PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: bad luck, or something else

shotsfired
Nov 20, 2007, 05:58 PM
ok, so a friend of mine put in three things this morning for synthing, one of them being a gaozoran rod, with a 97% success rate. the other 2 had a 64% success rate. i know one of the other 2 was a madoog. so in the middle of the sything, the rollback goes down. we log back on, and he re-starts the synthing. ALL 3, INCLUDING THE 97% GAOZORAN ROD, FAIL!!

has anyone had, or heard of, any synth glitch or just a prob with synthing since the rollback, or probs with things started and interrupted during the rollback..

any info would be most helpful. My friend is absolutely devestated. I just talked him dowm from the roof. thank god for the wireless controller....

Remedy
Nov 20, 2007, 05:59 PM
97% success still leaves for a 3% margin of failure.

shotsfired
Nov 20, 2007, 06:15 PM
thanks for the math lesson..... I wa just wondering if anyone knew of anything. begrudgingly, he may have to chalk this one up to dirty rotten luck

Pengfishh
Nov 20, 2007, 06:23 PM
Dirty, rotten luck, most likely.

shotsfired
Nov 20, 2007, 08:50 PM
wow, that sucks. he is devestated..... oh well, heres to my blackbull synthing out!

McLaughlin
Nov 20, 2007, 08:53 PM
Murphy's law rules all.

Indica
Nov 20, 2007, 08:53 PM
Your friend crazy, no way Id synth a Gaozoran rod untill that Luck and Synth boost from 1up starts.

shotsfired
Nov 20, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-11-20 17:53, Indica wrote:
Your friend crazy, no way Id synth a Gaozoran rod untill that Luck and Synth boost from 1up starts.

it was 97%! the bonus would have made it (from what I read) 99%. honestly, 2%?! I dont blame him. I would have tried. oh well, the good news is he got a diad out of it.... poor guy

Remedy
Nov 20, 2007, 09:10 PM
LUCK

DOES

NOT

AFFECT

SYNTHING

*slams head into desk repeatedly*

Edit: Affect, not effect. I blame the head trauma.

Edit 2: Also, his PM isn't 100 Tech, because it would've been 99% otherwise. And no, the 1UP bonus would've taken it to 100%.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-11-20 18:12 ]</font>

KlingonMage
Nov 20, 2007, 09:21 PM
On 2007-11-20 18:10, Remedy wrote:
LUCK

DOES

NOT

AFFECT

SYNTHING

*slams head into desk repeatedly*

Our luck affects everything, its just our "luck" as a metaphical thing, not the luck stat/fortune or whatever.

But, ya thats some rotten luck, I feel bad for your friend.

here's hoping your blackbull works out!

Broodstar1337
Nov 20, 2007, 09:36 PM
If it's any consolation, I synthed Two Del Jagnus, a Jitseen, and a Double Saber and failed a Flourescent Bulb and a Boner Dance on a mate-rush striking bot.

shotsfired
Nov 20, 2007, 09:41 PM
I on the other hand will be wating until the synth bonus. 95% ftw!!

Remedy
Nov 20, 2007, 09:42 PM
For what, Blackbull? It's 96%. 81% base + 15%

Shiryuu
Nov 20, 2007, 10:15 PM
On 2007-11-20 18:36, Broodstar1337 wrote:
Boner Dance

lol

Hokokaru
Nov 21, 2007, 12:26 PM
You could have better luck lol

for me (offtopicish) I started my AotI download the second it came out and I got home from school about 15 hrs after the start of it and I come home to 12% http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

can you believe that crap!!

amtalx
Nov 21, 2007, 12:30 PM
On 2007-11-21 09:26, Hokokaru wrote:
You could have better luck lol

for me (offtopicish) I started my AotI download the second it came out and I got home from school about 15 hrs after the start of it and I come home to 12% http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

can you believe that crap!!

Ease up off the 28.8

majan
Nov 21, 2007, 12:42 PM
did he have the synth boards in his bot since before the update?...that could have contributed to that.I remember there being a huge epidemic with JP players when they first got the expansion that everything went autofailhammer when they synthed whatever was previously in their bot.that's why I keep allllllllll my shit out of my bot till the minuet im ready to synth it.

also,a while back,when they fixed a few glitches in one of the very early PSU fixes,I think it was leaked out that lagging out during a synth time results in autofail.they did this allegedly to prevent people from pulling the plug or watever in order not to lose the synthesis board slot.I coudl be wrong on that,but Im pretty sure it was a big topic of discussion.

if its not any of the above,which Im not even very sure about,then yeah,thats horrible.well,bad things in life happen in 3's.tell him to be glad that unbeleivably bad luck happened in a videogame.

SolomonGrundy
Nov 21, 2007, 12:43 PM
Here's what I noticed. If you put somthing in to synth *right after you log in* OR take something out from synth *right after you log in* it seems to have a higher fail rate.

Why this is? I dunno. Maybe the game is about to crash, as I have gotten a disk error after I tried to leave my room a few times. Maybe it is a security patch trying to prevent you from doing some log in/log out cheat...I dunno.

But my new philosophy is NOT to log in an immediately synth, or pull out a synth.