PDA

View Full Version : majan's unofficial Har/Quick cup

majan
Nov 21, 2007, 05:55 PM
so,call me a maniac,but I wanted to see once and for all what the acrotecher speed boost was all about.

so I threw lister up to the 5th floor switched his class and came back down to linear line C where we'll run a little test.by eye,there is a very minimal but kinda noticeable difference when both are using a har/quick.

using a majimra grinded twice with 841 pp-it only lasted so many casts,so I had to clip the duration of the test at 30 seconds.

I'm using gidiga(level 30),because gi- attacks are generally the longest cast time techs and probably will fare the best for our comparison.Im basing it on this because this is where the time difference will be most noticeable.

acrotecher got 20 casts of gidiga in 30 seconds.
::applause::

fortetecher got 18 casts of gidiga in 30 seconds.
::applause::

okay so this obvoiusly adds up over time,so ATs will be casting 40 gidigas in a minute and FTs will be casting 36.4 more casts a minute = 4x however much damage more.

if the damage was equal,ft gets outdps'd by a bit.but....of course,a much bigger TP stat and highger level techs means higher multipliers of said stat...FT wins the Har/Quick cup.(in terms of tech damage)

in terms of everything else though,acrotecher shits all over fortetecher.it has versatility and better stats in HP and ATP that FTs would piss on the lawns of the white house for.but,you can't win it all.thankfully,versatility in this game always comes in exchange for a little raw power.

so FT enthusiasts,sleep comfortably.our tech dps remains king of the crop.this was not meant to start any type of class war because in case oyu didnt notice I pointed out weaknesses and strengths of both classes.this was to draw a comparison once and for all to see just how giddy we all should get over the fast cast deal.educational purposes only.

so the bottom line remains:tech enthusiasts,stick fortetecher if thats all you like to use.people who want to tech a lot and do a little of everything else,flip it over to the acro world.you will be much happier with the trade of tech power for a whole lot of everything else in the game.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 21, 2007, 05:57 PM
ok.

Hokokaru
Nov 21, 2007, 06:03 PM
yes