PDA

View Full Version : AOTI INFO GAMESTOP & GAMECRAZY

Alamar
Nov 19, 2007, 02:21 PM
I called today for my PS2 and PC copies it seems that at Gamecrazy the copy will be in around Noon. And as for gamestop(the store here) told me that it won't be in till WEDS. Just thought everyone would like to know when these 2 stores are getting there copies in if you preordered it. Gamecrazy gets shipments in everyday and it seems Weds. is the shipments for Gamestop. Well one more day for PA leveling for me. Hope this info helps.

MattMattic
Nov 19, 2007, 02:23 PM
of coarse this all depends on location of the store aswell, west, east coast?

Alamar
Nov 19, 2007, 02:25 PM
i am on the East coast. like I said that is the stores here. I was hoping that launch means it is availible then but not so for gamestop. the store here any ways. Just thought I would post the info i was told for people to see.

Kylie
Nov 19, 2007, 02:26 PM
On 2007-11-19 11:23, MattMattic wrote:

Indeed. I'm almost 100% certain that no store around here (Louisiana) will have it in until Wednesday. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them didn't have them in at noon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Alamar
Nov 19, 2007, 02:27 PM
Yes true. no problem lol I have a ton of bullets to level so I will stay busy lol

Remedy
Nov 19, 2007, 02:28 PM
It would seem, according to their site, that GameCrazy doesn't have AotI for PC. *shrug* I'll be checking the one near me anyways, though. Most of tomorrow afternoon will be spent trying to find a copy that day instead of waiting until Wednesday for the one I put five bucks on at Gamestop.

epr18
Nov 19, 2007, 02:28 PM
noooooo i have to wait other day? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Alamar
Nov 19, 2007, 02:29 PM
This does depend on location as stated above. But for me on the East coast(Ohio) this the the dates for me. well off to work Blah!!!

Sol_B4dguy
Nov 19, 2007, 02:31 PM
Meh, I work tomorrow and wednesday anyways. Even if I find a copy, it's gonna be a bit before I can log on at all.

But, yeah, most east coast stores get new stuff the day after the ship date, so Wednesday seems like the most likely time it'll be in.

Remedy
Nov 19, 2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I just called Gamecrazy and they said they won't have it for PC, just PS2.

Oh well. *scratches Gamecrazy off of list of places to go after work on Tuesday*

Kylie
Nov 19, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-11-19 11:32, Remedy wrote:
Yeah, I just called Gamecrazy and they said they won't have it for PC, just PS2.

Oh well. *scratches Gamecrazy off of list of places to go after work on Tuesday*

I don't even think we have a Gamecrazy over this way, which is odd since I live only four hours from you. Oh well, they don't sound too impressive anyways. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I didn't even plan to look for a copy on Tuesday because it'd probably be a waste of time ((( for me ))), but I guess it wouldn't hurt to stop by a few places if I go out.

Remedy
Nov 19, 2007, 02:40 PM
Eh, I have nothing better to do. My plans for tomorrow after work are to check a few stores around here (Wal-Mart, Target, a couple of malls), have lunch at Renaissance Plaza, check a couple other stores, then head home and go back to Sleeping Warriors S2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DraginHikari
Nov 19, 2007, 02:41 PM
Oddly my Gamestop (Grand Island, NE) told me it would more then likely be in on Tuesday >>;;

Rizen
Nov 19, 2007, 02:45 PM
*prays for Mass Effect for Gamestop*

Tsundere
Nov 19, 2007, 02:47 PM
When I preordered it at Gamestop a month ago, they told me the 21st. However, when I called them yesterday they told it would be in on the 20th.

I assume the newer info I recieved is correct. At least, I hope it is.

Anduril
Nov 19, 2007, 02:50 PM
Seeing as I want to actually play the expanded Offline mode (damn you 360), I'm going to be looking around at the 2 Gamestops, 1 EB games, and Best Buy near my home tomorrow and Wednesday for a PC copy. I was going to order it from Amazon, but I wouldn't get it until the 27th....

Kylie
Nov 19, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-11-19 11:41, DraginHikari wrote:
Oddly my Gamestop (Grand Island, NE) told me it would more then likely be in on Tuesday >>;;

NE... NE... Nebraska?

Interesting. I just might give my GameStop a call today or tomorrow because Nebraska is almost aligned with my state in size, population, and location (horizontally). It would make sense for Louisiana to get it tomorrow if Nebraska is... Yes, calling them would be best; GS is on the other side of town.

DraginHikari
Nov 19, 2007, 02:55 PM
I kinda took what they say with a grain of salt actually... because they said the same thing at PSU original release... I'm just going to call on Tuesday and hope for the best XD

Cathbar
Nov 19, 2007, 02:57 PM
I just called my local gamestop, and appearantly they're going to start selling it tomorrow (Virginia).

Rizen
Nov 19, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-11-19 11:57, Cathbar wrote:
I just called my local gamestop, and appearantly they're going to start selling it tomorrow (Virginia).

VIRGINIA!?!?! HECK YEA! AND I DON'T HAVE CLASS!

Cathbar
Nov 19, 2007, 03:00 PM
Lol, glad I could hlep http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dragwind
Nov 19, 2007, 03:05 PM
Gamestop here says tomorrow for us. (MA)

BLADE_EDGE
Nov 19, 2007, 03:07 PM
well it just goes to show how expansions on ps2 and pc arent reliable from stores, all the more reason to get a 360.....

Kylie
Nov 19, 2007, 03:14 PM
Well, crap. Just called them, and they said Wednesday. D:

McLaughlin
Nov 19, 2007, 03:15 PM
*Purchases Microsoft Points*

Well, I'm set.

Larsa
Nov 19, 2007, 03:23 PM
Were they smart and include a CD Key this go around? Or is that still up in the air?

McLaughlin
Nov 19, 2007, 03:24 PM
Seeing as the game isn't out yet, I'm going to go with "up in the air."

Teh_pozzum
Nov 19, 2007, 03:24 PM
I know for a fact that the gamestop I got to gets it's new game shipment at 2:30 PM on Tuesdays... (I've been there two or three times now when they've gotten the shipments) However they take so long to process most of the time they can't sell you any of them until 4 or 5... So I'm gonna go in at like 3 and hope they get the AOI box first (it's pretty much the only time of the day I can get a ride >.>)

Reginaldo
Nov 19, 2007, 04:08 PM
Well 11/20 is the ship date, meaning they'll start deliveries of the game tomorrow. This isn't always the case though as some places get their copies earlier oddly enough.

Your best bet is to just call all stores that carry games around you and hope for the best. Besides the two stores mentioned already try places like K-Mart or Wal-Mart. They're known for not really giving a crap/knowing about street dates:P

I got New Super Mario Bros two days early from K-Mart xD, hopfully I luck out with AoI tomorrow:)

Zekester
Nov 19, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-11-19 11:26, Kylie wrote:

Indeed. I'm almost 100% certain that no store around here (Louisiana) will have it in until Wednesday. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them didn't have them in at noon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Aww, this sucks. Im also in Louisiana, and I guess I should call now. Though I never pre-ordered a copy, but it won't be like a Halo3 where you HAVE to preorder.

Saito S
Nov 19, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-11-19 12:07, BLADE_EDGE wrote:
well it just goes to show how expansions on ps2 and pc arent reliable from stores, all the more reason to get a 360.....
lol wut
That's the most illogical thing I've heard all month.

Actually, weather a game will be available in retail stores on the "release date" or not till the next day often depends on the store's location, at least with GameStop/EB Games. How close it is to she "shipping hub" for that region, how close it is to the UPS/FedEx/whoever processing center. etc... Also, for certain games (Halo 2), they will make DAMN sure that every store in the area has them that night, with overnight shipping, or say, the district manager stuffing as many copies as he can into his car from the shipping hub store and driving around to all the other stores (including ours), and handing them off. Man, that was a crazy night. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But for something like PSU, they are not gonna break their back to get it into stores on the 20th. It all just comes down to the speed of the shipment and the location of the store. So for those of you who have a local store getting it ON the 20th, consider yourselves lucky. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And Zekester... Better call them and make sure they are getting any at all, or any beyond pre-order copies. This isn't true for the big stores like Best Buy/Wal-Mart, etc. but for GameStop, often with a small or niche title, a store will get in EXACTLY as many copies as have been pre-ordered. If there were no pre-orders, they may get none at all. This is especially true for the PC version. Dunno if PSU is "small or niche" enough for that to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me, so give em a call soon.

Pengfishh
Nov 19, 2007, 04:31 PM
I went to my Gamecrazy here abouts Dallas and they're getting it tomorrow, not sure exactly when.

Otis_Kat
Nov 19, 2007, 04:34 PM
On 2007-11-19 11:28, Remedy wrote:
It would seem, according to their site, that GameCrazy doesn't have AotI for PC.

Game Crazy doesn't stock PC games fresh anymore at all. Well that's what the manager told me like last year.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otis_Kat on 2007-11-19 13:35 ]</font>

pionear
Nov 19, 2007, 04:48 PM
I will probably get it this week...but Im going out ot town for the Holidays, so I won't be able to play it until the weekend at the earliest.

Neoptolemus
Nov 19, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-11-19 11:50, Anduril wrote:
Seeing as I want to actually play the expanded Offline mode (damn you 360), I'm going to be looking around at the 2 Gamestops, 1 EB games, and Best Buy near my home tomorrow and Wednesday for a PC copy. I was going to order it from Amazon, but I wouldn't get it until the 27th....

You can scratch Best Buy off the list. The sku in the system went to deleted status about three weeks ago (meaning that none will be ordered from that point on). I have been watching it in the system for the last few weeks, and checked it again yesterday. There are none on order for ANY Best Buy throughout the entire midwest, and adding the fact that the sku is in deleted status, I would assume that this would hold true for the rest of the nation as well.

DraginHikari
Nov 19, 2007, 05:26 PM
On 2007-11-19 12:07, BLADE_EDGE wrote:

That's just ridculious and as stated before you're not seeing the conflict is shipping not avalibility.

-Xios-
Nov 19, 2007, 05:28 PM
Haha, I called:

Best Buy-The black lady I talk to acted so retarded and put me on hold for like 10mins / Hang UP.
EB Games}-Dosn't Sell PC games unless pre-order.
Gamestop}-Dosn't Sell PC games unless pre-order.
Wal-Mart-Said they wont know till tommarow.
Target-Won't Have it.
Gamecrazy-Only for PS2.

Does anyone know WHERE the PC version will be sold for sure? I thought Best Buy would be my best bet... but if not I will have to pre-order it I guess...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Xios- on 2007-11-19 14:33 ]</font>

Kismet
Nov 19, 2007, 05:36 PM
Err, what's the point of this thread again? To complain about what stores will have it and what stores will? Oh, okay...

I'm pretty sure Gamestops in/near my area will have it. I got PSU on the day it came out from one, so I highly believe they'll have AoI as well. :]

Although I'm kind of wishing I attempted to apply to Gamestop earlier (I want to work there). I wouldn't of had to worry at all... either that or I'd already have a copy.

Wallin
Nov 19, 2007, 05:38 PM
NY - one of my Gamestops said the 21st, didn't bother with the others though I remember one I annoyed last year when PSU came out and I called them like 4 times in 24-hours asking if they got it in yet. I don't even know what Gamecrazy is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And I said this in another post, Bestbuy.com doesn't list it neither does Circuit City, Walmart.com says online only, so does Target which also said it wouldn't get it until Thanksgiving Day. So unhelpful...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-11-19 14:39 ]</font>

-Xios-
Nov 19, 2007, 07:01 PM
ALrighty, I just went down to Gamestop and today was the last day I was able to pre-order it so I did that and wammy. Looks like Ill have me a copy by tommarow or the 21st.

Sha Sha
Nov 19, 2007, 07:05 PM
I preordered AOi for ps2 at my gamestop they said it should arrive later tonight and then they'll wait for tomorrow for release. we do the same thing when my store release Jorden basketball shoes. We usually get them 2-3 days before release and just keep them in back till the release Day when we sell out before noon

Kismet
Nov 19, 2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah. WTF is a Gamecrazy? Sounds fruity. XD

Kinako78
Nov 19, 2007, 08:23 PM
Hmmm...maybe I should call my Gamestop to be sure...I don't want to have to walk over there two days in a row.

Edit: Well, it's still wednesday for me...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinako78 on 2007-11-19 17:29 ]</font>

Jao
Nov 19, 2007, 08:26 PM
so is game crazy all over the us? or just west coast?

Wallin
Nov 19, 2007, 08:30 PM
I didn't even bother to preorder. At this point it would probably be a waste of time, I'd be stuck buying it from a specific Gamestop if I put money down on it, and if they weren't getting it before putting it into their system one day before shipping probably won't change anything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Foxfire15
Nov 19, 2007, 08:46 PM
On 2007-11-19 16:05, Kismet wrote:
Yeah. WTF is a Gamecrazy? Sounds fruity. XD

Gamecrazy is a game store that is part of or partnered with Hollywood Video. They're all over the place here on the west coast. Infact, there's one just down the street from my house. However, I tend to pre-order any games I want at the gamestop near my work so I can just pick them up on my way home.

Edit: on a side note, they called me a few days ago to tell me my pre-order for Super Mario Galaxy was in.....I totally forgot I'd pre-ordered it almost a year ago, lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxfire15 on 2007-11-19 17:48 ]</font>

Jao
Nov 19, 2007, 08:48 PM
i just found out the first game crazy was made by my house=o

Wallin
Nov 19, 2007, 08:55 PM
Ohhhh, right, I actually do have a Gamecrazy here (next to Hollywood Video, obviously). I'll have to give them a call tomorrow.

Edit: Well I just called them now, probably 2 minutes before closing cause I was impatient (LOL), they either didn't know really what it was or just aren't getting it. The guy just said "Umm... *look something up somewhere* I don't think we're getting it." Maybe he looked under 'Fantasy' for all I know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'll just try again tomorrow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-11-19 18:02 ]</font>

Jao
Nov 19, 2007, 09:03 PM
i had some friends that worked there. they said if the store doesnt get any pre-orders they dont get none at all

ShadowDragon28
Nov 19, 2007, 09:22 PM
The GameStop near my house; their New Release catalogue had AotI listed as
"Fantasy Stat Universe: Ambition " V_V

TheWatcher
Nov 19, 2007, 09:23 PM
I am from the midwest, I've preordered AOTI at Gamestop last month. I asked the person about the amount of preorders for the game at that location , he said I was the only one... makes me wonder about the amount of players in my area. A least I will probably be the first one to pick up my copy on Wednesday. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jao
Nov 19, 2007, 09:24 PM
Fantasy Stat Universe: Ambition lol be sure you get a real copy of the game=)
and not bootleg=(

Wallin
Nov 19, 2007, 10:08 PM
At least it wasn't "Fantasy Stat Galaxy: Ambiguous" or something crazier, LOL

Indica
Nov 19, 2007, 10:09 PM
On 2007-11-19 11:21, Alamar wrote:
I called today for my PS2 and PC copies it seems that at Gamecrazy the copy will be in around Noon. And as for gamestop(the store here) told me that it won't be in till WEDS. Just thought everyone would like to know when these 2 stores are getting there copies in if you preordered it. Gamecrazy gets shipments in everyday and it seems Weds. is the shipments for Gamestop. Well one more day for PA leveling for me. Hope this info helps.

When I paid and put in my request to pre-order, the clerk said I should be able to pick it on on the 21st (Wednesday) I thought that was odd since it's release is 20th-Tuesday.

I'll call tomorrow before work and hopefully be able to pick it up during my luch break at 4pm-

If not, Im off on Wednesday and can pick it up

Hey12389
Nov 19, 2007, 10:15 PM
dont feel bad im not getting mine until i get free ms points from the gaminglagoon website in my sig. but i have to refer more people or wait for more surveys

Complex_Jao
Nov 19, 2007, 10:23 PM
im on the west so i get things from japan quick

Alamar
Nov 19, 2007, 11:44 PM
i already paid for both. One more day won't kill me lol. But I do know the ps2 version at gamecrazy(hollywood video) will have it in at noon tomorrow.

Remedy
Nov 19, 2007, 11:45 PM
Hrm. Well, I got a call from Gamestop today about Unreal Tournament 3, but not one about AotI. Guess it's Wednesday unless I find it tomorrow. :|

Sev
Nov 20, 2007, 12:17 AM
On 2007-11-19 19:23, Complex_Jao wrote:
im on the west so i get things from japan quick

I think the game comes from San Fran, Sega's headquarters... At least that would make more sense. XD

I won't be able to get the game till Wednesday either... I think my account actually expires on Thursday. Wonder what I should do... Almost tempted to call off of work, but I guess I should pay my bills. Such hard decisions in life. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2007-11-19 21:18 ]</font>

PSO_Jack
Nov 20, 2007, 12:21 AM
On 2007-11-19 18:22, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
The GameStop near my house; their New Release catalogue had AotI listed as
"Fantasy Stat Universe: Ambition " V_V

hahaha, that is hillarious. I guess there are not many people who care about this game enough to spend some time spelling the name right.

Indica
Nov 20, 2007, 04:08 AM
WOW, perfect timing!!! I just finished the last Story Mission right before the Servers went down

Alamar
Nov 20, 2007, 04:11 AM
lol now ur rdy for the new ones

-Ryuki-
Nov 20, 2007, 04:12 AM
If anyone plans on getting this from GameStop/EB Games, chances are, you're waiting an extra day. 11/20 is the shipping date. Most, if not all dates posted, are shipping dates, and the day after is when the game is out on the shelves.

As for other places, I really don't know. PSU doesn't have that big of a fan base anyway. Your chances of getting AoI tromoww are probably better if it's NOT GameStop/EB Games.

Indica
Nov 20, 2007, 04:16 AM
Yea, I wont be surprised and no biggie waiting till Wednesday

My main goal was to finish LV Techs -- Megistar to 30 (currently LV20) , Giresta- Currently 28 and Red/Blue Debuffs at LV28/29. Extra day will help finish my plan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Indica on 2007-11-20 01:18 ]</font>

Zantra
Nov 20, 2007, 04:18 AM
Kmart already has PS2, and will start selling PC on wednesday, at least in my area...

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Nov 20, 2007, 04:27 AM
On 2007-11-19 14:38, Wallin wrote:
NY - one of my Gamestops said the 21st, didn't bother with the others though I remember one I annoyed last year when PSU came out and I called them like 4 times in 24-hours asking if they got it in yet. I don't even know what Gamecrazy is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And I said this in another post, Bestbuy.com doesn't list it neither does Circuit City, Walmart.com says online only, so does Target which also said it wouldn't get it until Thanksgiving Day. So unhelpful...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-11-19 14:39 ]</font>
D: Dammit....NY? Is that in the city or upstate? >> I mean,if anything I'll check the game store right near my house.. Gamecell or something like that... XD They're known for getting their stuff early.. But if they don't have it.... ><;;;

Kesena1Tsum1
Nov 20, 2007, 06:41 AM
Well if its at all helpful, I just finished downloading mine. *evil laugh*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kesena1Tsum1 on 2007-11-20 03:41 ]</font>

Mortalis
Nov 20, 2007, 09:27 AM
On 2007-11-20 01:12, RyukiZero wrote:
If anyone plans on getting this from GameStop/EB Games, chances are, you're waiting an extra day. 11/20 is the shipping date. Most, if not all dates posted, are shipping dates, and the day after is when the game is out on the shelves.

As for other places, I really don't know. PSU doesn't have that big of a fan base anyway. Your chances of getting AoI tromoww are probably better if it's NOT GameStop/EB Games.

[spoiler-box]http://www.geocities.com/xmortalis/AoI.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Maybe not. =P

Long-Awaited
Nov 20, 2007, 10:39 AM

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif You live in Louisiana too? I hope I'll be able to find it today..

Deja
Nov 20, 2007, 10:56 AM
Anyone in northeast florida find it? Or anywhere in florida? THROW ME A FREAKIN BONE HERE

DarkShadowX
Nov 20, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-11-20 07:56, Deja wrote:
Anyone in northeast florida find it? Or anywhere in florida? THROW ME A FREAKIN BONE HERE

Well I haven't gone to check anywhere just yet, but I've called a Gamestop in my area (Tampa, FL) and they told me they'll be getting their shipment sometime this afternoon.

ndf
Nov 20, 2007, 11:09 AM
my gamestop here in mpls, MN says it wont be here till tomorrow :/

Remedy
Nov 20, 2007, 11:50 AM
Oshi http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

The Gamestop I just called said they should have it in their shipment today and said to call back at 1 PM.

*sets alarm for 1 PM*

Knightsword
Nov 20, 2007, 11:53 AM
On 2007-11-20 08:09, ndf wrote:
my gamestop here in mpls, MN says it wont be here till tomorrow :/

That Block E's?

ndf
Nov 20, 2007, 12:05 PM
nah, hub mall gamestop guess i cant really call it mpls gamestop...

Zekester
Nov 20, 2007, 12:16 PM
On 2007-11-20 07:39, Long-Awaited wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif You live in Louisiana too? I hope I'll be able to find it today..

Make that three for LA! Though im hopin Gamestop steps in, I mean if Walamrt gets it why not Eb? That just doesn't make sense to me..

Sora_Psu
Nov 20, 2007, 12:22 PM
Yeah when it is Posted that a game, any for that matter unless specifically specified, has a release date..this is usually the SHIPPING date as you can see on most game websites. Usually stores like Gamestop and EB games unless you are lucky will not get the game until the day after in this case most of the ps2/pc users (unless your lucky and have those other types of game stores *mom & pops* around) will not be getting the game until 2morrow, Unless your store gets thier shipment in tonight which they probably will but they will not put it on sale until tommorow ne ways...Sadly
But lol i guess its good for me cause im getting my new plasma TV HD today so it will be ready when i pick it up in the morning. ^.^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sora_Psu on 2007-11-20 09:23 ]</font>

Knightsword
Nov 20, 2007, 01:05 PM
On 2007-11-20 09:05, ndf wrote:
nah, hub mall gamestop guess i cant really call it mpls gamestop...

Just stopped by block e's, they haven't gotten anything due today in yet, so there might be chance it shows up tonight.

Uncle_bob
Nov 20, 2007, 01:11 PM
Uncle is from Louisiana, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I pre-ordered from Gamestop, and checked on the status today. It said it was "Processing" if that means anything to you. ;o

Golto
Nov 20, 2007, 01:19 PM
Its been over a decade since the Gamestops (and all the other video game stores they bought out) in my area have non-blockbuster game titles actually released on Tuesdays. I always have to wait for Wednesdays.

WBMike
Nov 20, 2007, 01:26 PM
Fantasy Stat Universe: I love this, its like a game where everyone is over obsessed with stats.. oh wait..

Ryonai
Nov 20, 2007, 01:37 PM
Atlanta here. At the two Gamestops closest to me, one didn't answer the phone, and the most help I got from the other one was, "uh... it's not here yet? So probably tomorrow?"

Kinako78
Nov 20, 2007, 01:39 PM
Man, no offense, Ryonai, but the Gamestops in your area must suck.

Ryonai
Nov 20, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-11-20 10:39, Kinako78 wrote:
Man, no offense, Ryonai, but the Gamestops in your area must suck.

No offense taken because it's true. XD

Indica
Nov 20, 2007, 01:56 PM
I called my Gamestop in Las Vegas and the guy said they receive shipments at noon, but there isnt any garantee AOI will arive with today's shipment.

I'll call again in a few hours and I'll pick it up during my lunch break if it's possible

RemiusTA
Nov 20, 2007, 01:56 PM
On 2007-11-20 10:37, Ryonai wrote:
Atlanta here. At the two Gamestops closest to me, one didn't answer the phone, and the most help I got from the other one was, "uh... it's not here yet? So probably tomorrow?"

Ditto. I went to the mall at Stonecrest and they didn't have it either.

Did you fathom to check if Wal-mart has it? It would be a shame if i skipped checking them and they had it before gamestop.

Ryonai
Nov 20, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-11-20 10:56, RemiusTA wrote:
Ditto. I went to the mall at Stonecrest and they didn't have it either.

Did you fathom to check if Wal-mart has it? It would be a shame if i skipped checking them and they had it before gamestop.

I was thinking about just checking the Walmart near my work on my lunch coming up here in about... now. I doubt they'll have it, but I have nothing else to do on lunch, and there's that tiny chance that they might.

Ibuka
Nov 20, 2007, 02:05 PM
I call Game Crazy and Game Stop, And they said they didn't have it u_u
So then i called Toys R Us and waited like 15 mins and they told me the game was saleing out and had to call back later... I was like wtf? Which i honstly believe they were too lazy to check
u_u In Nashville Tennessee btw. T.T

DraginHikari
Nov 20, 2007, 02:14 PM
I just checked with my Gamestop and they didn't get it as usual they didn't know what I was talking about the first time XD

beatrixkiddo
Nov 20, 2007, 02:15 PM
Toys R Us's website says 11/22/07
Target's website says 11/22/07
Walmart's website says it's only available online, and it ships 11/20 if you had preordered it.
GameStop won't have it on shelves til 11/21

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 02:19 PM
Alright, I just got back from helping a friend's mom out and I did some research on this issue:

2 Gamestops I went to didn't have it today. Both said tomorrow.
Walmart didn't have nor had a date for it. Assuming tomorrow.

Also, a warning. If you plan on buying AoI at a Gamestop, RESERVE IT TODAY! Both Gamestops told me that it is likely going to be a very low shipment, if none at all, of PC Expansion games (They were hinting FFXI: Wings of Goddess since it comes out the same day).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-11-20 11:20 ]</font>

Alamar
Nov 20, 2007, 02:27 PM
well update for me as well. I just came from Gamestop and Gamecrazy the both said Tomorrow as well. If a launch date is say the 20th. should the game not be able to buy it on that date? I have had this issue with other games as well. So I guess add one day to any launch title from now on. I will remember this.

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 02:28 PM
The date said usually is the "Shipping" Date and the true "Release" Date is the day after.

Einelanne
Nov 20, 2007, 02:37 PM
I'm in the East Coast area, I made some calls today at 3 stores they basically told me the same thing. It's due in tomorrow Wed. (11-21-07). I asked, so basically it's not coming out today then? They explained to me no it's being shipped out today (20th), and will be arriving here on the 21st.

Let's all just hope there's no delays for each, and everyone of us ......I know were all looking forward to the new AOI. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also about the Comment: "Reserve it Today"......Yes! I was told that too. Very low shipment coming in for the game AOI. I agree, better to pay the 5 Bucks and reserve it now then have to wait til' another shipment of it comes in.

-Ryuki-
Nov 20, 2007, 03:14 PM

Remedy
Nov 20, 2007, 03:17 PM
Ugh. Just got back from a grand tour of Dallas. Two Wal-Marts, a Target, a GameCrazy, and two GameStops, and nothing. =>.<=

This bites. I wanted my new room setup today, and I wanted to start hunting De Rol Le parts, and I wanted my Gizonde 31 graphics. =T.T=

CelestialBlade
Nov 20, 2007, 03:19 PM
Shame, hoped to be a yellow name at Ryuki's photomeets today but it looks like I'm waiting XD Then again I'm probably gonna be busy until Friday anyway, so I'm not in a frenzy about it.

Yay preorders, I get around all this "low shipment" business....

Ryoki
Nov 20, 2007, 03:21 PM
The same thing happened when i was looking for a special Guild Wars issue of PC gamer, that had codes for minipets in it (Kickass ones, if i may add). They didn't appear until AFTER the release date.

-Ryuki-
Nov 20, 2007, 03:25 PM
Over here, the game isn't popular, so chances of me finding a copy (in the many locations available) are pretty high.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-11-20 12:37 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 20, 2007, 03:28 PM
It's really frustrating to hear people complaining about not having AoI when it's been said time and time again, that for the majority of all people, will be getting it on WEDNESDAY.

Remedy
Nov 20, 2007, 03:31 PM
Assuming they receive any at all.

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 03:34 PM
I will say this again.

RESERVE IT TODAY!

Tigerram
Nov 20, 2007, 03:42 PM
I'm not getting my copy until late this weekend...Sunday or Monday. I'm sure I'll find a copy somewhere.

Rosenkrantz
Nov 20, 2007, 03:51 PM
The store I preordered my copy from has them out and is selling them, but I cant make it out there so I ordered mine to be delivered to my house. And guess what day it will get here........if you guessed tomorrow you guessed correctly!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rosenkrantz on 2007-11-20 12:54 ]</font>

WBMike
Nov 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
I couldn't find it on east coast, I went to EBGames, Gamestop, Target, Gamefaqs and none of them had it.

Spacepest
Nov 20, 2007, 03:59 PM
So, people might be able to get this game by late Wednesday if they preordered it? Hmmm....

Aw, f***it.

Based on the info I've seen here, I'm just going to order it online and have it shipped to my house. I won't be able to play any video games past Wednesday night this week due to family visiting for the holiday and work on top of it. And there probably isn't going to be any stores in my area carrying this, it was a PITA just to get the original PC PSU from a brick and mortar store in my town.(And I never pre-order crap anymore unless it comes with some pre-order goodie that I really, really want). No point in driving around wasting time and gas for something, at this rate, I won't be able to play until next week. And screw Black Friday and Thanksgiving weekend sales crowds. Might as well just order the thing and pick it up in the mail on Monday or Tuesday.

So disappointing. Its been such a long time since I've played and I was looking forward to hitting the expansion areas and pimping my room before Thanksgiving.

-Ryuki-
Nov 20, 2007, 04:02 PM
>.>

Welcome back Nougami n__n

unicorn
Nov 20, 2007, 04:08 PM
2 Gamestops both said tomorrow. One of the stores asked if I wanted to reserve it.

2 EB games. Both said tomorrow. They both asked if I wanted to reserve it. Then they start talking about Halo 3 on 360 (since PSU:AoI is on 360 as well >_>). Like I care for Halo 3? And my 360 has been broken since February and Microsoft has poor customer service. *rant*

1 Walmart. I checked out on Sunday, an employee told me they'd get a shipment in Tuesday (they always get shipments for stuff on tuesdays). I checked Walmart today, I actually saw them unloading boxes. This fat, greasy, betch refused to check for me though. She said, "whatevas out here hun". She was probably lying, because I deal with customers at my job too, and thats just an excuse most of the time.

Some game place I don't know by name. They also said tomorrow. But they quoted a different price for me. o_O $45.89? I thought it was like $39.99/basically $40?

Circuit City. Yeah, didn't expect them to have it, they have a poor selection of games. But I was getting desperate at this point.

Ah well, maybe tomorrow. HOPEFULLY. I want my CAST AT NAO.

Clunker
Nov 20, 2007, 04:14 PM
For those in the eastern Nebraska area: I've checked with Omaha's Westroads Mall Gamestop. Good News! Asst. Mgr even checked emails to see any if there was any delay info. NONE! He even stated that "these types of games generally get overnight'd", and that I should check around 10:30am CST to see if it's in. As I have to go to work @ 11am on 11-21, this could mean I could have a gold name by 8pm, when I get out!

Scline
Nov 20, 2007, 04:16 PM
The EB Games near our place said that they were restricted and told by the manufacturer that they couldn't release it before the 21st.

Interesting..

CelestialBlade
Nov 20, 2007, 04:31 PM
Went by my Gamestop and confirmed that I'm getting the game tomorrow. Huzzah!

I don't know about outright restrictions, but the manager there was completely honest and said "if you see a release date, we won't get it until the next day." That's pretty much a universal rule.

Reven
Nov 20, 2007, 04:43 PM
Welp, thought I'd throw in my 2 cents about the Vancouver, WA area. Called around and everyone says tomorrow. I sure miss the days when the release date was the actual release date. I had a guy in a Gamestop tell me a little while ago that it's always been this way. I wanted to throttle him.

The good news was that all the Gamestops I spoke with said that they would be getting copies in. Good cause I didn't bother to pre-order and I've been feeling sick with worry that I wouldn't be able to find a copy all morning.

Scline
Nov 20, 2007, 04:43 PM
On 2007-11-20 13:31, Typheros wrote:
Went by my Gamestop and confirmed that I'm getting the game tomorrow. Huzzah!

I don't know about outright restrictions, but the manager there was completely honest and said "if you see a release date, we won't get it until the next day." That's pretty much a universal rule.

Every place I went by upright said either they have it and they can't sell it until the 21st, or they're not getting it.. But I've got it pre-ordered at EB games, so I'm gonna snag it tomorrow.

Finae
Nov 20, 2007, 05:01 PM
Ordered online via gamestop (aka preorder) as I knew my local gamestop would be like "Uh, wtf is a AOI?!" and "yeah, you're shit out of luck b/c we won't have any wednesday either." Walmart would act like I'm high.

Mine finally shipped as it changed status just awhile ago and I used overnight shipping so I will wake up early and eagerly await on the fedex/ups/w/e guy to come and give it to me. Its a shame I couldn't get it tonight, but I do need to finish lvling techs to 31+.

And for some reason...I really just don't feel like playin since AoI is on my mind so I doubt I get much done today ingame.

BlackHat
Nov 20, 2007, 05:10 PM
All 3 Gamestops by me won't have it until tomorrow at noon.

Hucast-Kireek
Nov 20, 2007, 05:17 PM
Man, when I called my EBgames every employee got confused with this game's longass name, Ambition of the Illuminuss...so I had to tell them ; "you know Phantasy Star Universe the 2nd one" and theyre like "ohhh...tommorow man" so bleh...Knowing where I live Im certainly will have to wait. And yes I dont feel like playing...maybe Ill just go to the last PSU photo shoot..ya Ill do that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2007-11-20 14:18 ]</font>

Kylie
Nov 20, 2007, 05:26 PM
Getting my friend to check out a few locations tonight, but I doubt he'll find anything. I'll go to FYE at about 2:00 tomorrow, some other locations if it's not there... I don't see why I wouldn't get it tomorrow, but we'll see.

BlackHat
Nov 20, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-11-20 11:19, Rizen wrote:
Alright, I just got back from helping a friend's mom out and I did some research on this issue:

2 Gamestops I went to didn't have it today. Both said tomorrow.
Walmart didn't have nor had a date for it. Assuming tomorrow.

Also, a warning. If you plan on buying AoI at a Gamestop, RESERVE IT TODAY! Both Gamestops told me that it is likely going to be a very low shipment, if none at all, of PC Expansion games

They told me almost the same exact thing.

Hucast-Kireek
Nov 20, 2007, 05:34 PM
Question....is there actually ps2 people with AOI right now playing online??

any yellow names running about?

Kylie
Nov 20, 2007, 05:40 PM
Oh, so the "low shipment" thing only applies to PC users? Someone told me about that, and I was a little worried. My gut has a feeling like I won't be able to play tomorrow, then with Thanksgiving on Thursday... D: Please, please, please have it in tomorrow. ;_;

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 05:41 PM
According to a few people, there are yellow names running around.

Remedy
Nov 20, 2007, 05:49 PM
Hrm. Maybe I should go scope out the lobbies that have an AotI-only mission linked to them that I can go into in V1 and ask them where they got it.

Einelanne
Nov 20, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-11-20 14:01, Finae wrote:
Ordered online via gamestop (aka preorder) as I knew my local gamestop would be like "Uh, wtf is a AOI?!" and "yeah, you're shit out of luck b/c we won't have any wednesday either." Walmart would act like I'm high.

Mine finally shipped as it changed status just awhile ago and I used overnight shipping so I will wake up early and eagerly await on the fedex/ups/w/e guy to come and give it to me. Its a shame I couldn't get it tonight, but I do need to finish lvling techs to 31+.

And for some reason...I really just don't feel like playin since AoI is on my mind so I doubt I get much done today ingame.

OMG! How Funny same here when I mentioned AOI.....they were like huh? I'm like Ambition of the Illuminus. It's the expansion of Phantasy Star Universe. They where like "OH" Phantasy Star. I'm like yeah, but I have that game, make sure you look up the right game now. LOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Otis_Kat
Nov 20, 2007, 05:51 PM
I used a magical thing called the internet to order my copy of AotI, it will coming in tomorrow. I could have had it today but I didn't feel like paying the $1.99(up from free) for overnight shipping. Why would any of you go to a game store for PSU? It's not a big name title at all, except for in your minds I guess.

Long-Awaited
Nov 20, 2007, 05:53 PM
Pre-ordered! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kylie
Nov 20, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-11-20 14:51, Otis_Kat wrote:
I used a magical thing called the internet to order my copy of AotI, it will coming in tomorrow. I could have had it today but I didn't feel like paying the $1.99(up from free) for overnight shipping. Why would any of you go to a game store for PSU? It's not a big name title at all, except for in your minds I guess.

The horror stories of someone ordering a game online and having to wait two weeks frightens me, I guess. Then again, I'd definitely order it if I was PC because it sounds like a lot of people are going to get royally screwed tomorrow.

Wallin
Nov 20, 2007, 06:01 PM
I'm shocked that no one got the game at all today. Usually people on the west coast at least have it today and east coasters like me get it Wednesday... this better not turn into a Wednesday -> Friday (due to Thanksgiving) deal. >_<;;

kyle21
Nov 20, 2007, 06:06 PM
Called my GS and GC.. not until tomorrow...

Zekester
Nov 20, 2007, 06:06 PM
On 2007-11-20 14:56, Kylie wrote:

The horror stories of someone ordering a game online and having to wait two weeks frightens me, I guess. Then again, I'd definitely order it if I was PC because it sounds like a lot of people are going to get royally screwed tomorrow.

I hear ya, if it was a game that I had interest in or something different than one of my favorite online expansion type, then sure I'll order from the internet.

BaconZero
Nov 20, 2007, 06:13 PM
On 2007-11-20 14:50, Einelanne wrote:

On 2007-11-20 14:01, Finae wrote:

OMG! How Funny same here when I mentioned AOI.....they were like huh? I'm like Ambition of the Illuminus. It's the expansion of Phantasy Star Universe. They where like "OH" Phantasy Star. I'm like yeah, but I have that game, make sure you look up the right game now. LOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Said the same thing to me too, lol. Even when when in today, samething, lol. But it's cool, its only one freakin day, and i have work tonight and school and work tomorrow. So i wont get to play till like 11pm, but then again...Thanksgiving driving to my mom's house...sleep is a need at that point if im still up <_< lmao!

Remedy
Nov 20, 2007, 06:29 PM
Huh, just saw a yellow name at True Darkness. Said she picked it up used, of all things. =o.O=;

Zekester
Nov 20, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-11-20 15:29, Remedy wrote:
Huh, just saw a yellow name at True Darkness. Said she picked it up used, of all things. =o.O=;

Are you serious? The expansion hasn't even been out for a day..and someone already returned it? LOL!

Remedy
Nov 20, 2007, 06:46 PM
She said it has no CD key. I'm completely unsurprised.

KTani
Nov 20, 2007, 06:52 PM
I preordered from Amazon in September, with one-day shipping so I'd get it tomorrow...Today they changed the ship date to the 23rd http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif I called about it and was told they couldn't ship until then, though I don't know why. They're supposed to be refunding me the shipping charge since they can't fulfill the delivery date. I called GameStop and they said they got a lot of games in today, but they haven't unpacked them all yet so they don't even know if they have it or not. It really should not be this hard. >.<

Akagi
Nov 20, 2007, 06:59 PM
I went to a gamecrazy today and they said they didn't even have it in their systems yet. So I went to a local generic game store and they didn't even hear about it. So, I got fed up and went to Gamestop.com and looked up the game thinking to order it online and it was already backorded for the PS2. Sigh.

-Ryuki-
Nov 20, 2007, 07:00 PM
On 2007-11-20 12:14, RyukiZero wrote:

KTani
Nov 20, 2007, 07:02 PM
Yes, but if you're ordering online, you should expect it to ship no later than the 21st. Amazon has lost a lot of points in my eyes. Especially since the PS2 version is listed as "in stock".

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 07:25 PM
Ryuki, my professor told me one thing: "You cannot quote yourself until you have a Ph.D."

-Ryuki-
Nov 20, 2007, 07:31 PM
Yes, but my Childcare Class teacher told me that if you do the "broken record" thing, it's BOUND to work.

Tita
Nov 20, 2007, 07:31 PM
called my gamestop as well (one i used to work in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif heh)
west coast
wednesday is the day, and i had it reserved as soon as i could find a guy who knew how to search for it on the computer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

*waits for call tomorrow*
in the meantime, gonna work on leveling on tooby.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 20, 2007, 07:32 PM
So yeah..my copy from EBgames is apparently "back ordered" even though it said, "Usually ships within 24 hours" when I placed the order. I called customer service and they said, "Well, when games are placed on back order, it could be about 30 days before we actually get a new shipment in", so...

should I just cancel my order and try somewhere else or is the whole, "waiting for 30 days for a new shipment to arrive" a false statement? I mean, it is AOI, so..seeing as it is new, surely they will get another shipment before then.

Right...?

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 07:34 PM
UPDATE~!

Gamestop just called and said "PSU: Ambition of the Illuminus will be arriving Wednesday afternoon."!

Remedy
Nov 20, 2007, 07:35 PM
I still don't how Aeris calls us.

She's dead.

Though, they should make the name match the game. Like, for AotI, it should be Laia calling or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 20, 2007, 07:37 PM
So I probably shouldn't cancel my order then and just wait till it ships out tomorrow and hopefully get it Thursday.

Oh, that's great..I'll be getting it on the day of maintenance..that's wonderful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Zekester
Nov 20, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-11-20 16:34, Rizen wrote:
UPDATE~!

Gamestop just called and said "PSU: Ambition of the Illuminus will be arriving Wednesday afternoon."!

Yay! I was so lazy enough, that after reading all of this for 2 days I never called Ebgames once and since they've never heard of this game, I doubt I need to reserve a copy.

Remedy
Nov 20, 2007, 07:44 PM
Wow. Aeris pronounced Illuminus correctly. I'm surprised.

She omitted the "the" in Ambition of the Illuminus, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DarkShadowX
Nov 20, 2007, 07:45 PM
On 2007-11-20 16:45, Dirkster111 wrote:

UPDATE~!

I just got that call too.

Same.

Dirkster111
Nov 20, 2007, 07:45 PM
UPDATE~!

I just got that call too.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 20, 2007, 08:12 PM
On 2007-11-20 16:44, Remedy wrote:

She omitted the "the" in Ambition of the Illuminus, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

What on earth are you talking about?

Sev
Nov 20, 2007, 08:14 PM
I just went to check up there after work... Put my money down on it so I'ma pick it up tomorrow after work... Even though it's the dreaded "Day Before Thanksgiving" and I'm being told I "HAVE" to go out... Apparently it's a requirement, and I don't wanna play PSU while getting drunk dialed the whole night so I may as well...

Again, life is so hard. T-T

Dirkster111
Nov 20, 2007, 08:36 PM
On 2007-11-20 17:12, beatrixkiddo wrote:

On 2007-11-20 16:44, Remedy wrote:

What on earth are you talking about?

For those of us who prepaid for psu: aoi at gamestop we got a recorded call from them letting us know that our copies would be available for pick up tomorrow.

Knightsword
Nov 20, 2007, 08:47 PM
I got my call for PSU: AotI, but I didn't get mine for FFXi: WotG

Kylie
Nov 20, 2007, 08:54 PM
Surprise, surprise. My friend didn't find any.

Indica
Nov 20, 2007, 09:02 PM
On 2007-11-20 16:37, Kikumaru wrote:
So I probably shouldn't cancel my order then and just wait till it ships out tomorrow and hopefully get it Thursday.

Oh, that's great..I'll be getting it on the day of maintenance..that's wonderful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Thursday is Thanksgiving, all stores and postal services are closed. Worst case senario, if nothing is on Store Shelves on Wednesday, dont be surprised it being Delayed till Friday through Monday due to holiday and shipping delays

Chii
Nov 20, 2007, 09:27 PM
Oh puu... didn't reserve mine.... wonder if I should just camp it until it comes in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 09:29 PM
On 2007-11-20 18:27, Chii wrote:
Oh puu... didn't reserve mine.... wonder if I should just camp it until it comes in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

No need. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Either the store will have it or it won't, but either way I'm sure if they do get it, it will likely be in stock for a while.

DavidNel
Nov 20, 2007, 09:31 PM
Gah! I come back from an 8 hour drive to find that my game won't be in until tomorrow! Of course, the drive wasn't for the game, I was just coming home from my Grandparents' home up in TN... Still, hearing that news after you have been sitting in traffic for hours is enough to drive you insane.

PSO_Jack
Nov 20, 2007, 09:38 PM
what time does gamestop/eb normally open on weekdays?

Indica
Nov 20, 2007, 09:45 PM
Gamestop opens 10am

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 20, 2007, 10:34 PM
On 2007-11-20 18:02, Indica wrote:

Thursday is Thanksgiving, all stores and postal services are closed. Worst case senario, if nothing is on Store Shelves on Wednesday, dont be surprised it being Delayed till Friday through Monday due to holiday and shipping delays

So, even if it DOES ship out tomorrow, I won't actually get it till like..Tuesday, even though I chose overnight shipping?

Zekester
Nov 20, 2007, 10:51 PM
I just looked online at Ebgames, and it said the ship dates was *Breaths in*

11/21/07

a;lsjd;oiamoueh;awen!!

Please no...

CelestialBlade
Nov 20, 2007, 11:11 PM
My Gamestop told me all shipments usually arrive between noon-1pm, so you should be good to go to pick up AoI anytime after that. I get off work at 3:30, so I'ma swing by and gank my copy then :D

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 20, 2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I guess its official then, no AoI for us until next week.

JenJen902
Nov 20, 2007, 11:17 PM
UPDATE: Every game stop In nassua/suffolk county in long island i have called will be in Tommorow at 2pm apparently AOI shippied at (Well my time 12:05am Tues. Nov 20.) They will be stocked and i dont know anyone in long island near me that plays ill have a copy ^_^

Indica
Nov 20, 2007, 11:24 PM
On 2007-11-20 19:34, Kikumaru wrote:

So, even if it DOES ship out tomorrow, I won't actually get it till like..Tuesday, even though I chose overnight shipping?

I have no idea what company or shipping provider you choose. If you went with FedEx and UPS and it was suppose to ship today (Tuesday) you should get it tomorrow

However, UPS is closed Thursday & Friday -
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/support/operation.html

FedEx, DHL, USPS are open Friday. I know my GameStop uses UPS so I may be SOL if they dont deliver it tomorrow

*** Correction, It seems only special AIR shipments are being dropped off, so there is light for you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Indica on 2007-11-20 20:27 ]</font>

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 20, 2007, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I checked the UPS website and I wasn't sure if, "USA Overnight" qualified as "critical air" or whatever it was called, lol. So if it really does ship out tomorrow, I'm hoping I'll get my copy Thursday then.

I didn't pay $10 in Shipping and Handling to have it come six days later >.>

So, there might be some hope left for me. I'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

*sighs*

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

CelestialBlade
Nov 21, 2007, 12:15 AM
Looks like they changed the Pre-release Ships At date on Gamestop's website to 11/21 all the sudden. I'm almost positive they use UPS, so I'm hoping this isn't gonna fuck us over....oh well, nothing I can do but check for it tomorrow.

Alamar
Nov 21, 2007, 12:15 AM
Well they both (gamestop and gamecrazy) today it will be in tomorrow(weds) so around noon or so I will give em a call. see what happens. If not I have to wait on the DREADED black friday to leave the security of my house and enter the crazy world of the rude pushy shopper. GAH!!!!

Alamar
Nov 21, 2007, 12:23 AM
It is a frustrating feeling knowing its OUT THERE somewhere lol and can't get to it. lolol I even prepaid like alot of others thinking that would give me an edge on getting it on the 20th. No such luck lol. Ah well back to leveling Pa's. I can use it lol

Rizen
Nov 21, 2007, 01:25 PM
I thought I might bring this up since I just picked up my copy.

My Gamestop that I picked it up from ONLY had 3 copies and they were all pre-orders. Local Wal-mart didn't even have it at all.

Seems like theres are 2 other PSU players in my area besides the one friend I know.

Tita
Nov 21, 2007, 01:49 PM
that could be a problem for me then... i have one copy reserved but i plan on buying another for my nephew. hopefully more than 1 copy got ordered -_-

(i dont know anyone else in my immediate area that plays)

CelestialBlade
Nov 21, 2007, 01:52 PM
Well, good to know people are picking theirs up today. I was a little concerned about that change of shipment date on Gamestop.com.

February
Nov 21, 2007, 01:54 PM
I was too. Hopefully I can go pick mine up in just a few hours when I leave.

Witchblade56
Nov 21, 2007, 01:56 PM
If you pre-paid or reserved the game then youll get that copy. As far as I'm aware if you didn't do either of the above you'll be at the mercy of the stores that are stocking the game. Pre-order is the best bet at getting your copy =/

February
Nov 21, 2007, 01:59 PM
Mine is paid for in full, so I should be getting it.

DavidNel
Nov 21, 2007, 02:01 PM
Gamestop has them in, or at least mine does!

Alamar
Nov 21, 2007, 02:10 PM
Well I just called Both stores again. And gamestop told me the PC version shipping was delayed till today which on a normal occasion would come in tomorrow. But that being a holiday I have to wait till Friday to get. Gamecrazy told me they "EXPECTING" it in today (he did not sound sure of this). I am pretty frustrated at the moment having preordered and fully payed for both pc and ps2 copies and I still have to wait. So why did I prepay? The PC version I could see for different reasons but the ps2 version I know I could have picked up somewhere. I am just going to say the hell with it I tired of hoping it is in and finding out both these stores FAIL. I will go Friday to get them. If by chance they are not there Friday then god help them for I will tear them a new one since I did prepay for these items. gamestops website states pc shipping on the 21st. All this hype and wanting and they can't have the product to me? I can see if i did not prepay but I did and they give this pitch that prepay makes a difference. It don't at all it just a sales pitch so you spend your money there. All this adds up to MAJOR FAIL in my opinion. WTF would you have a release date 2 days before a MAJOR holiday knowing the shipments are going to messed up or slow? Last week maybe or next monday even.

EspioKaos
Nov 21, 2007, 02:13 PM
Just called the GameStop my copy's reserved at, and they got it in. Now, let's see just how unbearable the next few hours will become as I wait to get off work so I can go pick it up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Alamar
Nov 21, 2007, 02:15 PM
then my stores are MAJOR FAIL then. Will find new place to purchase games after this thats for sure

Kylie
Nov 21, 2007, 02:16 PM
Going to pick it up at GS right now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 02:19 PM
On 2007-11-21 11:13, EspioKaos wrote:
Just called the GameStop my copy's reserved at, and they got it in. Now, let's see just how unbearable the next few hours will become as I wait to get off work so I can go pick it up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Did you reserve the PC or PS2 version?

EspioKaos
Nov 21, 2007, 02:24 PM
PC version. They said they also had received the PS2 version, for what it's worth. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 02:25 PM
Thank you. I hope my Gamestop did, too. I'm pretty sure they did, though. Gonna go find out soon.

Shou
Nov 21, 2007, 02:29 PM
On 2007-11-20 21:15, Typheros wrote:
Looks like they changed the Pre-release Ships At date on Gamestop's website to 11/21 all the sudden. I'm almost positive they use UPS, so I'm hoping this isn't gonna fuck us over....oh well, nothing I can do but check for it tomorrow.

If Fex Ex and UPS were to merge into one company would it be called Fed UP ?

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 02:32 PM
On 2007-11-21 11:29, Shou wrote:

On 2007-11-20 21:15, Typheros wrote:

If Fex Ex and UPS were to merge into one company would it be called Fed UP ?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DraginHikari
Nov 21, 2007, 02:45 PM
I got mine from my Gamestop just now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Celi-Ka
Nov 21, 2007, 02:48 PM
I have to wait a couple of hours to pick mine up, as the GameStop near me is short-staffed today, so no one is available to process their shipment until this afternoon. Stupid scheduling on their part, but whatever. I'll be patient.

EspioKaos
Nov 21, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-11-21 11:48, Celi-Ka wrote:
I have to wait a couple of hours to pick mine up, as the GameStop near me is short-staffed today, so no one is available to process their shipment until this afternoon. Stupid scheduling on their part, but whatever. I'll be patient.

I remember going through that first hand! Almost every single year, corporate would promise each store an overabundance of hours to use for scheduling workers for busy holiday and release days. And pretty much every year they would cut hours back by some ridiculous amount making it impossible to have enough people to cover even basic shifts.

Celi-Ka
Nov 21, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-11-21 11:52, EspioKaos wrote:

I remember going through that first hand! Almost every single year, corporate would promise each store an overabundance of hours to use for scheduling workers for busy holiday and release days. And pretty much every year they would cut hours back by some ridiculous amount making it impossible to have enough people to cover even basic shifts.

I remember this all too well, from my days working at GameStop as a "Senior Game Advisor" (3rd keyholder). It wasn't so bad last year, because we had adequate staffing and hours to work with.

This year it seems the staff hasn't been cooperating very well. The assistant manager insisted that she get the day off, the 3rd keyholder as well, so that left 2 keyholders, and a bunch of new hires (hired 3 days ago) to run the store. I was at the store just now and they got their shipment, but they were busy doing Title Counts and other red tape stuff, so they told me to come back in the afternoon. It's a messy situation.

Zekester
Nov 21, 2007, 03:01 PM
<<

I just got back from Gamestop and they had a bunch of boxes that they were still un-loading, so they told me to call back in a few hours to see if they had it.

Kinda sucks that I didnt pre-order it or reserve it. I can only hope.

Golto
Nov 21, 2007, 03:03 PM
Got mine from Gamestop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CelestialBlade
Nov 21, 2007, 03:04 PM
On 2007-11-21 11:13, EspioKaos wrote:

I hear ya. I'm glad I put in a half-hour of overtime this morning, I can leave half an hour early XD

Ah, Fed-UPS, classic joke.

Will report on my findings when I get home.

Ibuka
Nov 21, 2007, 03:12 PM
I'm going to get mines in like 3hours. Game Stop told me they had the game on sale now

Saito S
Nov 21, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-11-21 11:59, Celi-Ka wrote:

On 2007-11-21 11:52, EspioKaos wrote:

I remember this all too well, from my days working at GameStop as a "Senior Game Advisor" (3rd keyholder). It wasn't so bad last year, because we had adequate staffing and hours to work with.

This year it seems the staff hasn't been cooperating very well. The assistant manager insisted that she get the day off, the 3rd keyholder as well, so that left 2 keyholders, and a bunch of new hires (hired 3 days ago) to run the store. I was at the store just now and they got their shipment, but they were busy doing Title Counts and other red tape stuff, so they told me to come back in the afternoon. It's a messy situation.

Oy... this is all SO familiar http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I too was a 3rd keyholder (although I started on the EB side before the merger, so I wasn't a "Senior Game Advisor", whatever that means http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif), and the holiday hours crap SUCKED. I remember the first time I found out that instead of closing at 7, we would stay open till 9 or even 10 during like half of December. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Of course, the fact that my store manager was (during any time of year) a complete and total moron who couldn't properly schedule his way out of a paper bag didn't help matters.

Actually, though I don't know about across the country, in my area at least, pre-ordering a game at an EB Games/GameStop is probably the best way to get it. If the game is mega-popular, it ensures you get a copy, and if it's really niche, it ensures the store will actually get at least one copy in. Pre-ordering generally beats out online shipping (as well as trying other brick & mortar stores like Best Buy or Wal-Mart) when it comes to making sure you get your game on release day. Again, this may not be true in other parts of the country, but it is where I live. GameStop/EB is a pretty screwed up company in a lot of ways, but pre-ordering is one of the few things they push on their customers that's really worth it.

Remedy
AotI get

Indica
I called my Gamestop and they said they received a huge shipment of stuff but would not tell me if it arived. Im going there in person in 45min

The web site is now listing "BACK ORDERED" !!! WOW, hope everyone else pre-ordered or get what they can soon.

Checking the stock status right now of my local GS stores, all are in stock except for the store I ordered from...lol But they said they are still scanning items in

Zorafim
Nov 21, 2007, 04:11 PM
My Gamecrazy, Walmart, and Best Buy don't have it, so I ordered it off of Gamestop online. Looks like it just shipped, so I should be getting it tomorrow.

I kinda feel bad for the shippers, though. They should be at home with their family...

GIB AOI!

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 04:24 PM
On 2007-11-21 12:36, Remedy wrote:
AotI get

Same. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

CelestialBlade
Nov 21, 2007, 04:27 PM
Just got it! My Gamestop had two copies of the PC version, I got one.

Indica
Nov 21, 2007, 04:37 PM
WOOT! Just picked up my 2 Copies at Gamestore - PC and PS2 version

Zekester
Nov 21, 2007, 04:43 PM
I tried calling Gamestop and it says "This line is busy" LOL!
Looked on the website and said 0 were in stock, so looked at Wal-Mart and it showed they were In-Stock, so ya know what, what the hell Im going to wal-mart and if they dont have it so be it, Im going to every fucking place I know and checking. Im not waiting another 2 days for this, I've waited enough.

Fatima
Nov 21, 2007, 04:47 PM
This may be spaming...but I deem it neccesary....I need help....

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=160623&forum=3&0

ryvius
Nov 21, 2007, 04:49 PM
Just so you know, I'm pretty sure the 0 in stock refers to the night before. Gamestop got their shipments and/or processed them today, so I'm sure you'll have some luck.

Zekester
Nov 21, 2007, 06:26 PM
Just got my copy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

From Gamestop of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Spacepest
Nov 21, 2007, 06:49 PM
I decided to be lazy and just ordered mine online from Gamestop with the one day shipping option, which means I'll probably get it sometime next week. I am so not driving around searching for a harder to find PC version of AOI, and I am so NOT going out on Black Friday or do any shopping this weekend willingly (I'd rather be at work or visiting my family then having to deal with crazy shoppers).

If I get it by Monday night or on Tuesday I won't be too disappointed, because I probably won't have a chance to play it until then anyways.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 21, 2007, 06:56 PM
Hmmm..well, if you got next day shipping, it should arrive before Monday or next week. I called up Customer Service again. I placed my order the 20th and they said unless it ships out Friday, then you should get it before Monday.

Or..maybe I was lied to and I won't get mine till Monday as well, despite choosing USA Overnight as my method http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Tita
Nov 21, 2007, 07:37 PM
psu:AOI has become a needle in a haystack of holiday shipments http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
urrgh... i can't decide whether i should just wait it out til monday when the holiday smoke has cleared, or just hit up every place nearby that sells games and hunt for it.

decisions decisions...

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 21, 2007, 09:42 PM
Well..I'm trying to avoid signing on as much as possible at the moment, so I won't receive the unbearable, "Hey, want to come to the Casino with me" type mails -.-'

I signed on earlier and I received like..four or five different mails. "Got AOI?", "AOI is up and running now :3", "Want to help with Del fight?", etc.

*groans*

I got frustrated, then just signed off. I was just thinking to myself, "I'd LIKE to come help, but I don't haaaaaaaaave AOI yet...! *grits teeth*".

Not to mention, Turkey Day has royally screwed me over from getting it tomorrow. I know that my order was shipped out today with next day air, but UPS will still wait till like..Friday to get it to me.

Man..this sucks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Spacepest
Nov 22, 2007, 01:22 PM
I just got my confirmation email from Gamestop. My copy of AOI has shipped this morning, and estimated arrival date should be sometime tommorrow. Too bad I have to work tommorrow! XO And have family visiting all weekend for Thanksgiving who HATE video games. I'll probably have my copy all weekend and WON'T be able to play it.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 22, 2007, 02:11 PM
I was finally given a tracking number for UPS and it said I should receive it 11/23/07. So..what am I thankful for this Thanksgiving?

That AOI will get here Friday, instead of Monday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Spacepest
Nov 22, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2007-11-22 11:11, Kikumaru wrote:
I was finally given a tracking number for UPS and it said I should receive it 11/23/07. So..what am I thankful for this Thanksgiving?

That AOI will get here Friday, instead of Monday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LOL. This almost makes me thankful enough to overlook the fact that this holiday, for my ancestors, is based on a going away party that went horribly wrong.

Alamar
Nov 22, 2007, 06:55 PM
stores in my area (Ohio) are holding game till black friday even preordered ones. I finally called some people I know that work in various stores. game stores and department. and they told me they are in the back but will not come out to the shelves until Friday. The copy I preordered from Gamecrazy on September 12th I still not in. My copy from Gamestop (pc) I preordered one month ago is also still not in. What is it about this game in my area? Even preorder are not making a difference.

Alamar
Nov 23, 2007, 05:27 PM
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both copies ps2 and PC. Black Friday is not so black after all. This puts and end to a long wait. Now to play!!!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TheWatcher
Nov 23, 2007, 05:31 PM
I just picked up my copy at Gamestop in the mall! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif They only had my preordered one. I'm from the midwest I really don't know how many player's are near my area.

Spacepest
Nov 23, 2007, 09:41 PM
Score! My copy of AOI came in the mail this morning. Yay for one day shipping! *goes to install*

AlphaDragoon
Nov 23, 2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah, so called "one day shipping" on mine...and yet here I am, with no AoI. Ordered it on Wednesday so I knew it wouldn't show up on Thanksgiving, but I did expect it on Friday only to find that UPS is just now at 8:00 PM on Friday getting the damn billing information.

Meaning I probably won't get mine until Monday since I'm pretty sure they don't ship on Saturday, and of course my nice four-day weekend from work will be used up and I won't even be at home to receive the damn thing. Ugh.