PDA

View Full Version : Peace PSOW

RegulusHikari
Nov 19, 2007, 08:00 PM
(First off, I'd like to give great props to the administrators here, you have some awesome, well maintained information and databases here.)

With 1Up at a close and AoI just around the corner, my friends and I are psyched for more PSU action. But when I turn to this community for support I see more and more BAWW than I have ever witnessed in a gaming community. It turns me away from PSU as a whole and truly disgusts me.

This once strong gaming community has turned into a high school clique of temper tantrum throwing five year olds. Where I used to find intelligent discussion I now find more and more complaints. Sega bends their back over to give us all we ever wanted and people still find something to bitch about. Be it the PSO content, increased rares, new shop system, Master classes (THESE AREN'T EVEN FUCKING OUT YET), rebalance of classes, or anything else, you better believe there's a bitch fit about it somewhere.

This game used to be team based fun, now it's an elitist epeen contest where it doesn't belong. Go take your gaming pride to some other life-devouring MMO where it belongs. Stop fucking demeaning this community and all that it's worth.

To all users here who actually enjoy playing PSU for fun, keep it up, and don't fall into the same elitist shit that flies around this place like the bubonic plague.

Peace.

Edit: This isn't a quit topic. I still plan on playing AoI and having great fun with our non-elitist casual players. And no Jose, you can't have my stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RegulusHikari on 2007-11-19 17:05 ]</font>

Kinako78
Nov 19, 2007, 08:02 PM
Awww...don't quit just cause of a few jerks...I'd still play with you.

February
Nov 19, 2007, 08:03 PM
I actually agree with you on a lot of your points. Trolls seem to love this place lately. But I think that happens right before a new release. I'm sure it will calm down again before long.

I play a Newman Female Fighgunner. I have no choice but to play for fun only! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

MetalIdol876
When I see the elitists you're talking about(I don't see anybody, but I don't know where to be at to find them) i'll tell them you said Hi. I guess. If I can find them... or anybody.

PaxMaxima
YEA!
who needs those elitist bastards....
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kinako78
Nov 19, 2007, 08:04 PM
Playing for fun's the way to go. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Itoshi
Nov 19, 2007, 08:07 PM
On 2007-11-19 17:04, Kinako78 wrote:
Playing for fun's the way to go. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Quote. For. Truth.

Nyreal
Nov 19, 2007, 08:44 PM
You speak the truth, my friend. May the rest of PSU treat you well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Darkly
Nov 19, 2007, 09:13 PM
It's in-game too, i play this game to chill out with my friends, not have pissing matches about who's most effective in an arbitary situation.

I too enjoy discussion about tatics and such, yet every time it seems to come down to insults over whos right. I hope everyone just starts having fun again and remembers that its a GAME.

ABDUR101
Nov 19, 2007, 09:16 PM
Grinding for hours endlessly is serious business. =]

omegapirate2k
Nov 19, 2007, 09:32 PM
On 2007-11-19 17:04, Kinako78 wrote:

You betcha.

Freeze
Nov 19, 2007, 09:38 PM
Don't let the griping get you down its only a small few, unfortunatly those who complain the most also complain the loudest. They don't speak for the rest of us who are looking forward to everything Sega is about to give us.

MetaZedlen
Nov 19, 2007, 09:54 PM
Ressurect PSO, I'm sure everyone will be happy then...

Sayara
Nov 19, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-11-19 18:54, Zedlen wrote:
Ressurect PSO, I'm sure everyone will be happy then...

No they wont, they'll complain about that instead.

www gg psow

Cracka_J
Nov 20, 2007, 08:53 AM
me and reg were discussing this issue for a bit, I don't think I could have phrased it any better due to my lack of wanting to write essays.

while this site functions GREAT as a information site, the community/forums are a disaster. the current forum community is ruled by people who have deemed themselves elite (due to hours invested in the game and what they have obtained from RANDOM drops) & the people who look up to them. it functions 100% identical to a high school clique where the alpha male/female says something and the rest follow blindly in their footsteps.

now the ivory castles these people have set up for themselves are crumbling due to increased drops & changes in aoi, and there's absolutely nothing they can do but try to backfire at what little community we actually have. they realize now that all the precious time they spent is all for nothing...the casual gamer can now obtain the same "leet" gear in a small amount of time.

for the people playing just for fun, this means absolutely nothing. we will continue to play for fun & enjoyment as we have been, and welcome the new changes with open arms. the forums are supposed to be here to support the in-game community, and instead, like reg said, have turned into one big "epeen contest". it really doesn't matter. the community for this game will continue to grow with or without the support of a forum. after all, the people playing the game make the community, not the people posting on forums.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cracka_J on 2007-11-20 05:56 ]</font>

Scrub
Nov 20, 2007, 09:41 AM
I'm going to go ahead and assume that what people are whining about is that PSU General forum I hear all the kids love these days.

How about, instead of getting upset with what is apparently a few select people being pricks, you just ignore them and enjoy the rest of the community? I'm willing to bet that the entirety of people who are pissing you off are just a bunch of trolls that are laughing whenever somebody makes a topic like this. I do it at other forums(ok sometimes here), and the best way to get people to stop being huge assholes for no reason is to just ignore them. You don't need to dignify everything with a response. There's always been a lot of nice, friendly people here at PSOW, and leaving them just because of a couple of jerks would be a shame.

tl;dr IF YOU LEAVE PSOW THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON

Mystil
Nov 20, 2007, 09:56 AM
Once you've been here for as long as I have, you get used to it.

Solstis
Nov 20, 2007, 12:35 PM
I've never even seen the OP before. Who are all these PSU people?

What community are you referring to? You guys live on the other side of the railtracks, as far as I'm concerned.