PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: Did AOI fix the slowdown / framerate issues?

Fredrick
Nov 21, 2007, 11:00 PM
And did it add any other graphics upgrades? Also did they by any chance fix the jerky character movements of other players?

BeastlyMike
Nov 21, 2007, 11:04 PM
On 2007-11-21 20:00, Fredrick wrote:
And did it add any other graphics upgrades? Also did they by any chance fix the jerky character movements of other players?

No.....=(

buzyb77
Nov 21, 2007, 11:05 PM
um Some...yes it look a little better...and my internet is acting up so... I keep disconecting...FU CHARTER...

Broodstar1337
Nov 21, 2007, 11:05 PM
If you're in the middle of a huge firefight, you'll notice the slowdown.

It's not too bad elsewhere...

Reipard
Nov 21, 2007, 11:07 PM
PSU has run like a dream since I installed AOI. Heck, I'm even on higher settings now than I was in PSU vanilla. Full speed. 100% fixed.

watashiwa
Nov 21, 2007, 11:08 PM
On 2007-11-21 20:07, Reipard wrote:
PSU has run like a dream since I installed AOI. Heck, I'm even on higher settings now than I was in PSU vanilla. Full speed. 100% fixed.

This topic is for the XBox360 version of the game... you can't really adjust settings in the 360 version besides resolution. (480i, 480p, 720p or 1080p.. =P)

Reipard
Nov 21, 2007, 11:10 PM
For some reason the tag completely slipped out of my vision. Sorry then.

Sekani
Nov 21, 2007, 11:16 PM
The game runs MUCH more smoothly, enough to where some people think that they sped the game up somehow. The visuals are also a bit cleaner. You'll still get slowdown when there's a lot going on, but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

Overall still not ideal, but a VERY noticeable improvement.

Arika
Nov 21, 2007, 11:18 PM
Hmm, so 360 has this problem ?
I never see anybody point on this ,when they doing console war http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fredrick
Nov 21, 2007, 11:23 PM
On 2007-11-21 20:18, Arika wrote:
Hmm, so 360 has this problem ?
I never see anybody point on this ,when they doing console war http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Probably because the PS2 version is the same way. Or I should say because the 360 version IS the PS2 version.

Parn
Nov 21, 2007, 11:45 PM
No, the 360 version is a direct port of the PC version with a few adjustments. It still has the same lens flare bug that the PC version has.

PhdChristmas
Nov 22, 2007, 02:36 AM
AoI has further sharpened the pixelation, the results are ridiculously fine surfaces. If your on PC, increase your monitor refresh rate to it's max (75mhz in most cases) and in the PSU Options>Graphics>Custom menu check the "v-sync" box. PSU is probably the only PC title where enabling v-sync reduces slowdowns from heavy pixel pushing.

-Set Monitor/display to 75mhz+ refresh rate. On a windows system, Right Click your desktop > select "Properties" > select the "Settings" tab > Click on "Advanced" > select the "Monitor" tab: in this tab make sure "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" is checked. and select the highest "screen refresh rate" option your monitor/display can handle.
-Enable v-sync under PSU options.

Character movement has always been jerky in the lobbies because of bandwidth allowcation from the server side, for example you can never see other players actually "running" in the lobby, they do "half-steps" which looks like theyre tripping over their shoelaces but never falling, when traveling at full speed. I
n missions however, the servers give you full bandwidth they can provide for each individual connection resulting in smooth movement of all characters in a mission.

-Jerky movement of other characters in lobby areas is normal.
-Jerky movement of other characters in mission is not normal. If this is the case your location/internet connection speed to the servers may be the cause. However in your case of experiencing common "slow downs" your machine must be in poor condition or not properly deviced to run PSU.

xzidanex
Nov 22, 2007, 04:53 AM
Sakura Blast is a nightmare for slowdown on 360. While fighting the things at the end (I forget their names), I've never experienced that much slow down since the game came out o.O