PDA

View Full Version : Acrotecher Question(s)...

Theoderic
Nov 21, 2007, 09:22 AM
I kept reading on Acrotecher and I know that FO 5 is a requirement, but is the other class needed RA or HU? I thought it was RA 3, and I was under the impression that with RA as a requirement, they could use Storm Line. Is my understanding correct, or am I wrong?

Dragwind
Nov 21, 2007, 09:30 AM
I believe its ranger 3, but I'm unsure.

Ruffnexx
Nov 21, 2007, 09:33 AM
it is level 3 ranger, but im not sure on the strom line i will have an acrotecher friend check and see if we can use it

Lyrise
Nov 21, 2007, 09:35 AM
Your assumption is correct. The only classes that can't use Stormline are fF, WT, FT, and PT.

Theoderic
Nov 21, 2007, 09:40 AM
Okay, now, I haven't bought AoI yet... Moving is taking up my funds, but I was thinking about what class to play it as... I guess I'll make a Human... something tells me that at higher levels the 5% bonus would further close the gaps between it and the other races.

Dragwind
Nov 21, 2007, 09:41 AM
A bit odd PT doesn't get it imo. I'm guessing probably because they're only 1/3 ranger, so to speak.

Theoderic
Nov 21, 2007, 10:09 AM
I was thinking of some palette ideas, and without revealing too much of how I will be playing, I need to ask some suggestions.

I was thinking of using Dagger and Card, primarily because of their extra hits per attack compared to Saber and Handgun. I thought of how useful level 31+ debuffs would be though, and how I would want to have them available to me at all times. Now, having Dagger and Card (not on the same palette slot) is what I considered ideal, and just having Twin Handguns for times I need to go into first person, but if I replace Card with Handgun, I have eliminated one of the uses for Twin Handguns (not sure how powerful S Handguns will be compared to A Twins, but I think Storm + Storm Line would compensate enough). No Twin Handguns on palette means I can use a Wand + Madoog combo for debuffs. Also, I figured that if I was going to be using a weapon that all classes could use (Handgun), why not use Saber as well. I asked before when it pertained to Fortegunner which was the better out of Dagger and Saber. I've only ever used Saber, but with Dagger hitting 4 times normally, the extra attack might be worth it at higher levels, along with Acrotecher speed. PP Recovery is something I noticed as well, and I think that PA spamming on Dagger is nice *watches Tonnio pummel shit*. I see though, that the only class that doesn't use Dagger is PT, and I doubt my AT would go PT... If anyone would go that route, it would be my Cast Fortegunner... I guess I'm asking for some explanation between Dagger and Saber being used on AT, along with PA info... and the same for Handgun and Card. Oh, not sure if I made it clear, but the Cards hitting one thing 3x is what I was liking the idea of compared to the Saber only hitting one, although Handgun can go into FPS. At 11+ though, is the range on Handgun enough to merit using it over Card? I know there are times where switches and such need to be aimed at, which might just make Handgun's versatility better than damage...

I'm not trying to be the highest in DPS, but rather the most conservative and balanced.

Remedy
Nov 21, 2007, 10:35 AM
On 2007-11-21 06:41, Dragwind wrote:
A bit odd PT doesn't get it imo. I'm guessing probably because they're only 1/3 ranger, so to speak.It's actually more that Protransers get access to no class-specific armor that they share a class for, because they're "experimental".

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 21, 2007, 10:38 AM
A bit odd PT doesn't get it imo. I'm guessing probably because they're only 1/3 ranger, so to speak.

Maybe PT is special. Its neither a Fighter, Gunner, nor a Techer, just... a Transer. >.>

Theoderic
Nov 21, 2007, 10:51 AM
I think Shiro and I are in BS together... anywho, anyone care to help me out with my dilemma? Those 13* Dagger looks nice with the stats and the grinds... I guess Saber versus Dagger isn't too hard to help with. I do really need help with Handgun versus Card. Handgun without SE3 seems like a waste, but the versatility compared to Cards...

Now come to think of it, how is the Just Attack thing with Saber and Dagger? I kind of have it down with Saber, but I don't know how it is compared to Dagger

scarecrow36
Nov 21, 2007, 11:18 AM
On 2007-11-21 06:35, Lyrise wrote:
Your assumption is correct. The only classes that can't use Stormline are fF, WT, FT, and PT.

PT cant use stormline >_>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 21, 2007, 11:23 AM
On 2007-11-21 08:18, scarecrow36 wrote:

On 2007-11-21 06:35, Lyrise wrote:

PT cant use stormline >_>

That's what he just said.

oooWaveooo
Nov 21, 2007, 11:33 AM
daggers are a bit quicker on the acrotecher so i would chose that over the single saber.

personally i'm going for whips+madoogs

Shiryuu
Nov 21, 2007, 11:36 AM
On 2007-11-21 07:35, Remedy wrote:

A bit odd PT doesn't get it imo. I'm guessing probably because they're only 1/3 ranger, so to speak.It's actually more that Protransers get access to no class-specific armor that they share a class for, because they're "experimental".

I'm surprised it still is in AoI. AT/AF didn't seem to have any sort of "experimental" stage.

stukasa
Nov 21, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-11-21 07:51, Theoderic wrote:
Now come to think of it, how is the Just Attack thing with Saber and Dagger? I kind of have it down with Saber, but I don't know how it is compared to Dagger
I find it very easy to JA with daggers, I can do it almost every time. Saber is slightly more tricky because there's a split-second delay between strikes, but it's still not that bad.

Schubalts
Nov 21, 2007, 11:55 AM
On 2007-11-21 08:33, oooWaveooo wrote:
daggers are a bit quicker on the acrotecher so i would chose that over the single saber.

Every melee weapon is quicker on an Acrotecher.

Theoderic
Nov 21, 2007, 11:57 AM
Okay, Dagger it is... plain and simple... Better ATA and PP with more hits allows me to spam more PAs after using JA on the 3 normal attacks. Hmmm... now we need to figure out what to do with Handgun or Card. Card is looking so damn tempting, and I am thinking of just keeping a Twin Handgun off palette to assist me... I kind of hate having things off palette, as I end up accidentally selling them... did that with an armor one time... I've been studying the numbers since I made this post.

I didn't want to post this because I try to keep my own strategies to myself, but I was thinking of a palette along these lines...

Madoog / Wand Shifta/Deband/Zoldial/Retier
Shadoog / Whip Auto Shot/Attack/PA
Card / Wand Bullet-2/Giresta/Ra-1
Madoog / Wand Tech-1/Gi-1/Tech-2/Gi-2
Madoog / Dagger Giresta/Ra-2/Attack/PA

Below are the 2 competing for my last position...

Twin Handgun Bullet-1
Madoog / Wand Giresta/Zoldeel/Jellen/Zalure

I'll have the PA space, but I was trying to optimize myself to suit any situation well, and I was thinking maybe just swapping the debuffs with the Twin Handguns for boss fights, and using the Card on pretty much anything that needs it... I just hate carrying extras on me, not that it will be too much of a burden in AoI... As I was stating before, if I replace Card with Handgun, I can have that smaller palette... Is it worth it, or should I just deal with having to carry the off palette things? (I already would be carrying 12 weapons... and 13 is my favorite number... I guess it would be like a FT swapping their debuff Rod for Bow during bosses...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Theoderic on 2007-11-21 10:10 ]</font>

Simca
Nov 23, 2007, 02:25 PM
On 2007-11-21 08:33, oooWaveooo wrote:

i got a whip in story mode...it owns EVERYTHING! same as you im going AT for the whips. that and the lvl40 buffs.

Simca
Nov 23, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-11-21 08:57, Theoderic wrote:
Okay, Dagger it is... plain and simple... Better ATA and PP with more hits allows me to spam more PAs after using JA on the 3 normal attacks. Hmmm... now we need to figure out what to do with Handgun or Card. Card is looking so damn tempting, and I am thinking of just keeping a Twin Handgun off palette to assist me... I kind of hate having things off palette, as I end up accidentally selling them... did that with an armor one time... I've been studying the numbers since I made this post.

I didn't want to post this because I try to keep my own strategies to myself, but I was thinking of a palette along these lines...

Madoog / Wand Shifta/Deband/Zoldial/Retier
Shadoog / Whip Auto Shot/Attack/PA
Card / Wand Bullet-2/Giresta/Ra-1
Madoog / Wand Tech-1/Gi-1/Tech-2/Gi-2
Madoog / Dagger Giresta/Ra-2/Attack/PA

Below are the 2 competing for my last position...

Twin Handgun Bullet-1
Madoog / Wand Giresta/Zoldeel/Jellen/Zalure

I'll have the PA space, but I was trying to optimize myself to suit any situation well, and I was thinking maybe just swapping the debuffs with the Twin Handguns for boss fights, and using the Card on pretty much anything that needs it... I just hate carrying extras on me, not that it will be too much of a burden in AoI... As I was stating before, if I replace Card with Handgun, I can have that smaller palette... Is it worth it, or should I just deal with having to carry the off palette things? (I already would be carrying 12 weapons... and 13 is my favorite number... I guess it would be like a FT swapping their debuff Rod for Bow during bosses...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Theoderic on 2007-11-21 10:10 ]</font>

i think you should take the handgun. having stuff in your inventory gets confusing, plus like you said earlier, theres the risk of accidentally selling it. also you get your fps for hitting targets at range.