PDA

View Full Version : rods have been buffed?

majan
Nov 21, 2007, 01:45 AM
I beleive so.I do on a 8* Mayrod (2) roughly 50-75 more damage with gi-techs than on a 9* Majimra (2).with basic attacks, i.e foie and diga,the damage was quite astonishing.I'm talking rods doing roughly 150+ more damage than the wand,and this is a rod thats a step lower than the wand that we're talking about here.(waiting to synth my halarods/uransarae till 1up bonus.)

looks like theres a hell of a lot of hope out there for fortetechers after all.and this is before I even got any level 31+ techs.remedy I know you will be reading this.smile.forces are not dead.

anyone else notice this?and,if this is just due to AOI rebalancing, when the rods do actually get rebuffed or rebalanced or watever,then yeah ft's will be immensely powerful.

Shou
Nov 21, 2007, 01:47 AM
I dont think they were buffed yet. Besides, wands still do more damage then rods because they cast faster http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Bitey
Nov 21, 2007, 01:47 AM
what you are seeing is the new damage formula. Elemental weaknesses are calculated differently now and Rods with linked techniques have more element than wands.

majan
Nov 21, 2007, 01:49 AM
On 2007-11-20 22:47, Shou wrote:
I dont think they were buffed yet. Besides, wands still do more damage then rods because they cast faster http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

this is true but with a difference that big in numbers,the comparison kinda gets skewed a little.besides,har/quick solves that problem http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

StkDrowsy
Nov 21, 2007, 01:50 AM
i noiced that gi-foie was pushing around 550, were it used to push 490-520

Anduril
Nov 21, 2007, 01:52 AM
On 2007-11-20 22:50, StkDrowsy wrote:
i noiced that gi-foie was pushing around 550, were it used to push 490-520

That's probably due to Character stat boost. My Foie was already doing roughly 50 more damage before I hit lv31, from last night.

APEXi
Nov 21, 2007, 01:53 AM
check your characters stats...

majan
Nov 21, 2007, 01:55 AM
I know the stats are different,but Im not talking about the numbers themselves Im talking about the difference in numbers between rods and wands.

Dragwind
Nov 21, 2007, 09:23 AM
We shouldn't have the rod adjustment yet on American servers...(judging from your sig)

Remedy
Nov 21, 2007, 10:51 AM
While that's true, Dragwind, we DO have the Slicer nerfs that were destined for the same patch as the technic and rod rebalance.

Sasamichan
Nov 21, 2007, 11:11 AM
On 2007-11-21 07:51, Remedy wrote:
While that's true, Dragwind, we DO have the Slicer nerfs that were destined for the same patch as the technic and rod rebalance.

Just too bad the Rod rebalance wasn't added too. Btw, how were rods rebalanced?

majan
Nov 21, 2007, 12:49 PM
On 2007-11-21 08:11, Sasamichan wrote:

On 2007-11-21 07:51, Remedy wrote:

Just too bad the Rod rebalance wasn't added too. Btw, how were rods rebalanced?

that isnt very clear,unless a JP player that knows what they actually did can shed some light.majan's guess is that they wil probably tweak the cast delay that separates rods and wands,or make them powerful enough where they can still edge out wands even with the faster casting.I don't quite know.

like I said though,the main thing that is making me say that is the amount of damage they do over wands.but i spose that is just the new calculation rebalance.whatever it is,it gives ft's hope in staying the superior tech damage class over at's.Ive noticed quite a significant difference in power from rods to wands,even with the fast casting.

also,has anybody noticed that,like in PSO,the lightning techs now cast faster?I find this awesome,and awesomely funny.on a madoog,it is actually entertaining to watch.madoogs btw are the coolest thing I have tooled with since the expansion hit.

MSAksion
Nov 21, 2007, 01:57 PM
I really hope there is this "Rod Boost" for us FTs who are too stubborn to change our ways. I want to be the most powerful Mage possible - that is female newman Fortecher with Staffs.

I dont want to see an An Acrotecher Hybrid with wands and madoogs being as powerful as a full Sorceress and yet could be with faster casting abilities and 4 spell on one palette slot - 2 on the madoog, 2 on the wand.

Heck apparently Ft can use BOTH the Whip & Madoog so yeah i'll link Gizonde/Razonde and Zodeel on it and use a lightning Whip in my right. But for other techs i shouldn't see someone else outdamaging me TECH-wise or there's no point to FT.

Question - So the only benefit to ForteTecher right now is the Staff elemental power boost and lvl 40 TECH?

Question - Is it true that 31+ tech is still the same area of effect range as a 21+ tech?

Soukosa
Nov 21, 2007, 06:40 PM
EU/XBox versions got the chikki nerf (chikki != slicer) and WT buffs since that's part of the update on the JP version this week. That update makes no mention of the rod and tech tweaks so you most likely didn't get that as the JP version isn't getting it. They probably haven't decided upon how to do it (hence the vagueness of the update message) and have it ready to be implemented yet.

On 2007-11-21 10:57, MSAksion wrote:
Question - So the only benefit to ForteTecher right now is the Staff elemental power boost and lvl 40 TECH?

Question - Is it true that 31+ tech is still the same area of effect range as a 21+ tech?

FT has lv 40 techs, natural PP reduction on techs, and much higher TP than any other techer job. You shouldn't compare AT to FT as FT will always do more damage. The speed advantage doesn't make up for the huge difference in TP and the lower tech levels. Madoogs are also highly over rated.

Tier 4 techs have greater range and coverage (for multiple hitting techs). Gi techs were supposedly gimped at tier 3 to have shorter range with tier 4 ones having that range back.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 21, 2007, 06:45 PM
We also got the HIKEN nerf as well, Soukosa. Hikens only regen 3pp per tick for a Fortefighter now. It used to be much higher.

buzyb77
Nov 21, 2007, 06:48 PM
On 2007-11-20 22:55, majan wrote:
I know the stats are different,but Im not talking about the numbers themselves Im talking about the difference in numbers between rods and wands.

ok as I am not on the game I will say this...1 aste The Tech Stats on the wand and Rod the Same?

if so what you Describe could be a combo of the Diffrence between 4% and 8% if all on the wand ore the Same element.