PDA

View Full Version : PSUJP - Maximum Attack G details!

EspioKaos
Nov 21, 2007, 10:01 AM
From the latest issues of Famitsu and Dengeki PLayStation, we have some new information (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/071121b.html) on the upcoming Japanese event Maximum Attack G, part of the 20th anniversary celebration of the Phantasy Star series. Max-Attack G will begin in December, but a specific date has not been determined just yet.

As the event's storyline tells, a battle simulator known as "VR: Maximum Attack" was discovered on Dark Ryucross. This simulator has been reconstructed for use by the GUARDIANS.

Missions
Two missions have been confirmed, both of which take place in PSO-inspired locales: the forest and mines. Special adjustments will be made to the enemies in these missions, much like what was seen during the 1Up Platinum Cup. Their HP will be at 50%, EXP will be 250% of the normal amount and their drop rates will be increased to 250%. Furthermore, two lead characters from PSO might show up during battle: Ash and Rupika! (Note that these missions will be available only to Ambition of the Illuminus players.)

A trade mission will also be available where players can trade certain items for new weapons and clothing. The HUmar clothing as well as a certain madoog based on the design of Pushan are two confirmed trade items.

Event rewards
At the end of the event, many special rewards can be earned for select players as well as the community as a whole. Some of these include the normal increased synthesis rates, half-price room decorations and free Lumilass makeovers, among other things. The Bouquet and Spread Needle are two prizes that may be awarded to certain individuals who do exceptionally well during the event.

Mystil
Nov 21, 2007, 10:03 AM
I knew it. This is 1UP Part II. Now that is good news.

Mag_Launcher
Nov 21, 2007, 10:04 AM
Song for Death part deux: Spread Needle? DO WANT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2007-11-21 07:05 ]</font>

Lamak
Nov 21, 2007, 10:05 AM
o.o

amtalx
Nov 21, 2007, 10:09 AM
Ugh... I'm not really thrilled with the drop rate increase. Once was enough. A Spread Needle sounds cool though, as long as its not hax.

Dragwind
Nov 21, 2007, 10:16 AM
Wow...sounds awesome. Gib spread needle + bouqet.

Sounds like quite a bit of nostalgia as well in the new generation. I'm pretty amped to play forest and mines in PSU. Too bad we won't get this for quite some time US side lawl.

Clunker
Nov 21, 2007, 10:28 AM
Forgive the odd request: what does the mag "Pushan" look like? Similarly, pics of the PSO characters Ash & Rupika would be nice.

I did play PSO, but had to quit during it's early development - I don't think Mags were even available yet here... so I have little idea what the hell Pushan was/is; similarly the two Hunter's names sound familiar, but can't place faces... help?

Remedy
Nov 21, 2007, 10:33 AM
Now THIS will be fuckin' awesome. I cannot wait to cross Gizonde with Rupika again! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 10:34 AM
Uh...mags were available from day 1, I believe. Some of the rare models may not have been released yet, but the mags themselves had always been available.

Edit: Remind me who Rupika is? I remember Ash.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinako78 on 2007-11-21 07:35 ]</font>

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 21, 2007, 10:36 AM
Pushan - just look through the mag guides under PSO on this site, should find it quite easily.

Ash - looks just like the generic (orange suit, brown hair) HUmar.

Rupika - I dunno.

Remedy
Nov 21, 2007, 10:38 AM
On 2007-11-21 07:34, Kinako78 wrote:
Edit: Remind me who Rupika is? I remember Ash.She's a FOnewearl! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (Purple outfit, has the white clown facepaint... pigtails like mine, IIRC. Wielded a Caduceus, too, if I remember right. HOLY SHIT THAT MIGHT MEAN WE COULD GET A CADUCEUS WIN)

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 10:40 AM
Hmmm...where was she seen?

Golto
Nov 21, 2007, 10:43 AM
Lets hope when we get this event they use the easy button for getting Spread Needles like they did with Song For Deaths for NA/EU.

Remedy
Nov 21, 2007, 10:45 AM
She was integral in a lot of the Episode 4 story in PSO:BB, but beyond that, I really don't remember. Wait for one of the more wise PSO lorekeepers to come into the topic, I'm sure they'll know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kamiense
Nov 21, 2007, 10:49 AM
I'm just hoping at some point (Since we'd be in PSO Land), we can get my Mercurius. :D

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 10:50 AM
Ah, that's why I don't know her. I never got to play PSO:BB. ^_^;;

Remedy
Nov 21, 2007, 10:52 AM
On 2007-11-21 07:49, Kamiense wrote:
I'm just hoping at some point (Since we'd be in PSO Land), we can get my Mercurius. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifI wouldn't put too much hope on Mercurius (since it only came out in the tail end of PSO:BB's life), but Caduceus seems like a "safe bet".

Though honestly, since we have to put up with Psycho being the 12* rod and not the 15* rod like it should be, Dark Bridge had damn well better be our 15* rod. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 10:54 AM
Dark Bridge? *looks it up*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinako78 on 2007-11-21 07:54 ]</font>

Freshellent
Nov 21, 2007, 10:55 AM
I could roundhouse a nun I'm so happy to hear this.

Kylie
Nov 21, 2007, 10:56 AM
Oh great, another trade mission. >_>

Remedy
Nov 21, 2007, 10:57 AM
On 2007-11-21 07:54, Kinako78 wrote:
Dark Bridge? *looks it up*
Here's (http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/Flamora/PsychoBridge.jpg) a picture for you.

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 10:57 AM
Ok, I remember seeing the Dark Bridge pictures in my PSO days. I just never got one. ^_^;;

Edit: Thanks, Remedy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinako78 on 2007-11-21 07:58 ]</font>

Krisan
Nov 21, 2007, 11:04 AM
Damnit, those PSO missions and clothing had better not end up as event only stuff.. That would just piss me off. Other than that though, very much looking forward to seeing it come our way..

Mystil
Nov 21, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-11-21 07:57, Kinako78 wrote:
Ok, I remember seeing the Dark Bridge pictures in my PSO days. I just never got one. ^_^;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinako78 on 2007-11-21 07:58 ]</font>

You wouldnt want one anyway since having one, labeled you a OMG HAXORZZZZ. >___________>

Nano-bot
Nov 21, 2007, 11:10 AM
I hope the PSO missions stay after the event http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tomeeboy
Nov 21, 2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks for all the information Espiokaos, it has been front-paged! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Certainly looks like this will be comparable to the 1UP Cup, which everyone seemed to love. Looks like a very good reason to pick up the expansion if you didn't get your fill of great xp and drops in the last event!

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-11-21 08:05, Mystil wrote:

On 2007-11-21 07:57, Kinako78 wrote:

You wouldnt want one anyway since having one, labeled you a OMG HAXORZZZZ. >___________>

Oh, joy... *rolls eyes*

Neith
Nov 21, 2007, 11:20 AM
Ash and Rupika...looks like Bernie doesn't have the knack to star in this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wonder if all the PSO costumes would be prizes- if Pushan and the HUmar costume are, there's a good chance the other PSO related items might be the remaining prizes.

Gib HUnewearl outfit ._.

Remedy
Nov 21, 2007, 11:21 AM
Not necessarily, since they released the Parasitic Gene 'flow' as a drop on PSO:BB JP servers after their Maximum Attack 4, I think.

Then, of course, "other" BB servers have it, too.

Kinako78
Nov 21, 2007, 11:23 AM
On 2007-11-21 08:20, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Ash and Rupika...looks like Bernie doesn't have the knack to star in this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wonder if all the PSO costumes would be prizes- if Pushan and the HUmar costume are, there's a good chance the other PSO related items might be the remaining prizes.

Gib HUnewearl outfit ._.

Wouldn't mind seeing Sue, either.

Kireek can just die, though...

And give me HUnewearl outfit, too.

Rayokarna
Nov 21, 2007, 12:41 PM
I really hope this event happens AFTER EU get AOI, or that is a true sign of disrespect...

Knowing Sega I wouldn't put it past them...

Lyrise
Nov 21, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-11-21 09:41, Rayokarna wrote:
I really hope this event happens AFTER EU get AOI, or that is a true sign of disrespect...

Even though I'm not a big fan of SoA's actions, I highly doubt this will be the case. Those servers are like, 2 months behind the JP servers, and the diference between Max Attack G on the JP servers and EU release date isn't 2 months. Even if they do break the cycle, so far, the trend for events on the US/EU servers has shown the same thing: It takes LONGER on a comparative scale for you to get your events.

AxelgearVII
Nov 21, 2007, 12:52 PM
On 2007-11-21 07:01, EspioKaos wrote:
The Bouquet and Spread Needle are two prizes that may be awarded to certain individuals who do exceptionally well during the event.

Well this sucks. Im going to have to do battle against Japanese no-lifers all month to get my spread needle. ;/

Let's also hope that they fixed enemy appearances from the beta. I wouldn't be happy fighting a bil de bear at the end of forest again. Or fight volfus in place of barbarous wolves. Even if all 3 enemies are just reskins.

On 2007-11-21 09:41, Rayokarna wrote:

You can't possibly think you'd get this even just 1 month after us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxelgearVII on 2007-11-21 09:58 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Nov 21, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-11-21 08:10, Nano-bot wrote:
I hope the PSO missions stay after the event http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Agree. I was looking forward to accessing Forest and Mines whenever I felt like when it was released. Wasn't expecting it as an event only Stage.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

But I'm glad to hear it coming non-the-less.
Is it finally time to earn my FOmar outfit once again? YAY!

EspioKaos
Nov 21, 2007, 01:50 PM
See, the thing is it never says that these fields will be event only. The missions in these fields will be event only, but the fields probably won't. To be honest, considering that the story of finding this VR battle simulator on Dark Ryucross is mentioned, I think they're going to use that as justification for keeping the stages accessible even after the event has ended. Of course, I expect we won't have the same missions with nerfed enemies and buffed EXP and drop rates, but just normal variants of the missions to play whenever we want.

Jaspaller
Nov 21, 2007, 01:54 PM
Missions
Two missions have been confirmed, both of which take place in PSO-inspired locales: the forest and mines. Special adjustments will be made to the enemies in these missions, much like what was seen during the 1Up Platinum Cup. Their HP will be at 50%, EXP will be 250% of the normal amount and their drop rates will be increased to 250%. Furthermore, two lead characters from PSO might show up during battle: Ash and Rupika! (Note that these missions will be available only to Ambition of the Illuminus players.)

A trade mission will also be available where players can trade certain items for new weapons and clothing. The HUmar clothing as well as a certain madoog based on the design of Pushan are two confirmed trade items.

Event rewards
At the end of the event, many special rewards can be earned for select players as well as the community as a whole. Some of these include the normal increased synthesis rates, half-price room decorations and free Lumilass makeovers, among other things. The Bouquet and Spread Needle are two prizes that may be awarded to certain individuals who do exceptionally well during the event.

I want to scream like a little girl after reading your post... but then I fall back to reality and realize that it's so far away. Blah. No caves though?

EspioKaos
Nov 21, 2007, 02:05 PM
I found it odd that the caves weren't mentioned, too. Of course, this is only early information from a magazine, so I'm positive there's a lot more to this event than what's been said. We should see a section at the Japanese site open up for this soon, considering the even begins next month.

Golto
Nov 21, 2007, 02:16 PM
We on NA/EU still have the 1 year festa so I doubt we'll get this event before EU pc/ps2 gets AOI.

EspioKaos
Nov 21, 2007, 02:20 PM
Random note. I forgot to mention this earlier, but the mines field is supposed to introduce a new enemy. It was described as a dark-colored armor-plated thing called Balanzo. Also, Bil De Vears are said to appear in the forest, however they might take a new form...? I wouldn't be surprised if it's reskinned and renamed to Hildebear or something similar.

Deissa
Nov 21, 2007, 02:30 PM
'baranzo' is just what they translated as Baranz, isn't it?

EspioKaos
Nov 21, 2007, 02:33 PM
I think it was just Baranzu in the Japanese version, but you've brought up an excellent point. I don't even know why the Garanz/Baranz series of tank-bots never crossed my mind! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

AxelgearVII
Nov 21, 2007, 03:21 PM
There will be much lulz to be had when the Baranz comes back. It makes perfect sense for them to not give up all of the stages now. Just like Ash and Rupika most likely aren't the only NPC's that will make cameos either. All the more buzz to build excitement when they're announced later; or better yet, when we find out about them as they're released.

Remedy
Nov 21, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-11-21 11:30, Cadamar wrote:
'baranzo' is just what they translated as Baranz, isn't it?B...BARANZ!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jaspaller
Nov 21, 2007, 03:54 PM
Ash with the crea doubles lolololol. And I'm guessing the Baranz is going to own just as hard as he did on Ultimate... I hope it's possible to outrun the missles like before lol

Arika
Nov 21, 2007, 06:00 PM

The Bouquet and Spread Needle are two prizes that may be awarded to certain individuals who do exceptionally well during the event.

Okay, so only around a few % of jp players can get this item, while all US players and Xbox players can simply get it by clearing all mission again -,-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-11-21 15:02 ]</font>

Mikaga
Nov 21, 2007, 06:12 PM
Okay, so only around a few % of jp players can get this item, while all US players and Xbox players can simply get it by clearing all mission again -,-
Better that than having Cherry/Skyepic return temporarily to get both and then leaving again, leaving nobody with either.

pikachief
Nov 21, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-11-21 15:12, Mikaga wrote:

Better that than having Cherry/Skyepic return temporarily to get both and then leaving again, leaving nobody with either.

i really hope they do it the JP way on teh US servers! song for deaths are super strong but worthless! its sad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif my favorite weapon, trashed by sega http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

JC10001
Nov 22, 2007, 10:04 AM
On 2007-11-21 15:31, pikachief wrote:
i really hope they do it the JP way on teh US servers! song for deaths are super strong but worthless! its sad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif my favorite weapon, trashed by sega http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

And I for one really hope they do it the same way as the SFD on the US servers...since I was actually able to get one while still having a life.

Also, who cares if SFD doesn't cost much in the shops?

Arika
Nov 22, 2007, 10:45 AM
Song of death.... a top class grenade that everyone easily get it ...
Spread needle... may be the top shotgun 15* that gonna be worthless again?

anyway, it doesn't mean that you need to be no life to get those item,
In JP = nearly, because too large population + competitive
In US = well, 300 people can get by mile stone point + 1600 people can have it by TA. also another 100 people to get it by top 100 ranking individual point!
be in the top 2000 of in US server(xbox+PC) . it isn't that hard.
(and having 2000 copy of same 15* weapon is bad enough)

Illuminate
Nov 23, 2007, 03:50 AM
Err, just curious. I saw a thanks Festa thing earlier... We never got it...? o.O; Did we? I mean. I heard the JP Servers got it. But I don't think we got that one year thingie.

F-Gattaca
Nov 23, 2007, 09:08 AM
On 2007-11-21 12:35, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-11-21 11:30, Cadamar wrote:
'baranzo' is just what they translated as Baranz, isn't it?B...BARANZ!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

On 2007-11-21 10:50, EspioKaos wrote:
See, the thing is it never says that these fields will be event only. The missions in these fields will be event only, but the fields probably won't. To be honest, considering that the story of finding this VR battle simulator on Dark Ryucross is mentioned, I think they're going to use that as justification for keeping the stages accessible even after the event has ended. Of course, I expect we won't have the same missions with nerfed enemies and buffed EXP and drop rates, but just normal variants of the missions to play whenever we want.

I sure hope you're right, because I have one word for you, EpisoKaos.

Floaders.

We're never gonna see those again, even though I wish we would.

In the end though, I really hope you're right and we still get to visit the PSO fields/Ragol again. The item descriptions for PSO items currently available to us always references "dimensional rifts" and getting discovered in a RELICS site, which is wonderfully serendipitous considering what I was planning for months (and will be unfolding over the next few weeks).

But it would really suck for it all to be simply a VR thing that we only get to see once.

DesertGunner
Nov 23, 2007, 09:28 AM
So is every PSO weapon gonna have the excuse that it was found in the relics?

Morganna
Nov 23, 2007, 10:39 AM
Y'know...

If we are getting large throwbacks to PSO, to where it almost seems we're turning into PSO with PSU gameplay, we should complete the circle and encompass the Classic Series as well. It would make my life complete to have Alis and Nei in my party. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 23, 2007, 11:18 AM
Needs an algol stage...

Maybe an exact copy of the Noah dungeon from PS2. I mean it's not like the bosses don't already exist in a PSU fashion...

Nisshoku
Nov 23, 2007, 12:06 PM
Gib Sinow Beats.

Noblewine
Nov 23, 2007, 12:32 PM
Sweet a new event, hopefully I get home in time for it. *Crossing fingers*
I can get my revenge finally baw-ha-ha!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2007-11-23 09:33 ]</font>

Esufer
Nov 23, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-11-21 07:40, Kinako78 wrote:
Hmmm...where was she seen?

She's the unconcious FOnewearl on the floor at the end of the first Bernie mission.

EspioKaos
Nov 23, 2007, 04:30 PM
Ruins and caves confirmed! (http://www.4gamer.net/games/021/G002148/20071122056/) (Check the screens at the bottom of the page.)

Jaspaller
Nov 23, 2007, 04:33 PM
WHAT? RUINS!??!KJf;lkdsj;alkjsd;lkfasio;dkjbklaeslkj;fal ksjdklfj;lkajslkejflkajslkdjfklaj;skdj

Pardon me. Good news! Very good news!

Remedy
Nov 23, 2007, 04:37 PM
I see a Baranz...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*crawls in corner and sucks on thumb in the fetal position*

YUKI_N
Nov 23, 2007, 04:38 PM
Looks like they didn't remake any enemies besides boomas and grass assassins, too bad.

Maybe if we're lucky they'll do a dark falz reskin of falkis

Jaspaller
Nov 23, 2007, 04:41 PM
I hope so. Baranz doesn't even look like baranz any more. He looks like a green oversized grinna bete. We need some Delsabers and Chaos Bringers, the Carruigine isn't as awesome as the Chaos Bringer.

Deissa
Nov 23, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-11-23 13:41, Jaspaller wrote:
I hope so. Baranz doesn't even look like baranz any more. He looks like a green oversized grinna bete.

That would probably be because those are Bete Grudes you're seeing there.

EspioKaos
Nov 23, 2007, 05:00 PM
And I imagine Delsaber-esque things will be there. The latest mission released on the Japanese severs introduced a new SEED-Form called Delnadian, which looks an awful lot like our favorite long-jumping, feather-headed... thing. Wouldn't be surprised if some Orkdillans showed up, too. They're new enemies that look kind of like Delbiters.

Rainu
Nov 23, 2007, 05:03 PM
Well now, this is interesting information. Can't wait to get a spread needle....again.

LanVanDam13
Nov 26, 2007, 04:18 PM
so we get this event also or no im confused

pikachief
Nov 26, 2007, 04:27 PM
this event introduces mostof the PSO stuff. if we dont get this event there will be a LARGE chunk of missing content.

so yes we're getting it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EspioKaos
Dec 7, 2007, 09:38 AM
Maximum Attack G site (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/mag2007/) open!

Here's a brief synopsis of the event from the site.

* Scheduled to begin mid-December.
* It will introduce the PSO fields. Only forest, caves and mines are mentioned, but I imagine we'll see ruins, too.
* Certain lead PSO characters such as Ash, Rupika and Jean Carlo Montague will make appearances, and even join you in battle.
* The event missions will feature enemies with low HP, 250% EXP payout and a 250% increase to the chance of dropping a rare item.
* Earn points by killing enemies to go toward the total server-wide point tally which will uncover event prizes. 100,000,000 is the mentioned goal, but going by a picture on the site, it looks like it keeps going from there.
* Collect Weapons Badges to use as currency in a special trading mission where you can receive PSO weapons and other prizes such as SEGA merchandise.
* Even more special items will be given out to high-ranking individuals. (Just like how the Song for Death was awarded to Famitsu Cup players.)
* The first mission for this event will take place in a VR simulation of PSO's caves.

Ken_Silver
Dec 7, 2007, 09:47 AM
ah... the mines. I remember fighting Gananz to the end, head on, just to see how long I'd last. I'll be fun to go and fight them again. I just hope that the PSO levels stay open after the event. That way, there's no pressure to play them all at once.

Reipard
Dec 7, 2007, 09:48 AM
Very, very nice.

I'd imagine Sega is under some kind of pressure to keep the PSO areas around after their release in MAG because, you know, focal advertising point of AOI and all.

It would be nice if this came soon. Though the mention of Thanks Festa also makes me wonder where that went.

Kelvie
Dec 7, 2007, 09:50 AM
I am kinda disapointed of seeing Vandas in PSO fields. >_>

I was expecting Sega to mix some PSU's monsters with PSO's ones rather than having them all back, but I was still hoping until now. :
I suppose too that we won't get to fight Volt Op nor the dragon.

Don't get me wrong : I am really happy of what they are giving to us, but still, why do I always feel like everything in this game is only half-done ? >_>

Reipard
Dec 7, 2007, 09:58 AM
Well, the fields do have half of their music respectively. You might be on to something!
I'd look up replacing PSU's music, by the by, if you want the full theme for each stage playing in it. It was important enough to me to do that, anyway O_o.

amtalx
Dec 7, 2007, 10:01 AM
Sooooo I guess its official. PSU->PSO. To be honest, I'm not real thrilled about the "let's give them rarz for fighting easy enemies" thing. 1UP was fun...once. If the handout missions are going to become a trend, this is going to get pretty lame.

Kelvie
Dec 7, 2007, 10:02 AM
Isn't it (zomg no censor!) because PSO's field songs were different depending on the situation while PSU doesn't have this feature ?

Shiryuu
Dec 7, 2007, 11:08 AM
100mil will probably be too easy. They should've went for 1 billion points.

pikachief
Dec 7, 2007, 11:19 AM
i know im gonna be off the US servers for a while soon XD

im guessing this will be released either the 13th or the 20th.

either one i'll be on vacation for anyways ^.^

ryvius
Dec 7, 2007, 11:26 AM
so I'm not the only one who cringed at "low HP enemies"?

pikachief
Dec 7, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-12-07 08:26, ryvius wrote:

its to be able to get the points and prizes quicker >.>

Apone
Dec 7, 2007, 11:37 AM
Is this just an event or are they going to find a way to include the "VR simulator" into the story line? I hope these will become normal playable missions after the event is over.

pikachief
Dec 7, 2007, 11:38 AM
im pretty sure these missions are staying and that the event part of it (mission rewards and low HP and high exp) are gonna be taken out

amtalx
Dec 7, 2007, 11:46 AM

Nope. With our current attack power I can't imagine how quickly these pathetic peons will die. Half the NORMAL missions already feel like the EX missions from Famitsu/1UP.

Nisshoku
Dec 7, 2007, 11:59 AM
It might be just me, but seeing these screenshots of Max Attack G is definitely making me anticipate this over on our shores. Which makes me wonder... For 360 Users, do they get to play it before the PC/PS2 crowd over here in North america?

Kion
Dec 7, 2007, 12:17 PM
On 2007-11-21 11:16, Golto wrote:
We on NA/EU still have the 1 year festa so I doubt we'll get this event before EU pc/ps2 gets AOI.

Festa hasn't even been annouced for us and JP is already getting another event?

I guess we're still getting the 1-up rewards so hopefully we'll be seeing something soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-12-10 01:41 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
Dec 7, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-12-07 08:46, amtalx wrote:

Nope. With our current attack power I can't imagine how quickly these pathetic peons will die. Half the NORMAL missions already feel like the EX missions from Famitsu/1UP.

Lucky you guys. I wish I could have your power. At lv 58, I still get smacked around by stupid vaharas. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif *get's slapped by a vahara* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Reipard
Dec 7, 2007, 01:38 PM
Isn't it (zomg no censor!) because PSO's field songs were different depending on the situation while PSU doesn't have this feature ?

Yes and no. Yes because PSU doesn't have the feature wherein it would transition to the battle loop during a fight and no because they were too lazy to just piece the song together as a whole and have it play. It's far from impossible to have the full theme playing; just pick one transition and piece Part 1 with Part 2 at the appropriate points.

Sega just didn't want to. I don't like having just the battle loops play because Forest's is annoying and the calm portions were 90% of the appeal for me. But that is simply personal preference and why I did the replacement.

Golto
Dec 7, 2007, 01:46 PM
On 2007-12-07 09:17, Kion wrote:

On 2007-11-21 11:16, Golto wrote:

Festa hasn't even been annouced for us and JP is already getting another event? I wonder how mamy events are going to stack up until they actually do something for their US base.

I've just about given up on NA/EU getting the 1 year festa now. There's no reason to wait for EU AOI since its missions are v1. Lets hope they don't gyp us on this excellent event too.

RadiantLegend
Dec 7, 2007, 02:55 PM
This is nice and all but we "NEED" the Jigga. ;_; i want my kan Yu

edit: ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS x_x *dies*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragolismine on 2007-12-07 11:59 ]</font>

Neith
Dec 7, 2007, 03:18 PM
On 2007-12-07 11:55, Ragolismine wrote:

With how easy PSU is currently, here's hoping it resembles Endless Nightmare #4 in terms of enemy count. Though, with reduced HP on monsters, it doesn't sound like it. When full HP lv110 monsters are dropping in one combo from a fF, reduced HP mobs are gonna be a joke.

Esufer
Dec 7, 2007, 03:25 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/mag2007/about/image/ss_itemtrade_l.jpg
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/mag2007/about/image/ss_npc_l.jpg

Montague and Rupika have aged well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

chicken105
Dec 7, 2007, 03:51 PM
where's my guld & millia? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Blue-Hawk
Dec 7, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-12-07 12:51, chicken105 wrote:
where's my guld & millia? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Currently offline, from what I have read. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Me, I would love to see a reincarnation of the old Double Cannon. Or maybe my old favorite, the heart of Powmn.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 7, 2007, 05:12 PM
I want Sange & Yasha. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Or since I'm an Acrofighter, Sange OR Yasha by theirselves would be pretty awesome, as would an Orochi Agito for single sabers, and a Kamui would be awesome as a single dagger.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 7, 2007, 05:15 PM
The real Agito for my AT /ponders, my HUcast comes back from the dead?!

Mendou
Dec 7, 2007, 05:56 PM
Just the thought of the Spread Needle makes this former RAmarl player's mouth water...... Hopefully it'll be every bit as good as I remember it, so I can finally retire my Shigga Boma......

KyEmo
Dec 7, 2007, 05:57 PM
Is this another "Will NA/EU get it" things?

ShadowDragon28
Dec 7, 2007, 06:04 PM
I predict we will get the US version of Maximum Attack G in Feb. or March, but no later than April.

mariwan
Dec 7, 2007, 06:21 PM
Dang now i feel like coming back to PSU soon rather than play FFXI to finish the online story missions. >.<

RadiantLegend
Dec 7, 2007, 07:17 PM
On 2007-12-07 12:18, UrikoBB3 wrote:

With how easy PSU is currently, here's hoping it resembles Endless Nightmare #4 in terms of enemy count. Though, with reduced HP on monsters, it doesn't sound like it. When full HP lv110 monsters are dropping in one combo from a fF, reduced HP mobs are gonna be a joke.

All i want is the ruins' song and im good.

Kira_Yamato
Dec 7, 2007, 11:47 PM
On 2007-12-07 13:33, Blue-Hawk wrote:

Currently offline, from what I have read. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Me, I would love to see a reincarnation of the old Double Cannon. Or maybe my old favorite, the heart of Powmn.

From what I heard,Sega is going to make 90% of the Pso weapons back.Episode 4 include.Such as units like god/power,weapons like, Guld Milla,SJS etc.PSO is going to be reborn as it was before,what a good news. ^.^

Sexy_Raine
Dec 8, 2007, 12:57 AM
On 2007-12-07 07:01, amtalx wrote:
Sooooo I guess its official. PSU->PSO. To be honest, I'm not real thrilled about the "let's give them rarz for fighting easy enemies" thing. 1UP was fun...once. If the handout missions are going to become a trend, this is going to get pretty lame.

I agree, easy rares for everyone fails dearly. God I hope Sega keeps all of the 13*-15* super hard to get, and I hope these PSO event weapons only end up being cheap 10*'s.

Though, I kinda want the Guard Wave armor that has that neat ripple effect, if it does return.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-12-07 22:15 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 8, 2007, 01:03 AM
On 2007-12-07 21:57, Sexy_Raine wrote:

I agree, easy rares for everyone fails dearly. God I hope Sega keeps all of the 13*-15* super hard to get, and I hope these PSO event weapons only end up being cheap 10*'s.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-12-07 21:59 ]</font>

I'll only agree with this if getting "super hard to get" weapons doesn't involve having to be really lucky or having to catass your way to them.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 8, 2007, 01:06 AM
I just want the 4 legendary katanas [Sange, Yasha, Kamui, and Agito] for my Acrofighter and I'll be fine. SJS would be fine, but there's already a huge sword shaped like a katana, we need medium sized ones.

Zarode
Dec 8, 2007, 01:09 AM
On 2007-12-07 20:47, Kira_Yamato wrote:

On 2007-12-07 13:33, Blue-Hawk wrote:

From what I heard,Sega is going to make 90% of the Pso weapons back.Episode 4 include.Such as units like god/power,weapons like, Guld Milla,SJS etc.PSO is going to be reborn as it was before,what a good news. ^.^

Whoever told you that was a pretty bad liar. They aren't bringing a lot PSO weapons back. Mostly just 13* incarnations of popular weapons, like Spread Needle and such.

Oh and, here's a funny one you guys didn't notice.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1363/dualneiclawui6.jpg

Dual Nei's Claw. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarode on 2007-12-07 22:17 ]</font>

Kion
Dec 8, 2007, 02:04 AM
On 2007-12-07 10:46, Golto wrote:

I've just about given up on NA/EU getting the 1 year festa now. There's no reason to wait for EU AOI since its missions are v1. Lets hope they don't gyp us on this excellent event too.

Blast your beast sucked, but I'm wondering what even happened to the race appreciation days. No complaints if we never hear about those again, but it shows how much we're getting from GM's.

Zorafim
Dec 8, 2007, 02:24 AM
Though I'm not really excited about the clothing, PSO weapons and stages did have a certain flare that PSU hasn't been able to match yet. It should be fun going through these missions, though I hope they're not as short as the rest of PSU's missions are.

darkante
Dec 8, 2007, 03:03 AM
Weapons i like to get a hold on if they are gonna be released.

Classic weapons such as.

Demolition Comet, neato Double Saber.
Spread Needle, although hopefully not as broken shot weapon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Rappy Fan, coolest slicer ewa http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Soul Eater, awesome partisan sickle looking weapon.

NUG2000, badass grenade/rocket launcher weapon..now rocket weapon is something that would be awesome to use for a ForteGunner!
Maybe broken but who cares if you can use fps mode and shoot enemies with a rocket and watch them fly away after hit from the splash damage or shoot it against a boss such as a dragon or something that flies just to see it crasch if shoot at the weak point! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Lol, that would at least make it more fun to use a FG...:S

Anyway, thatīs what i want to drop. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pikachief
Dec 8, 2007, 04:17 AM
yea spread needle is gonna be released during teh event as a special weapon to win like the song for death on teh JP servers ^.^

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 8, 2007, 05:13 AM
FLaming Q-tips were the best lol

easy
Dec 8, 2007, 07:51 AM
is this out on xbox360

volfed
Dec 8, 2007, 08:33 AM
I just want my Fonewm's Elysion back. I miss the glowing rune sword... even if I did never physically attack with it or use it's special >_>

AnamanaAU
Dec 8, 2007, 09:40 AM
Honestly. I hope they don't add the katanas at all until another expansion. I don't want the katana weapon class to be a reskined saber.

DesertGunner
Dec 8, 2007, 10:27 AM
So is everyone going to get a Spread Needle when the event makes its way over here or are we gonna have to make a top score to get it? If the latter is the case, everyone who doesn't use the machinegun glitch is screwed.

ZeroVer01
Dec 8, 2007, 10:37 AM
Most likely they aren't going to make it a competition on the US/EU servers. They didn't with 1up at least.

On another note, the event looks really cool, I can't wait to get this sometime late next year, lol.

On a side note, I am still waiting for thanks festa, I am looking forward to easier Kan Yu hunting.

pikachief
Dec 8, 2007, 01:07 PM
On 2007-12-08 07:27, DesertGunner wrote:
So is everyone going to get a Spread Needle when the event makes its way over here or are we gonna have to make a top score to get it? If the latter is the case, everyone who doesn't use the machinegun glitch is screwed.

if they make it a competition here i will make it to the top 50 without a mechgun!!!

I WILL PREVAIL! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 8, 2007, 01:12 PM
On 2007-12-08 06:40, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Honestly. I hope they don't add the katanas at all until another expansion. I don't want the katana weapon class to be a reskined saber.

Well, Kamui at least would be a good reskin of a dagger.

Kishin
Dec 8, 2007, 02:51 PM
I'm disappointed by the stage PSO, with PSU mobs? Dont make me laught.
But I knew this would be happen. I hope they dont reskin too much PSO-Weapons...
I really want back my Lavis Cannon, Soul Banish and Orotiagito.
Yes, I hope too, they dont have remake the PSO-stage maps...
Or the feeling to be back in PSO will vanish, at least for me.

Zorafim
Dec 8, 2007, 03:03 PM
On 2007-12-08 10:12, Shiroryuu wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-TWO_KAMUI-ACTION-1.jpg

This is what I've wanted from my daggers since I got the game. If we get this, I want it.

Alia
Dec 8, 2007, 04:49 PM
do we get to keep the PSO missions once this event is over?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alia on 2007-12-08 13:50 ]</font>

Alamar
Dec 8, 2007, 05:27 PM
um I believe a demolition comet was a launcher NOT a double saber. some double sabers were Stag cutlery,Twin brand. I am 99% sure demo comet was a launcher. Spread needle looked like a rifle/crossbow.

Retehi
Dec 8, 2007, 05:32 PM
On 2007-12-08 14:27, Alamar wrote:
um I believe a demolition comet was a launcher NOT a double saber. some double sabers were Stag cutlery,Twin brand. I am 99% sure demo comet was a launcher. Spread needle looked like a rifle/crossbow.

Well, you're 99% wrong.

SnowfoxZero
Dec 8, 2007, 05:32 PM
I REALLY hope they bring back Lavis Cannon, thatd make my day.

darkante
Dec 8, 2007, 05:39 PM
On 2007-12-08 14:27, Alamar wrote:

http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=277

100 % fail in your case!
Look up the godamn info before you guess and try to make me look like an ass, lol! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2007-12-08 14:40 ]</font>

Alamar
Dec 8, 2007, 05:40 PM
hmm guess I was thinking of another PSO launcher. I admit I'm wrong

Alamar
Dec 8, 2007, 05:43 PM
100 % fail in your case!
Look up the godamn info before you guess and try to make me look like an ass, lol!

My Intention was not to make anyone look like an ASS as you put it. My memory of the name I thought it was a launcher. There is NO need to be an ASS yourself. I was wrong about the weapon CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zorafim
Dec 8, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-12-08 14:39, darkante wrote:

100 % fail in your case!
Look up the godamn info before you guess and try to make me look like an ass, lol! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A fairly ironic statement.

darkante
Dec 8, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-12-08 14:43, Alamar wrote:
100 % fail in your case!
Look up the godamn info before you guess and try to make me look like an ass, lol!

My Intention was not to make anyone look like an ASS as you put it. My memory of the name I thought it was a launcher. There is NO need to be an ASS yourself. I was wrong about the weapon CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry mate, didnīt mean to much of it. :S
Íīm just tired of people trying to correct me when i know im right. :S
I try to cool myself down.

darkante
Dec 8, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-12-08 14:45, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-12-08 14:39, darkante wrote:

100 % fail in your case!

A fairly ironic statement.

How so?
Is it just because itīs listed as a twin saber?

Alamar
Dec 8, 2007, 05:53 PM
Its all good. I don't have a problem admitting I'm wrong when I'm wrong. Only thing I ask is not be rude about it. Tell me I am wrong and lets move on. ok lets move on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryoki
Dec 8, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-12-07 21:57, Sexy_Raine wrote:

Though, I kinda want the Guard Wave armor that has that neat ripple effect, if it does return.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-12-07 22:15 ]</font>

Me too. I had that armor in PSO, loved it so much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Egg99
Dec 8, 2007, 06:46 PM
NEEDS MOAR SCREENSHOTZ.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 8, 2007, 06:53 PM
On 2007-12-08 12:03, Zorafim wrote:

This is what I've wanted from my daggers since I got the game. If we get this, I want it.

Yeah, I would love to use Hikai Shuha-zan or Buten Shuren-zan with that thing.

blkbeast
Dec 8, 2007, 07:53 PM
soooo is dis for 360? or juz pc/ps2

Dein
Dec 8, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-12-08 16:53, blkbeast wrote:
soooo is dis for 360? or juz pc/ps2

No and yes, in a way. It's only for the Japanese servers on the pc/ps2 right now but the 360/English Pc/PS2 servers will probably see a similar event sometime in the future.

pikachief
Dec 8, 2007, 08:12 PM
On 2007-12-08 11:51, Kishin wrote:
I'm disappointed by the stage PSO, with PSU mobs? Dont make me laught.
But I knew this would be happen. I hope they dont reskin too much PSO-Weapons...
I really want back my Lavis Cannon, Soul Banish and Orotiagito.
Yes, I hope too, they dont have remake the PSO-stage maps...
Or the feeling to be back in PSO will vanish, at least for me.

if it makes u feel any better the missions feel like re-skinned PSU maps XD

lol no PSO feel to any of these levels http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

superdood22
Dec 8, 2007, 08:22 PM
Lol ill pass. It definitely wont be the same, this "substitute" wont be of any PSO status. Eh, too bad. :/

Gryffin
Dec 8, 2007, 08:26 PM
On 2007-12-08 15:53, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2007-12-08 12:03, Zorafim wrote:

Yeah, I would love to use Hikai Shuha-zan or Buten Shuren-zan with that thing.

First things first, I'm PRAYING we get it, and PRAYING it's like 9*, so I can use it as AT... And I'm also realllllly hoping for a single version, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 8, 2007, 09:15 PM
Actually, I'm praying that it'll be a single hand so that even if its an S rank, AF and AT can use it.

painXxX
Dec 8, 2007, 10:02 PM
-sigh- i dont think psu will be able to make pso perect back. i wish they could bring back black king bar. those mech gun glitchers should get banned becuase i hate the hell out of that stupid glitch i try while some guy beside me is killing everything with that stupid glitch and finally i have to kick him. the spread needles going to be like this "spread needle 1 mil" then a week later "spread needle 100k" just like the song for death. they should bring pso weapons back they were alot better but just my oppinion

Zorafim
Dec 8, 2007, 10:12 PM
We still have to wait a while before saying that they were better. Some of the PSU rares are almost as neat as the PSO ones. For instance, the De Ragon Slayer is my favorite oversized sword design from either game. I will say that most of the PSO weapons I've seen in PSU look really nice, though.

Kishin
Dec 8, 2007, 11:04 PM
Ahaha the funny thing, I never knew about this glitch, I mean, machine gun glitch and laser cannon, I never cared, I know someone using it, but never ask how it works.
I have play pso since pso Dreamcast release, I dont pretend pso will be back in psu,
but you know, you cant create a game, and tell people, pso stuff and stage and bla bla bla are back, when only the 30% is back. Of course, I knew PSU is still PSU and not PSO, I know the real PSO will not be back too. Im happy to play again in that stages, brings my memories of friends meet in that game, for me PSO was a part of life, seem strange I know, but, I knew many friends and meet some of them too (in real life, and was fun).
The problem is, if maps are different from the old PSO (and Im sure at 90% they are)
they lose that feeling. But still, I thank SEGA for bring back some memories.
I bet everybody who have play pso like me for many years, will remember the moments spent in that game. Im just disappointed (sorry for my english, Im italian) to see psu mobs in the PSO stage, thats all. Well... I just hope, that pso weapon are for all (like the song for death) I dont care if a 34673473758 people have spread needle or boquet or whatever, everybody who like this game and play this game deserve to have them I think. We must not forget, people have a LIFE, many of you guys work or study, so many dont get much time for play, of course, Im not talking about me. Anyway, sadly, we must put in your heart pso, but the realty is psu now. Unless we can still play in PSO BB, we cant go back.
I cant wait this event tho, but I hope, EU, JP and USA can play it at the same time like 1UP.

Sorry for the confusion I made in this reply thread but, I dont know much english. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kishin on 2007-12-08 20:08 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Dec 8, 2007, 11:18 PM
On 2007-12-07 12:18, UrikoBB3 wrote:

I was disappointed in the 1 up Neudaiz mission because they described it like endless nightmare... That mission was SO FUN (until everyone in your party was wiped out but one and the last dude took all your weapons and left... that wasn't great).

KyEmo
Dec 8, 2007, 11:21 PM
I wish that still happened...

Zorak000
Dec 8, 2007, 11:36 PM
>.>
<.<
lol gib samba marracas! (long story http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Raine_Loire
Dec 8, 2007, 11:38 PM
Ha ha can you picture that?

Guy: Oh man, I finally got the materials for (insert uber rare s rank here) and synthed it, and it turned out 50%!!!!
Guy's friend: Oh, cool, lets try it out
Guy: isn't this mission a little hard for just us?
Friend: no, it's cool, I'll keep you alive!
A minute full of carnage ensues
guy: OH MAN! I'm dead! Moon me!
Friend: I'm out- go to the lobby, I'll watch your stuff!

a few minutes later, we're all reading a new thread whining about someone stealing their stuff!

KyEmo
Dec 8, 2007, 11:40 PM
Heheheh...

RemiusTA
Dec 8, 2007, 11:41 PM
They said Reduced HP, but they never said same or reduced attack.

I personally hope they just send retarded # waves at us with monsters at half HP but retardedly powerful and unfair attack strength.

And PSU weapons > most PSO weapons already. Twin Headed Ragnus is effing awesome. Basically everything from PSO that i miss is made better on PSU, save for the Lavis Cannon.

Most of those "popular" PSO weapons were broken anyway.

Raine_Loire
Dec 8, 2007, 11:45 PM
I miss pso weapons for the looks factor. There were much cooler designs. I don't remember any of the stats, but they sure did look cool ^_^

RemiusTA
Dec 9, 2007, 12:13 AM
On 2007-12-07 10:38, Reipard wrote:

Yes and no. Yes because PSU doesn't have the feature wherein it would transition to the battle loop during a fight and no because they were too lazy to just piece the song together as a whole and have it play. It's far from impossible to have the full theme playing; just pick one transition and piece Part 1 with Part 2 at the appropriate points.

Sega just didn't want to. I don't like having just the battle loops play because Forest's is annoying and the calm portions were 90% of the appeal for me. But that is simply personal preference and why I did the replacement.

I wish everyone would stop pulling the "Lazy" card for things like this.

being "LAZY" has nothing to do with them not implementing the full Song. Its obviously for size purposes, seeing how although it may suck, PSU has nearly twice the library of music and sound effects compared to PSO. If this game were PC/360 Exclusive, im sure we would get the full tracks, but seeing how the PS2 falls into the mix im sure they didn't want them to feel completely Nerfed. That, and this game is already running like 9 Gigs strong. Im pretty sure the PS2 will get booted during the next expansion.

I miss the transitions as well, but im guessing they really arent needed. PSU moves at a much faster pace.

That, and PSO had a much better music director than PSU does currently. PSO had Orchestrated music, so im sure the quality and focus on the music was much higher.

For some reason they decided to kick music quality to the side on this game. Most tracks suck and overuse the same instrument sounds, and for SOME reason the Ending theme for this game has a singer on par with the PSO vocalist, but they decided to hire a fucking retard to write the lyrics for the main theme AND change the vocalist for it.

PSO weapons were cool, but PSU weapons just look cooler to me. The models are WAY more detailed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-12-08 21:14 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Dec 9, 2007, 12:20 AM
Of course they are more detailed- look at the graphics as a whole. But seriously now... Show me a cane with a Bil De Vear's head on it, and I'll say they're getting closer. I much prefered the individuality of each PSO weapon. The rares truly looked rare. If they could bring some of that to PSU, it would be awesome.

Reipard
Dec 9, 2007, 01:05 AM
I wish everyone would stop pulling the "Lazy" card for things like this.

Except it is laziness; this didn't even take me an hour to do. I had the music files from Blue Burst, I perform a quick splice and convert it to ADX. Woo O_o.

Being "LAZY" has nothing to do with them not implementing the full Song. Its obviously for size purposes, seeing how although it may suck, PSU has nearly twice the library of music and sound effects compared to PSO. If this game were PC/360 Exclusive, im sure we would get the full tracks, but seeing how the PS2 falls into the mix im sure they didn't want them to feel completely Nerfed. That, and this game is already running like 9 Gigs strong. Im pretty sure the PS2 will get booted during the next expansion.

I'm sure if size were that big of an issue they wouldn't have included voice acting in AOI offline to begin with instead of just leaving it out of the US release.

The difference between having the full song and having half of the song is a few MB.. In Ruins' case, it's 7. In the others, it's anywhere from 3-4. Do you really think the game was so packed to the brim that devoting an extra 13 MB to some songs could not be done?

I miss the transitions as well, but im guessing they really arent needed. PSU moves at a much faster pace.

Nobody needs them; I just don't want the battle loop playing endlessly in my ear.

Blueblur
Dec 9, 2007, 01:15 AM
I miss then transitions... I always lower the volume to avoid any PSU music and listen to music or podcasts instead.

Hokokaru
Dec 9, 2007, 02:17 AM
O.o Spread Needle? thats the shotgun right? In that case do want!

RuinedReBirth
Dec 9, 2007, 03:33 AM
Meh, I don't care what anyone says. I miss PSO period. (Sad that BB is going...that means the only thing around is PSU. PFFT!) I miss the old days all too well, those mechguns. Not those stupid machine guns in PSU, MECHGUNS from PSO. They will never be able to replace the Jungle level for me. Funnest level ever, ever.

regardless, if they would bring back the Demolition Comet...I'd grind til I have it. I remember using DEMO COMET all the way through PSO. Loved that double saber haha =D

Wonder if that means we are getting PSO costumes as well?

Kishin
Dec 9, 2007, 06:42 AM
Seem PSO costumes are one of the prize we get trading certain items (dont remember name, but look the first page here)

EspioKaos
Dec 9, 2007, 09:35 AM
On 2007-12-08 21:13, RemiusTA wrote:
That, and PSO had a much better music director than PSU does currently. PSO had Orchestrated music, so im sure the quality and focus on the music was much higher.

For some reason they decided to kick music quality to the side on this game. Most tracks suck and overuse the same instrument sounds, and for SOME reason the Ending theme for this game has a singer on par with the PSO vocalist, but they decided to hire a fucking retard to write the lyrics for the main theme AND change the vocalist for it.

Wow. Just fucking wow. You do know, of course, that the music director of PSO is the same as PSU, right? And that "fucking retard" they hired to write the lyrics for "Save This World" is the same guy who wrote one of the songs you apparently hold so dear, "The whole new world," and translated Fumie Kumatani's (the second-in-charge musician of the team since PSO) lyrics from Japanese to English for "Can still see the light" and "World with me."

Research before you start spouting off shit you don't know.

DavidNel
Dec 9, 2007, 09:36 AM
I really hope they release the BKB for PSU. If they do, I will personally wash every toliet in the Sega HQ. I say this because no one is ever there.... Why else do you think it takes them so long to reply to e-mails?

Soukosa
Dec 9, 2007, 08:06 PM
On 2007-12-08 22:05, Reipard wrote:
Except it is laziness; this didn't even take me an hour to do. I had the music files from Blue Burst, I perform a quick splice and convert it to ADX. Woo O_o.

Except the game doesn't use the two track system anymore. Sure you can get the "complete" version of the song from BB but they'd have to program it to handle playing just part of it and changing it from normal and battle. I think people just need to accept that they threw this stuff in here for some nogstalgia and aren't gonna put forth a crap load of effort into rebuilding an old game into PSU. Personally I'm rather glad they're doing that. If I want to see PSO stuff, I'll go play PSO (there's always private servers for the console ones too).

On 2007-12-08 23:17, Hokokaru wrote:
O.o Spread Needle? thats the shotgun right? In that case do want!

Offline it's a 13* shotgun. No guarentee it'll be that high of rarity, have any decent amount of power, and most definately will just fire at the rate of a shotgun.

Zorafim
Dec 9, 2007, 08:10 PM
I'm sure it wouldn't of been too difficult for them to have the first loop be the non-battle part, and the second loop be the battle part, and go back to the first. I'm sure a fan could do that with an audio player quite easily.

Raine_Loire
Dec 9, 2007, 08:19 PM
On 2007-12-09 06:35, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2007-12-08 21:13, RemiusTA wrote:

Wow. Just fucking wow. You do know, of course, that the music director of PSO is the same as PSU, right? And that "fucking retard" they hired to write the lyrics for "Save This World" is the same guy who wrote one of the songs you apparently hold so dear, "The whole new world," and translated Fumie Kumatani's (the second-in-charge musician of the team since PSO) lyrics from Japanese to English for "Can still see the light" and "World with me."

The winner of this thread, ladies and gentlemen!!!

On 2007-12-09 00:33, RuinedReBirth wrote:
Meh, I don't care what anyone says. I miss PSO period.

Yeah I miss it too, I was thinking about buying a dreamcast and V 2.

For the record, I don't actually expect them to turn PSU into PSO though, I'd be disappointed if they did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2007-12-09 17:22 ]</font>

Reipard
Dec 9, 2007, 11:45 PM
Except the game doesn't use the two track system anymore. Sure you can get the "complete" version of the song from BB but they'd have to program it to handle playing just part of it and changing it from normal and battle. I think people just need to accept that they threw this stuff in here for some nogstalgia and aren't gonna put forth a crap load of effort into rebuilding an old game into PSU. Personally I'm rather glad they're doing that. If I want to see PSO stuff, I'll go play PSO (there's always private servers for the console ones too).

What? Did you actually read what I said to begin with?

I'm just talking about having the full song. As in a medley of Part 1 and Part 2 together instead of just looping Part 2 over and over. It doesn't need to transition dynamically at any time.

Para
Dec 10, 2007, 12:33 AM
I don't think a medley of PART 1 and PART 2 together would work out right. PART1 music is usually atmospheric, laid back and slow while PART 2 music would be fast and have an emphasis on the melody.

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2007, 01:42 AM
Truthfully, I never noticed part 1 and 2 were different songs. I always thought the music just fluctuated at will. Musically speaking, there shouldn't be any trouble building a crescendo from the soft part, then decrescendo back into it at the end considering what they already have.

Actually, going from, as you put it, "Atmospheric" to "In your face" is a commonly used musical strategy. It catches the listener off guard, and quickly stirs up emotion. Staying soft for too long can get the listener bored, while staying loud for too long can get annoying, so shifting from one to the other is rather commonly done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-12-09 22:47 ]</font>

I-am-Evan
Dec 10, 2007, 03:24 AM
This is gunna be sweet.... i can't wait til i look like my old RAmarl again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sazan
Dec 10, 2007, 05:32 AM

If there are Lv.150 enemies it should be OK.

Angelo
Dec 10, 2007, 07:17 AM
If we ever get Zanba in this game I'm playing this forever.

Or atleast until the servers go down...

Reipard
Dec 10, 2007, 08:33 AM
EDIT: Actually, I don't think it's worth arguing any further. I'm dropping it here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-12-10 06:39 ]</font>

Zorak000
Dec 10, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-12-10 02:32, Sazan wrote:

If there are Lv.150 enemies it should be OK.

If that's the case, then cringe at the 250% Exp

Reipard
Dec 10, 2007, 01:25 PM
I have a few alts I want to level up quickly, so the 250% Exp appeals to me.

Wash
Dec 10, 2007, 09:09 PM
The 100,000,000 point prize looks like it could be fairly decent...

(Its box to show the prize is twice as long as the other ones)

bp_shoruko
Dec 14, 2007, 01:46 AM
hm, rupika...and all this time I only know her as that unconscious fonewearl...lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bp_shoruko on 2007-12-13 22:47 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Dec 14, 2007, 08:24 AM
On 2007-12-08 22:05, Reipard wrote:
[quote]
I'm sure if size were that big of an issue they wouldn't have included voice acting in AOI offline to begin with instead of just leaving it out of the US release.

That...makes no sense.

The difference between having the full song and having half of the song is a few MB.. In Ruins' case, it's 7. In the others, it's anywhere from 3-4. Do you really think the game was so packed to the brim that devoting an extra 13 MB to some songs could not be done?

...Yes?

Nobody needs them; I just don't want the battle loop playing endlessly in my ear.

Then you just cant be pleased. Turn the music off then. -_-

EDIT:

Wait, what?

Wow. Just fucking wow. You do know, of course, that the music director of PSO is the same as PSU, right?

I never said it wasn't, smart ass. I said the cost and quality focus of the music was lower. Do you hear any orchastrated music on PSU?

And that "fucking retard" they hired to write the lyrics for "Save This World" is the same guy who wrote one of the songs you apparently hold so dear, "The whole new world,"

...I hated that song. Who the fuck said i liked that song?

and translated Fumie Kumatani's (the second-in-charge musician of the team since PSO) lyrics from Japanese to English for "Can still see the light" and "World with me."

Translated. WOW. DAMN hes cool.

Like i said, they appointed a fucking retard to do the song lyrics. Just because someone can translate does NOT mean they are fit to write songs.

"The Whole New World" fucking sucked. It was just as corney as "Save this world", just with better background music.

Read what i fucking said before you start spouting off shit you think sounds cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-12-14 05:41 ]</font>

GoldRidley
Dec 14, 2007, 08:57 AM
Remius, please stop. Your forum retard rage is blinding you from noticing you are pissing all over an extremely informative thread with absolute nonsense.

No orchestral tracks in PSU?
What?

P.S. - I registered just to tell you to shut up.

RemiusTA
Dec 14, 2007, 09:01 AM
Thats a great way to spend your time

People should refrain from getting so mad at sheer statements. I never flat out attacked anyone in this topic like that guy did.

And also like that guy, i really hope you read the rest of the topic/arguement before "just now" registering to post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-12-14 06:06 ]</font>

Spellbinder
Dec 14, 2007, 09:12 AM
On 2007-12-14 05:24, RemiusTA wrote:

Wow. Just fucking wow. You do know, of course, that the music director of PSO is the same as PSU, right?

I never said it wasn't, smart ass. I said the cost and quality focus of the music was lower. Do you hear any orchastrated music on PSU?

That, and PSO had a much better music director than PSU does currently.

Call me crazy, but saying PSO had a better music director would imply PSU has a different director. Unless of course, the director somehow cloned himself so that he can become superior to himself.

RemiusTA
Dec 14, 2007, 09:17 AM
Oops.

Well, even if he is the same guy, it still doesnt change the fact that his quality of work on this game is of far lower grade than in PSO.

That was the point anyway. Who it is doesn't matter.

Reipard
Dec 14, 2007, 09:55 AM
Then you just cant be pleased. Turn the music off then. -_-

Is that all you have to say? You know absolutely nothing about me and what pleases me.

bp_shoruko
Dec 14, 2007, 09:11 PM
while I'm here...did ep.4 ever explain exactly what that chip in rupika was for? I know it was for some sort of data collection, I just don't know to what extent.Never actually got to play BB, so I'm lost as to how the end of the pso story went.
Sorry if this seems like the wrong forum to ask this question.

Ryna
Dec 14, 2007, 09:37 PM
I'm locking this thread at the OP's request.