007, 02:52 PM
No option for XBL Marketplace?

Rizen
Nov 19, 2007, 02:53 PM
From my experience, I always preorder at Gamestop because usually they are the cheapest price around. Other places are usually $5 more to buy.

Scline
Nov 19, 2007, 02:59 PM
Store Release Date fer sure, Any game I've been waiting to get, I start my hunt at 11:59 PM the night before it's official release date.. and if they don't have it, I wake up at 9 AM and bum rush the stores one more time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scline on 2007-11-19 12:00 ]</font>

KamiSori
Nov 19, 2007, 03:00 PM
does anyone know when it goes for sale on XBL? (hoping for 1 AMish)

mizukage
Nov 19, 2007, 03:00 PM
On 2007-11-19 11:52, MrPOW wrote:
No option for XBL Marketplace?

Oopsie!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Sorri, I forgot about X360...

Tsundere
Nov 19, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-11-19 10:29, mizukage wrote:
Not sure how many people play extra mode, but on a different thread here... A moderator had pointed out that by starting a game in AOI, some of the weapons and items that are missed in PSU will be lost forever, which includes the awesome...Dagger of Serafi.

On top of that, many of the S-ranks won't be available in NPC shops at the start of the game if they aren't purchased in PSU beforehand.

I haven't decided to purchase the game on the release date or not yet, because I still need to put at least 30 hours, if not 50 hours into PSU extra mode. Considering that I play less than 20 hours a week, its kinda stupid if I buy the game on the release date and not play it for another 2-3 weeks..

Off-topic: I had bought tons of other nice games awhile back and haven't got a chance to play any of them properly yet (without skipping the intro, cutscenes, etc..). Will I make AOI an exception or not? Maybe, maybe not... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-11-19 11:08 ]</font>

This is all from memory, so I could be wrong:

Dagger of Serafi is dropped at the S rank Colony mission. The armor is dropped by rappies.

You are correct about the S ranks. In fact, the S rank units will not be sold by at the npc even after you complete the story mode. Better be sure to buy them before you start playing AotI!