PDA

View Full Version : R-mag and TECH-mag vs. Shadoog and Madoog

Bitey
Nov 22, 2007, 04:45 AM
I know that we are used to the terms Madoog and Shadoog because the Japanese versions are called Madugu and Shadugu and we tried to guess the english names, but now the expansion is out and the synth boards for the two clearly say R-mag instead of Shadoog and TECH-mag instead of Madoog.

I have hated the terms Madoog and Shadoog since they were cooked up, to me they sound like car models from the 60's or types of carpeting. I am glad we have better names for them now and I am going to continue to call them R-mag and TECH-mag.

What will you call them?

Remedy
Nov 22, 2007, 04:48 AM
Shadoog and Madoog, because R-Mag and Tech-Mag sound dumb. They're not even mags (other than Sato/Soniti)

xzidanex
Nov 22, 2007, 04:49 AM
Shadoog and Madoog. I don't really like the names, but it just doesn't feel right calling em mags... Since they're not.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 22, 2007, 05:03 AM
Everyone higher level ups call em madoog and shadoog , easy to remember http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

drizzle
Nov 22, 2007, 05:04 AM
Mags, or Combat Support Machinery.

Sasamichan
Nov 22, 2007, 05:16 AM
R-Mag and TECH mag because I play the US version.

-Ryuki-
Nov 22, 2007, 05:18 AM
I prefer "Mag" and "Pod".

Stixx
Nov 22, 2007, 05:26 AM
I'm actually ok with calling them T-MAG and R-MAG. I slip up sometimes and call them Madoog/Shadoog though >.>

Zael
Nov 22, 2007, 05:29 AM
R-Mags and TECH-mags definitely. This isn't the Japanese version.

Sasamichan
Nov 22, 2007, 05:32 AM
On 2007-11-22 02:29, Zael wrote:
R-Mags and TECH-mags definitely. This isn't the Japanese version.

QFT

YUKI_N
Nov 22, 2007, 06:20 AM
Madoog and Shadoog, even Sega of America staff uses these names when talking about the weapons

New categories added: "Photon Whip," "Slicer," Shadoog" and "Madoog" are added.
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20071113a

Acrotechers can use A-class shadoogs and guntechers can use S-class shadoogs
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=56121&highlight=

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: YUKI_N on 2007-11-22 03:22 ]</font>

Zael
Nov 22, 2007, 06:22 AM
That's simply a case of the GMs using common terms people made up, like how they call them "ultimate PAs" when they're clearly not ultimate.

The message board admins aren't the people who made the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2007-11-22 03:22 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 22, 2007, 06:27 AM
On 2007-11-22 03:22, Zael wrote:
The message board admins aren't the people who made the game.To be fair, they do work for the company that made the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mewn
Nov 22, 2007, 06:29 AM
Madoogs and Shadoogs.

Guildenstern
Nov 22, 2007, 07:49 AM
R-mag and TECH-mag are what is used in what we play-- R-mag and TECH-mag is what I'll use. I don't play PSU-JP, so why should I use PSU-JP names for things? Besides, it confuses the new kids.

Ryna
Nov 22, 2007, 07:55 AM
On 2007-11-22 04:49, Guildenstern wrote:
R-mag and TECH-mag are what is used in what we play-- R-mag and TECH-mag is what I'll use. I don't play PSU-JP, so why should I use PSU-JP names for things? Besides, it confuses the new kids.

Keep in mind that "Cards" are referred to as "Throwing Blades" in the local version. However, very few people use that name for the item category.

Raine_Loire
Nov 22, 2007, 07:55 AM
I just call it that maggy thing on my shoulder. I mean, I rarely talk to anyone about it, so I don't have a need to describe it much. If I did, I'd use the term on the synthing board, because THAT'S WHAT IT'S CALLED. It's funny- if we had gone around calling whips "bananas" for months before they were released... then found out they were called whips, would we keep calling them bananas?

I admit, I'm disappointed, I was expecting a mad dog and a shaggy dog to be released with this expansion...

Starrz
Nov 22, 2007, 08:21 AM
R-Mag and TECH-mag. Those of you who want to call it something else, go ahead, but don't acknowledge those as the official names.

Midicronica
Nov 22, 2007, 08:31 AM
I'll keep calling them Madoog and Shadoog.

Weeaboolits
Nov 22, 2007, 08:47 AM
I dunno' I'll probly call them what the game calls them, also R-Mag sounds fun.

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 09:02 AM
I call em SHAGs and MAGs, but we can also try RAGs and TAGs =D

Mystic_Nessly
Nov 22, 2007, 09:18 AM
On 2007-11-22 06:02, Hokokaru wrote:
I call em SHAGs and MAGs, but we can also try RAGs and TAGs =D

Hahaha, that's a good idea. Though, I would prefer the English using "RAG" and "TAG."

Shardio
Nov 22, 2007, 09:23 AM
R-Mag and Tech-Mag. It's only normal calling them that, when our region's version of the game calls them as such. It's the same with Psycho-Wand / Psycho-Stab, you see? n_n

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 09:23 AM
I vote my Idea is better and should be added to the poll!!
the option will be: RAGs/SHAGS and TAGs/MAGs

EDIT:did something mess up with the servers or something? cuz i remember i made my new account on my birthday and now ith says it was made on october 28th =| so I apparently made my new account 5 days before I even did XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hokokaru on 2007-11-22 06:28 ]</font>

Kietrinia
Nov 22, 2007, 10:23 AM
I like Madoog/Shadoog, it's fun to say! ^-^

Sekani
Nov 22, 2007, 11:46 AM
Madoog and Shadoog sound so stupid when you say them out loud (voice chat). I'm glad there's an alternative now.

Astarin
Nov 22, 2007, 12:01 PM
They have another name, too. Has anyone checked the shop search: by condition? There, they're both named with some ridiculous 4-letter acronym (which escapes me at the moment). So, R-Mag and Tech-Mag are way better than that.

And I'm sure some elitist players will continue to call them Madoog and Shadoog, just as those who insist on calling them "damu" technics. *rolls eyes*

Pengfishh
Nov 22, 2007, 12:18 PM
Meh, doesn't really matter as long as we're all clear on what's being referred to. I will go back to making silly songs now.

Broodstar1337
Nov 22, 2007, 12:19 PM
I still call them Madoogs and Shadoogs because that's the first thing I remember.

First impressions are the lasting ones, you know...

Eeyore
Nov 22, 2007, 12:25 PM
On 2007-11-22 04:55, Ryna wrote:

On 2007-11-22 04:49, Guildenstern wrote:

Keep in mind that "Cards" are referred to as "Throwing Blades" in the local version. However, very few people use that name for the item category.

In the new player shop search, you can search "card" or pick it from a menu to search for cards. Also the mags are called something else going by the shop search options.

EspioKaos
Nov 22, 2007, 12:32 PM
In shop searches, they are referred to as TCSM (TECHNIC combat support machine) and RCSM (ranged combat support machine).

CelestialBlade
Nov 22, 2007, 12:34 PM
Who doesn't like to say Mad00g and Shad00g?

Pengfishh
Nov 22, 2007, 12:43 PM
Mag and Shag!

_K1_
Nov 22, 2007, 12:46 PM
I like the new names better, but this game already has so many bizarre names in it that two more hardly matter.

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 12:50 PM
Mag and Shag!Yes, my way makes sense and is easily remembered with its 1 silible =p

Chuck_Norris
Nov 22, 2007, 01:00 PM
R-mag and TECH-mag sound retarded. I'd really hate to see people start calling them that...

Kinako78
Nov 22, 2007, 01:06 PM
I'll probably still call them Madoog and Shadoog just cause it's what I'm used to.

DrWhistler
Nov 22, 2007, 02:58 PM
Madoog and Shadoog sounds silly. I like Mag.

Para
Nov 22, 2007, 03:02 PM
Madoog and Shadoog because it seems more like an original name. Mag had its time.

-Tidus_415-
Nov 22, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-11-22 02:16, Sasamichan wrote:
R-Mag and TECH mag because I play the US version.

gryphonvii
Nov 22, 2007, 03:17 PM
I've been calling them madoog and shadoog since I found out about them, it feels weird to call them anything else, and if someone is confused in my party I'll explain, but I always call them madoog and shadoog.

Egg99
Nov 22, 2007, 03:48 PM
I call them Mags. Since that's exactly what they are.

However I'd been calling both of them Mags up until this point... now that I've heard that Shag term, I'm quite intrigued http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zoamel_Gustav
Nov 23, 2007, 07:05 PM
Weapon category names based on PA disk descriptions and board descriptions (Weapon category name used by shop search and lowest GRM model in parenthesis):

Bow (Long Bow)
Throwing blade (Card)
Crossbow (Crossbow)
Grenade (Grenade Launcher)
Handgun (Handgun)
Laser cannon (Laser cannon)
Machinegun (Machinegun)
Rifle (Rifle)
Shotgun (Shotgun)
Twin handgun (Twin handgun)
R-Mag (Ranged combat support machine)

Axe (Axe)
Claw (Claw)
Dagger (Dagger)
Double Blade (Double Saber)
Knuckles (Knuckles)
1-hand blade (Saber)
Spear (Spear)
Long sword (Sword)
Twin claws (Twin claws)
Twin daggers (Twin daggers)
Twin blades (Twin saber)
Slicer (Slicer)
Whip (Whip)

Long staff (Rod)
1-hand wand (Wand)
TECH-Mag (TECHNIC combat support machine)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zoamel_Gustav on 2007-11-23 16:05 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 23, 2007, 07:23 PM
R-Mag and TECH-Mag? Why does only one of them have the single-letter abbreviation? Retarded. I'll stick with the Shadoog and Madoog, though I'll move on to Shags and Mags (or Tags) since those sound even better.

As for calling something by original or localized names, I do that on a case-by-case basis, depending on what sounds better or makes more sense. (in this case, sha- and madoog sound more original, only RESEMBLE mags, made a lasting impression on the player base, and don't have uneven abbreviations unless referred to by those 4-letter acronyms that I never knew about till reading this thread.)

Schubalts
Nov 23, 2007, 07:30 PM
Bullet has no 4-letter abbreviation. Unless you want to call it a Bull-Mag.

omegapirate2k
Nov 23, 2007, 07:37 PM
I use either one, really, doesn't bother me.

ALTHOUGH NOW YOU PEOPLE CAN'T CALL YOUR PARTNER MACHINE A FUCKING MAG, OK?

Soukosa
Nov 23, 2007, 07:38 PM
It's "shaduugu" and "maduugu" in Japanese. There's a huge difference between short and long vowels in Japanese, unlike western languages and it essentially creates another word entirely. Should also be noted that the "du" sound doesn't exist naturally in Japanese and was most likely named that so it would sound westernish. Thus "Shadoog" and "Madoog" are the correct translations of their names in English. Everyone has always used the correct names for everything (except the retards that call cards "fans"). So why do it any different here?

For the stuff in the boards and PAs... that's just SoA failing. In the Japanese version the words used there are the Japanese terms for the actual weapon systems, whose real names use English terms. I don't know why they didn't use the same consistency all around but SoA didn't help people much when they just did a literal translation of what it says in Japanese instead of putting the actual system names. They did the same thing with the stats on equipment, they did a literal translation of what the Japanese name stat names mean instead of using the correct names for the stats. In the JP version, both the player stats and equip stats read the same (sans a prefix on the former) unlike on the western version. Anyways, the pure Japanese names for the shadoog and madoog systems would come out to something like what "RCSM" and "TCSM" stand for. That's probably where they got that from, but the terms on the boards? That's anyone's guess. Remember, this is the company that can't even spell "Assassin" right, changed the rejene tech to "Reverser" when PSO reverser revived people, not cure ailments, and fucked up "technique" by just taking how its written in Japanese "tekuniku" instead of translating it for it means.

If you have trouble remembering which is which, just look at the first two letters of the name. "Shadoog" starts with "sh" like "shooting" does and "madoog" starts with "ma" like in "magic". Easy enough and makes much more sense than the stupid mag names.

Zael
Nov 23, 2007, 07:41 PM
On 2007-11-22 05:21, Starrz wrote:
R-Mag and TECH-mag. Those of you who want to call it something else, go ahead, but don't acknowledge those as the official names.

Nai_Calus
Nov 23, 2007, 07:42 PM
On 2007-11-22 09:01, Astarin wrote:

And I'm sure some elitist players will continue to call them Madoog and Shadoog, just as those who insist on calling them "damu" technics. *rolls eyes*

So continuing to call them Madoogs and Shadoogs instead of the fucking retarded US names makes me an elitist?

Nevermind that, you know, they're called fucking Madoogs and Shadoogs in the version of the game I play. Gee, I didn't know that merely playing on the JP servers was enough to make one an 'elitist'! Thank you for educating me!

And no, I don't call Dambarta etc 'damu'. It's stupid, ending 'u' sounds in katakana are frequently dropped, and if I wanted to do a straight romanization anyway it'd be damu baata since there's a word seperator in the katakana tech name. XP I could argue that it should be Dam Barta, but I don't give a shit and the US name is at least a reasonable approximation, not made-up bullshit like 'R-mag' and 'Tech-mag'.

So, yup, still Madoog and Shadoog here, because I play the Japanese version and that's what they're called. XP No elitism involved. 9_9

Edit:

On 2007-11-23 16:41, Zael wrote:

Ah, but they ARE the official names for the version I play. So I'll acknowledge them as official all I want. XP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian-KunX on 2007-11-23 16:46 ]</font>

Schubalts
Nov 23, 2007, 07:45 PM
Astarin was obviously talking about the non-Japanese only servers.

Dragwind
Nov 23, 2007, 07:46 PM
I guess I'm going to try to adjust to the new names.

Nai_Calus
Nov 23, 2007, 07:48 PM
Astarin was obviously including the Japanese servers, since most of the 'elitists' who use 'damubarta' etc play on the Japanese servers. >_> Other than Remedy, pretty much everyone I see use 'damubarta' and its ilk is on the JP servers, so yeah, there isn't really any way to take that other than 'lol JP players are elitists'. (Which for a lot of them is true, but. XP )

Zael
Nov 23, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-11-23 16:42, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2007-11-22 09:01, Astarin wrote:

So continuing to call them Madoogs and Shadoogs instead of the fucking retarded US names makes me an elitist?

Nevermind that, you know, they're called fucking Madoogs and Shadoogs in the version of the game I play. Gee, I didn't know that merely playing on the JP servers was enough to make one an 'elitist'! Thank you for educating me!

And no, I don't call Dambarta etc 'damu'. It's stupid, ending 'u' sounds in katakana are frequently dropped, and if I wanted to do a straight romanization anyway it'd be damu baata since there's a word seperator in the katakana tech name. XP I could argue that it should be Dam Barta, but I don't give a shit and the US name is at least a reasonable approximation, not made-up bullshit like 'R-mag' and 'Tech-mag'.

So, yup, still Madoog and Shadoog here, because I play the Japanese version and that's what they're called. XP No elitism involved. 9_9

Edit:

On 2007-11-23 16:41, Zael wrote:

Ah, but they ARE the official names for the version I play. So I'll acknowledge them as official all I want. XP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian-KunX on 2007-11-23 16:46 ]</font>

Obviously, importers are the exception :/

Smallredbox
Nov 23, 2007, 08:41 PM
Why not call em Shags and Mags?

NeoTeppin
Nov 23, 2007, 08:44 PM
Ill prolly end up callin them Mads and Shads http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Chuck_Norris
Nov 23, 2007, 09:55 PM
On 2007-11-23 16:05, Zoamel_Gustav wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zoamel_Gustav on 2007-11-23 16:05 ]</font>

Well if that's the case. We might as well call them RCSM, and TCSM. >_>

GuardianElite
Nov 23, 2007, 10:01 PM
come on R-mags and tech-mags are in btw doesnt anyone remember that Pre-mags of first models were combat ones on pso

Chuck_Norris
Nov 23, 2007, 10:03 PM
I will NEVER call them that. They are Madoog, and Shadoog, and i will always know them as such.

GuardianElite
Nov 23, 2007, 10:05 PM
call em whatever you want chucky DR.Montigue calls them mags xp

MT7218
Nov 23, 2007, 11:02 PM
I prefer calling them R-Mag and TECH-mag, because that way I know which is which. I kept getting confused which one is the auto-shooter and which is the tech weapon when they were called Shadoog and Madoog. The names are too similar for me to remember consistantly which does which, and the similarity in icons on the menu screen didn't help me either. R-Mag and TECH-mag are diffrent and obvious enough for me to remember which.

On a side note... anyone know what PM the R-Mags are supposed to go in for synthing them? Given they are synthed with an ele%, I would assume it's on a Strikeing PM, but since all they do is shoot and their attack power is based on TP, I don't know if their boards should go into a ranged or tech PM.

Ashdown
Nov 25, 2007, 06:52 PM
Useless automated handgun and bizarre floating wand, but thats just me.

Umberger
Nov 25, 2007, 06:59 PM
On 2007-11-22 03:29, Mewn wrote:
Madoogs and Shadoogs.

Kimil
Nov 25, 2007, 07:17 PM
R-Mag, T-Mag

Maxson
Nov 25, 2007, 07:18 PM
I think the Item Database should at least include a reference to their English names. Maybe a "TECH-Mag / Madoog" and "R-Mag / Shadoog" listing. Or the other way around, if people want; it's going to be hard for new people to use the database otherwise.

Rizen
Nov 25, 2007, 07:40 PM
I will switch with the official naming and seeing how thats the english name for them too , Madoogs and Shadoogs.

Kamica
Nov 25, 2007, 08:36 PM
On 2007-11-23 16:05, Zoamel_Gustav wrote:
Weapon category names based on PA disk descriptions and board descriptions (Weapon category name used by shop search and lowest GRM model in parenthesis):

Bow (Long Bow)
Throwing blade (Card)
Crossbow (Crossbow)
Grenade (Grenade Launcher)
Handgun (Handgun)
Laser cannon (Laser cannon)
Machinegun (Machinegun)
Rifle (Rifle)
Shotgun (Shotgun)
Twin handgun (Twin handgun)

Axe (Axe)
Claw (Claw)
Dagger (Dagger)
Double Blade (Double Saber)
Knuckles (Knuckles)
1-hand blade (Saber)
Spear (Spear)
Long sword (Sword)
Twin claws (Twin claws)
Twin daggers (Twin daggers)
Twin blades (Twin saber)
Slicer (Slicer)
Whip (Whip)

Long staff (Rod)
1-hand wand (Wand)

THIS. The name is madoog and shadoog people. Get real.

VectormanX
Nov 25, 2007, 08:38 PM
Madoog reminds me of "magic"
Shadoog reminds me of "shooting"
So i'll vote that.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 25, 2007, 08:43 PM
As you can see here,

THEY CALL THEM "SHADOOG" AND "MADOOG".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-11-25 17:44 ]</font>

Flwl3ssCowboy
Nov 25, 2007, 08:48 PM
i'll call em what i feel like calling them.

Krisan
Nov 25, 2007, 08:49 PM
ugh, why do people even give a rats ass about this? Sega has given the bloody things THREE names each over here.. They listed them as Madoog and Shadoog on their official site, they gave em TECH-MAG and R-MAG on the weapon boards, and they listed em as TCSM and RCSM in the shop search.. I do not see any of these three names being anymore incorrect than the other, nor do I care who uses what or why..

Madoog and Shadoog have been known much longer though, thus they are the standard now. Do not whine or bitch about it being the "JP Name" or how it is irrelevant because you play the US version. SoA has referred to these items as Madoog's and Shadoog's already on the official site, it isn't just a JP Name, deal with it.. even if it were though, why the hell would it matter? Sounds like a pretty ignorant and elitist attitude.. Likewise, why does anyone care if people call them MAG's? Let them, SoA apparently thinks that works as a name for them too.. so there is nothing wrong with people calling them MAG's now.. Let it go.

That is all.

Zael
Nov 25, 2007, 08:51 PM
On 2007-11-25 17:43, chuck_norris wrote:
As you can see here,

THEY CALL THEM "SHADOOG" AND "MADOOG".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-11-25 17:44 ]</font>

Site isn't nowhere as reliable a place for terminology as the actual game itself. The site also called them "Ultimate PAs" when they are clearly not ultimate.

You won't see the game call them "madoogs" or "shadoogs" even once.

Krisan
Nov 25, 2007, 08:55 PM
It hardly makes any damned difference, though. The name became the standard, it is something people are very familiar with now.. and the names are unique, which is something a lot of people like. It shouldn't matter if people call them that, nor should it matter if people call them MAG's either.. it just does not matter. The fact people are at an ends with each other over something so trivial is just.. well it is just plain sad honestly.

Zael
Nov 25, 2007, 08:58 PM
Standard on forums, maybe.

But if you call them that in front of people who play PSU without visiting forums (and yes, there are a lot of those), they won't be able to tell the reference.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 25, 2007, 09:05 PM
On 2007-11-25 17:51, Zael wrote:
Site isn't nowhere as reliable a place for terminology as the actual game itself. The site also called them "Ultimate PAs" when they are clearly not ultimate.

Majarra isn't ultimate?

You won't see the game call them "madoogs" or "shadoogs" even once.

Ya got me there. :/

Flwl3ssCowboy
Nov 25, 2007, 09:07 PM
On 2007-11-25 18:05, chuck_norris wrote:

Majarra isn't ultimate?

I think he was referring to the mags/sha/madoogs/R/TSCMs

I don't know though, I've been trying to stay away from this inane thread.

Sekani
Nov 25, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-11-25 17:58, Zael wrote:
Standard on forums, maybe.

But if you call them that in front of people who play PSU without visiting forums (and yes, there are a lot of those), they won't be able to tell the reference.

QFT. The vast majority of players (on 360 at least) have no clue what a "madoog" or "shadoog" are.

Zael
Nov 25, 2007, 09:28 PM

Majarra isn't ultimate?
Some of them are good, some of them completely suck.

But people call ALL PAs purchased via PA Fragments "Ultimate PAs"

KamiSori
Nov 25, 2007, 09:59 PM
madoog and shadoog sound retarded.

i prefer R-mags/Tech-mags but i call them mags and shags for short.

RedX
Nov 25, 2007, 11:29 PM
madoog and shadoog because if you call them mags people will start asking how you feed them >.>

pikachief
Nov 25, 2007, 11:38 PM
On 2007-11-25 18:28, Zael wrote:

Majarra isn't ultimate?
Some of them are good, some of them completely suck.

But people call ALL PAs purchased via PA Fragments "Ultimate PAs"

when they were first released they were not called ultimate PAs

after so many people called them ultimate PAs soon sega called it that after we got our second set of tehm >.>

thats y axel is calling teh new AOI ones IIV Pas or w/e cz he wants his name to be a part of PSU XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-11-25 20:39 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Nov 25, 2007, 11:46 PM
On 2007-11-25 20:38, pikachief wrote:
thats y axel is calling teh new AOI ones IIV Pas or w/e cz he wants his name to be a part of PSU XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-11-25 20:39 ]</font>

Although, it doesn't make much sence. Since it's not even a real roman numeral.

pikachief
Nov 25, 2007, 11:47 PM
On 2007-11-25 20:46, chuck_norris wrote:

On 2007-11-25 20:38, pikachief wrote:

Although, it doesn't make much sence. Since it's not even a real roman numeral.

whoops i mean VII

HalfDarShadow
Nov 25, 2007, 11:53 PM
umm........

i call them both mags cause thats wat there called when i used to play pso 1&2 for the GC

so yea^^ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

pikachief
Nov 25, 2007, 11:58 PM
i dont call them mags cuz they arent mags. they are weapons.

thats y i call them shadoogs.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 26, 2007, 12:00 AM
Topic is tl;dr.

TCSM/RCSM seems best to me, since it is more consistent with how we name other weapon categories. In other words, if you want to use Tech-mag/R-mag, then have to call cards "throwing blades" and sabers "single handed blades."

HalfDarShadow
Nov 26, 2007, 12:02 AM
youh have a point.....

i dunno.....

it dosnt matter to me anyways

ill start calling them shadoogs

thanks^^

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 26, 2007, 12:13 AM
A quick warning to those who call them mags and shags: "Shag" is censored! That'll make it kinda hard to refer to in singular form then. Go Sega.

Criss
Nov 26, 2007, 12:18 AM
Why do people even care? What if people call machineguns "Mguns" or "mechguns"? What if someone wants to call spears pokesticks?

These things were especially made to represent the Mags of PSO in PSU, without bringing back their exact functionality which completely did NOT fit with PSU's gameplay. They ARE Mags, with a PSU twist. So calling them T-Mags or R-Mags makes perfect sense.

Same for TCSM and RCSM. Tech-Casting Support Machine makes perfect sense as to the weapon's use. And as Soukosa said, madoogs and shadoogs also sound like good translations.

So really, why not stop whining and arguing about it and just use whatever you people want?

Silly people. >.>

HalfDarShadow
Nov 26, 2007, 12:21 AM
haha

niice^^

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007, 12:23 AM
On 2007-11-25 21:18, Criss wrote:
Why do people even care? What if people call machineguns "Mguns" or "mechguns"? What if someone wants to call spears pokesticks?

These things were especially made to represent the Mags of PSO in PSU, without bringing back their exact functionality which completely did NOT fit with PSU's gameplay. They ARE Mags, with a PSU twist. So calling them T-Mags or R-Mags makes perfect sense.

Same for TCSM and RCSM. Tech-Casting Support Machine makes perfect sense as to the weapon's use. And as Soukosa said, madoogs and shadoogs also sound like good translations.

So really, why not stop whining and arguing about it and just use whatever you people want?

Silly people. >.>

Because names are serious business in PSU.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 26, 2007, 12:27 AM
On 2007-11-25 20:47, pikachief wrote:
whoops i mean VII

Ah, in that case. Let me rephrase.

It doesn't make much sence though. Since they're the 5th set of PA's. Not 7th.

PsNiBe
Nov 26, 2007, 11:21 AM
stop shadoogin' madoog