PDA

View Full Version : What to do if you can't download the Title Update.

SLY_J
Nov 20, 2007, 08:43 AM
First off, let me say that this is NOT necessary to play AoI! This is just for those folks who want AoI ASAP. I'd expect in just a few hours, this won't even be an issue anymore.

Here's what you do:
1. Go to the dashboard.
2. Go to the "System" blade.
3. Select "Memory."
4. Highlight your hard drive (or whatever you downloaded AoI to) and press Y.
5. You should be at a screen that says "Device Options." Now press this specific sequence of buttons: X, X, LB, RB, X, X.
6. A message should pop up from the right side of the screen that says, "This will perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices. Do you want to continue?"
7. Select "Yes."
8. Start up Phantasy Star Universe, and you should be prompted to dlownload the newest Title Update. After you finish downloading the title update the game should restart. When you press Start, you should see a message box asking you if you want to start AoI!

What does this do?
It clears the cache on your hard drive. More specificly It removes all title updates from your hard drive.
Why does it work?
When you restart PSU, Xbox Live detects that you're current version is WAY out of date, and propts you to download the latest title update for the game.
Are there any side effects?
Unfortunately, you'll have to download all the title updates again for all your games, but it usually doesn't take more than a few seconds to do.
Will this corrupt/erase any other data on my hard drive?
Not as far as I can tell, but I'd be sure to re-download the latest title updates for all your other games before you play them offline just in case.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SLY_J on 2007-11-20 05:53 ]</font>