PDA

View Full Version : Question?/ Whips/ What the hell have they done

Ossie
Nov 19, 2007, 08:47 PM
Ok im very confused about somin...

ok here it is
just checked out classes that can use whips and there are only 3, AcroTecher, WarTecher,fortecher.

Ok my forget about the fortecher, they can only use A rank and melee skill up to 10

My confusion comes at the other 2 classes.....

So let me get this right
Acrotechers are the only ones who can use S RANK whips and there melee goes up to 20.
Wartechers can only use up to A rank whips but meleee can go to 30.

Now can somebody help, what am I missing here, is there something im not seeing, is the whip not a melee weapon or something?? does the whip not have more than 2 parts to the combo??, somebody help coz i need it !!!

DarkShadowX
Nov 19, 2007, 08:50 PM
Its the smart thinking of Sega obviously. But to clarify, Whips are a single hand wep, as such like other single hand melees, it has only 2 hits for the PA combo.

Zainith
Whip only has two combo parts. They are used mainly to lay down status effects, which they are pretty good at so I have heard

Rainu
Whips are one handed weapons, and therefore only have two-part PA combos. At least, as far as I know, that's the rule.

Edit: Whoa, same time post with same info.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rainu on 2007-11-19 17:51 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 19, 2007, 08:51 PM
Its a melee weapon meant for forces in general.

They raised almost everyone's Skill level to at least 20 so that they can use the second attack on 1handed weapons, which explains why Acrotecher has 20 so they can make the most of their whips.Wartechers just happen to have the luck to have whips and 30 skills. In the past, they had S rank Twin Daggers and Dagger but weren't able to use the last attack on their Twin Daggers.

Hope this helps out.

Randomness
Nov 19, 2007, 08:51 PM
Whip is one handed, so theres only 2 parts to the PA. Wartecher thus gets a higher modifier, while Acrotecher gets all the whips, and so has stronger weapons with more SEs.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 19, 2007, 08:52 PM
Because AT with lvl 30 melee and Stun on their S rank whip would be broken.

Rashiid
Nov 19, 2007, 08:58 PM
They also get S rank cards, and only 20 bullets. Guntecher get 40 bullets and A rank cards. It's all a matter of balancing

Ossie
Nov 19, 2007, 09:03 PM
This helps thank you, just thought it was odd u know :]

Also was trying to work out if male newmans will be able to make even a average acrotechers, was thinking this because like as there main spells are aupport ones it does matter about tech power therefore not making a newmans TP much of a bonus, which i why i was thinking maybe like humans or beasts would make better ones.

Not saying its fact but was just wondering what everyone thought??

Rashiid
Nov 19, 2007, 09:07 PM
Well Resta is still TP dependent, and the Lv 30 attack spells, which are strong. I'd go with a newmen one over a beast one. It all depends on what your focus will be: Teching, attacking, or shooting.

Schubalts
Nov 19, 2007, 09:09 PM
Gender does not give a large enough difference in overall stats to matter in Acrotecher. Stats that a male has higher? AT uses those. Stats a female has higher? AT uses those.

Ossie
Nov 19, 2007, 09:12 PM
was about race not gender, but yea i see ya point rashid

devildante
Nov 19, 2007, 09:13 PM
i have a force cast but not a very good one LOL resta can only reach so far not as good as my FT newman .

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 19, 2007, 09:21 PM
Since AT is a class that uses both ATP and TP, I'm sure Humans would be the best, but I'm sure that Newmans would definitely be able to pull this class off as well since they're the 2nd most balanced race with those 2 stats.

Rizen
Nov 19, 2007, 09:32 PM
On 2007-11-19 17:58, Rashiid wrote:
They also get S rank cards, and only 20 bullets. Guntecher get 40 bullets and A rank cards. It's all a matter of balancing

Yep, and with 20 bullets they can enjoy the 3 blades.

Rainu
Nov 19, 2007, 09:34 PM
On 2007-11-19 18:21, Shiroryuu wrote:
Since AT is a class that uses both ATP and TP, I'm sure Humans would be the best, but I'm sure that Newmans would definitely be able to pull this class off as well since they're the 2nd most balanced race with those 2 stats.

I remember seeing lists of stats for AT a while back, stating that Humans were basically the best race for the job.

Zorak000
Nov 19, 2007, 10:23 PM
Im staying FT, but I'm swapping one of my rods for a madoog-vishi combo, debuffs/3rd element and LV4 shock/silence.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 19, 2007, 10:38 PM
On 2007-11-19 18:21, Shiroryuu wrote:

lolwut

Think you mean Beast. ATP is worth a lot more than TP.

Zorak000
Nov 19, 2007, 10:44 PM
not when it is a primary TECHing class... then again... what is what WT is supposted to be... (based on the logic that FiG is primary Fighting and GT is primarly a Gunner...)

Pengfishh
Nov 19, 2007, 11:06 PM
Wartecher is a melee/teching class, duh.