PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy...?

Atsuma
Nov 22, 2007, 11:13 PM
Now that the new expansion is out, I figured I would ask some questions on should I get or not.. I've heard alot of things about this game, bad and good. I played the regular PSU for a couple weeks and got sick of the lack of content and poof. I was gone. Anyways, so some questions....

How is the expansion compaired to the old one?
Is it a stand alone game?
Is it easy or hard or...?
What classes are played most/least? I'm assuming something is OP atm since its just released.
I got 360 and PC and ps2, what should I get it for if I do decide?
Alot of lowbies or people leveling alts? Cause I'm starting at level 1 if I play again. I forgot my old info -_-

I'm sure some are repeats and so forth, but eh, its my first post.

Noblewine
Nov 23, 2007, 12:03 AM
The old version had poor meseta drops and bad exp distribution. The battle engine didn't have the Just
Abilities. The high shop prices have been supposedly dropped. You can do more with your room instead of adding room decoration, wallpaper and shops.
I'm not sure about the stand Alone question. Sorry.
I say the changes have made it a bit easier to solo but it still has some challenges.
Not really sure. I think for classes it's Humans or Newmans. The least popular Job Class I have no clue.
If you choose 360 you're playing on a different Hub but the 360 has nice additions and some bad ones that
I've heard you can get temparorly banned for swearing or something like that. If you choose PC/PS2 you won't get into trouble for swearing though glitching or manipulating any glitches will get ya banned like in the 360 version.
I suppose so though it's a good way to make friend if you do run into those that need help.

Dhylec
Nov 23, 2007, 12:09 AM
It's pretty much up to ya.
-AoI is an improvement of the previous. There are more of everything. See the sticky for more info.
-On PC/PS2, it's a stand alone, $40, you don't need anything from PSU to play it. On 360, you must have the original version to download the expansion, $20. Also, no offline mode for 360.
-360 has more players, but you can find others to play with on PC/PS2 as well.
-Classes are personal preference. I have no real comment on this.
-Restarting is easy. The game give more exp & money even soloing. Party up & you'd get more. It's made now easier to solo & a lot easier in party.