PDA

View Full Version : Walkthrough: Is AoI worth a purchase for an MMO hater.

Qreg
Nov 20, 2007, 08:09 PM
I've played the devil out of the single player modes of PSU and have been anxiously awaiting the expansion. But I've been looking at the item database and the new additions for offline aren't looking to great (not even a whip?).

So I wanna know from someone who's had a chance to play offline? Is it worth it? I realize the database may not be complete but I'd just like to know for sure.

I don't really care about the actual storyline just game play changes. Thanks.

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 08:12 PM
Sure, play it for offline. Theres far far more to do than the PSU vanilla. Shame people don't care for stories now and days. =/

Check the Sticky for more.

joluh
Nov 20, 2007, 08:18 PM
On 2007-11-20 17:12, Rizen wrote:
Check the Sticky for more.

But the Sticky doesn't say what is for online and what for offline /:

For example:

02-08. New GUARDIANS types

* Acrofighter: This type excels in the use of single-handed striking weapons while exhibiting very high reaction speeds.
* Acrotecher: This type specializes in support through TECHNICs.

It never said that was for online only, I thought it would be, but still, you have to ask to be sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joluh on 2007-11-20 17:20 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 08:22 PM
It does. It has been discussed time and time again. =/ You just have to look through it.

joluh
Nov 20, 2007, 08:23 PM
You mean it isn't on the main page of the sticky but in the posts of other users? ... /:

beatrixkiddo
Nov 20, 2007, 08:27 PM
Offline AotI has:

3 Classes: Hunter/Ranger/Force
All weapon types
All PAs currently released (and a few more)
Gear from 1* to 15*
Every mission field in the game afaik
Just Attack, Just Counter
Level 200 Cap

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 08:27 PM
Yes. This is a forum after you know. You can easily browser 12 pages with the Alt+F and look for offline on each page.

joluh
Nov 20, 2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks Beatrix, nice usernambe btw ;3

Qreg
Nov 20, 2007, 08:44 PM
Man, you guys are fast.

On 2007-11-20 17:12, Rizen wrote:
Shame people don't care for stories now and days. =/

It's not that I don't care about story, I just wasn't that impressed with PSU's.

Kylie
Nov 20, 2007, 08:53 PM
Definitely, it'll expand your universe. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

mizukage
Nov 20, 2007, 09:58 PM
@OP: What is a MMO hater?? Never heard it before...

Personally, I don't play the network mode for various reasons. I play PSU once in story mode and made 3 characters in the extra mode. On top of that, I am going to buy AOI regardless of the price once I collect all the rare items, S-ranks, and A-ranks in extra mode first to play the enhanced version of Episode 2 offline.

Is AOI worth it?? Not sure about you, but considering that I had spent more than 80 hours on PSU extra mode and plan on spending another 30 hours at least, if not 50+ hours. The answer is obvious, isn't it?? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Qreg
Nov 20, 2007, 10:09 PM
An MMO hater is one who hates massively multiplayer games. I've tried all the popular ones, even the "mighty" World of Warcraft. They all bored me.

But, anyway, thanks for the info. Sounds allot better offline than I expected.

joluh
Nov 20, 2007, 10:45 PM
I don't like MMO games that much either, the community is normally rotten, I did spend a month on ROSE and about 3 on Flyff. And I still have doubts about getting AotI, apparently the 3 basic classes that we only have for offline only, can't use any S weapons and such /:

mizukage
Nov 20, 2007, 11:11 PM
On 2007-11-20 19:09, Qreg wrote:
An MMO hater is one who hates massively multiplayer games. I've tried all the popular ones, even the "mighty" World of Warcraft. They all bored me.

But, anyway, thanks for the info. Sounds allot better offline than I expected.

Mighty? I have never played any Warcraft game before. However, I do acknowledge that lots of people love the game a lot..

Qreg
Nov 20, 2007, 11:40 PM
Supposedly mighty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif