PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Story mode lack of voices?

watashiwa
Nov 21, 2007, 08:36 PM
Didn't the Japanese version of AOTI have a lot more voice work offline?

I thought there were voices during most of the offline portion and not just the CGI rendered cutscenes...

I just finished the first half of the first chapter of Episode 2 and only heard the new vocal work during Laia's opening cutscene and the little dialog exchange with Rutsu and the Maiden.

I thought there was some vocal work in the Japanese version during the "Beast women are the best" part and so on.

.. or am I mistaken? (I thought I had seen videos or a trailer with the vocal work during that point but was disappointed at all the text only stuff I'm experiencing so far...)

Zael
Nov 21, 2007, 08:44 PM
I beleive only the PS2 version has the voices. ST messed up here.

watashiwa
Nov 21, 2007, 08:47 PM
On 2007-11-21 17:44, Zael wrote:

Really? I'm using PC, obviously, but I wish a PS2 user could confirm that.

Pengfishh
Nov 21, 2007, 09:19 PM
Sure wish I could, but still can't find the lousy game :c :c :C

Randomness
Nov 21, 2007, 09:25 PM
On 2007-11-21 17:47, watashiwa wrote:

On 2007-11-21 17:44, Zael wrote:

Really? I'm using PC, obviously, but I wish a PS2 user could confirm that.

Same... if PC got less voice...

That would just be retarded.

waluigi1
Nov 21, 2007, 09:29 PM
I just bought it on PS2 tonight but no PS2 right now cause I let a friend borrow it lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: waluigi1 on 2007-11-21 18:50 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Nov 21, 2007, 09:30 PM
Nah. PS2 doesn't have the voices either. But i did find something cool. YOUR character has a voice now. In offline mode, my female beast used a nanoblast, and she said "Feel my wrath!" It was awesome!

foamcup
Nov 21, 2007, 09:32 PM
On 2007-11-21 18:29, waluigi1 wrote:
I just bought it on PS2 tonight but no PS2 right now cause I let a friend burrow it lol.

He burrowed it? Gonna zerg rush with it later? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Nyreal
Nov 21, 2007, 09:32 PM
The PC didn't get voices?

Got, ST just keeps on sucking. They really don't deserve my ten dollars a month.

Sadly, I have an addictive personality. So it doesn't really matter.

waluigi1
Nov 21, 2007, 09:33 PM
On 2007-11-21 18:32, foamcup wrote:

On 2007-11-21 18:29, waluigi1 wrote:
I just bought it on PS2 tonight but no PS2 right now cause I let a friend burrow it lol.

He burrowed it? Gonna zerg rush with it later? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Oops lol...

-Tidus_415-
Nov 21, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-11-21 18:30, chuck_norris wrote:
Nah. PS2 doesn't have the voices either. But i did find something cool. YOUR character has a voice now. In offline mode, my female beast used a nanoblast, and she said "Feel my wrath!" It was awesome!

!

What voice # did you use?

Chuck_Norris
Nov 21, 2007, 09:42 PM
Hmm....not sure lol. But i don't see why it wouldn't work with all voices. I'll check in a minute.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 21, 2007, 09:44 PM

Nah, I think it's PS2... I have a friend on PS2 who heard himself say "I didn't wanna have to do this!" when he Nano'd, and when I SUV'd I said "Battle systems engaging!", but on my computer we both just roared.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 21, 2007, 09:45 PM
On 2007-11-21 18:44, beatrixkiddo wrote:

Nah, I think it's PS2... I have a friend on PS2 who heard himself say "I didn't wanna have to do this!" when he Nano'd, and when I SUV'd I said "Battle systems engaging!", but on my computer we both just roared.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif PS2 POWA!!

EDIT: My beast had voice number 1.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-11-21 18:46 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 21, 2007, 09:47 PM
PS2 got something right for once? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pentence
Nov 21, 2007, 09:50 PM
Ok peoples just went through and tested voices.Heres the deal,in your room we know #12-26 work well a few of those now have phrases much akin to the japanese voices.Next battle voices same goes for this one #1-11 the last half or so have some phrases.Your nano blast is #8 and i belive #9 is your suv phrase.

What you say depends on which voice ya chose and the pitch i dont know yet if it is actualy affected.i asume it could be easily with a synthisizer.So there ya have it we now finaly have actual phrases.

ryvius
Nov 21, 2007, 09:55 PM
Revenge for no rabol rappy effect? >_>

Nano-bot
Nov 21, 2007, 09:56 PM
so why the heck are voices not there... utter rubbish if thats the case. were paying more money for what?

watashiwa
Nov 21, 2007, 10:07 PM
I'm not talking about the battle nano or SUV voices, you guys... but if those are missing that'd suck too.

I heard Laia do her speech when she did her Nanoblast on the PC, I'll have to test it with my beast (if I'm supposed to have a voice)

I'm talking about voices doing story sequences only. (The non-CGI ones)

Nai_Calus
Nov 21, 2007, 10:07 PM
That's so fucking sad it's not even funny. I mean, I want to LOL, but it's so pathetic all I can do is just shake my head.

Just... Wow. Total lamesauce, rofl.

The lack of advertising/release of the game, combined with a fuck-up like that has pretty much cemented that I will not be bothering to buy US AoI. I wasn't planning on it anyway, but it's gone from 'eh, maybe someday' to 'lol yeah I want to play that blighted fuck-up version why?'

Really, really sad.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 21, 2007, 10:10 PM
Quit whining. It doesn't even do anything. And you guys got your armor effects which do nothing as well.

And we STILL have our PS2 lag. Just be happy with what you got.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-11-21 19:11 ]</font>

Guildenstern
Nov 21, 2007, 10:18 PM
Oh god...why did they have to destroy my characters' voice by making her every so often when I'm casting spells grit out 'Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrready!' like post-op sex change Tony the Tiger?

I -wish- I had PC right now. The horror. >__<;;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guildenstern on 2007-11-21 19:19 ]</font>

Soukosa
Nov 21, 2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah, all of the normal cut scenes on the JP version have voice acting for what they say. Honestly, why does it matter? Do you really want to hear the bad voice acting that dubs tend to have? Not to mention that it does get old after awhile. You also have to put up with it online, not just offline. Can't say I'm surprised either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Chaosgyro
Nov 21, 2007, 10:38 PM
All in all I don't mind if the PC didn't get the full cutscene voices. I read the bubbles once and I can do it again. However, I spend MUCH MUCH more time fighting/casting/SUVing/blasting with my characters and would hate that the PS2 got that exclusively. That would reek of stupidity.

watashiwa
Nov 21, 2007, 10:53 PM
On 2007-11-21 19:26, Soukosa wrote:
Do you really want to hear the bad voice acting that dubs tend to have?

Yes.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 21, 2007, 10:56 PM
Makes me feel a bit better about the 360 price. Should've been $30 for PS2/PC I think, if that's the case.

Zael
Nov 21, 2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, the PS2 version can hear character voices. My PM goes "Check this out!" *SUV* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

watashiwa
Nov 21, 2007, 11:00 PM
On 2007-11-21 19:57, Zael wrote:
Yeah, the PS2 version can hear character voices. My PM goes "Check this out!" *SUV* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Although I don't feel so bad anymore finding out that the PS2 version of the game does not have voices in the non-CGI cutscenes, I wish I could hear the "Check this out!" haha.

My PM still grunts when doing an SUV. However, Laia says "I'll destroy you!" when doing her Nanoblast.. or something like that, so that's kinda cool..

beatrixkiddo
Nov 21, 2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah Laia got a unique voice even on PC.

I suspect this is something they need to patch...

mizukage
Nov 21, 2007, 11:03 PM
So, quite a number of people now have the US version of AOI. I was wondering if you guys know whether it has a JP seiyuu option or not.. Option 1 of the male voice at the character creation screen sounds awesome, but I am not sure if it will appear on the US version or not. Many US version games have the JP seiyuu option, but what about AOI???

watashiwa
Nov 21, 2007, 11:04 PM
On 2007-11-21 20:03, mizukage wrote:
I was wondering if you guys know whether it has a JP seiyuu option or not..

If you mean an option to use Japanese voices, no, it's not present.

Reipard
Nov 21, 2007, 11:05 PM
Most of us barely have an english "seiyuu" option at this point http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. No story mode cutscene voices at all on PC or X360 and limited amounts on PS2 from what I've read.

It is understandable to be pissed off about this kind of thing. But inb4omgstopcomplainingushouldbehappysegareleasedit atall none the less.

watashiwa
Nov 21, 2007, 11:07 PM
On 2007-11-21 20:05, Reipard wrote:
It is understandable to be pissed off about this kind of thing. But inb4omgstopcomplainingushouldbehappysegareleasedit atall none the less.

Well, I only mentioned this because it actually was one of the things I was looking forward to.. in addition to widescreen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

After seeing the trailers and some cutscenes of the Japanese version with the voice overs offline, I was just pretty much expecting them to be there on the domestic release.

Oh well, though. Guess SEGA didn't feel like bothering with it for us..

Reipard
Nov 21, 2007, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't quite chalk this up to them not having bothered at all yet. There's still at least a 30% chance this could simply be a fuck-up in the PC release and patches will fix everything.

Broodstar1337
Nov 21, 2007, 11:20 PM
On the 360 side, does Laia have a heavy spanish accent?

Immortal44
Nov 22, 2007, 01:45 AM
No in game voice over!?!?!?! what the-- this is a major let down. Anyway they have all of the japanese cut scenes on youtube. Sonic Team you let us all down once again.

Im really starting to hate SEGA of america. The last game I got from them only had half of the content that it was supposed to. There was some glitch and half of the unlockables wouldnt unlock in the english version of the game. SEGA thinks they can sell half a game to people. Aside from AOI Im not buying anymore SEGA games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Immortal44 on 2007-11-21 22:51 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Nov 22, 2007, 03:11 AM
Now Nariko say, "Time to cutloose" when she NBs it's funny

Chaosgyro
Nov 22, 2007, 09:34 AM
I don't get to hear my characters say fun random things? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Why did I switch from the 360 again?...

landman
Nov 22, 2007, 09:43 AM
So they didn't dub it? and does Sega America have any allergy to the Japanese voice acting? that's better than nothing...

Freshellent
Nov 22, 2007, 09:51 AM
Anyone know if PC is going to get voices? I don't think it's because we can't,because I've heard the CASEALs talk in one of the new missions.

So..wtf happened here? I asked for voices a long time ago,and I got it. On PS2,but not PC?

Sol_B4dguy
Nov 22, 2007, 12:18 PM
Idk. I still hear grunts on my version, but my PS2 friends are kind enough to let me know if I say some random fun thing. It's still annoyin.

hmmm...I don't know if it'll affect anything, but I'm gonna delete my original PSU, just to see if that isn't somehow screwing something up. Doubt anything will happen, though.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 22, 2007, 12:21 PM
I tried that, Sol, thinking the same thing. But it didn't fix it. :/

WBMike
Nov 22, 2007, 05:31 PM
I think we are mainly disappointed that Laia and Co do not speak during missions except the new fancy cutscenes. Its so sad, you can see her mouth talking but no sound is coming out. /WRIST

SStrikerR
Nov 22, 2007, 05:47 PM
when i first played my offline extra mode char i didn't understand how the voice change thing worked so my dude has a little kid voice but when he dies he sounds liek he's a middle aged man being strangled saying, "how could this happen?" wtf...

RemiusTA
Nov 22, 2007, 06:23 PM
Wait WHAT?

So PS2 version still has garbage framerate, no voice acting in the cutscenes, and on top of THAT, they added in spoken phrases (which i was SO glad they omitted from PSUv1 to eliminate the horrible corneyness that the japanese version has) that arent even affected by the Pitch of the voice you give your character?

Sega of America pisses me the fuck off.

Cassee
Nov 22, 2007, 06:34 PM
The PS2 lag is still there, yeah, the cutscenes don't have voice acting(which sucks hardcore; I'd love to hear Laia and Hyuga's little catfight from something other than my head), but the extra voice clips -are- affected by pitch, even if it doesn't seem like it.

And on the subject of extra clips... let's just say I'm going to make an effort to die even less than before, because every time I do, I get treated to a horribly out of place, cheery "Thanks!" It's... it's not good. D:

Kinako78
Nov 22, 2007, 07:14 PM
On 2007-11-21 19:18, Guildenstern wrote:
Oh god...why did they have to destroy my characters' voice by making her every so often when I'm casting spells grit out 'Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrready!' like post-op sex change Tony the Tiger?

I -wish- I had PC right now. The horror. >__<;;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guildenstern on 2007-11-21 19:19 ]</font>

You think that's bad? My character's been turned into a wimp! Everytime she dies, she just says, "Sorry....". I am so changing her voice come free makeover time.

Edit: Sounds like you have the same voice as me, Cassee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinako78 on 2007-11-22 16:15 ]</font>

Shanira
Nov 22, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-11-22 15:34, Cassee wrote:
And on the subject of extra clips... let's just say I'm going to make an effort to die even less than before, because every time I do, I get treated to a horribly out of place, cheery "Thanks!" It's... it's not good. D:
Sounds funny enough that it'd take the sting out of dying a bit though! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sol_B4dguy
Nov 22, 2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks, Kiddo, now I know ST just screwed up with the voices for PC version. (Hopes for a patch)

Vitamin_D
Nov 23, 2007, 12:17 PM
Yeah on PS2 as well the offline storymode doesn't even have a 100th of the voice acting the Japanese version does. As Watashiwa pointed out, there's VO for Laia's opening custscene and the one with Rutsu. Everything else you can see lips move, but there's no voices. I wanted to get the same fully voiced version the Japanese got too, that's why I THOUGHT we were paying more. Its essentially exactly what we already played online with a few voices scattered throughout, it's quite the letdown. However, I DO say "You asked for it!" for an Nanoblast now, and I kinda dig it haha. Oh well though, I don't think I'll bother with Story Mode anymore.

RemiusTA
Nov 23, 2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah, there is no voice acting at all, and it pissed me off, too. Laia actually has a pretty damn good voice actor judging from the cutscenes. Her voice actor is alot more casual than most female english dubs, and she doesnt sound like a cliche angry anime freak.