PDA

View Full Version : I know a duper

ZiGDoG
Feb 28, 2001, 04:12 AM
Hi I'm looking for Holy Ray, My friend knows how to dupe (he wont tell me that bastard!) and I know him in real life, he's no theif and neither am I. What I am asking for is someone to let me dupe the Holy Ray and I will give it back, I can dupe other stuff for them too if they want, but my price is the Holy Ray, thats all I need. You will get it back so, and my proof that I dont steal is...well this board. If I steal you can post it all over this board and i bet i'd probably get lots of spam mail...which would suck. So i wouldn't steal...if anyone willing to do this please contact me and I will set up a meet.

Cheech
Feb 28, 2001, 04:18 AM
Duping is probably WORSE then theives. Why would you want to COPY something that someone has played the game for 170 hours (such as me) and just GIVE you a Holy ray to copy in 5 minutes of time?

Try to ENJOY the game and get the joy of finding one yourself.

Cube
Feb 28, 2001, 04:56 AM
Dude duping sucks. Its anohter one of the reaons whyt PSO has been ruined. I spend alot of time searching and trading for weapons the fair way. And for you to post such a stupid thing like this on the boards is just offensive.

Think before you Post.

And think before you Dupe.,

ZiGDoG
Mar 1, 2001, 03:32 AM
Yeah I get you, sorry bout that. I found it anyway, some kid gave it to me for a twin brand, stag cultrey and Chainsawd. Thanks anyway...you didn't have to get down on me that hard either. I was just asking.

MunKEE
Mar 1, 2001, 03:58 AM
Wow, I dont think I would go as far as to say that duping has 'ruined PSO' or that it is worse than thieving. The only thing that has 'ruined' PSO would possibly be theiving... because that infringes upon you and me. Duping is certainly is bad, but it at least doesnt infringe upon my game experience. At least he isnt taking MY stuff, right?

Heck, I dont even mind trading w/ dupers. In the end, it just comes down to if I am enjoying myself. If he is having fun, I dont think it is harming anyone. And if I am trading a hard earned item w/ him, doesnt that make the item I recieve hard earned for me?

Also, if someone dupes items (take this with a grain of salt mind you... it can be VERY bad in the excessive), it is just getting some of those ULTRA hard to find items out there so that people can actually SEE them. I mean, what good is a cool item if no one ever even sees the damn thing cuz it is so rare?

Whatever, just thought the response to this guys question was a little harsh.

Nick814625
Mar 1, 2001, 04:21 AM
what is duping anyway?

ZiGDoG
Mar 1, 2001, 05:01 AM
thumbs up MunKEE thanks for backin me up there. I hate gettin stomped on boards.

BluBallz
Mar 2, 2001, 12:20 AM
It means copying an item u already have... Don't even consider it man, it just takes the fun and pride out of finding a brand new rare item...

Xria
Mar 2, 2001, 12:47 AM
DUPING WILL RUIN THE GAME. ALL THE ITEMS THAT WERE ONCE EXTREMELY RARE AND PRIZED ARE NOW BEING FOUND IN THE HANDS OF NEWBIES BECAUSE SOME FAGGOT OUT THERE DUPED THE HELL OUT OF IT AND IS PLAYING SANTA CLAUSE. It destroys the value of an item and ruins the trade system.

Duping IS worse than stealing, because stealing doesn't destroy the value of the item.

ZiGDoG
Mar 2, 2001, 02:15 AM
Jeeesus Christ. Calm the F*CK down! I hope your not screamin at me, cuz I didn't do nothin.

Aberu
Mar 2, 2001, 02:22 AM
first of all i must say that everyone here is being a little harsh on an unexperinced gamer (zigdog). Now zigdog when you play a game like this the game will remain fun until you have everything, but through duping people get much of everything and can trade those extras for other things. Like if i duped my c-bringer and spread needles a whole buncha times cuz i wanted a mag cell. That would get me the mag cell but i didnt work for it cuz i only have about 100 hrs on this game so far. Please do not consider duping, I hope you do not take this offensively. Duping is in the same category as the people that play Final Fantasy 8 and use codes to get everything then play the game for 20 hrs and say it sucks cuz it was too easy. This makes me mad, and down with all the people that use guides the first time through!!!! I hate that, they have no right to have any opinion about the quality of the game!!! I have played all the 207 rpgs that i have without a guide so booya!!! and i have beaten 53 of them!!! And im on my 48th time through chrono trigger so take it from an experienced gamer, dont cheat, its worth than drugs haha. It'll ruin your life... Haha sorry i dont know where that last one came from... haha...

ScaraB
Mar 2, 2001, 02:44 AM
Duping IS much worse than cheating.

Once your character gets high level and you've put in a lot of hours, finding ultra rare weapons is one of the things that still gives the game replay value.

THE FACT THAT THEY ARE SO RARE IS WHAT MAKES THEM SPECIAL!!!!!

This is obvious, right? When these ultra rare items get duped and duped and duped... guess what? Right kids, they ARENT RARE ANYMORE. Then they really arent that special.
Flooding the game with counterfeit reproductions hurts the people that deserve it least - people that have put the most time in. You play the game for 200 hours and finally find a couple of really really rare weapons or items.... then some dude with 30 hours under his belt has something better just because of duping. It wasn't EARNED. It CHEAPENS the whole rare item concept. FOR EVERYONE. When a weapon is stolen, well one person lost an item. People that think duping doesn't affect them are either hopelessly naive, or they just don't care about finding special rares - which is perfectly fine if thats your play style. But most people DO care.

It's just typical impatience. People want the good stuff NOW.. They don't want to put in the time. This duping shortcut caters to impatient fools.

Think about rare things that are valuable. Everything from antiques to custom cars to ancient relics to works of art. Imagine if there was a way to perfectly duplicate a Van Gogh, so no one could EVER tell the difference. Enough of these hit the market and guess what, a work by a master that was once priceless is now no more valuable then a print you buy at a poster shop.

Comparing videogame weapons to works of art may seem overblown and ridiculous - but the concept is the same.

ZiGDoG
Mar 2, 2001, 05:26 AM
OMG, the thing you DON'T Understand is that I DONT DUPE! I never said I duped, I never will dupe, I dont even know how! I said my FRIEND duped, which IS true but he doesnt go overboard. You are all crashing down on me Like I'm this big cheater or an "unexperienced" player which I took offensively sorry. All of you are jumping to conclusions and getting down on me like I dupe or something. I DONT DUPE, are you happy?? Maybe I can get some apologies now. I apologize for making you all THINK I dupe for some weird reason.

DarthSP
Mar 2, 2001, 05:46 AM
I don't think they are directing this toward you Zip, but toward any dupers. I don't believe any called you a duper. I totally agree with what they have said.

cloud911
Mar 2, 2001, 07:26 AM
well i personally don't like duping but even if i wanted to dupe i have nothing to dupe cause all my stuff suxs and im lvl 75!! man my luck is bad lol. maybe its cuz im bluefull? if it is then im a bluefullofcrappyluck.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Cyanide
Mar 2, 2001, 07:36 AM
Hey Zig bet you regret posting that message. I don't agree with duping but if you like to have fun doing it then so be it just don't trade with duped items cause that total blows. Anyways no holy ray sorry dude. peace out and have fun