PDA

View Full Version : noob questions about gunners (sorry)

u_r
Nov 19, 2007, 06:44 PM
Got bored of playing my human, so decided to make a cast gunner. never really played a gunner before, saw some dude with twin handguns hitting like 450 per shot and was like cool lol

anyway I need some advice if anyones willing to help, pretty much thinking about pure guns, not really interested in weapons other than guns seeing as with expantion I only get 20 skills, dont see a point, my current game play style on my fighunner is pretty much full on mass damage pa spam to get stuff over fast, trying to go for same really..

ok, fortegunner or guntecher?

what ultimate PA's r a must for a gunner, is killer shot lame? I bought the pistal PA thinking it would be awsome to find usless. dont wana take the risk really

guns?! takes so long to lv PA's, I know I shud lv em all, but basicly wana try maxing em 1 at a time if possible per gun. any gun that shud keep a certain element? ie. for boss fights n such,

how damaging r the bullets at high levels?

what guns shud I have? I like rifle, I have 3 songs of death, I dunno about shotguns tho, damage is weak compared, I like hittin big damage fast

oh and what cast SUV is the best? money no object.

thans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif sorry about newbies questions but I pretty much am a newb.

Broodstar1337
Nov 19, 2007, 06:49 PM
For the rifle, I got a bullet for each element.

For the grenade launcher, I got fire and light

For the mechgun, I got fire

I could easily get a PA of each element for each of those three weapons (the ones I feel are the most useful. Haven't tinkered with the Laser Cannon yet, how does that work for everyone?), but I just never felt like it.

Carlo210
Nov 19, 2007, 06:52 PM
Sohtguns are the highest dps weapons in most situations. It multiplies your ATP by 5, to put it simply. It's the same reason why dual daggers, machineguns, twin pistols, and crossbows are so popular. A weapon's individual atp doesn't mean much compared to your total ATP.
For example, a C rank shotgun gives you 1200x5 atp at level 15 fortegunner while an S rank shotugn gives you 1400x5 atp at level 15 fortegunner.
That's 6000ATP versus 7000ATP. Meaning you can still do very good total damage with a c rank shotgun. Same thing goes for machineguns.
Shooting for 1350ATP twice every second (high level machinegun) versus 1250ATP twice every second (a c-rank machinegun) is barely a large difference.

Syl
Nov 19, 2007, 06:59 PM
Definitely check out crossbows. They're pretty damaging and allow you to be mobile at the same time. Try getting at least a fire one.

You'll need to get fire rifle and virus rifle for sure. SE4 is nothing to laugh at, especially since the enemy STA rebalance.

Dunno about nades, get whatever you want, and be sure to get Boma Duranga (?), the one that costs PA frags cause it's extremely damaging at the cost of HP.

Get anything for the rest of the guns.

As for melee, at least get a PA for spear (Majarra) and saber or dagger. It'll be of big help against bullet resistant enemies.

Zuurr
Nov 19, 2007, 07:03 PM
On 2007-11-19 15:59, SylviaEspada wrote:
Definitely check out crossbows. They're pretty damaging and allow you to be mobile at the same time. Try getting at least a fire one.

You'll need to get fire rifle and virus rifle for sure. SE4 is nothing to laugh at, especially since the enemy STA rebalance.

Dunno about nades, get whatever you want, and be sure to get Boma Duranga (?), the one that costs PA frags cause it's extremely damaging at the cost of HP.

Get anything for the rest of the guns.

As for melee, at least get a PA for spear (Majarra) and saber or dagger. It'll be of big help against bullet resistant enemies.

There are bullet resistant enemies? o_O
I have never seen them then...

Pillan
Nov 19, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-11-19 15:44, u_r wrote:
not really interested in weapons other than guns seeing as with expantion I only get 20 skills

Don’t underestimate 20 skills. People did that with Acrotecher and now no one argues that it can’t do melee damage. Given that Fortegunner has 30% more base ATP than that, you can get some pretty big numbers with those spears, sabers, and daggers. A good gunner will use all their options when appropriate.

ok, fortegunner or guntecher?

Which do you like more: high damage and grenades or moderate damage and support? Guntecher has more of a support/healing/dual wielding focus, while Fortegunner has all the power.

what ultimate PA's r a must for a gunner, is killer shot lame? I bought the pistal PA thinking it would be awsome to find usless. dont wana take the risk really

The most highly rated and least situational is Boma Durenga. It’s still not that great outside of bosses. Killer Shot is great for fighting medium-sized robots and small mobs and it even works decently against normal mobs thanks to the SE changes, but it’s still not good enough to warrant general use. Yak Zaganga was an old favorite because of the 1.6x damage bonus at near death, but you don’t really hear anything about it anymore.

Other ults you may wish to consider include Barada Maga (zodeel 3), Yak Maga (jellen 3), and Twin Mayalee (zalure 2) for Fortegunner to have the full set of debuffs.

If you’re doing Guntecher, get Giresta as soon as possible.

guns?! takes so long to lv PA's, I know I shud lv em all, but basicly wana try maxing em 1 at a time if possible per gun. any gun that shud keep a certain element? ie. for boss fights n such,

The time to level varies anywhere between 5 and 20 hours to get to 21. The best thing to do is set aside some time to level them whenever you can, because they’re not going to get high on their own, like skills will. Before 21, bullet damage is very weak, but at that level they become decent. 21-30 was what made rangers rival hunters in damage pre-AoI.

what guns shud I have? I like rifle, I have 3 songs of death, I dunno about shotguns tho, damage is weak compared, I like hittin big damage fast

Use the guns you like the most. Really all you need is a high damage weapon, a first person weapon, and a high SE weapon. Your high damage are your cards, your crossbows, your machineguns, and your shotguns. Your first persons are your handguns, twin handguns, bows, rifles, and laser cannons. Your high SE are your crossbows, rifles, bows, and shotguns. Rifles and bows are your only SE 4 options, so use those when you want the highest possible SE (basically just for burn). Laser cannons and grenades are your situational group. Use grenades for stunning and damaging large mobs and bosses and use lasers for linear damage.

Basically, just make sure you have one weapon that covers each of the 3 situations mentioned and you’ll be fine.

oh and what cast SUV is the best? money no object.

I prefer Strum Attacker in general and occasionally use Blitz. I don’t really care for any of the others right now.

Kion
Nov 19, 2007, 07:06 PM
If you like rifle and grenade laucher, then it sounds like fortegunner maybe the way to go for you. Fortegunner still has access to guntecher weapons, so you can have a few of the PA's for when you want to be mobile.

Rifle is all about SE's, so the bullets to pick up are fire, ice and dark. I've never needed to use silence, shock, or confuse on a single enemy, so only pick those up if you like having range on bosses.

Lasers cannons got horribly buffed. They already had high ATP, but now they get SE3, knockback and decent elemental mods. So definatley grabbing any or all elemental laser cannon bullets would be worth your time.

Grenades are for knocking groups of enemies into the corner, or for multihitting large enemies. If you're all about damage, then grab the beserk ultimate PA if you can handle the trimates, or be sure to have a friendly techer in your party. Other than that, pick up the more common elements of ground, fire, ice, and confuse that will be usefull against the majority of mobs you'll use it against.

Handgun is better than you may think. Leveled, it only gets SE3, but the damage amounts to having a one handed rifle once leveled. Most people ditch handgun for mechs or crossbow, but if you're a S rank freak then you may considder grabbing at least fire and ice for when you need to be mobile. Also fortegunner gets level 20 skills, so they have a small advantage over guntecher in terms of close range damage. Rising strike is good for when you need some breathing space and the ultimate dagger skill is good for raking up damage on bullet resistant enemies.

Don't under estimate the power of a shotgun. Once leveled each hit can easily do over 200 damage. Hitting on all 5 bullets once leveled, each shot is an easy 1k damage, and possible more depending on the stats for 31+ bullets. SE2 makes it easy to tag SE on small enemies, and lots of damage for when you want to get close and personal. Every element generally comes in handy.

In terms of ultimate PA's, killer shot is actually a really good PA as it lays waste to machines that give hunters so much trouble. It's actually kind of fun to one hit robots close to party memebrs to watch them fly across the room once they explode. (But that's only if you have a dark side). Also with crossbow, shotgun and twin handguns, all debuffs are available to fortegunner for a bit of party support and tagging when you need to.

A rank guns are good for supplementing your arsenal. Twin handguns do a bit of damage, but i'd stick with them on your figh. Fortegunner is about heavy artillary, so there's generally other weapons at your disposal that are more damaging. But for vahras and enemies that won't stay still; they aren't a bad weapon to have around. Crossbow is good for spreading SE, ice and silence come in really handy for keeping enemies in place or completely shutting down tech spamming enemies like neudaiz gaurds and gohmon.

And for SUV, anything ending with "attacker". Strum and Blitz are the most favored.

Randomness
Nov 19, 2007, 07:26 PM
As for SUV, you can't go wrong with Sturm Buster/Attacker. Attackers are just stronger forms of the corresponding Buster. Sturm is a 360 degree attack with excellent range, multiple hits, and it inflicts burn on everything in the radius.

As for guns, you basically are going to want something you can move with, something with 1st person shooting, and the various area hitting guns, such as Laser Cannons, Grenade Launchers, and Shotguns. (Linear, group, and row respectively)

Golto
Nov 19, 2007, 07:44 PM
It really depends on your playstyle which guns to focus on. Shotguns aren't good for low lvled characters since most of its damage is based on char atp. And shotgun are not 5x the damage, people forget to factor in damage reduction per hit by dfp/ shield buff. Weapons good for low lvled chars are rifles, and now lasers. Once you start getting into the 50's you can start to focus on the multi-shiot weapons like shotguns and xbows and see good returns.

u_r
Nov 20, 2007, 08:30 AM
great help everyone, thanku all very much