PDA

View Full Version : Ambition of the Illuminus Story mode

Calipher
Nov 20, 2007, 06:04 PM
Where is the Ambition of the Illuminus story mode? I can only get on xbox live, and when I play the story mode online, the only difference is a different opening and the fact Laia has a voice. Where are the cutscenes we were promised? I heard of the supposed offline mode, but the option isn't there.

Kinako78
Nov 20, 2007, 06:06 PM
The story mode with the cutscenes is PS2/PC exclusive.

Hey12389
Nov 20, 2007, 06:08 PM
wow thats very stupid. well i guess its fair cause we pay $20 less

watashiwa
Nov 20, 2007, 06:09 PM
You guys don't get enhanced extra mode either, I don't think. ;(

Calipher
Nov 20, 2007, 06:57 PM
What?! Well, I feel like we're getting boned on that one. That's not fair at all!

pionear
Nov 20, 2007, 06:59 PM
^Well, just go out and buy a PS2/PC copy...

Calipher
Nov 20, 2007, 07:19 PM
It would be retarded to buy a different version just to get cutscenes.

mizukage
Nov 20, 2007, 08:22 PM
I look forward to playing it, but before I do that.. I had learned that the S-rank weapons/armor/items will not be available at the beginning of AOI if I were to carelessly transfer my extra mode files over. On top of that, once transferred over to AOI, I cannot go back to PSU. Aside from this fact, it is also learned on a different and later occasion that even when you finish Episode 2, you will not be given the chance of buying S-ranks missed/skipped in PSU extra mode. Thus... With the acquired knowledge, I will not be playing AOI until a later date when I finish gathering all the S-ranks, A-ranks, and rare stuffs in PSU extra mode before moving to AOI Enhanced Episode 2. Jeez.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Fatima
Nov 20, 2007, 11:35 PM
However, in not transfering your extra mode stuff, this doesn't effect regular online mode does it? And can it be seperated as is the case (I think) with on line mode, where you can carry over one character at a time, and doesn't completely shift them all over at once?

mizukage
Nov 20, 2007, 11:44 PM
On 2007-11-20 20:35, Fatima wrote:
However, in not transfering your extra mode stuff, this doesn't effect regular online mode does it? And can it be seperated as is the case (I think) with on line mode, where you can carry over one character at a time, and doesn't completely shift them all over at once?

Not at all. Online is online, offline is offline. You cannot transfer stuff either way. Think of it as separate games. However, you can transfer your online PSU stuff to online AOI, but just a precaution.. Once you transfer your PSU online stuff to AOI, you cannot go back to PSU.. However, I don't see why people would want to go back to PSU, when AOI is in fact the enhanced version of PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Fatima
Nov 21, 2007, 03:14 PM
On 2007-11-20 20:44, mizukage wrote:

Not at all. Online is online, offline is offline. You cannot transfer stuff either way. Think of it as separate games. However, you can transfer your online PSU stuff to online AOI, but just a precaution.. Once you transfer your PSU online stuff to AOI, you cannot go back to PSU.. However, I don't see why people would want to go back to PSU, when AOI is in fact the enhanced version of PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I know that. but I mean....does it transfer all your characters at once? Or can you like...move over three and leave one in the "PSU zone" so you can still mingle with those who don't have AOI yet. (mainly for shop purposes) Or would you just have to leave one character without an AOI room so non-expansion people could enter?

SStrikerR
Nov 21, 2007, 03:19 PM
no it doesnt work like that.
all go at once.

Calipher
Nov 21, 2007, 07:49 PM
I just spent some time on the forums, and I read one thing where someone was wondering if they added the voice acted cutscenes to online. I'm now wondering if this is true. I only played the first mission, which didn't have any new cutscenes, and didn't try the others. Did they add them to the online mode?

WBMike
Nov 21, 2007, 08:59 PM
What really sucks is that they took out all the voices during gameplay, you only hear them talk during cutscenes

mizukage
Nov 21, 2007, 11:10 PM
On 2007-11-21 12:14, Fatima wrote:

On 2007-11-20 20:44, mizukage wrote:

I know that. but I mean....does it transfer all your characters at once? Or can you like...move over three and leave one in the "PSU zone" so you can still mingle with those who don't have AOI yet. (mainly for shop purposes) Or would you just have to leave one character without an AOI room so non-expansion people could enter?

The saved game file is transferred as a whole entity itself and not character by character. In my case, it means nothing to me. Mainly, I only have 1 character and the other 3 are extra slots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

guise709
Nov 22, 2007, 12:39 AM
so where can i find the story mode for aoi on XBL i cecked the 5th floor of the guardians headquarters but it isnt there. can anyone tell me where they at or tell me if they are there at all.

Gemel
Nov 22, 2007, 12:46 AM
We dont have the online story missions yet on either server. This was ment for the offline story mode, which we Xbox players dont get T.T (oh well its the same as ep 2)

guise709
Nov 22, 2007, 12:47 AM
oh alright thanks

Ninavask
Nov 22, 2007, 01:30 AM
The only real voicing they added for XBL players is Laia Martinez now speaks once in a while. Mainly during battle or if you have them as the first person you invite. Thats really the only voice changing they did for the 360 version and that makes me pretty mad... oh well at least they'll come out with more missions sometime in the next millenia... *Grumbles.*