PDA

View Full Version : EU Players: How are you getting yours

Nano-bot
Nov 20, 2007, 06:27 PM
Hey everyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I was just wondering how the EU people are getting there copies of AoI. I placed an order on play-asia, check today and it says the game is on HOLD and then I find its cancelled my order...

I really don't want to have to wait until January to play the game so is there any other places I could get it. My friend is saying I should torrent it but I don't really want to..

Nano~~

Tekershee
Nov 20, 2007, 06:28 PM
VG+

If not, I'm driving to America.

Mattguy87
Nov 20, 2007, 06:28 PM
get a 360 and download it

Nano-bot
Nov 20, 2007, 06:32 PM
hmm funny Matguy, some of us can't afford a 360 or want to play there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Pengfishh
Nov 20, 2007, 06:52 PM
The bridge makes it a pretty quick drive.

Feelmirath
Nov 20, 2007, 06:53 PM
On 2007-11-20 15:28, Tekershee wrote:
VG+

Quoted for great justice.

Shanira
Nov 20, 2007, 06:55 PM
Not to encourage piracy or anything, but I'm torrenting it. I play regularly with a bunch of friends from the US and Canada, and I don't relish the idea of waiting for two freaking months til I can enjoy the expansion while they blither on about it.

And before anyone thinks of scolding me; I was a good girl and imported a copy of Hellgate London from the US, through a friend of mine. The package was marked a gift and customs still nabbed it and charged me an extra 30 euros on top of it (that's 45 USD) so yeah, I'm not going to attempt that again which leaves me with precious few legit options that don't involve waiting for two months.

They'll get my monthly fee, and that's plenty to alleviate any guilt I'll have, because if I cancel until it comes out here they miss out on subscription money which is equivalent to the box cost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shanira on 2007-11-20 16:05 ]</font>

Kairi_Li
Nov 20, 2007, 07:14 PM
Ditto what Shanira said, cept my fiance is getting a copy. Even if we were already living together (instead of dealing with US immigration crap right now) we would still just get ONE copy to share among ourselves.

Untill then, I am torrenting or downloading it somewhere. No way I an waiting for several monthes for it to come out in Australia. If neither of those work... My fiance will ship his copy over by air.

Rayokarna
Nov 20, 2007, 07:17 PM
As a EU PS2 user(and Hand of Thornz will agree with me) we have to sit and wait for 65 days until it is realesed over here due to the PS2 network being Region Locked...

Shanira
Nov 20, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-11-20 16:14, Kairi_Li wrote:
Even if we were already living together (instead of dealing with US immigration crap right now)
I can sympathize. US immigration policy is terrible at the best of times. Me and my SO are planning to move to Canada instead.

... Uh, back on topic now, I guess? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kairi_Li
Nov 20, 2007, 07:50 PM
Damn, seeing the state of where to get the PC version... I don't feel so bad about downloading it. I mean, yeesh, only place to get PC version tomrrow is Gamestop? And ONLY if you pre order it? Even Amazon will take 2-3 days now.

Instead of driving or running to several stores trying to find ONE friggin game, I'm glad I have the excuse to sit back and wait for a torrent. The state of game buying is getting worse in the US thanks to Gamestop moronic Pre order policies. What kind of company gets profits only from pre orders?!

I could walk in and try to buy Kingdom Hearts 2, and they wouldn't have it, and won't order it for me, but then bager me to pre order MGS4.

Sega should have just uploaded the expansion on the net, then at least people can choose to buy it and download the game instead of wasting gas money.

Turbobrain
Nov 20, 2007, 07:57 PM
On 2007-11-20 16:50, Kairi_Li wrote:
Damn, seeing the state of where to get the PC version... I don't feel so bad about downloading it. I mean, yeesh, only place to get PC version tomrrow is Gamestop? And ONLY if you pre order it? Even Amazon will take 2-3 days now.

Instead of driving or running to several stores trying to find ONE friggin game, I'm glad I have the excuse to sit back and wait for a torrent. The state of game buying is getting worse in the US thanks to Gamestop moronic Pre order policies. What kind of company gets profits only from pre orders?!

I could walk in and try to buy Kingdom Hearts 2, and they wouldn't have it, and won't order it for me, but then bager me to pre order MGS4.

Sega should have just uploaded the expansion on the net, then at least people can choose to buy it and download the game instead of wasting gas money.

videogameplus... they sent me out my copy today via DHL and with any luck should be with me tommorow or Thursday. I may have it sooner than most people in the US!

Nano-bot
Nov 20, 2007, 07:57 PM
I just don't understand why us EU people have to wait so long. Pretty silly if you ask me

Neith
Nov 20, 2007, 08:28 PM
Video Games Plus, like seemingly everyone else http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

It's been shipped, just waiting on it now..I'm tight-fisted with money though, so I only paid for standard shipping http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ryudo
Nov 20, 2007, 09:38 PM
VG+, my copy shipped 20/11/07 00:01 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zarbolord
Nov 20, 2007, 09:46 PM
On 2007-11-20 15:28, Mattguy87 wrote:

Buy me one then we'll see.

I just don't understand why us EU people have to wait so long. Pretty silly if you ask me

That's because they never think about the EU population as apparently we're the "smallest" group, yet we're important for their economical integrity. We're the last ones to receive anything game wise and sometimes even technology wise if its from US or Asia. We never get all the games that come out, not only JP games but sometimes even USA games. EU is left out in many things, so it really doesn't surprise me for those two months.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2007-11-20 18:50 ]</font>

mizukage
Nov 20, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-11-20 15:28, Tekershee wrote:
VG+

Wouldn't that make the game more expensive? Its not like oil prices are cheap, you know..

TranceZiggy
Nov 20, 2007, 09:58 PM
On 2007-11-20 16:14, Kairi_Li wrote:
Ditto what Shanira said, cept my fiance is getting a copy. Even if we were already living together (instead of dealing with US immigration crap right now) we would still just get ONE copy to share among ourselves.

Untill then, I am torrenting or downloading it somewhere. No way I an waiting for several monthes for it to come out in Australia. If neither of those work... My fiance will ship his copy over by air.

There are more fellow Aussies here than I thought <.<. But yeah, Torrenting until I can get my hands on a real copy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Yeah, right.. Like im gonna buy it ¬.¬

Tatha-kitten
Nov 20, 2007, 11:52 PM
i intend to wait, that way, i can pay off bills and stuff before i use my money on PSU. Sure, i gotta deal with PSU vanilla being almost empty again. but at least that way i get to LIVE. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

i'm patient, i can wait a couple months.

Turbobrain
Nov 21, 2007, 12:05 AM
On 2007-11-20 18:46, Zarbolord wrote:

That's because they never think about the EU population as apparently we're the "smallest" group, yet we're important for their economical integrity. We're the last ones to receive anything game wise and sometimes even technology wise if its from US or Asia. We never get all the games that come out, not only JP games but sometimes even USA games. EU is left out in many things, so it really doesn't surprise me for those two months.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2007-11-20 18:50 ]</font>

You know when you see all those pictures people post on the months synth/find threads?... where you have items like 'pyscho-stab, har-metranome and so on...'. These are EU language's. Well I reckon the reason the EU and therefore the UK(we are yet again unwilling pulled into their problems!) is becuase it needs to be interpretted into French, Spanish, German, Italian, Greek and Polish.

Now take into account it took them that long just for the simple English version.... so two months is not to bad for all those other languages.

Thats why Europe has to wait for so long... Although the UK, speaking English, as we've done for a while now, should'nt get it at the same time as the US but there is probably some mandate from Brussels saying we cant as it would go against the spirit of Eurpean harmony(yes, these assholes really are like that... UK independence NOW!).

This at least is a theory I hold and would make sense... notwithsatanding that I do enjoy blaming the EU 'government' for anything I possibly can:)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-11-20 21:07 ]</font>

TranceZiggy
Nov 21, 2007, 12:28 AM
On 2007-11-20 20:52, Tatha-kitten wrote:
but at least that way i get to LIVE. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

You must have found decent people in your life http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

buzyb77
Nov 21, 2007, 12:34 AM
On 2007-11-20 15:55, Shanira wrote:
Not to encourage piracy or anything, but I'm torrenting it. I play regularly with a bunch of friends from the US and Canada, and I don't relish the idea of waiting for two freaking months til I can enjoy the expansion while they blither on about it.

And before anyone thinks of scolding me; I was a good girl and imported a copy of Hellgate London from the US, through a friend of mine. The package was marked a gift and customs still nabbed it and charged me an extra 30 euros on top of it (that's 45 USD) so yeah, I'm not going to attempt that again which leaves me with precious few legit options that don't involve waiting for two months.

They'll get my monthly fee, and that's plenty to alleviate any guilt I'll have, because if I cancel until it comes out here they miss out on subscription money which is equivalent to the box cost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shanira on 2007-11-20 16:05 ]</font>

um Damn... next time...have him pull it out of the Box and rough it up a bit...make it "Look Old" as in you have had it and it's not brand new... Sorry But that Custom Guy Needs to be fired and as an Amercian..I would B****H for hours as your fried was forced to pay 90$ USD for a product that 1 says london on it and 2..imports in euro country are just too damn much..from what I have read.

buzyb77
Nov 21, 2007, 12:40 AM
On 2007-11-20 21:05, Turbobrain wrote:

You know when you see all those pictures people post on the months synth/find threads?... where you have items like 'pyscho-stab, har-metranome and so on...'. These are EU language's. Well I reckon the reason the EU and therefore the UK(we are yet again unwilling pulled into their problems!) is becuase it needs to be interpretted into French, Spanish, German, Italian, Greek and Polish.

Now take into account it took them that long just for the simple English version.... so two months is not to bad for all those other languages.

Thats why Europe has to wait for so long... Although the UK, speaking English, as we've done for a while now, should'nt get it at the same time as the US but there is probably some mandate from Brussels saying we cant as it would go against the spirit of Eurpean harmony(yes, these assholes really are like that... UK independence NOW!).

This at least is a theory I hold and would make sense... notwithsatanding that I do enjoy blaming the EU 'government' for anything I possibly can:)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-11-20 21:07 ]</font>

yeah Turbo I agree that you should beable to get itday and date with all english speakers but.. the problem aside from the lang translating is also Region Encoding as well as Formats with Different TV sets

Standard TV bradcast in the US are LOwer than those in the EU hince the problems as theire are a few workaround for the PC groups.

Maybe by 2020 we will all get games Day and Day but I doubt I will be buying 200$ games then.

HandOfThornz
Nov 21, 2007, 02:55 AM
On 2007-11-20 16:17, Rayokarna wrote:
As a EU PS2 user(and Hand of Thornz will agree with me) we have to sit and wait for 65 days until it is realesed over here due to the PS2 network being Region Locked...

Yep! as always us EU people have to wait,lol. a tad frustrating.
It's just show's that Microsoft have the ability to keep EU release's of games up with USA. i wish all game could be released together across the world or at least same time as USA!
ho-hum bring on the 25/1/08 =/

Shardio
Nov 21, 2007, 03:04 AM
VG+ .... unsure whether it is now shipping or not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Turbobrain
Nov 21, 2007, 03:09 AM
On 2007-11-20 21:40, buzyb77 wrote:

On 2007-11-20 21:05, Turbobrain wrote:

yeah Turbo I agree that you should beable to get itday and date with all english speakers but.. the problem aside from the lang translating is also Region Encoding as well as Formats with Different TV sets

Standard TV bradcast in the US are LOwer than those in the EU hince the problems as theire are a few workaround for the PC groups.

Maybe by 2020 we will all get games Day and Day but I doubt I will be buying 200$ games then.

I dont know anyone in the UK who doesnt have a TV that will scan at 60hz. As for the PC version it doesnt matter. I wont even mention 'Secam' though... most of Europe use PAL with a different audio subcarrier... but thats the same difference with Jp NTSC and US NTSC.

As I said, this is just another example of the UK getting screwed just because some stupid politicians some time back decided to hand over UK to a foriegn power.

Maybe by 2020 the UK will wake up and get out of Europe though I doubt that as out of out now 75million(from approx 50million 25years ago) population, 30% do not identify themselves as British.

However until then, DHL can just hurry and deliver.

redroses
Nov 21, 2007, 03:21 AM
I don't think the release is for EU is taking two months longer because they have to translate the item names in all the languages. Because going by that, the worldwide Xbox360 release wouldn't have worked. And the Xbox360 version was released in all these languages. So basically you could say they already have all the translations.

Anyway, I will be waiting two months because I only have a PS2....blah.
And I do not think my Laptop will be able to run PSU <_<
(It's kinda sad, here in Germany we have two weeks of winter vacation....and we will be missing that time out, because PSU will be released after that...grah.)

-Ryuki-
Nov 21, 2007, 03:23 AM
I could've sworn there was a CD key.

HandOfThornz
Nov 21, 2007, 03:24 AM
Lol, just checking round UK internet place's for EU release date of AOI as ST says EU date 25/1/08!
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/illuminus_info.php#release

- Amazon uk says 31/1/08
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phantasy-Star-Universe-Ambition-Illuminus/dp/B000VR1RMC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1195632634&sr=8-5

- "Game" shop uk says 2007,lol
http://www.game.co.uk/PS2/~r331113/Phantasy-Star-Universe-Ambition-of-the-Illuminus/

- GameStation Uk says TBC
http://www.gamestation.co.uk/product.asp?id=101290156675136

- HMV and Virgin megastore don't have it listed,(but they never have anything listed)

- Sega official Europe site says Early 2008
http://www.sega-europe.com/en/Game/582.htm

GuardianElite
Nov 21, 2007, 03:32 AM
On 2007-11-21 00:31, GuardianElite wrote:

On 2007-11-20 16:57, Nano-bot wrote:

Eu did get the original PSU 3 monthes after US

bagleyboy
Nov 21, 2007, 03:56 AM
On 2007-11-21 00:32, GuardianElite wrote:

On 2007-11-21 00:31, GuardianElite wrote:

On 2007-11-20 16:57, Nano-bot wrote:

No, we only had to wait one month. Get your facts right. :/

ACH
Nov 21, 2007, 03:57 AM
On 2007-11-21 00:32, GuardianElite wrote:

That's funny, becuase in my Europe it was one month

Kelvie
Nov 21, 2007, 04:07 AM
I will probably get it via the internet (torrent or usenet), as soon as it is released, of course.
I might buy it later, in euro or us version, I don't know yet, but not now anyway.

For peoples who want to buy the game but are scared of "unwanted bonus fees", you should try dvdboxoffice.com
I always take my US games from them, and I never paid any fee for the shipping, never.

(if publicity is not allowed, just delete this post :/)

Kairi_Li
Nov 21, 2007, 04:16 AM
On 2007-11-21 00:23, RyukiZero wrote:
I could've sworn there was a CD key.

Isn't the CD key required for making the payment account in Japan and NOT the installation? I mean think about it, the timeshare wouldn't have worked if there was an installation CD key.

Also I just check the billing site, it didn't ask for any CD key at all. The AoI servers are up already, just the game's not shipped and shoved on the shelves yet. If it needed a CD key, it would be asked for it when I logged in 5 mins ago.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kairi_Li on 2007-11-21 01:32 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 21, 2007, 04:31 AM
I could be wrong. I was going off of AoI JP, and using it with AoI US. Considering the fact that I don't know of PSU JP required a CD key, I honestly couldn't tell you for sure.

Turbobrain
Nov 21, 2007, 04:33 AM
On 2007-11-21 00:21, amai_berry wrote:
I don't think the release is for EU is taking two months longer because they have to translate the item names in all the languages. Because going by that, the worldwide Xbox360 release wouldn't have worked. And the Xbox360 version was released in all these languages. So basically you could say they already have all the translations.

Anyway, I will be waiting two months because I only have a PS2....blah.
And I do not think my Laptop will be able to run PSU <_<
(It's kinda sad, here in Germany we have two weeks of winter vacation....and we will be missing that time out, because PSU will be released after that...grah.)

Yeah but the XBox version did not have the offline compenent... which is a LOT of translating... theres also the sleeves and the censor board in each EU country(lol state?). My point is that we would have it far quicker in the UK if we were not part of the EU 'community'.

Rayokarna
Nov 21, 2007, 06:25 AM
On 2007-11-21 00:24, HandOfThornz wrote:
Lol, just checking round UK internet place's for EU release date of AOI as ST says EU date 25/1/08!

- Amazon uk says 31/1/08
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phantasy-Star-Universe-Ambition-Illuminus/dp/B000VR1RMC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1195632634&sr=8-5

http://www.game.co.uk/PS2/~r331113/Phantasy-Star-Universe-Ambition-of-the-Illuminus/

- HMV and Virgin megastore don't have it listed,(but they never have anything listed)

The funny thing is, most of those shops don't know if there coming or going. Except for SEGA, they never know whats really going on...

Rayokarna
Nov 21, 2007, 06:29 AM
On 2007-11-21 00:24, HandOfThornz wrote:

- Amazon uk says 31/1/08

The funny thing is, most of those shops don't know if there coming or going. Except for SEGA cause they never know whats really going on...

Nano-bot
Nov 21, 2007, 11:21 AM
*sigh* am jealous of people getting AoI today http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I just want my fancy new title screen and new hair http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ezodagrom
Nov 21, 2007, 01:19 PM
about the delay being because of the translation, I really doubt it...some weeks ago I bought a ps2 game (DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3), which came out in EU 4 days before US, and the EU version has english, french, german, italian and spanish, while psu only has english, german and french <.<

Noblewine
Nov 21, 2007, 01:28 PM
I pre-ordered it though I have to drive pretty far to get it.

Kelvie
Nov 21, 2007, 01:30 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but you are not an european player, are you ?

Turbobrain
Nov 21, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-11-21 10:19, Ezodagrom wrote:
about the delay being because of the translation, I really doubt it...some weeks ago I bought a ps2 game (DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3), which came out in EU 4 days before US, and the EU version has english, french, german, italian and spanish, while psu only has english, german and french <.<

I dont know that game but does it have all the cut scenes and so on that PSU does?

Rayokarna
Nov 21, 2007, 02:29 PM
On 2007-11-21 11:01, Turbobrain wrote:

On 2007-11-21 10:19, Ezodagrom wrote:

I dont know that game but does it have all the cut scenes and so on that PSU does?

Yes it does.

Kishin
Nov 21, 2007, 02:29 PM
Translating in italian? And from when? -.-
Wow, 2 month just for translate something...
Im european, but I dont stay wait 2 month, while others have fun already with it.
So, what? Try to figure it out what Im going to do, so sega learn to change the eu date.