PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: Too Easy?

Aviendha
Nov 20, 2007, 11:35 AM
Now, I can't speak for anything other than Sakura S, because that's all I had time to play before the rollback, but...

I'm feeling like its too easy right now. My experience was as a Human F lvl 76 AF lvl 1. My neutral 7* slicer and lvl 3 Chiki made the Boomas a joke. Even if they fixed that, AF speed made me almost untouchable using Rising/Assault Crush, Hishou Jinren-zan and Buten Shuren-zan. Sageetas were a little more anoying because they spread out and shoot barta but still easy. The 4-legged whatsit was...pretty standard.

The only difficulty was that Boomas killed me in 3-4 hits (wearing Dark Delette Line) but as I already mentioned, they didn't get too many hits off.

I'd love to hear other people's opinions on the difficulty atm (importers, does it get harder? Is Sakura just an easy mission?) because this is all based on playing one new mission for 15 min.

Edited for accuracy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aviendha on 2007-11-20 09:01 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 11:37 AM
Well right now, the game is in a state of rebalance. Like how PSU was too hard at first, now its gotten a bit too easy.

And just so you know, slicers make everything easy period. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Reeses
Nov 20, 2007, 11:40 AM
Rizen don't be bashin on mah slicers now...

Kinako78
Nov 20, 2007, 11:42 AM
Nah, Rizen's not bashing. Almost everyone else here has been bashing.

majan
Nov 20, 2007, 11:44 AM
they went through this already when pc/ps2 got the aoi-live update...

so we'll go through it again,I spose.

this is a brand new game that sega is going to feed to us over time,remember that. the S ranks of all the new missions (with upgraded AI,mind you) have level 100 monsters.so that means by the time they hit S2 rank,well probably be fighting some pretty hard stuff.besides,there are 8 new missions available currently.Im sure there will be a hell of a lot more than that,not to mention higher and more difficult ranks of those missions themselves.just relax,sit back,and enjoy the ride.

PSU was unbalancingly hard in the beginning so we who have played it from the start kinda have that nasty impression so a lot of the new shit does seem easy,but I'm sure that sonic team didnt just introduce an entire new expansion just to remove the challenge from the game.that's less incentive for us to play and less incentive for us to keep putting the 10 bucks a month in their pocket.

Shiryuu
Nov 20, 2007, 11:44 AM
On 2007-11-20 08:35, Aviendha wrote:
The Kamatoze reskin was...a Kamatoze reskin.

I don't remember anything resembling a kamatoze there... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Reeses
Nov 20, 2007, 11:45 AM
On 2007-11-20 08:42, Kinako78 wrote:
Nah, Rizen's not bashing. Almost everyone else here has been bashing.

Yeah, I'm just giving him a hard time. I hope that AOI isn't waayy to easy though. But I can't say that even if it is too easy, that i'll stop playing any less lol...

ShynForce
Nov 20, 2007, 11:49 AM
You have to remember these new missions are just Srank not S2 S2 enemies might be 120+ if these enemies ranging between 90-100.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 20, 2007, 11:50 AM
Don't care, as I'm having WAY too much fun with this compared to PSU Vanilla. The difficulty slided right down into PSO's range, which is much better to me. AOTI is awesome.

Apone
Nov 20, 2007, 11:54 AM
I agree Im having too much fun to care at this point, we'll just let the dust settle for awhile and then see.

Aviendha
Nov 20, 2007, 12:00 PM
On 2007-11-20 08:44, Shiryuu wrote:

I don't remember anything resembling a kamatoze there... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

You know, you're absolutely right. It was a reskin of that other 4 legged thing w/o the shield. I just can't keep the names of those 4 legged creatures sraight.

kissablepimp
Nov 20, 2007, 12:42 PM
sorry to get off topic but were is that mission located? TY

ZodiacNKnight
Nov 20, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-11-20 09:00, Aviendha wrote:

On 2007-11-20 08:44, Shiryuu wrote:

You know, you're absolutely right. It was a reskin of that other 4 legged thing w/o the shield. I just can't keep the names of those 4 legged creatures sraight.

kamatoze and Carriguine are the same type of creature they just preform different types of attacks.
There are two more in AoI... This one and the cyborg on parum.

http://www.pso-world.com/beastiary/psu/1/99/ghinoceros/#pic

http://www.pso-world.com/psu/beastiary/99/242-m.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-11-20 10:04 ]</font>

amtalx
Nov 20, 2007, 01:05 PM
Why can't we have missions like PW#4 for the players that like a challenge, and LOLEASYMODE00TBIGNUMBARZ missions for those that prefer to take the low road? Everyone wins. I don't see why the whole game has to be watered down because a few people were blowing through scapes.

Am I the only person that thinks the reward for Labs was high because those bees were a bitch to deal with orginally? It's only logical that difficult missions should have higher payouts.

Mag_Launcher
Nov 20, 2007, 01:18 PM
It may seem easy NOW, while we're still milling about in the original content with new weapons, but won't be so easy when you're facing off against lvl 200 mobs in about a year. (lol) So, it's basically double sided, it helps people who are behind (like me) catch up really fast, but also makes it to where you'll actually stand a chance against the enemies of the far future, because face it, without the rebalance, there was gonna be a brick wall in the progression somewhere, and they wanted to prevent that.

amtalx
Nov 20, 2007, 01:35 PM
I think it's fantastic that it's easier for lower level characters to level up. It was a BITCH leveling up when all we had was Plains Overlord. It was far too tedious. However...there needs to be something for capped/high level players other than waiting for the cap to go up again and tearing through S/S2 like C ranks. Basically what I want is for ST to at least crack the door on their content prison so I have more to do than hand out 2-shot photon facials to underleveled enemies all day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

panzer_unit
Nov 20, 2007, 02:59 PM
I'll complain about difficulty when a couple of Deljaban / Vahra / Vanda leaders can't take out my 2500 HP Protranser with a couple hits ... ditto Carriguine, Bils, Olgohmon massed barta, etc.

Killing stuff is really fast, but KO's seem pretty easy to come by as well unless you hang back with a gun... at which point killing stuff isnt fast any more.

Mystil
Nov 20, 2007, 03:46 PM
On 2007-11-20 10:05, amtalx wrote:
Why can't we have missions like PW#4 for the players that like a challenge,

Yea PW#4 was an insanely hard mission, it's definitely for hardcore players.