PDA

View Full Version : thankyou DJ_skyepic thread ...

-Aurora-
Nov 19, 2007, 03:20 PM
This thread is my one of my bestfriends in all PSU, as a few of you know DJ will be leaving PSU on the 21st of this month. "ie 2 days"
I wanna take a moment and say thanks buddie for always being there for me thru the good times and the bad times, you've always been one positive influence to me and the community. You'll be missed by all you have came across...We all wish it didn't have to be this way but i'll continue to fight for you to one day come back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Take care!

omegapirate2k
Nov 19, 2007, 03:22 PM
Why is DJ leaving?

McLaughlin
Nov 19, 2007, 03:23 PM
I think this belongs in the Lounge.

BeastlyMike
Nov 19, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-11-19 12:22, omegapirate2k wrote:
Why is DJ leaving?

hans4
Nov 19, 2007, 03:24 PM
thanks DJ for being my first friend! and for paying for my shop >_>

Turambar
Nov 19, 2007, 03:24 PM
On 2007-11-19 12:23, BeastlyMike wrote:

Why is DJ leaving?

Rizen
Nov 19, 2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks DJ! I know we didn't hang out much, but the times we did were fun!

And I think that it should stay in this section though, as much as I am for putting things in the correct section. It wouldn't have much meaning anywhere else. He has been a good part, liked or disliked, of the PSU community.

Jaspaller
Nov 19, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-11-19 12:24, Turambar wrote:

Why is DJ leaving?

SStrikerR
Nov 19, 2007, 03:29 PM
On 2007-11-19 12:27, Jaspaller wrote:

On 2007-11-19 12:24, Turambar wrote:

Why is DJ leaving?

Remedy
Nov 19, 2007, 03:30 PM
I don't remember if I explicitly asked when he mailed me a few days ago and said he wouldn't be around for AotI.

He'll be missed, that's for sure.

Ash1ey
Nov 19, 2007, 03:31 PM
On 2007-11-19 12:30, Remedy wrote:

Midicronica
Nov 19, 2007, 03:32 PM
Peace.

McLaughlin
Nov 19, 2007, 03:33 PM
On 2007-11-19 12:26, Rizen wrote:

And I think that it should stay in this section though, as much as I am for putting things in the correct section. It wouldn't have much meaning anywhere else. He has been a good part, liked or disliked, of the PSU community.

Whether or not it garners much attention in the proper forum is irrelevant.

SStrikerR
Nov 19, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-11-19 12:31, Ash1ey wrote:

On 2007-11-19 12:30, Remedy wrote:

I partied with him once or twice and it was fun but.........it seemed he put so much into his chars, and look at all the rares he has and stuff like that.
Why is he just going to leave all of a sudden, and why did only a small fraction of us know before today?
And lastly, will he come back?

Rizen
Nov 19, 2007, 03:37 PM
[b]On 2007-11-19 12:33, Obsidian_Knight

Yes, but you don't have to be all the mechanical about it. If you want to be 100% correct, all events should be in Player Matchup, but if all the event posting moved there, no one would have seen or noticed them. That is fact.

But, not going to argue this here. I will let the mods decide.

Remedy
According to him, no. I remembered to ask him that, at least.

On 2007-11-19 12:37, Rizen wrote:
but if all the event posting moved there, no one would have seen or noticed them. That is fact.Yeah, kinda like the buff party topic I made over there (to be "correct" about it) that got no posts and 14 views before falling off of page 1. Player Matchups is like a death sentence for a thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-11-19 12:38 ]</font>

Midicronica
On 2007-11-19 12:33, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2007-11-19 12:26, Rizen wrote:

Man, just stop before his groupies get and hear and flame you. We both know this ain't gonna get moved. :

Itoshi
Nov 19, 2007, 03:38 PM
Thats a shame...

I've heard so much about this guy, but I never got to meet him.

Damn, I need to get back ASAP

Tsundere
Nov 19, 2007, 03:40 PM
Goodbye DJ. I hope you have a good life.

EtherForce
Nov 19, 2007, 03:41 PM
You mean he's only gunna play aoti for one day? wtf?

y2jd
Wow hes leaving? that sucks.. I understand if its good reasons and im glad I did road to 80 with DJ and others.. he helped me alot and we talked for a bit... I hope everything works out for you and u will be missed ill make sure of that.. im glad I met ya and Thanks for all help in past.. I wish you good luck in your life oh and my son said hi.. even that hes only 3 months old... I am not gonna say good bye.. i will just say.. See ya later DJ

Kylie
Indeed. You've always been a joy to talk to and be around, and there will be a void on the game that no one else will be able to fill. You're an excellent player and a deep person. May life take you to wonderful new heights. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

watashiwa
Nov 19, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2007-11-19 12:41, EtherForce wrote:
You mean he's only gunna play aoti for one day? wtf?

.. or he's not going to play it at all? I mean, you know, vanilla PSU will still exist even with AOTI's release. =P

Otis_Kat
Nov 19, 2007, 03:47 PM
Must be that time of the month.

Shou
Nov 19, 2007, 03:56 PM
WHAT!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!! Who will help me organize another PSU Olympics Event?!?!? ;_;

I only wish we could have played more... I was hoping that in AoI we could become really good friends :/

I will keep your kard in a #1 spot just incase you ever decide to come back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

AnimeSister
Well, this is a sad time when someone has to leave. I may have never met you (or probably will never meet you because I'm on the Xbox 360 and still attempting to recover my gamertag) but I hope everything goes well for you and good luck for anything you do in the future. You have my blessings ^_^

Xhokhusmak
Ban me for this, I don't care.

Me, DJ, and several of our friends feel the recent imbalance of this game just simply made the game unenjoyable. Personally this was not my own reason, but for the others it was partly the game being too easy, and partly the fact that all the items that they've worked for (to be fair, with haxeta) are pretty much rendered useless, again with the recent patch. Anyways, 40 dollars plus continuing subscription for content that keep you entertained for two weeks, then having to wait until next week for about two more days of content to arrive to repeat the cycle does not sound very appealing at all.

The importers of psujp don't even play anymore. Just a few hardcore ones just afk'ing muryou games to get meseta while they chat away on irc. My entire card list of importers on jp is offline most of the time. Doesn't that say something to you? The game isn't fun, getting AoI right now is just the same exact thing as just another "large update". Heck you can say it's like reading a comic, one issue every week. There's no point in playing right now. Not the way PSU is currently designed. Quit for 10 months, come back and you're right amongst your friends that never went on a hiatus in less than a month. There's no sense progression at all.

And don't say it's "because we play too much", no. There's always other games, that are suited for those that casual and hardcore alike. it's simple.

bye

ilovetypemoon
Nov 19, 2007, 03:58 PM
o.o I remember him since the very first day PSU launched in the US and his habitual sitting at raffon field base. It's a shame he won't stay for AotI but everyone will leave sooner or later and this might be his time.

unicorn
Nov 19, 2007, 04:00 PM
I'm lost. I dont personally know the guy, but I've seen him in lobbies and he had a shinie yellow S next to his "Psy..." something Rod? Staff? Club? I think it was it was a Wand pretending to be a Rod.

Anywho, I doubt he'es really leaving. Its probably just a break. Besides, AoI falls in a bad time anyway (finals, winter holidays, more work because of holidays) and hes probably busy with his own life.

Xtian913
Nov 19, 2007, 04:01 PM
I'm on 360, so I don't know you, but I did enjoy the Rappy hunting guide for LL you made! Thank you!!

Reginaldo
If he wanted to tell everyone he was leaving, wouldn't he of made this topic himself?

omegapirate2k
On 2007-11-19 12:56, Xhokhusmak wrote:

Me, DJ, and several of our friends feel the recent imbalance of this game just simply made the game unenjoyable. Personally this was not my own reason, but for the others it was partly the game being too easy, and partly the fact that all the items that they've worked for (to be fair, with haxeta) are pretty much rendered useless, again with the recent patch. Anyways, 40 dollars plus continuing subscription for content that keep you entertained for two weeks, then having to wait until next week for about two more days of content to arrive to repeat the cycle does not sound very appealing at all.

The importers of psujp don't even play anymore. Just a few hardcore ones just afk'ing muryou games to get meseta while they chat away on irc. My entire card list of importers on jp is offline most of the time. Doesn't that say something to you? The game isn't fun, getting AoI right now is just the same exact thing as just another "large update". Heck you can say it's like reading a comic, one issue every week. There's no point in playing right now. Not the way PSU is currently designed. Quit for 10 months, come back and you're right amongst your friends that never went on a hiatus in less than a month. There's no sense progression at all.

And don't say it's "because we play too much", no. There's always other games, that are suited for those that casual and hardcore alike. it's simple.

bye

Thank you for answering my question.

Xhokhusmak
Nov 19, 2007, 04:04 PM
On 2007-11-19 13:01, Keiko_Seisha wrote:

2/10, try harder next time.

Bye DJ, I only talked to you a few times, really.

Also move this topic, wrong forum.

ridiculous.

Shou
Nov 19, 2007, 04:05 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/shouPSOW/DJ.jpg

Hey, by the way... He always wanted a Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament for PSOW goers, can we still have this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shou on 2007-11-19 13:06 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Nov 19, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-11-19 13:05, Shou wrote:
Hey, by the way... He always wanted a Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament for PSOW goers, can we still have this?

How would him quitting hinder such an endeavor?

I'd love a SSBB tournament!

Shiryuu
Nov 19, 2007, 04:09 PM

The importers of psujp don't even play anymore. Just a few hardcore ones just afk'ing muryou games to get meseta while they chat away on irc.

Huh? I play all the time.

Xhokhusmak
Nov 19, 2007, 04:10 PM
On 2007-11-19 13:09, Shiryuu wrote:

The importers of psujp don't even play anymore. Just a few hardcore ones just afk'ing muryou games to get meseta while they chat away on irc.

we also make fun of you all the time

McLaughlin
Nov 19, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-11-19 13:04, Xhokhusmak wrote:

On 2007-11-19 13:01, Keiko_Seisha wrote:

2/10, try harder next time.

Bye DJ, I only talked to you a few times, really.

Also move this topic, wrong forum.

ridiculous.

Banned?

Kamiense
Nov 19, 2007, 04:11 PM
Hmm, Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament. Sounds fun.

I wish DJ would still play. I partied with him and the UP! Crew a while ago, but I haven't partied with him since. I'm going to miss him.

Jaspaller
Nov 19, 2007, 04:12 PM
So in conclusion

Cherry: Wahhhhhhhhhh, it's too easy and the updates aren't coming.

Shou
Nov 19, 2007, 04:13 PM
I do know this... The game is too easy in a 6 person party..... But, if you limit your parties down to 4 or even 3 people it can be fun!

>>>> I know you are gonna say, "But we want to play with 6 people for it to be more fun"

I agree... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Things may change, and i hope you guys come back!

Xhokhusmak
Nov 19, 2007, 04:13 PM
thread already ruined it looks like, lol

Para
Nov 19, 2007, 04:14 PM
No offense but I think DJ's leave was to be kept somewhat private.

This isn't the thread to rant about the game Cherry. And being a good friend with DJ, I can confidently confirm that PSU being easymode isn't a factor in DJ's decision in leaving the game for now.

SStrikerR
Xhoc, go be an ass somewhere else..
and to most of the new people here, your posts in this topic blows, go troll somewhere else.

assholes >_>

Shiryuu
On 2007-11-19 13:10, Xhokhusmak wrote:

On 2007-11-19 13:09, Shiryuu wrote:

we also make fun of you all the time

So? What's that gotta do with anything? Trying to be cool or something?

Mewn
Nov 19, 2007, 04:17 PM
Kudos to DJ for not being the one to create this waste of space thread.

SirenV
Nov 19, 2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah, Boohoo. I'm sure he's a great guy and everything, but if he's going to spend his time doing something more constructive than devoting hundreds of hours to a progressively dead end game, then thank goodness for his own sake.

I can understand why he left though. No matter how you feel about the game, they really dropped the ball and there's no denying that. I had friends who used to think I was nuts for saying anything derogatory concerning PSU's design and they're now the same people who basically look at me crooked for coming back to try AOI because they hate it so much.

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 19, 2007, 04:20 PM
Decided I should delete my previous post, though it's been quoted already so it doesn't matter now.

Anyways, as I said before, take care DJ, even if I only spoke to you a little bit. (Though, I did steal Reina from your group, don't know how it happened, really)

y2jd
Nov 19, 2007, 04:22 PM
Should we have going away party for DJ?

CelestialBlade
Nov 19, 2007, 04:23 PM
There's probably a good reason DJ didn't tell me why he was leaving until we met up together in-game. He would've made a post himself otherwise.

It doesn't matter why he wants to leave, he has his reasons no matter what he tells everyone. He was one of the nicest people I've partied with and I hate to see him go from the game, but I think it's an utter disgrace to him that everyone's turning his leaving into a big fucking scene. He doesn't deserve that at all.

Someone, please, lock this topic or just wipe it off the face of the forum. This is sad.

McLaughlin
Nov 19, 2007, 04:26 PM
If it had been moved, this likely wouldn't have happened (the Lounge being dead and all).

Just an observation.

BeastlyMike
Nov 19, 2007, 04:26 PM

bye

Go ahead and pass your RARZ!!! this way thanks!

waluigi1
Nov 19, 2007, 04:28 PM
Goodbye DJ! I know I didn't play with you a lot but you helped me and Princejake2 out a lot when we first met you and you helped me get back on my feet when I was hacked. I'm sorry we moved to 360 and didn't see you any more but have fun playing whatever your gonna play instead...or whatever the reason is...

watashiwa
Nov 19, 2007, 04:33 PM
As my friend said... unless you're consistently on, you shouldn't be able to make progress in this game.

Shou
Nov 19, 2007, 04:33 PM
I dont think Dj wants this exposure as well but... It just goes to show you and him that there are many people that had fun with him and welcome him back if he so chooses. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dj, I know you are reading this >.> So... when will this PSOW Smash Bros. tourny be held?!!!! you pick the date!

Shou
Nov 19, 2007, 04:35 PM
On 2007-11-19 13:33, watashiwa wrote:
As my friend said... unless you're consistently on, you shouldn't be able to make progress in this game.

I dont understand. What do you mean by that?

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 19, 2007, 04:36 PM
sounds like he finally burned out, oh well. He was a cool guy. I'm playing Halo 3, Need For Speed: Pro Street, and PSU im good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Syl
Nov 19, 2007, 04:46 PM
I'm going to miss the guy. I didn't get to party a whole lot with him, but when we did it was always fun.

He was one of those well known figures in PSU, in a good way, unlike somebody else we all know. He helped out a lot of people.

I'm pretty sure he's leaving due to personal reasons, not because it's OMG HAY GUIZ IZ PSU TOO EZ?!?!?!?

You'll be missed dude, hope to hear from you everyonce in a while and good luck to you in life.

AnimeSister
Nov 19, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-11-19 13:23, Typheros wrote:
There's probably a good reason DJ didn't tell me why he was leaving until we met up together in-game. He would've made a post himself otherwise.

It doesn't matter why he wants to leave, he has his reasons no matter what he tells everyone. He was one of the nicest people I've partied with and I hate to see him go from the game, but I think it's an utter disgrace to him that everyone's turning his leaving into a big fucking scene. He doesn't deserve that at all.

Someone, please, lock this topic or just wipe it off the face of the forum. This is sad.

I would have to agree on this one, only DJ deserves to give his reasons; we shouldn't come up with assumptions of any sort. We can't read DJ's feelings; but I feel that we are kind of making his departure harder if we keep this up. He may be leaving; but for those who knew him will be the only ones who truely understand what a great person is. Keep this spirit up and I'm sure that this itself will make DJ happier. Its alright to say your goodbyes; but respect the fact that the hardest thing to do is leave so don't make it harder for him by trying to make him give reasons of any sort. I'm sure in time we will understand but for the moment we should just wait and see.(My apologies for any rudeness that I may of caused anyone who read this msg on this forum).

CelestialBlade
Nov 19, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-11-19 13:46, SylviaEspada wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's leaving due to personal reasons, not because it's OMG HAY GUIZ IZ PSU TOO EZ?!?!?!?

You'd be right. And I think we should all leave it at that.

AxelgearVII
Nov 19, 2007, 04:52 PM
DjSkyepic.....alleged cheater?

::strokes chin::

Siertes
Nov 19, 2007, 04:56 PM
Can't say I knew A.f.k Skyepic that well, but I certainly hope real life treats him well.