PDA

View Full Version : Cannot break a bad habit I guess...

Bitey
Nov 21, 2007, 07:31 PM
After about 4 hours of running scarred Planet S, I am not too surprised to still see several Fortegunners running around with Rifles spamming the earth bullet...

Will it ever catch on that rifles are now outclassed in every aspect of the game now except for range and SE level (and do those two things really matter)? The only worth while reason to even bother carrying one now is Killer shot...

Now I know that some people do not care about DPS and such, but I seriously do not even understand what is so "fun" or "griping" about the Rifle that such a large player base ignores the better guns and continues to gimp themselves.

One of the Fortegunners on my team was lvl 101/11 with a lvl 21+ Earth bullet and he was only hitting for 600 something each bullet while I, a lvl 87/10 Guntecher, was hitting for 350-ish a bullet with a lvl 30 Yak Banga. He was hitting for merely 1000 DPS while I was hitting for 1400 DPS and I did not even have an elemental advantage...

Myumi
Nov 21, 2007, 07:34 PM
Peco - http://rockn-rose-peco.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/ ? The only Peco I know of...

Hokokaru
Nov 21, 2007, 07:34 PM
ummm because rifles have SE and theyre are a gunners primary weapon =/

Carlo210
Nov 21, 2007, 07:35 PM
Rifles shtank.

Sharkyland
Nov 21, 2007, 07:38 PM
Everyone has their own preferences... I'm not an xbow fan. Using rifles and using hidey holes and shooting from afar is nice sometimes.

Peco? I only know Phantasy Star Episode III (Arkz Male Newman) and Breath of Fire III (that plant guy).

Bitey
Nov 21, 2007, 07:47 PM
Using rifles and using hidey holes and shooting from afar is nice sometimes.

Which is easily accomplished with Twin Handguns or Lasers...

Breath of Fire III (that plant guy).

You are the winner ^.^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bitey on 2007-11-21 16:48 ]</font>

foamcup
Nov 21, 2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah, try nailing a Jarba with virus or burn with twin handgun or laser. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif Personally, I use a bow.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 21, 2007, 08:05 PM
I'll just nail a jarba with a trap, which has to be detonated pretty close...especially if I'm trying to hit two or three of them and they're not very close together! Take that, pansy rifles!

YUKI_N
Nov 21, 2007, 08:07 PM
On 2007-11-21 16:54, foamcup wrote:
Yeah, try nailing a Jarba with virus or burn with twin handgun or laser. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I've frozen them with twin handgun, does that count?

Anyways I agree with the OP, there is literally no point to having earth on a rifle, silence is a useless SE, confusion does the same thing but better

Hokokaru
Nov 21, 2007, 08:08 PM
If they are there then you might get hit by a jarba deathball or a jarba iceblast

Hokokaru
Nov 21, 2007, 08:11 PM
Anyways I agree with the OP, there is literally no point to having earth on a rifle, silence is a useless SE, confusion does the same thing but better
------
yeah good point, but rifles are still useful with other bullets

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 21, 2007, 08:12 PM
On 2007-11-21 16:31, Bitey wrote:
I seriously do not even understand what is so "fun" or "gripping" about the Rifle.

barnacleez
Nov 21, 2007, 08:25 PM
There's only one thing I ever use Grav Shot on: Magas Maggahna. Same deal w/ Plasma Shot (Dimmagolus) and Frozen Shot (Onmagoug) in the case that I'll use them on bosses until grenades or spears are called for during battle.

That's my 2 cents in the matter, anyways.