PDA

View Full Version : Extra Mode IS effected by the AoI update. (360)

Lykos
Nov 20, 2007, 10:05 PM
I was messing around in Extra Mode since I don't have enough money to buy the expansion and I saw that when selecting which technic to put on a weapon it shows which technic is already in that slot; I wasn't sure if that was there before (I had a hint it wasn't) so I tried to break my wand to see if the new grinding system was implemented, and sure enough when I broke it it went to 0/9. So while this doesn't really effect anyone, it seems that the AoI update did effect Extra Mode. Going to see now if Just Attack is there. Pretty sure it will be, but I don't know yet.

Ken_Silver
Nov 20, 2007, 10:21 PM
really? That's cool. I was wondering if it would or not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But I am on the PC and I don't know if it will be the same.

Lykos
Nov 20, 2007, 10:24 PM
Just Attack and Counter does indeed work. However, oddly, PP doesn't recharge on normal attacks.

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 10:26 PM
Yea, thats the same as how it works Offline on AoI JP.

StrongFiend
Nov 20, 2007, 10:27 PM
how about extra episode 2 voice overs or is that for ps2?

Rizen
Nov 20, 2007, 10:29 PM
They said PC/PS2 only but Im not sure. I will let him answer.

Jao
Nov 20, 2007, 10:29 PM
at least we got that new opening screen YEEEEEEEESSSSS!

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 20, 2007, 10:38 PM
On 2007-11-20 19:29, Jao wrote:

YEEEEEEES!

johnct311
Nov 21, 2007, 01:32 AM
This is nice to know, but does anyone know if the new content, such as missions, bosses, character customization, etc, are available in extra mode (provided you buy the expansion, that is), or will all that stuff be online only?

mizukage
Nov 21, 2007, 01:36 AM
On 2007-11-20 19:38, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

On 2007-11-20 19:29, Jao wrote:

YEEEEEEES!

Obviously.. After all, the opening theme song has been changed. It would be even nice if the AOI intro is like PSO, where Episode 1's theme start first followed by Episode 2's theme. Then again.. There isn't a point for this to occur to AOI...

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 21, 2007, 01:49 AM
On 2007-11-20 19:29, Rizen wrote:

It's true, the content was updated for offline mode. I have no clue about the level cap raising, but it's like having regular PSU without the expansion areas and items, so it got the system upgrades. Can't goggle or machinegun glitch offline now, either. I'm in Story Mode at Chapter 7 right now and it definitely is upgraded. I think the map even got smaller like online as well... let me check that again.

Zantra
Nov 21, 2007, 02:29 AM
So, i'm assuming that even if you don't buy the expansion, you still have to have an active online hunter's license, for the update to take effect. So, you are still paying for an updated offline extra mode (in a way).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-20 23:32 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Nov 21, 2007, 02:33 AM
On 2007-11-20 22:49, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

On 2007-11-20 19:29, Rizen wrote:

It's true, the content was updated for offline mode. I have no clue about the level cap raising, but it's like having regular PSU without the expansion areas and items, so it got the system upgrades. Can't goggle or machinegun glitch offline now, either. I'm in Story Mode at Chapter 7 right now and it definitely is upgraded. I think the map even got smaller like online as well... let me check that again.

Chapter 7... of Ethan's story? Ep1? Or EP2?

Raine_Loire
Nov 21, 2007, 02:33 AM
Think so? Seems to me that the game updates auto start when you first put the game in... and it signs you out- so I wouldn't think that you would need an active GL to get the udated extra mode.

Zantra
Nov 21, 2007, 02:36 AM
On 2007-11-20 23:33, Raine_Loire wrote:
Think so? Seems to me that the game updates auto start when you first put the game in... and it signs you out- so I wouldn't think that you would need an active GL to get the udated extra mode.

My game doesn't update, unless i'm playing online.

And, since I have to share a broadband cord with my brother's PC, I hardly ever hook my 360 up to the net.

So, I don't see how it could just magically update when i'm offline only.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-20 23:36 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Nov 21, 2007, 02:38 AM
well having your game connected to the internet doesn't require that you have a guardians license, that's all I'm saying. There's no way it can update if you aren't on xbox live, however I don't think you actually have to have a GL for offline updates.

Zantra
Nov 21, 2007, 02:41 AM
On 2007-11-20 23:38, Raine_Loire wrote:
well having your game connected to the internet doesn't require that you have a guardians license, that's all I'm saying. There's no way it can update if you aren't on xbox live, however I don't think you actually have to have a GL for offline updates.

Well, is there anyone who hasn't bought the expansion, and who doesn't play regular PSU online, who's experienced these updates?

Reipard
Nov 21, 2007, 09:41 AM
If you try to sign online, IIRC, it will download all the latest updates before actually checking your username/PW. So you should be able to get the updates just by trying to log in to PSU online once, whether a valid login or not.

I could be wrong, but.

Xtian913
Nov 21, 2007, 09:52 AM
No, you're right Reipard, by simply being connected to Xbox Live, with a Silver (Free) or Gold (Paid) account, any game will download any new updated automatically. Regardless of whether you bought the expansion PSU will download the newest update just by being loaded.

EDIT: Typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2007-11-21 06:52 ]</font>

Soulvayne
Nov 21, 2007, 12:58 PM
Remember alot of this stuff added wasn't part of the expansion but rather part of the title update which is what you are being asked to download. The Expansion introduces new weapons/pas and the such but Just Attack/Counter, new rarity color system, etc were part of that title update.

Jaspaller
Nov 21, 2007, 01:57 PM
Awesome. I think this will motivate me to finish the offline missions. Any idea if the offline cap was moved to 200 or if there's any new missions in there?

Zantra
Nov 21, 2007, 07:25 PM
It updated, but I haven't noticed any changes, and the game opening is exactly the same, as it's always been. So, what exactly got updated? Because, I didn't get "Just Attack" or any of the things that people claim to have gotten from this update.