PDA

View Full Version : 100 runs of Sleeping Warriors and NO Pyscho Wand, goto Dual

Turbobrain
Nov 21, 2007, 02:09 AM
I've done nearly 100 runs since Friday on Sleeping Warriors S2, and other than a whole bunch of 9* boards, mats and other stuff I dont need, not a SINGLE Pyscho Wand board, Svaltus Sword or rare spawn(therefore huge cutter). In fact NOTHING except diads and relic edges(whew!).

My friend suggested that Pyscho Wands are known to drop more in Dual Sentinal S2... not just that but because of the variety I may just get a broader range of drops... and as the PWand is an area drop and not specific(though I have ideas about so called 'area drops') it would be of no consequence doing DS.

The logic sounds good and frankly after nearly 100 runs in 72 hours I'm getting a little bit board(speaking of which, ran-missaki[B ] anyone? I tell you its CRUEL when they drop...).

So what you'll reckon, as I say it sounds good to me and I know theres a map on DS that has a load of Svaltus so I may get lucky on my sword to. I would REALLY welcome your opinions as to whether its better for my purposes, the same, or my friend speaks with forked tonge. I guess the fact the spawns on that mission are 5 lvls lower will speed me up a little...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 21, 2007, 02:13 AM
SW S2 is a lot faster and easier to spam, so I'd stick to that unless you have a big party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-11-20 23:13 ]</font>

Shiryuu
Nov 21, 2007, 02:13 AM
1: Get slicers
2: Spam slicers
3: ???
4: Profit!

Takes 7-10 minutes to clear blocks 1-3 (of sw) with neutral slicer attacks.

mizukage
Nov 21, 2007, 02:16 AM
I thought I was unlucky to not get any Kubara Wood or Dagger of Serafi, but there are actually people more unlucky.. S2 missions are surely much more difficult than the ones I am currently doing...

Carlo210
Nov 21, 2007, 02:24 AM
Remember, slicers drain pp like crazy. Gotta JA normal hits to get pp back.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 21, 2007, 02:26 AM
Or use charges and/or carry spares.

Spares is probably the best bet, considering a SW run typically has 2 cubes, and never fewer than 1.

Shiryuu
Nov 21, 2007, 02:28 AM
Either that, or farm a PP generate/giga skill unit first.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-11-20 23:29 ]</font>

drizzle
Nov 21, 2007, 02:43 AM
O hey put those Ran-misaki boards in your shop for a good price if you don't want them =P

Turbobrain
Nov 21, 2007, 02:54 AM
I can do DS S2 solo in just over 20 minutes, so its about the same.

It comes down to the the drops then.

I must say I dont think I have ever seen a screenshot of a pwand dropping in this mission but apparently they drop just as much if not more... anyone else care to express an opinion?

-Ryuki-
Nov 21, 2007, 03:05 AM
100 runs seems like NOT enough, but that's just from experience with Desert Terror, and not a single S rank dropping.

erickarim
Nov 21, 2007, 03:32 AM
keep at it. it will drop for you. if sws2 has way more enemies. most of them you can trash easy with dambarta.

AnimeSister
Nov 21, 2007, 03:46 AM
Persistance is key when rare hunting; just keep going at it and hopefully it will drop sometime soon ^_^ But don't make it a chore; get some rest, relax at times and hit the stage again and again *prays for Psycho Wand to drop*, don't strain yourself or otherwise you will burn out. Oh yeah, it also helps if you don't think of the rares at all; just run the stage as if you weren't hunting at all and it wouldn't seem monotonous, watch TV as well or browse random sites while running. Then one day, when you least expect it...IT DROPS! hehehehehehehe ( I know this isn't going to help with the percentage of drops but you have my support ^_^)

DanMalak
Nov 21, 2007, 03:58 AM
Hey, if you need help with solo runs I'm there for yea. I'll try to get on more since with all the stuff coming out and whatnot. Hopefully I can cut your runtime in half so you can finally get a pwand. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif You have my card so just gimmie a holla next time you see me on. I'll prolly be doing nothing anyways.

Turbobrain
Nov 21, 2007, 04:41 AM
On 2007-11-21 00:46, AnimeSister wrote:
Persistance is key when rare hunting; just keep going at it and hopefully it will drop sometime soon ^_^ But don't make it a chore; get some rest, relax at times and hit the stage again and again *prays for Psycho Wand to drop*, don't strain yourself or otherwise you will burn out. Oh yeah, it also helps if you don't think of the rares at all; just run the stage as if you weren't hunting at all and it wouldn't seem monotonous, watch TV as well or browse random sites while running. Then one day, when you least expect it...IT DROPS! hehehehehehehe ( I know this isn't going to help with the percentage of drops but you have my support ^_^)

Very wise statement... thats pretty much how I do it... just when I hunt I always end up getting the rare I didnt need(hunting Uransara July and got Deva....) But yeah I find this game can read your mind... every time I actually give a shit I dont get it... and the more I do and the more I dont get it.... dont drop or pass me.

Then I go throw the fukit stage and play just to 'play the game' then bam rares drop and or come to me....

Its true, earlier I did a run with a friend who doesnt have much... A Fire / Resist dropped and I really wanted him to have it so it went to me.

Like 1up all stuff I didnt want I got... but FF or FT weps... On Neudauz the way EVERY rare passed me was comical. But yeah I'm gonna chill out and not worry so much(denial?)... it may work. I'm back on SW as I just think its gonna drop for me there... or something will!

AnimeSister
Nov 21, 2007, 04:53 AM
That's good to hear ^_^ Good luck with your runs and hope one of these days you will get the item you desire!

RappyRobot
Nov 21, 2007, 05:51 AM
zomg psychowand might actually drop

lies!!!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

MSAksion
Nov 21, 2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah a friend of mine and i used to spam onmagoug A and S rank for easy MP and in HOPES of finding a Me/Quick or a Har/quick - depended on what time we both woke up before her school. After a month or two we just plain gave up. THEN the 1cup hit.

Still didn't find a Me/quick or a har/quick - even with 500% drop rate and boxes - even with 4 people lvl 95+ we couldn't get every monster and have enough time to break the boxes to see whats inside.

Rares are super rare. Nothing we can do about that.

Turbobrain
Nov 21, 2007, 12:30 PM
Thats the thing... I searched for 2 days for my Me / Quick with my friend then got two a few runs apart(1 each:)).

On 1up I managed to just grab a har / quick in the nick of time, the only box I could open before the screen cleared had it and it went to my friend(which is as good as it going to me!).

I even got lucky in the days Halarods were real rare... 50 runs and bam... and it synthed!

Lately though, Rebca, Svaltus, Pyscho and so on.... its just not happening! My focus is of finding stuff though, I just want to level up my PA's and if I do find something, thats cool!

kissablepimp
Nov 21, 2007, 12:36 PM
Just do what I do Say if you gat it you get if you don't you don't I've been looking for Har/quick too in the 1 up cup never got it after the update to AOTI fought did demon above s2 to once and got a har/quick on my first run and also got a 10* axe in the new sakura S mission and did 'nt expect it but good luck to all who are looking for something they really want.