PDA

View Full Version : My Phantom Shop...

Vitamin_D
Nov 19, 2007, 04:05 PM
I leave my room open for friends to come by when they want or whatever, and lock it situationally. Anyway, I noticed some names that I didn't recognize enter my room, and at first passed it off as alts for the friends on my list, or perhaps a person who visited my room after I had been to their shop. Just yesterday though, I discovered that these people are actually visiting my shop, a shop that I don't have.

I was in my room once yesterday when one of the people came by, and was confused and asked "where's your shop?" I explained that it's on my alt. I don't remember what the conversation was after that, but since then several more people have been by the room to view this "shop"... what's the deal? I'm assuming this is once of the problems brought on my the recent updates, but I'm not entirely sure. I've locked my room for the moment, but what should I/can I do about this? Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vitamin_D on 2007-11-19 13:07 ]</font>

Jao
Nov 19, 2007, 04:09 PM
well if you had a well known shop the players may remembered your name by heart and just type it in to see what good you got

Roka
Nov 19, 2007, 04:17 PM
Or if you go to shops they can look at visitor log and go to any room off that list shop or not.

Jao
Nov 19, 2007, 04:19 PM
your sig is the smartest thing ima go do that.

ilovetypemoon
Nov 19, 2007, 04:20 PM
o.o I was one of these people. It really is weird since the items that came up on my search definitely had your name as the shop name.

Vitamin_D
Nov 23, 2007, 03:56 PM
Update: it is as I thought, people coming to my room are NOT people visiting my room because I went to theirs. As ilovetypemoon has said, I do indeed have a "shop". I confirmed it today when someone who visited my room left me a bulletin saying that my room does come up on the search. With that said, what should I do? lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vitamin_D on 2007-11-23 12:57 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Nov 23, 2007, 03:58 PM
Destroy everything!

Tatha-kitten
Nov 23, 2007, 04:49 PM
did you remove your advert before you closed up shop? or did you leave it?

if you left, it, then in the eternal words of Sarge of red versus blue.

bug report.

Kimil
Nov 23, 2007, 04:50 PM
Use the 'open shop' Room deco and see if there's items lodged in you hidden shop? =/

Krisan
Nov 23, 2007, 05:18 PM
You mentioned one of your alts having a shop though.. I wonder if this isn't a bug on Sega's end.. See, all your character rooms are linked to a single account ID, and so it is possible some wires got crossed somewhere and your alt's shop is redirecting them to the wrong character. =P

Wouldn't be hard for this to happen.. just a single byte in the servers saved data would have to be off, I'd imagine. Never heard of this happening before though..

Foxfire15
Nov 23, 2007, 05:23 PM
I've had that happen a few times hunting for shops. Sometimes I'll see a shop with the item I wanted cheap, and I'll pop in there....and hey?! where's the damn shop?